Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Just found out that this is on Mac now, and it even runs decently on my ancient battleship.

Any tips on how to get decent?

There are a few good resources about, lots of vids on youtube:
    e.g.:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/unswlolsoc?feature=watch

As well as replays and loads of commentators.

Other sites give written champion guides, which are useful for getting an overview of a champion you want to play. E.g.:
    http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/browse
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php

Guides are always rough and situational but generally good to follow for the first couple of games with a champ until you start getting a feel for them.

Watching the streams of better players/tournaments helps too.

I personally like playing vs bots for my first games with a new champion (or if I haven't played for a while, which unfortunately happens to me regularly.) to get a feel for a champions abilities/practise basic mechanics but playing vs bots is very different to playing vs people, and you'll learn more playing vs people, so as soon as you feel comfortable dive in!
    And ignore the haters, despite their delusions they're probably not much better than you (Smurfs who rage tend to be smurfing because their main is either banned or low bronze).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

www.lolpro.com and lolking.net have guides aswell. Stay away from mobafire..

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

n1ck wrote: »
    www.lolpro.com and lolking.net have guides aswell. Stay away from mobafire..

I've been using Mobafire since I started playing, what exactly is wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I've been using Mobafire since I started playing, what exactly is wrong with it?

There is nothing wrong with it, the guides are created by the public like almost every other site. Some people are just fanboys to certain sites. I use them all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why do LCS not use lan servers for tournaments. EU servers having trouble today again. EG VS CW deciding game 3 and after loads of lag issues and pauses the game will have to be restarted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

LETS TALK ABOUT ABYSMAL SCEPTER

I think I'm doing it right but just not sure so..
    I build this item when I am playing an AOE damage ap such as morgana, cassiopiea, amumu, fiddle, lux. I also build it when I feel overwhelmed by enemy mid and I want to stack magic resist early, or if I get counter picked in my mid lane and I need some survivability.

So regardless if I'm right or wrong.. just give some quick short answers to the following but please if you don't know what you are talking about, don't answer ( No offence )

When do you build it ?
    Why do you build it?
    Who do you build it on ?
    Who don't you build it on?

I don't play mid at all really but Abyssal scepter is useless on Lux, all her abilities are long range so you're not in range for it to be of any use. Void staff is better in nearly every aspect, it'd only be good on the likes of Morg and then tanky junglers and tops in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Abysmal aura is offensive, not defensive. Basically Fidd passive... Great item on Fidd tbf.

That final was unbelievable.

Well done to Fnatic !

Game 4 was mental and in game 5 xPeke getting almost 500 cs,,, INSANE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just missed it :<

Congrats to Fnatic.

EDIT: OMFG NA Finals now. Work's gonna suck tomorrow :X

EDIT2: That ending was kinda awkward!

Anyone playing the new ARAM mode?

I'm enjoying it a lot, although I suck with most of my champion pool I'm enjoying just playing champions I wouldn't normally use.

Sycopat wrote: »
    Anyone playing the new ARAM mode?

I'm enjoying it a lot, although I suck with most of my champion pool I'm enjoying just playing champions I wouldn't normally use.

Haven't played the ARAM queue yet but played about 10 ARAMs last night with some mates. The new map is excellent, looks brilliant and all the easter eggs are such a great touch.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Haven't played the ARAM queue yet but played about 10 ARAMs last night with some mates. The new map is excellent, looks brilliant and all the easter eggs are such a great touch.

Nice! I am an absolute sucker for games with lots of lore, so it's nice to see riot putting so much effort into it.

Also, I was wondering wtf a 'poro' was after getting poro snacks in one of my games(think it came with the biscuit).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

New ARAM map is randomly laggy as balls. Never had the issue on PBE so i dunno what happened to it. Not even really lagging though which is strange. Its like random FPS lag without any drop in FPS.

Anyone up for ARAM games tonight? From about 8 onwards.

IGN: Korvanica

I'll probably be on later, depends on what time I get out of the lab, but I'd be up for ARAMs if I am.

IGN is syc0pat

I've said it before and I'll say it again EU LCS setup is a joke
    Summer promotation game today postponed for well over an hour maybe 2 and now is not going ahead until tomorrow.
    How can they even think of running this on an internet server.
    Just run a lan server like the NA LCS.

tuxy wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again EU LCS setup is a joke
    Summer promotation game today postponed for well over an hour maybe 2 and now is not going ahead until tomorrow.
    How can they even think of running this on an internet server.
    Just run a lan server like the NA LCS.

I posted about it on the lol fb page and apparently eu LCS is run by esl, or at least the hosting is and they're notorious for bad events.

I posted about it on the lol fb page and apparently eu LCS is run by esl, or at least the hosting is and they're notorious for bad events.

But that's still riots decision isn't it? There should be no need for ESL if they ran the same lan setup as NA.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    But that's still riots decision isn't it? There should be no need for ESL if they ran the same lan setup as NA.

Yea i said that aswell if it's Riot hiring the contractor to run the thing they should be checking to ensure that they are able to suitable host it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Hence why they're hiring QA events people :D

Looks like the match is postponed again today.

Some shake up of the eu lcs today!

Sycopat wrote: »
    Some shake up of the eu lcs today!

Mental stuff, some excellent games too. I'm looking forward to the next season, hopefully these new teams will shake up the LCS a bit.

I would have liked to see Samurais in Jeans get through but not at the expense of CW.

I would have liked to see Samurais in Jeans get through but not at the expense of CW.

They seem to be fan favourites, but honestly I know nothing about them, and whoever got CW was going to have a rough time considering they won more than twice the matches dragonborns did.
    Korvanica wrote: »
    Mental stuff, some excellent games too. I'm looking forward to the next season, hopefully these new teams will shake up the LCS a bit.

I'd mostly like to see the gap close a bit between top and bottom, not sure if I expect the top 5 to really change much, but I guess we'll have to see.

I haven't really been following the NA side of things so the next few weekends are going to be mostly new faces for me.

It looks like they're less likely to have as big a shake up though, due to Dignitas and CLG finishing in the top half of the table, but if either of those teams goes out it could be huge.

Looking at the stats though the americans seem 'tighter' then the european teams in terms of gold and kda, so i guess anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Is Samurais in Jeans a play on Ninjas in Pyjamas?

Kold wrote: »
    Is Samurais in Jeans a play on Ninjas in Pyjamas?

Yeah they said its in honour of them.

• Advertisement

I just went to play a ranked game. I crashed on the loading screen after champ select and when I restarted I needed an update. Looks like I will be starting this game 10 mins late. Is it normal for the game to let me get that far on an out of date client? :(

Advertisement