Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

My team were 8-0 up when i got back and the other team ended up surrendering on 20. So no harm done in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 _anddddddddy

Hey guys looking for players to play with get more into the game i have been playing for just over a month i normally play ADC i am just getting use to the game so if i could jump in some games with people add me xScarz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

There's an "Irishlol" room.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

RopeDrink wrote: »
    "Boards.ie"
    Kold wrote: »
    There's an "Irishlol" room.

I honestly wasn't aware of either of these -.-

Although honestly my main issue is lack of time to play much. I only get ~1hr per day, so I don't tend to be as sociable as I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Amaratsu is a f*ggot though :DDDDDDD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Irish lol is where every is.

But yid swear there be not a sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 No.1 Ned!

What was the reason for only allowing 5 health/mana pots at one time?

9 nine pot Vlad was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No.1 Ned! wrote: »

Promoted passive play for champs that never had to back until they had a massive item. Kinda op on non mana users too.

Increase on red elixir hurts too but again it was kinda op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So Dig and CLG got through again anyway, as expected.

CLG were unreal, out for blood. Played brilliantly and I hope they play like that next season! If they do TSM will have issues holding onto the top spot.

Aphromoos Blitz in Game 2 was unreal. That blind grab at the start into tri bush was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I know you edited your post but was that the steal when he was jungling Shen? The casters were getting irritating at times talking about other things and they made quite a few mistakes but I guess that is to be expected with the amount of games they had to shoutcast.

• Advertisement

n1ck wrote: »
    I know you edited your post but was that the steal when he was jungling Shen? The casters were getting irritating at times talking about other things and they made quite a few mistakes but I guess that is to be expected with the amount of games they had to shoutcast.

Aye, I edited it because I couldn't remember who he was playing at the time, I thought it was nocturne. They were on red side, 2 of TS were doing Blue and he wandered in, threw a ward over the wall and smote it away. They didnt see him at all.

I think it was in game 4

EDIT: FOUND IT.... One of the most casual steals ive ever seen. So good.

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/402689752?t=4h28m

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Korvanica wrote: »
    So Dig and CLG got through again anyway, as expected.

CLG were unreal, out for blood. Played brilliantly and I hope they play like that next season! If they do TSM will have issues holding onto the top spot.

Aphromoos Blitz in Game 2 was unreal. That blind grab at the start into tri bush was excellent.

If CLG didn't get through that promotion series they might aswell have disbanded, the same with Dig.

I'm sure they did play well. At this point, if a team falls from the LCS they are getting disbanded or being removed from organisations. There is no amateur scene, the LCS is everything, literally no point having a team.

CLG and Dignitas had to go through that series for a reason, they played poorly over the course of the LCS.

I doubt very much either of these two will come near challenging at the top unless they do some serious practice and work on their flaws.

Been reading alot of CLG love on reddit etc, sorry but people are not realising they were there because they played dirt all season, and stomping essentially challenger teams, isn't a massive thing to shout home about.

I'd be interested to see how they go through the second part of the season.

CLG didn't play well at all in the LCS but you really need to watch these games to see what they did. I'm not really a CLG fan, I just like Doublelift and Aphromoo but they all played really really well and they were all exceptionally good. Only problem I had with them was Hotshot when he got caught numerous times when playing Diana top.

CLG had also said before hand that they were likely to disband had they of lost.

TheDoc wrote: »
    If CLG didn't get through that promotion series they might aswell have disbanded, the same with Dig.

I'm sure they did play well. At this point, if a team falls from the LCS they are getting disbanded or being removed from organisations. There is no amateur scene, the LCS is everything, literally no point having a team.

CLG and Dignitas had to go through that series for a reason, they played poorly over the course of the LCS.

I doubt very much either of these two will come near challenging at the top unless they do some serious practice and work on their flaws.

Been reading alot of CLG love on reddit etc, sorry but people are not realising they were there because they played dirt all season, and stomping essentially challenger teams, isn't a massive thing to shout home about.

I'd be interested to see how they go through the second part of the season.

Dig went 17-11 over the season and finished in 3rd place, which isn't bad. CLG underperformed all season. Both had pretty bad games in the playoffs. I wouldn't call them dirt considering they were 3rd & 4th place.

Its ridiculous that a 3rd place team can possibly be knocked out, but then again it adds to the excitement. Its stupid the the LCS is the only thing and that the amateur scene has died a bit because of it. There really needs to be another division so teams don't get disbanded instantly when the are knocked out of LCS. Without another division, the same teams will always be in the LCS, with a few challenger teams arriving and getting knocked out in the same split. (may not always happen though)

n1ck wrote: »
    CLG didn't play well at all in the LCS but you really need to watch these games to see what they did. I'm not really a CLG fan, I just like Doublelift and Aphromoo but they all played really really well and they were all exceptionally good. Only problem I had with them was Hotshot when he got caught numerous times when playing Diana top.

CLG had also said before hand that they were likely to disband had they of lost.

2 of the rimes Hotshot got "caught out", the rest of dig took towers and/or dragon.

Hotshot was constantly split pushing and going deep like that because it was distracting the Asure Cats and he only died 3 times as Diana, he had no deaths in any of the other games.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Dig went 17-11 over the season and finished in 3rd place, which isn't bad. CLG underperformed all season. Both had pretty bad games in the playoffs. I wouldn't call them dirt considering they were 3rd & 4th place.

