Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

EllG wrote: »
    Im starting on monday. So nervous :(

Ohh good luck!! I’m the following Monday and so nervous too! Where are u starting? I’m store street. Would love to know how people are finding it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

Leela82 wrote: »
    Ohh good luck!! I’m the following Monday and so nervous too! Where are u starting? I’m store street. Would love to know how people are finding it

Dublin castle but theres talk of capel street so ive no idea whats going on :( oh best of luck yes dying to see how people are finding it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Best of luck, you’ll do great. It’s been a long oul process. Starting Monday as well myself in Justice albeit in a different division. More excited than anything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wenji71

Hi is anyone in the same boat still waiting on clearance, was contacted in October and told department I am provisionally going to ( department of Health ) then sent off garda vetting and medical. When I contacted PAS was just advised application being reviewed by manager, have still heard nothing

Best of luck, you’ll do great. It’s been a long oul process. Starting Monday as well myself in Justice albeit in a different division. More excited than anything else :)

Best of luck to you too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭sully123

Wow, it seems like people have been waiting for a start date long after their number has come up.

I am batch 3 late 100s.
    Still waiting to hear.
    Thing is i really want to get way on an extended holiday while i still have the freedom.
    I'm sure they are almost at my number.
    Wouldn't want to miss an offer on account of being away, or have to return early at extra cost either.

sully123 wrote: »
    Wow, it seems like people have been waiting for a start date long after their number has come up.

I am batch 3 late 100s.
    Still waiting to hear.
    Thing is i really want to get way on an extended holiday while i still have the freedom.
    I'm sure they are almost at my number.
    Wouldn't want to miss an offer on account of being away, or have to return early at extra cost either.

I actually rang them when i was going on holidays and they took note of it. I was a good month after hearing they reached my number before getting a start date and location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭sully123

I actually rang them when i was going on holidays and they took note of it. I was a good month after hearing they reached my number before getting a start date and location

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

I’m starting in the dept of justice on Montague Street , tomorrow . I’m so excited 😂😂. Is anyone else ? 🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jobseeker2018

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    I’m starting in the dept of justice on Montague Street , tomorrow . I’m so excited 😂😂. Is anyone else ? 🥰

I'm starting in the morning in DFA in the Passport Office - good luck to all starting 🖒🖒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 p0rk_s0da

dub70 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you. Have emailed garda hr and they just reply with "we will be in contact when you are cleared"

I emailed garda hr asking them if they could complete the special clearance soon and that it would be greatly appreciated as it has now been 19 weeks since I submitted it. I am definitely stressed out now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cmoy

Anyone starting in revenue in february get their exact start date yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Hi , Does anyone know how long after disclosure viewed on extra vetting they were contacted by Pas with a start date please .

Hi! How did you get on?

Hi! How did you get on?

Not too bad only a short day getting shown around etc everyone seemed lovely how did you find it?

Not too bad only a short day getting shown around etc everyone seemed lovely how did you find it?

Ah that’s good. Did they let u go early?
    I’m starting next Monday! What are your hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

Nevermind.

Ah that’s good. Did they let u go early?
    I’m starting next Monday! What are your hours?

No flexi time unfortunately so looks like 9-5:30. Let me know how you get on next monday!!! Best of luck

No flexi time unfortunately so looks like 9-5:30. Let me know how you get on next monday!!! Best of luck

Oh no! I was hoping to do 8-4. Oh well! Thanks a mil, will do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

I was in the 90s on Batch 2, got an offer for AGS and then my evetting shortly after. When i track it online it says Disclosure viewed anyone know how long more il be waiting to hear. Its been around 9 weeks now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

Anyone know if file is with manager that means the next stage is you will be assigned? Or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

p0rk_s0da wrote: »
    I emailed garda hr asking them if they could complete the special clearance soon and that it would be greatly appreciated as it has now been 19 weeks since I submitted it. I am definitely stressed out now lol.

It's a joke now at this stage. Garda hr don't even reply to emails

Are you still waiting??? That’s crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Are you still waiting??? That’s crazy

Yep still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Get Real

Hence why they're hiring more Clerical Officers. You're applying for a job and criticising those working in the job you've applied for.

And I agree with you btw, I just mean it in the sense that you'll be on the other end in x amount of time which may give an insight into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

Hi all I wonder if you can clear something up for me I am on this panel (interview next few weeks) but I am also on the panel for Louth in the 2018 campaign my OOM is in the early 30’s for Louth and for this panel I’m batch 4 early 100’s. if by chance I’m offer a position in Dublin before a position in Louth can I still stay on the Louth panel and when they reach my number accept a job in Louth or if your offered a job on the Dublin panel and accept do you have to give up all places on different panels

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Catalan69

abellew wrote: »
    Hi all I wonder if you can clear something up for me I am on this panel (interview next few weeks) but I am also on the panel for Louth in the 2018 campaign my OOM is in the early 30’s for Louth and for this panel I’m batch 4 early 100’s. if by chance I’m offer a position in Dublin before a position in Louth can I still stay on the Louth panel and when they reach my number accept a job in Louth or if your offered a job on the Dublin panel and accept do you have to give up all places on different panels
    They're separate competition s so you can accept the Dublin post and it won't affect Louth then resign or transfer if offered louth

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RedLucozade

Does anyone know what OOM their on now ?

I seen someone around the early 100s but that was 2 weeks ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Yep still waiting

Sorry to hear you're waiting so long Can I ask if you don't mind, did your extra vetting come back disclosure viewed at all or did it disappear before that stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

Yep still waiting

me too!

19 weeks and counting

Advertisement