Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

Has anybody been assigned to the Attorney General's Office and if so how are you fining it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Sorry to hear you're waiting so long Can I ask if you don't mind, did your extra vetting come back disclosure viewed at all or did it disappear before that stage

It's now gone from the tracking system so I can't see it anymore.

me too!

19 weeks and counting

Rang PAS this afternoon and they said there is a batch of candidates awaiting extra clearance due in tomorrow. If we are on it they will contact us tomorrow or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

Fingers crossed then

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

Got a response for my Garda vetting for the Executive Officer 2016 This may shed some light on the process."The word “disclosure” in this instance means that the National Vetting Bureau have completed that particular strand of vetting.An Garda Siochana vetting is a 3 strand process and can take up to 12 weeks. It is a very in-depth process and a lot of Garda Resources are involved. We hope to have candidates cleared prior to this time but unfortunately we cannot guarantee this".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Catalan69

dub70 wrote: »
    Rang PAS this afternoon and they said there is a batch of candidates awaiting extra clearance due in tomorrow. If we are on it they will contact us tomorrow or Monday.

Just received firm notification of dept. Hr to get get in touch with start date .

got assigned anyway, message in public jobs on message board.

How long now I wonder before they call us

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

got assigned anyway, message in public jobs on message board.

How long now I wonder before they call us

Lucky you. I am sick of the waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

I have an interview in a few weeks any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

Dalio wrote: »
    I have an interview in a few weeks any advice?
    What batch are you and what's your OOM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 doawheelie2020

Has anyone got a idea of what oom they are on now?

Anyone else assigned to GISC in Castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I just got a message to see if I would consider CO in the prison service. Anyone else get this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I just got a message to see if I would consider CO in the prison service. Anyone else get this?

Same here

trudy2222 wrote:
    Same here

Are you considering it? A lot of training for it. Not sure if I will go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

Are you considering it? A lot of training for it. Not sure if I will go for it

Got the same. I wouldn’t be in a position to train in portlaois for 4/5 weeks so will have to pass. Doesn’t look like flexi time availble either?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AG30

frezabelle wrote: »
    Got the same. I wouldn’t be in a position to train in portlaois for 4/5 weeks so will have to pass. Doesn’t look like flexi time availble either?

There is no flexi time in the Prison Service and office hours in most prisons are 8-8 so someone has to be there at all times during those hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bellemcnally

Is anyone else in batch 3 still waiting to hear,
    I’m batch 3 oom 245 and havnt heard anything yet ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

So, is it okay to turn down?

The email is a bit confusing but is clear that if you go to the orientation day, you can decide to say no and return to the general panel.

KOR101 wrote:
    The email is a bit confusing but is clear that if you go to the orientation day, you can decide to say no and return to the general panel.

Yes. You can go as far as the Orientation and still turn it down. 9% more in the salary so might appeal to some people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

I know a prison officer and he said they cant keep CO’s . I got the impression it was a horrible place to work.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nicolas96

Hi what is your oom? Thanks!

Nicolas96 wrote:
    Hi what is your oom? Thanks!

Batch 4. OOM 45

Over 20 weeks later and I finally got extra garda clearance back

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

Just a brief outline of the timeline of my application for this campaign.
    September 2017-Sent in application
    October 2017-Online test
    November 2017-Supervised test
    May 2018-Interview
    June 2018-Advised I passed interview
    August 2018-Initial assignment to An Garda and start of vetting
    November 2018-All vetting cleared
    December 2018-Assigned a location
    Jan 2019-Finally started
    My OOM was in the 1400's in batch 1 and moved up to 900's after supervised test.This thread was and is a great source of information for any candidate undertaking this process and I would just like to thank all those who contributed.

tigerwoods wrote: »
    Just a brief outline of the timeline of my application for this campaign.
    September 2017-Sent in application
    October 2017-Online test
    November 2017-Supervised test
    May 2018-Interview
    June 2018-Advised I passed interview
    August 2018-Initial assignment to An Garda and start of vetting
    November 2018-All vetting cleared
    December 2018-Assigned a location
    Jan 2019-Finally started
    My OOM was in the 1400's in batch 1 and moved up to 900's after supervised test.This thread was and is a great source of information for any candidate undertaking this process and I would just like to thank all those who contributed.

How are you finding the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

dub70 wrote: »
    How are you finding the job?

Only 2 days in but I have flexi and parking which is a big plus,I will post an update again in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

Gra11 wrote: »

I know a prison officer and he said they cant keep CO’s . I got the impression it was a horrible place to work.......

I also know a prison officer, there is a uniform for this role as it used to be the prison officers that did the role themselves .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

I’m definitely going to go to the orientation day for the prison service but I’m a bit nervous about turning it down and going back on the panel. Does anyone know do you go to the end of the list or next in line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Ertin

Are the positions with the prison service considered separate from the main panel & if not interested can just be ignored?

Advertisement