Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

babyboom wrote: »
    I got word yesterday that I'll be starting the 7th January in DFA in the passport office in Balbriggan. I heard that DFA are looking for 100 staff in total. Just waiting on contract from HR. I'm batch 2 oom 232 for reference for those trying to figure out where pas is at. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

That would have been my dream location, 20 minutes up the road from me. Best of luck!
    Lucky you.I am in the 960 OOM Batch 1 and live in the Balbriggan area and have just been assigned to the guards in the Phoenix pk.Worked as a TCO in Passport office in Balbriggan before and it is a great place to work.1 hour travelling for me in the mornings and evenings.No joined up thinking in the Civil service as regards posting locations.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beanudo

frezabelle wrote: »
    Has anybody in batch 4 heard anything since interview results?

Hi, im batch 4 number 68. I haven't done the interview yet? when did you do it?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doawheelie2020

Does anybody have an idea what number they are on in batch 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Does anybody have an idea what number they are on in batch 3?

The last I heard was around 85 on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

Hi i did my interview first week of November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 doawheelie2020

The last I heard was around 85 on Monday

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whatsit all about

Anyone know what kind of positions are being offered to batch 3? I was offered NSSO Clonskeagh today so I'm guessing thats PeoplePoint but would be a nightmare commute from the Midlands with traffic- I already commute but only to the edge of the city.

Wasnt sure what I would be offer if I declined and then I seen this thread. Phoenix Park would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

Anyone being assigned to the Office Of The Attorney General and if so any guidance on the dress code?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cmoy

Hi all,

I have just be assigned provisionally to revenue. Does anyone have any input on what the Job entails. Is this a very much a public facing role?. I would be concerned that my math skills wouldn't be of the best standard and this may affect my performance in such a role. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

Cmoy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have just be assigned provisionally to revenue. Does anyone have any input on what the Job entails. Is this a very much a public facing role?. I would be concerned that my math skills wouldn't be of the best standard and this may affect my performance in such a role. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Chris
    Congrats! I've heard there is quiet intense training in revenue. You'll be assigned a location to do 6 weeks training then be sent out to a revenue office to commence your position. Best of luck , it's been a long slog lol

• Advertisement

Hi , I got the call yesterday. I'm batch 3 110 I think . I'm heading to the Gardai so I have to do extra vetting . So it's going to be a bit longer . The end in my current job is one step closer thank God. My boss will be surprised when they get a call about my reference :-) . Thanks every one for keeping me informed on this page .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hcor

Hi all,

Regards,
    Chris

I was assigned to Revenue a few months back, and I’m loving it. The training varies, depending on which section you’re assigned to. I was worried about my math skills too, but the training is thorough. Best of luck! :)

hcor wrote: »
    I was assigned to Revenue a few months back, and I’m loving it. The training varies, depending on which section you’re assigned to. I was worried about my math skills too, but the training is thorough. Best of luck! :)

Thanks for your response. Great to hear that you are enjoying it. I'm really looking forward to getting started .

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

Thanks for your response. Great to hear that you are enjoying it. I'm really looking forward to getting started .

I've been assigned to Revenue too from February but I've been a temp there since the summer. Everyone is really friendly and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Riley08

Does anyone have any experience with Department of Health? What work it is, dress code etc... Any info would be helpful. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scamps

Hi all,

Regards,
    Chris

hi chris im in the same boat as you. interested to hear response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RedLucozade

Riley08 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with Department of Health? What work it is, dress code etc... Any info would be helpful. Thanks

As with anybody starting the job dress smart for the first day. It's better to be overdressed than under dressed. You'll see from the first day what everyone wears and just copy that.

Health is fine it's one of the busier departments since every thing they do is in the newspapers being criticized so you'll have your work cut out for ye but its a good department to be in if you like making a difference. You'll see work your doing help people day to day. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Kitkat1995

Missed a phonecall today from them and when i rang back they said i would get a call on monday, is there a number or an email that i could contact them on? would really like some good news today. Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi Scamps,

I have spoke with a few others and people are saying its a good place to work and not to be worried about your maths skills. It seems to be a very broad sector and could end up being assigned out to the airport or anything. I received my extra e vetting form to do but not heard much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 euphdub

got a call about two weeks ago with a placement in the Dpp has anybody else been placed here ,if so what's it like to work in any info would be greatly appreciated , my clearance went back to the dept a week ago I presume I'm going to be issued a contract soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Nicolas96

Kitkat1995 wrote: »
    Missed a phonecall today from them and when i rang back they said i would get a call on monday, is there a number or an email that i could contact them on? would really like some good news today. Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi what number and batch are you if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nicolas96

Anyone know what number they are at in batch 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scamps

Hi Scamps,

I have spoke with a few others and people are saying its a good place to work and not to be worried about your maths skills. It seems to be a very broad sector and could end up being assigned out to the airport or anything. I received my extra e vetting form to do but not heard much else.

Oh great thanks for that would like the airport if i was placed there! i received a link for the e vetting and told i was provisionally assigned but like yourself haven't heard anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Anyone on here have any experience working in the civil law reform department off Aungier St. Starting first thing new year, excited but curious.
    Thanks

Hi , How long has people's vetting being taking and is there any difference in the extra vetting you do for the Gardai ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Catalan69

Hi , How long has people's vetting being taking and is there any difference in the extra vetting you do for the Gardai ?
    Extra vetting takes around 3 months give or take

I've was called on Thursday and I'm batch 3 oom 125. I got the extra vetting form and the email I received said the vetting takes up to 3 weeks. Might not be as hard a vetting as going guards or DOJ

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Im waiting about 17weeks now. Don't think I will hear anything this side of xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

Has anyone received their contracts by post? How long before start date did you get it? I'm starting 14th of January and thought I'd have it by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

only girl wrote: »
    Has anyone received their contracts by post? How long before start date did you get it? I'm starting 14th of January and thought I'd have it by now.

Hi, they said they’ll go out next week. Where are you starting?

Advertisement