Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

That's a very ignorant thing to say for, by far, the most popular online gaming genre at the moment.

What I said is ignorant? Did you even read your own post? Yes it is the most popular online genre at the moment, but there isn't enough discussion on this forum for an individual forum in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

n1ck wrote: »
    There isn't really enough talk of it to warrant an individual forum in my opinion.

World of warcraft has its own forum and it has 8 million players worldwide, league has nearly 40 million active players in 2013.

When playing Shen and you want to gain health back, is it better to last hit with your Q

or

Q a minion when it is 100% hp and hit it until it dies?

Which yields more health ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

-Vega- wrote: »
    When playing Shen and you want to gain health back, is it better to last hit with your Q

or

Q a minion when it is 100% hp and hit it until it dies?

Which yields more health ?

As far as I remember, Shen doesn't regain any hp unless he autos the minion. Unless they changed that recently and that's why you're asking?

World of warcraft has its own forum and it has 8 million players worldwide, league has nearly 40 million active players in 2013.

And how many of those 40 million players post here on boards? About 15?

• Advertisement

And how many of those 40 million players post here on boards? About 15?

well this thread is 128 pages and all I know is I have dozens of questions I want to ask, loads of videos and memes I want to share and some builds Id like to post. It kinda gets lost in a 128 page thread, Dota2 isnt even released yet and its set to sky rocket, it probably wont pass league but itll get damn closed. More mobas to come also Im sure. Makes sense to have a forum for Irish users where we can put things in certain sections, I dont know why you are so against it ? Do you have shares in boards.ie that drop if you use a tiny bit more bandwidth? :/

I'm not against having it, i just don't see the purpose with thr amount of posts is as low as it is.

If it makes certain posters happy then go for it.

I think it can help a lot to build the game in the country. Has Ireland had any presence in online gaming since CS? F*ck it, half the country is on the dole, surely that means we could put a decent team together.

I also think that the forum would encourage good discussion that goes beyond what is said in here. Cormac is talking about building a forum for Irish LoL, I think it could be unnecessary if we could get a forum here... Hopefully under the Games banner and not plonked in Strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Kold wrote: »
    Cormac is talking about building a forum for Irish LoL, I think it could be unnecessary if we could get a forum here...

Hes been trying this for a while hasn't he? On the Facebook group. I'd agree that itll be unnecessary if we get a forum here, ive seen a lot of groups who are mad into certain games, leave boards and create their own forum, only for it to be dead because theres so few members & new people discovering it.

I'm not against having it, i just don't see the purpose with thr amount of posts is as low as it is.

If it makes certain posters happy then go for it.

Yeah like if you think about it, theres probably a tonne of questions in this thread, and they would get a lot more answers or attention if they were in a single thread of their own. All we need is a Moba/LoL subsection . Not that much to ask. We dont have to throw every single question into one post, and we can make some informative stickies/guides/info about Irish teamspeaks/lolteams etc.

Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

BTW this thread has more traffic than some of the other games sub forums combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I try to get out of the habit of Last hitting with Q unless you're in an absolute need to push in a hurry or you're trying to be safe in lane. I find throwing Q onto a Siege Minion or something beefy that you can leave, then hit again after a last hit or two, is probably better than last-hitting with Q, getting one heal-proc then having to wait until Q is cooled to do it again.

I'm unaware of the CD timers or maths so for all I know the heal-proc may last as long as the Q CD - But if not it's usually better to chuck it onto a beefy target, especially if you're trying to spread your healing to other players because there's nothing more annoying than trying to offer, say, an ADC a little extra healing only for Q to kill the creep in one go, whereas you could have chucked it on a Siege or healthy minion so you both get the proc etc

It's all nitpicking at the end of the day, though.

It is always better to last hit with Q.

Shen doesn't gain any HP regen from auto attacking marked minions. Also throwing a cheeky auto attack reduces the CD of Q by a second. So yeah, ALWAYS last hit with Q :)

If you are in a lane where you want to apply some pressure in trades, then use Q as a poke mechanism and normal last hit creeps.

