Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ciao Belle

Leela82 wrote: »
    Nope, Still haven’t been told where I’m going!!

its good they are tryna get somewhere that suits you though..

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    its good they are tryna get somewhere that suits you though..

True. Just dying to know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scamps

hi any one here working for revenue. my maths is very weak so i was wondering if it would be too difficult for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Riley08

I've been assigned Dept of Health. Any one work there know what it's like? Is there anyone else who got that. Start 8th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

Riley08 wrote: »
    I've been assigned Dept of Health. Any one work there know what it's like? Is there anyone else who got that. Start 8th Jan

Best of luck. Can I ask how quick was your vetting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Riley08

Best of luck. Can I ask how quick was your vetting?

Took less than 2 weeks from date I sent it to getting a reply that it was sent back to pas. Then 2 days I was told my department and within a week I had my start date

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

What sort of questions do they ask in the interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dothejoy

Happy to say I finally got assigned and received my start date! Gonna be working for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and am starting on 7 January! :cool:

Oh and my OOM was Batch 2, place 90. I wasn't really expecting to start before February, but there you go. :)

Anyone know anything about the DFA? How is it there? Are the people OK? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

Paddy93 wrote: »
    What sort of questions do they ask in the interview ?
    If you go back through the thread there are lots of details on the interview. Print off the information pas has sent you too they outline exactly what they expect from you. Also Google competency based interview techniques.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Got an e-mail couple of days ago to coplete vetting. Have done it already 2 months ago. Anyone else had to do it twice?

• Advertisement

Can anyone advise me on holiday entitlement? I'm due to start my new role on 14th of January, if I give 2 weeks notice tomorrow that'll leave me almost 4 weeks before I start. Will I get paid from my current job over the Christmas period? We save 4 days leave to cover Christmas holidays.
    How are you all handling this?

busymammy wrote: »
    Got an e-mail couple of days ago to coplete vetting. Have done it already 2 months ago. Anyone else had to do it twice?
    I would imagine the second vetting is the more thorough vetting. If you are going to be with the guards or DOJ

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

only girl wrote: »
    I would imagine the second vetting is the more thorough vetting. If you are going to be with the guards or DOJ

I've had two. Going to the guards. One from them, one two months later from PAS. Hoping to hear a date very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Did anybody from Batch 3 hear anything yet . I seen they were at 360 at the end of last week in batch 2 and was told only 400 .

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Did anybody from Batch 3 hear anything yet . I seen they were at 360 at the end of last week in batch 2 and was told only 400 .

In batch 3 just got offered Peoplepoint in Clonskeagh. Can anyone advise on the culture of the organization?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BB2018

In batch 3 just got offered Peoplepoint in Clonskeagh. Can anyone advise on the culture of the organization?

I also got Peoplepoint I Clonskeagh , Batch 3 OOM 40 . Does anyone have experience working in Peoplepoint who can say what is like? Living on North Side so not an ideal location for me.

BB2018 wrote: »
    I also got Peoplepoint I Clonskeagh , Batch 3 OOM 40 . Does anyone have experience working in Peoplepoint who can say what is like? Living on North Side so not an ideal location for me.

Is it possible to turn people point down? and wait for another department

BB2018 wrote: »

Yes, you can turn down people point and stay on the panel. People seem to have been placed fairly quickly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Yes. It states clearly in the email received today that one can refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Does anyone know what Phoenix park traffic is like at rush hour? Just wondering about getting g to Garda hq from m50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Leela82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Phoenix park traffic is like at rush hour? Just wondering about getting g to Garda hq from m50
    Use Google Maps directions. It will give you a good idea for various times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 combustible

hello! just got a call/email to say that they've reached my position on the panel (batch 3 oom 45).
    would anyone mind telling me what i'd need to supply in order to prove my college attendance? i'm assuming emails from lecturers won't work lol
    thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone still waiting!

hello! just got a call/email to say that they've reached my position on the panel (batch 3 oom 45).
    would anyone mind telling me what i'd need to supply in order to prove my college attendance? i'm assuming emails from lecturers won't work lol

Hi , I can't help you with the college question but did they say you were for people point or another department please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 combustible

Hi , I can't help you with the college question but did they say you were for people point or another department please.

Unfortunately I missed the phone call, and they didn't indicate peoplepoint or any department :| i didn't ask/tick the box for peoplepoint when i made my application, however. i made sure not to because my mother worked there a few years ago and hated it (mostly due to the travel and how everything was organised/structured, seemed very frustrating at the time, at least).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice in relation to references. I have listed my current employer and 2 other past employers. Long story short one of my references has left the company and while the company will confirm my position there and details of my roll etc. they cannot give me a character reference for obvious reasons.

I'm wondering how in depth is the reference check is? I have two other references including my current employer that are fine to use but will it be enough just to have the third reference confirm my employment etc.?

Sorry if that didn't make sense I'm just so nervous after coming this far I don't want to be let down by this.

tia

trudy2222 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice in relation to references. I have listed my current employer and 2 other past employers. Long story short one of my references has left the company and while the company will confirm my position there and details of my roll etc. they cannot give me a character reference for obvious reasons.

I'm wondering how in depth is the reference check is? I have two other references including my current employer that are fine to use but will it be enough just to have the third reference confirm my employment etc.?

Sorry if that didn't make sense I'm just so nervous after coming this far I don't want to be let down by this.

tia
    Only your current employer is contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

only girl wrote: »
    Only your current employer is contacted.

That's not necessarily true. They have contacted my previous employer for a reference and told me they will also have to contact my current employer

• Registered Users Posts: 7 V_moore

Does anybody know how long it takes after they contact your referees to find out your start date and location?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jobseeker2018

V_moore wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long it takes after they contact your referees to find out your start date and location?

About 2 weeks. I had a call 2 weeks ago and then call back for extra info yesterday. It was mentioned that DFA are looking for 100 staff to start in the new year. So anyone who lives near the passport office in Balbriggan could be placed there.

Fingers crossed you aren't waiting too long to hear back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 HiberniaLG

I mean, can you not just send them transcripts, or any other letters you got from your college?

Advertisement