Its ridiculous that a 3rd place team can possibly be knocked out, but then again it adds to the excitement. Its stupid the the LCS is the only thing and that the amateur scene has died a bit because of it. There really needs to be another division so teams don't get disbanded instantly when the are knocked out of LCS. Without another division, the same teams will always be in the LCS, with a few challenger teams arriving and getting knocked out in the same split. (may not always happen though)

Been discussed alot on the talk shows and stuff. I would imagine that something will be formed for next season. While its great to have the high level pro stuff, and LCS has been a revelation this year, there still needs to be a platform for people to progress.

I think they went about it in the right way, in that they didn't setup a massive structure from day one. Hopefully we will see formation of other leagues and divisions within the LCS as it moves on season to season, with the chance of relegation and promotion etc.

Expanding to include more teams and matches will only continue to capture the viewers and the spectacle itself.

Also, how the **** did a 3rd and 4th place team end up in relegation.

How the **** do Americans run leagues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

TheDoc wrote: »

Also, how the **** did a 3rd and 4th place team end up in relegation.

How the **** do Americans run leagues?

Do the NA and EU LCS run a different format for qualification ?

tuxy wrote: »

Probably the same, if truth be told I'm more interested in just watching the games rather then following closely how the format works exactly, like for example I couldn't make head or tale of the "split".

Assume they are run both the same

I'm assuming the split is essentially just to break up the season and have some sort of event, i.e. the finals and promotion series in order to break up the season so it doesn't go stale.

tuxy wrote: »

Not as far as I know, CLG and Dig just lost their quarter finals.

Only thing the split really determines is seeding for the championship.

Top 2 : semis, qualify for next season.

3-6: quarter finals, losers play a relegation match, winners qualify for next season.

7-8: Not eligible for championship, straight relegation.
    match vs upcoming teams.

So any of the bottom six teams could potentially fall out of the LCS

It's kind of silly as it takes away a bit from the importance of the league. If they had more divisions they could emphasise the leagues more by having relegation/promotion brackets like soccer, and separate the championships into cup-like tournaments.

That might be a bit expensive atm though.

They might also be better off promoting more grass routes/amateur stuff though, so the scene grows less dependant on riot funding everything.

The issue with having other divisions is that a lot of the teams i'm sure are unable to dedicate the time to it without having to basically give up their current lives to play in a team house and any other divisions couldn't offer prize money really if there are currently teams doing better but getting no monetary gain from it if they are mid table, otherwise teams would just win div 1, drop down next split and win div 1 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Really want to try out Zed or Diana but they haven't even been on sale for ages! Grrrr.

Really want to try out Zed or Diana but they haven't even been on sale for ages! Grrrr.

Guaranteed if you buy them full price they will go on sale next week haha :D

In fairness I used to always wait on the sales for a champ, but if there is one I really want I just go buy it at this stage. I'm past the stage of even fathoming LoL as a short term game, I'm in for the long haul so don't mid putting a few euro into it every week.

If you think about it, you can get them both for roughly the price of a pint or two ;)

No.1 Ned! wrote: »

Top lanes were turning into a boring mind numbing sustain lane where neither player would push, engage or do anything risky because of the sustain each player had.

Reducing pot numbers now means there is more reward for taking the risk of engaging and top lane is a little more volatile now then before.

Previously it was tanks just farming MASSIVELY and when it came to mid team fights, they were the pivots, not the APs or ADCs

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Anyone else getting ultra douche bags on their teams lately?:confused: about 80% of the games if been joining has 1 or 2 players telling everyone else who they can play with. so one will call mid and state he is adc , if anyone else choices an adc champion , you just see report *champion name* and in game that player is hit with non-stop abuse. or they will say only 1 top , 1 jungler... etc .

Really takes the fun out of playing when you get these pricks. I can understand if you are playing ranked games , but not with normal 5v5 and have also seen this hapen on 5 v easy bot matches :(

vex wrote: »
    Anyone else getting ultra douche bags on their teams lately?:confused: about 80% of the games if been joining has 1 or 2 players telling everyone else who they can play with. so one will call mid and state he is adc , if anyone else choices an adc champion , you just see report *champion name* and in game that player is hit with non-stop abuse. or they will say only 1 top , 1 jungler... etc .

Really takes the fun out of playing when you get these pricks. I can understand if you are playing ranked games , but not with normal 5v5 and have also seen this hapen on 5 v easy bot matches :(

Lately ? This is standard procedure. Happens all the time, just use the ignore button and play away.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Nothing new here, can we all stop acting surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Standard League Of Legends games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone else getting low FPS and medium to high ping over the past couple of days?

Nothing new here, can we all stop acting surprised?

I'm not at all surprised that people want to enforce the meta in their normal games, but I do still think people being knobs about it is unacceptable. (And in bot games it's ****ing laughable to try and enforce the meta.)

@vex: It is pretty much standard practise in blind pick** to call your preferred* role/lane during champion select so that your team mates can decide on their roles and the team can build a working composition.

Not calling a role is an easy way to get stuck doing one of the less desireable roles like jungler or support. So if you really don't want to play a certain role, let your team mates know you're bad at it. Someone might swap with you, and if they don't and start flaming in game you can always say 'I told you so'.

*Not necessarily your strongest roles, in normals don't be afraid to call a role you just want to practise.

**Draft too, but in draft pick order trumps call order.
    Orizio wrote: »
    Anyone else getting low FPS and medium to high ping over the past couple of days?

No but I have been having connection/login issues. EUW is borked atm. Joys of being the largest server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay Vi is finally free to try!

She's pretty fun so far.

Advertisement