Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,880 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cody's tattoo didn't make sense. If only Jack Gallagher was more mainstream, it might have been overshadowed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    But but this is AEW not WWE I thought they always made sense???

I don't think anyone's making that point, are they?

There is good and bad in AEW. More good than bad, that said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Monokne wrote: »
    Just because there are exceptions it doesn't mean the rules have changed. Watch the show for 5 minutes. No-one says title shot. Everyone says CHAMPIONSHIP OPPORTUNITY. Guys brag about being the best performer or the best sports entertainer, rather than the best wrestler. And yeah Becky was allowed it but no-one else says belt either. When was the last time anyone said THE FANS rather than THE UNIVERSE?

It's like a cult.

AEW is so refreshing.

I just like listening to commentary where the commentators are able to call it as they see it. I watched a bit of the Rumble, and within 5 mins I was sick of listening to Vince via Michael Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I just like listening to commentary where the commentators are able to call it as they see it. I watched a bit of the Rumble, and within 5 mins I was sick of listening to Vince via Michael Cole.

I can't stand Cole, pisses me right off, watch the Hardyz come back... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can't stand Cole, pisses me right off, watch the Hardyz come back... ugh.

Or a more recent one, Edge returning at the Royal Rumble.

• Advertisement

This is a very accurate description.

I feel for Cole because he's a really good pro wrestling announcer when he's left to his own devices. Got the Tyler Bate fairytale story over really well the night of the NXT UK title tournament back in January 2017 when he got to just announce. When he's out there doing Vince's mouthpiece, ugh.

I still find it surprising that many people don't understand that is his role and that's why he announces how he does. Vince wants that homogenised feel to everything in his product.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,880 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One thing I noticed about the commentary was a lot of dead air. and not due to shock or anything. They just seemed to stop as if not knowing what to say about what was going on

CastorTroy wrote: »
    One thing I noticed about the commentary was a lot of dead air. and not due to shock or anything. They just seemed to stop as if not knowing what to say about what was going on

I don't mind it, feels real. Not like a big movie script been read.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Everyone in WWE, from the performers to the commentary, gives the vibe of a child trying to impress their parent.

AEW feels like adults acting naturally about something they genuinely care about. It'll be rough at times, but I'll take dead-air, fumbled lines, derision of gimmicks, botched moves and neck tats a million times, over hearing "THE BIG DOOOOOG" once.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Everyone in WWE, from the performers to the commentary, gives the vibe of a child trying to impress their parent.

AEW feels like adults acting naturally about something they genuinely care about. It'll be rough at times, but I'll take dead-air, fumbled lines, derision of gimmicks, botched moves and neck tats a million times, over hearing "THE BIG DOOOOOG" once.

Important to note that dynamic is Dad's fault and not the kids.

Even Jericho, who is fiercely independent and opinionated, was minded that way in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Thought the crowd made Orange Cassidy look like a star.

Never really got it before but actually really enjoyed himself and PAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mox and Darby VS Jericho and Sammy announced for Dynamite, love it. Mox and Allin could be a great pairing, I wonder how Shooter Umino feels about it though!

Cody was on a podcast today and said he's not like Vince where everyone is the same, he more along the lines said everyone wants something different so each wrestler covers that, which makes sense, I like this where as other like that... Cassidy is nothing like the Bucks, where as Rollins is like Balor who is like so and so... same moves etc.

Important to note that dynamic is Dad's fault and not the kids.

Even Jericho, who is fiercely independent and opinionated, was minded that way in WWE.

I'll largely agree with that, yeah.

However to just complete this analogy, these are grown up kids who take a cushy allowance in exchange for keeping their horrible father happy.

Were they willing to tighten their belts a bit, move out into the big bad world, they could live a much more meaningful, if not entirely luxurious, existence.

Do I blame them? Absolutely not.

But I will also disregard their craft as contrived and insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Tag title match was sensational. The job they've done rehabbing Page has been brilliant to watch, he was the most over person in the match. Really fun ppv though I don't think any other match was really great. AEW have been on fire lately with the TV, it's been a while since I've actively looked forward to watching weekly wrestling TV.

I think the reason the Cody v MJF match felt so flat is because there was no real heat going into it. Cody had jumped through so many hoops to get the match, that it almost felt like the reward for a drawn out feud, rather than the blow-off. MJF really should have gotten some heat back in the go-home show.

That said, I can eventually see this evolving to an even bigger feud involving Arn, so maybe it was tactical to not have the heat too nuclear going in, as the payoff wasn't forthcoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Just watched 'Revolution' and thought it was flippin' brilliant!!!

That tag match was edge of the seat stuff and had me captivated!Hangman Adam Page is brilliant!Love his character!Finally seeing the big deal with Omega too!

Love MJF as a heel but he definitely needs to improve in the ring!Delighted he won though!

Loved Orange Cassidy as well!He just has it and hopefully we will get to see him go alot more now!Well impressed with Pac lately too.Seriously talented!

Really disappointed Jericho dropped the belt and really hope he gets it back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Revolution was fantastic, with some really good showings, for the likes of Sammy Guevara and Cody, but the tag match was the best of the night by far.

They are doing a great job with Adam Page, and i really enjoyed the storytelling, especially the little tease at the end of a Buckshot Lariat. Tag wrestling, when done properly, is the most exhilarating thing in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Are Fozzy going on tour or something? Ideally I would have liked them to hold off til Double or Nothing for the title change. Would have been the anniversary of Moxley's debut and I would have liked him to have to struggle a little bit longer, a dirty Jericho win would have accomplished that.

That said excellent show overall and looking forward to seeing the new AEW Champion in action next week in Dublin!

As many have said the tag match was match of the year so far for me without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive missed Revolution live, is Fire tv the only way to catch a replay or is there a cheaper method?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive missed Revolution live, is Fire tv the only way to catch a replay or is there a cheaper method?

Pirate Bay is your friend, BeakerJoe.

This actually reminds me of a question I wanted to ask of everyone.

Those who saw Revolution, did you:

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream
    3) Download a torrent the next day

?

I got a torrent for what its worth.

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream

?

2, only cause I'd no other way to get it. Then 3 for my Dad.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Are Fozzy going on tour or something? Ideally I would have liked them to hold off til Double or Nothing for the title change. Would have been the anniversary of Moxley's debut and I would have liked him to have to struggle a little bit longer, a dirty Jericho win would have accomplished that.

That said excellent show overall and looking forward to seeing the new AEW Champion in action next week in Dublin!

As many have said the tag match was match of the year so far for me without a doubt.

Yeah they are heading on tour next month, I'm sure Jericho will pop up on AEW when Fozzy's tour schedule can allow, and if both happen to be in the same city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream

?

Bought it, I have the disposable income now. My days of streaming/torrenting are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream

?

Number 2. Would have bought if had more disposable income like above. I paid for the first few weeks to watch Dynamite live when it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Then 3 for my Dad.

What does dad think of AEW?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

1) Buy
    2) Illegally stream

?

Dailymotion, matches were uploaded and still up on the site. Normally stream on the night, or stream the next day, but will watch on Dailymotion when matches are uploaded.

rizzla wrote: »
    Bought it, I have the disposable income now. My days of streaming/torrenting are over.

I could probably manage the disposable income but I'm paying for their TV as is so don't feel compelled to pay for this. WWE dropping PPV changed the equation for me. I can't ever see myself buying a pay per view again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ajsmiles

Bought on ps4.

• Advertisement

The ending of Being The Elite this week, ties into Episode 10 of Free The Delete

Advertisement