Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Ertin wrote: »
    Are the positions with the prison service considered separate from the main panel & if not interested can just be ignored?

No it can’t be ignored, you have to register your interest and go to the orientation. Then if you decide it’s not for you you can go back on the panel. If you ignore it you won’t be considered for any future posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ertin

The message is slightly confusing as it says that candidates not interested do not have to reply but doesn't say if that removes you from the general panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

Ertin wrote: »
    The message is slightly confusing as it says that candidates not interested do not have to reply but doesn't say if that removes you from the general panel.

Was just about to say the same, it is quite confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

dub70 wrote: »
    Over 20 weeks later and I finally got extra garda clearance back

I'm on week 16 now and getting fed up waiting. What was your oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

My understanding is you only respond if you are interested. It's only if you go through the process and are offered a position but decline that you come off the panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

rsl1976 wrote: »
    My understanding is you only respond if you are interested. It's only if you go through the process and are offered a position but decline that you come off the panel
    No. In this case, the email says because of the nature of the job, you can go to the orientation but then say no and return to the general panel.

KOR101 wrote:
    No. In this case, the email says because of the nature of the job, you can go to the orientation but then say no and return to the general panel.

Yes. You can ignore the email, or opt to go to orientation and then say no and remain on the panel. It's only if you go as far as been offered and declining that you come off the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Loveache wrote: »
    I'm on week 16 now and getting fed up waiting. What was your oom?

Early 600 batch 1

I called them today in regards to the prison service. Basically if you’re not interested don’t reply and they’ll reach your oom when it arises.

Not replying won’t remove you from the general panel

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

So I have my interview next week:

Just checking - The interview is based on the 4 competencies in the booklet. Do they look at the CV? should I prepare a summary of work history? Do they ask anything else?

Cheers in advance. I'm nervous to be honest any advice is very welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Catalan69

Dalio wrote: »
    So I have my interview next week:

Just checking - The interview is based on the 4 competencies in the booklet. Do they look at the CV? should I prepare a summary of work history? Do they ask anything else?

Cheers in advance. I'm nervous to be honest any advice is very welcome.
    They asked me about sending group emails and asked others about new data protection
    Interview lasted about 30 minutes and the 2 interviewees were fine ...put me right at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

For those who have already started..... On your payslip where it says current rate, should this say €465.32 for entry level? That’s the new rate that came into effect 1st January. Mine is lower and not sure why.......

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Gra11 wrote: »
    For those who have already started..... On your payslip where it says current rate, should this say €465.32 for entry level? That’s the new rate that came into effect 1st January. Mine is lower and not sure why.......

I’m finding conflicting information regarding the pay rate. One gov circular says one amount and another circular gives another rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Debbiek88

Hey, I am new to this. I have my interview tomorrow, was just wondering if anyone could please give me guidance on the type of questions asked? as in examples? Really nervous. TIA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Michelin

barrier86 wrote: »
    I’m finding conflicting information regarding the pay rate. One gov circular says one amount and another circular gives another rate.

Get used to this....re circulars 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Michelin

Am I reading this right? They are offering prison officer roles to those still on this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Gra11 wrote: »

You can get the CO payscale on the FORSA website . Starting salary is €23,572 so €451.74 per week. Th ere are different scales because some are PPC and non PPC and also a higher CO scale . The figures I have given are for a new entrant so that's what everyone should start on .

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johemian

I just got my message saying that I've passed the interview stage.
    Any idea what number they're on for offering positions?
    I'm batch 4 OOM: 138

I’m batch 3 haven’t heard anything other than the prison service offer.

Johemian wrote:
    I just got my message saying that I've passed the interview stage. Any idea what number they're on for offering positions? I'm batch 4 OOM: 138

I'm batch 4: OOM 45 and haven't been called for interview yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I'm batch 4: OOM 45 and haven't been called for interview yet

I’m batch 4 higher OOM than you and had my interview first week of November

frezabelle wrote:
    I’m batch 4 higher OOM than you and had my interview first week of November

All I have had is the email about the prison service. I wonder if location has anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone have any insight into the department of health, what they are like to work for and what the work us like

I called PAS today to find out how far into batch 3 they are, they are currently in the 240’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johemian

trudy2222 wrote: »
    I called PAS today to find out how far into batch 3 they are, they are currently in the 240’s.

Any idea what number that goes to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bowieol

I did an interview last week (after doing stage 2 in June), and got told I passed today. Didn't expect to be told so quickly.

Does anyone have an idea how long they will take to actually offer you a job? I assume it could be months.(Or never) I'm in batch 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beanudo

bowieol wrote: »
    I did an interview last week (after doing stage 2 in June), and got told I passed today. Didn't expect to be told so quickly.

Does anyone have an idea how long they will take to actually offer you a job? I assume it could be months.(Or never) I'm in batch 4

Same here, and yes, It could be never :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

Hi all,
    Just wondering how everyone that's in their new jobs are getting on?
    I'm a few weeks in now and settling nicely. I'm in a very busy department and although it's daunting I'm excited to learn all this new stuff!
    I'm finding the days long, especially between 3pm and 5ish.
    Everyone's been so nice to me so long may the good vibes last.
    Good luck to anyone waiting to be placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

I started about four months ago and it's fine. Only grumble is the low pay for all the process of getting the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Also started a couple of weeks ago. I'm liking it. Not the most mentally stimulating and some days are quiet and therefore long. But everyone has been really sound and helpful. There's a social club whereby you can pay about euro a week from your wages. It's having a table quiz in D2 in March with teams from across the CS. Sounds like good craic. And they put on a Summer and Xmas party as well.

Advertisement