But you never EVER want to just Q a minion that wont count as a last hit

SO TL:DR

There is good demand for the forum request already in progress and we should support it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bought Zed last week with RP and now he's on sale tomorrow. Thank god for refunds!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Bought Zed last week with RP and now he's on sale tomorrow. Thank god for refunds!

If its within 2 weeks you can request a sale price from support and they refund you the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TheDoc wrote: »
    It is always better to last hit with Q.

Shen doesn't gain any HP regen from auto attacking marked minions. Also throwing a cheeky auto attack reduces the CD of Q by a second. So yeah, ALWAYS last hit with Q :)

If you are in a lane where you want to apply some pressure in trades, then use Q as a poke mechanism and normal last hit creeps.

But you never EVER want to just Q a minion that wont count as a last hit
    AFAIK, Shen does regain Hp when AAing marked minions. That is the main reason why you would mark the cannon minion or mark your opponent when they try to 1v1 you early when you have giants belt and you throw out a Shen 'hmpff' when they cower away in disbelief. This also helps him clear jungle easily(albeit slowly).

I only Q mins for last hits if i can't reach them without harassment(E.G. Versus Jayce) or if frantically pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If its within 2 weeks you can request a sale price from support and they refund you the difference

Oh didnt know that, I just used a refund credit and rebought him today.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    AFAIK, Shen does regain Hp when AAing marked minions. That is the main reason why you would mark the cannon minion or mark your opponent when they try to 1v1 you early when you have giants belt and you throw out a Shen 'hmpff' when they cower away in disbelief. This also helps him clear jungle easily(albeit slowly).

I only Q mins for last hits if i can't reach them without harassment(E.G. Versus Jayce) or if frantically pushing.

He doesn't gain HP from a marked creep since about 5 patches ago
    ACTIVE: Shen throws a blade at the target enemy, dealing magic damage and marking them for 5 seconds. Allied champions that damage a marked enemy heal over 3 seconds, with the duration refreshing upon subsequent damage.
    If Vorpal Blade kills the target, Shen heals for 33% of the normal amount instantly.

It was crazy about a year and a half back how Shen went from trash tier to god tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TheDoc wrote: »
    He doesn't gain HP from a marked creep since about 5 patches ago

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3495943

Shen is his own worst ally.

• Advertisement

Yeah.. The point of Shen is that he has ridiculous sustain. That would be an enormous nerf if they took that away. He also doesn't need more than a razor to jungle. It's like Aegis aura, you still get the aura yourself even though it only talks about allies.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Blue ezreal seems to be the new flavor of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

There's also green/purple and Red .... :P

I was under the impression the Q was enrfed on Shen ages ago, to specifically change that he doesn't heal from it,

I'll check it in custom game later :)

It's definitely more popular and for a good reason, unfortunately people keep doing it wrong.

Bloodthirster is a core part of it, which makes it unstoppable. People though keep neglecting it, and I don't understand why.

Blue Ez with bloodthrister is unstoppable.

Any average(ish) players want to have a game tonight around 6.30pm EU West?

I'm looking to improve my top lane or mid lane. Havent played a lot of ranked, think my account is bronze, Id rank myself as gold so looking for similar players. The pros are welcome to join as long as they are forgiving!

Anyone interested?

ADC=
    JUNGLE=
    SUPPORT=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Any average(ish) players want to have a game tonight around 6.30pm EU West?

I'm looking to improve my top lane or mid lane. Havent played a lot of ranked, think my account is bronze, Id rank myself as gold so looking for similar players. The pros are welcome to join as long as they are forgiving!

Anyone interested?

ADC=
    JUNGLE=
    SUPPORT=

I'm average(very ish) and i'll be on around that time. Enjoying Nami at the moment.

cool :) any other interest? I can also get some of my friends 2 play but would prefer mixing it up a bit, get other players perspective/attitudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I play most nights pretty much playing ranked only (Silver 5 promotions atm) Will play the odd game of blind pick to try out a new champ but it gets so frustrating as people tend to autolock roles i wanna try out.

Either way im up for a game most nights: Quetzal84

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why does everyone in Bronze think they are at least at Gold standard of play?
    I'm silver and don't deserve to be any higher yet.

Advertisement