Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

hello! just got a call/email to say that they've reached my position on the panel (batch 3 oom 45).
    would anyone mind telling me what i'd need to supply in order to prove my college attendance? i'm assuming emails from lecturers won't work lol
    thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Are they looking for your certificate from when you completed the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Can anybody advise? I was asked to submit a medical form to clearance which I did 3 weeks ago. I contacted the medical office and they had replied to public jobs about 2 weeks ago. I emailed public jobs and have had no response, am anxious now that I will no longer be considered for a position because they had been previously quite prompt at communicating with me. I don't have any medical condition but I had missed time off above the pro rata sick leave

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jobseeker2018

abbeybella wrote: »
    Can anybody advise? I was asked to submit a medical form to clearance which I did 3 weeks ago. I contacted the medical office and they had replied to public jobs about 2 weeks ago. I emailed public jobs and have had no response, am anxious now that I will no longer be considered for a position because they had been previously quite prompt at communicating with me. I don't have any medical condition but I had missed time off above the pro rata sick leave

Why don't you call them?? 01 858 7541 ask to be out thru to the clearance unit

Thanks, I will

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Loveache wrote: »
    I've had two. Going to the guards. One from them, one two months later from PAS. Hoping to hear a date very soon.

Has your extra clearance come back yet?

• Advertisement

I’m batch 5 and mid 80s. Phoned PAS and they said it’ll probably be February before the interviews come round.
    My question is, if anyone here might know, I have 9 yrs previous working experience with the civil service. This position ended 6 yrs ago.
    Should I be successful in getting a job, will my previous pay grade be taken into account or will I begin from the bottom. Many thanks

I’m batch 5 and mid 80s. Phoned PAS and they said it’ll probably be February before the interviews come round.
    My question is, if anyone here might know, I have 9 yrs previous working experience with the civil service. This position ended 6 yrs ago.
    Should I be successful in getting a job, will my previous pay grade be taken into account or will I begin from the bottom. Many thanks

As far as I know all previous service and increments are taking into consideration just need to let the HR Dept know of the Dept that you are lucky to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

dub70 wrote: »
    Has your extra clearance come back yet?

Three weeks ago it said complete. But I haven't heard a peep since. Has anyone actually started with the guards yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Three weeks ago it said complete. But I haven't heard a peep since. Has anyone actually started with the guards yet?

Sure they called me a month ago to say there was a position in store street, they asked would that suit me and I said somewhere where I could drive to would suit better as school drops etc. They said we’ll try move you to santry and get back to you. Haven’t heard anything since!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

I didn't know you could pick where you wanted. A lady on here had to give up her position because she couldn't manage the journey and had small children.

• Advertisement

only girl wrote: »
    I didn't know you could pick where you wanted. A lady on here had to give up her position because she couldn't manage the journey and had small children.

Yeah I didn’t think so either. But the lady who rang asked if it suited me and I asked were there any positions in north county Dublin. She asked me where would suit and I told her. She said to leave it with her. I was actually really surprised.that being said, they might not be able to change it. I still haven’t heard.

Leela82 wrote: »

Yeah I didn’t think so either. But the lady who rang asked if it suited me and I asked were there any positions in north county Dublin. She asked me where would suit and I told her. She said to leave it with her. I was actually really surprised.that being said, they might not be able to change it. I still haven’t heard.

Probably depends on the department I'd imagine. Great for you if you get something near you it's the dream! I'm only 5k from home. Will have to bus it into city but looking at it as a new adventure!! Best of luck

Probably depends on the department I'd imagine. Great for you if you get something near you it's the dream! I'm only 5k from home. Will have to bus it into city but looking at it as a new adventure!! Best of luck

Thanks a lot, you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

I had to give up my position because the location didn't suit me. I wish I'd been given the option of somewhere closer. It took huge effort to even apply for the job as I had been at home for 16 years. They really should have some mechanism whereby location is taken into consideration when offering positions. Hope you get somewhere suitable offered to you.

babyboom wrote: »
    I had to give up my position because the location didn't suit me. I wish I'd been given the option of somewhere closer. It took huge effort to even apply for the job as I had been at home for 16 years. They really should have some mechanism whereby location is taken into consideration when offering positions. Hope you get somewhere suitable offered to you.

That’s awful. When you told them you felt you had to leave due to location did they not even try to accommodate you? That’s really bad. And yes they should try and place people close to where they live where possible

That’s awful. When you told them you felt you had to leave due to location did they not even try to accommodate you? That’s really bad. And yes they should try and place people close to where they live where possible

No, I think they were annoyed with me but I knew straight away the travelling wasn't going to work out for me so there was no point staying. They also paid me in error and I'm a month waiting for them to take the money back from my account. Christmas is a dangerous time to have extra money in the bank that doesn't belong to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

I am in the same boat as yourself and have not heard anything.Spoke to a lady today in H/R in An Garda who advised that contracts will be going out next week with start dates of the 7th & 14th of Jan in Store St and Phoenix Park and seemingly there is a high number of candidates to be processed.I am a bit reluctant to hand in my notice until I receive my formal contract though.

Has anyone started in store street yet and if so how are you finding it?

Starting jan 14th eeek

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

Has anybody in batch 4 heard anything since interview results?

• Advertisement

Starting jan 14th eeek
    Have you received your contract and do you know if flexi is available,I am also due to start on the 14th as well.

tigerwoods wrote: »
    Have you received your contract and do you know if flexi is available,I am also due to start on the 14th as well.

No she rang me today and said contracts to be sent this week or next by email. Are you starting in store street too?

No.Phoenix park.

Hi I had heard nothing since submitting my Garda vetting and medical form to clearance so I contacted them and was advised that my application is being reviewed by a manager, has anybody received a similar message?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cbarr13

Hi all, just wondering has anyone else been assigned to the Department of Housing, Planning, and Local Government in Custom House? If so, what is it like to work there? Thanks in advance!

Being a very curious person (nosey) what's your age bracket? I'm 41

Being a very curious person (nosey) what's your age bracket? I'm 41

36:)

I got word yesterday that I'll be starting the 7th January in DFA in the passport office in Balbriggan. I heard that DFA are looking for 100 staff in total. Just waiting on contract from HR. I'm batch 2 oom 232 for reference for those trying to figure out where pas is at. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

I've been assigned there as well Number 14 Batch 2 . Worked as a TCO for 11 months and loved it. Staff are nice, location is convenient, people from social protection come over just to eat in the canteen, they also brought extended flexi time so you cant start earlier or finish later by half hour. That being said the building is quite old so you may feel cold somedays depending how your heating is and the Customs has been protested twice by the right to housing movement. After they occupied the front lobby they brought in new security measures so it's not a big deal.

• Advertisement

I got word yesterday that I'll be starting the 7th January in DFA in the passport office in Balbriggan. I heard that DFA are looking for 100 staff in total. Just waiting on contract from HR. I'm batch 2 oom 232 for reference for those trying to figure out where pas is at. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

That would have been my dream location, 20 minutes up the road from me. Best of luck!

Advertisement