Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Hi , Sorry about the 40 questions but my current Boss is leaving there position and I have them down for My Ref . Would it be possible if I rang Pas to change my Ref for current employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dothejoy

Hi guys!

I was just wondering if the Civil Service provides any health insurance to their employees or is that something I'd have to sort that out on my own?
    I'm asking because I need to have some kind of health insurance in Ireland in order to cancel the one I have in Slovenia (my native country), because I can't be insured in two countries at the same time. I've heard from a friend of mine that they don't provide any, but I'm asking here just in case.

Also, seeing as I'll be working a bit far out of Dublin City and I'm probably looking at a bit of a commute, I was wondering if they cover any travel expenses or at least any discounts on tickets? (I know even asking that might be a tad optimistic, but one can dream, right? :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ciao Belle

only girl wrote: »
    Has anyone received their contracts by post? How long before start date did you get it? I'm starting 14th of January and thought I'd have it by now.

I'm starting 7th January and I got all my documents by email about 2 weeks ago, maybe worth a check..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

only girl wrote: »
    Has anyone received their contracts by post? How long before start date did you get it? I'm starting 14th of January and thought I'd have it by now.
    I got my contract emailed to me on Thursday and due to start 14th Jan with the guards in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    I'm starting 7th January and I got all my documents by email about 2 weeks ago, maybe worth a check..

Is there flexi time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Ciao Belle

Leela82 wrote: »

Is there flexi time?
    No idea....I just assumed so. Goodness, I hope so!!

No idea....I just assumed so. Goodness, I hope so!!

Fingers crossed! I didn’t see anything about it in the contract so just wondered if I’d missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

Anyone got any idea how long after clearance has come back and references are checked that they inform you of your department?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Catalan69

Anyone got any idea how long after clearance has come back and references are checked that they inform you of your department?

I got the call in Sept..... Sent in all documents requested..... Finished vetting too...have heard nothing and emails unanswered
    Maybe there's people ahead of us who are still being processed?

Catalan69 wrote: »
    I got the call in Sept..... Sent in all documents requested..... Finished vetting too...have heard nothing and emails unanswered

I have no clue how they do it. Was hoping for a Jan start!

• Advertisement

I have no clue how they do it. Was hoping for a Jan start!

Me too

Catalan69 wrote: »

What kind of documents outside of reference and vetting do they look for please

What kind of documents outside of reference and vetting do they look for please

Depends on your circumstances. If you have been out of work they'll want a letter from Social Welfare or Revenue.... If you're at college they'll want a letter from them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ladywawa

Hi,
    I got my Garda vetting cleared, and last correspondence I had with PAS they were checking my refs. Batch 2. Have heard nothing now and it's been a week. I sent an email but no reply. Are all the contracts for Jan sent out now?.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

Is it 1 year probation for a CO ?

ladywawa wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got my Garda vetting cleared, and last correspondence I had with PAS they were checking my refs. Batch 2. Have heard nothing now and it's been a week. I sent an email but no reply. Are all the contracts for Jan sent out now?.

Thanks

Same situation.. Batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alchemy_

beanudo wrote: »
    Hi, im batch 4 number 68. I haven't done the interview yet? when did you do it?
    Thanks!

Batch 4 number 19 had interview in early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Paddy93 wrote: »
    Is it 1 year probation for a CO ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

No new posts here for a couple of weeks.
    Has anybody been hearing anything?

sully123 wrote: »
    No new posts here for a couple of weeks.
    Has anybody been hearing anything?

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

No, I’ve heard nothing but considering the Christmas break that’s not that surprising.

I’d imagine they’re just getting back into the swing of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

I got a call for interview. Batch 4.2 OOM In early 100’s

• Registered Users Posts: 9 p0rk_s0da

I am in batch 1.6 and still awaiting special clearance in regards to starting with the Guards. Anyone else in the same boat? Person from PAS told me to contact the Garda Civilian Human Resources Directorate by phone but can't find a number. Anyone been talking to them and do they give much update?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

Just a quick question for those who filled out the supplementary application form. It’s looking for leaving cert results but I did mine over 20 years ago and I can’t remember the results what did you do

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Anyone here worked for the guards anywhere on capel street?

abellew wrote: »
    Just a quick question for those who filled out the supplementary application form. It’s looking for leaving cert results but I did mine over 20 years ago and I can’t remember the results what did you do

I just put down the subjects I done and left the results blank .I passed the interview and I'm in clearance now . I hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ertin

I just put down the subjects I done and left the results blank .I passed the interview and I'm in clearance now . I hope that helps

Think a couple of people said the same further back in the thread, could also check https://www.examinations.ie/?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sor if needed to request a replacement copy of results

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub70

p0rk_s0da wrote: »
    I am in batch 1.6 and still awaiting special clearance in regards to starting with the Guards. Anyone else in the same boat? Person from PAS told me to contact the Garda Civilian Human Resources Directorate by phone but can't find a number. Anyone been talking to them and do they give much update?

I'm in the same boat as you. Have emailed garda hr and they just reply with "we will be in contact when you are cleared"

Anyone who has started with the guards how are you finding it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Leela82 wrote: »
    Anyone who has started with the guards how are you finding it?

Im starting on monday. So nervous :(

Advertisement