Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options
1929394959698»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

Anybody hear anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything??

What's happening with yours. Did they contact your references?

rsl1976 wrote: »
    What's happening with yours. Did they contact your references?

No idea, yeah weeks ago but still quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KDBkev123

Heard nothing, references contacted weeks ago as well. Looks like the whole process will take a full year considering we applied for AGS specifically in February when they made an expression of interest. Stuck in retail for Christmas....

Bit crap when they have already contacted references to then not follow up with the job offer. I was sent the details of where i was going within a few days of them contacting mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 macokako

nothing !!!

And now it’s December, so not this year then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

Anything new

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lena1602

Finally got some news everyone😄
    Just received a call from HR earlier and got a location assigned (National Bureau of Criminal Investigation). :)

Start will be in January. So I'm sure you'll hear something soon enough as well. :)

That's great news just before Xmas.

Sounds like it might be an interesting department.

Congratulations!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

Anyone hear anything new

dodi1973 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything new

I did, I actually did end up getting called in the end, so thanks everyone for all the info and advice over the last few months.

That's brilliant, congratulations. Do you know where you are going?

I actually emailed them earlier to see what the story was. I then got a call in the evening which I missed, and 10 minutes later I got an email saying they’re still awaiting vacancies, but why call me if it wasnt for an offer? So now I’m confused if I should call them back or not due to the email saying nothing really...

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    I did, I actually did end up getting called in the end, so thanks everyone for all the info and advice over the last few months.

Where and when mate? About time especially all the hardship you had to go through in this process! Delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Definitely call them back, that email was probably generic!

mac1ntosh wrote: »
    Definitely call them back, that email was probably generic!

Thought that too! Suppose I should ring back and just enquire again it won’t do any harm. Just weird how they rang only when I emailed them this morning.

rsl1976 wrote: »
    That's brilliant, congratulations. Do you know where you are going?

Thank you, I do, I’m actually already there, I just haven’t been on this thread since.

KDBkev123 wrote: »
    Thought that too! Suppose I should ring back and just enquire again it won’t do any harm. Just weird how they rang only when I emailed them this morning.

Put it this way, they wouldn’t bother ringing you to tell you something that they could just send in an email to fob you off so if I was you I’d be calling that number back in the morning.

I called back, they said expect to wait another month so that’s 2 months in my mind so I’m mentally prepared for a start in April now! ��

• Advertisement

Anyone else get that email about shift work patterns in AGS?

I’m hoping that some of you got called in the end??

I rang them last week in regards to the expression of interest for shift work patterns and he explained the whole process in general...basically there are little to no vacancies at the minute so people are only being appointed when a vacancy arises, due to retirement, promotion to EO, transfer etc that’s why it’s so slow. He said last year they had an easy time filling vacancies because there were so many but now it’s very slow moving...

Advertisement