Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

Porklife wrote: »
    My elderly neighbour was sitting in a deckchair in front of his house earlier and although I don't know him, I thought it would be nice to offer to pick up shopping for him as I was going to Dunnes.
    I politely said hi there, I'm your neighbour and wondered if you'd like me to pick up anything in the shop for you?
    Well you'd swear I'd asked if he'd like me to **** him with a strap-on the grumpy head on him. He barked at me what are you trying to pull?!
    I'm not trying to pull anything you miserable old prick 😠
    Ta that people often assume the worst about people 😠

Pisses me off as well, and you can be certain he otherwise gives out about people mistreating/not respecting their elders.

Similar to you I once offered my seat on a bus to an elderly fellow (it was even one of those “high priority” seats that are for older/disabled commuters when not otherwise in use) and the look he gave me you’d swear I’d asked him for a go on his wife.
    “Do I look like I need that huh?? Sit down and mind your own business”, me there feeling like an eejit in front of the whole bus for doing the right thing.
    Suit yourself, sour beshriveled, old bastard.

Being woken up at 09:45 after a full night shift by my inconsiderate next door neighbours getting a load of lads into their garden with chainsaws, trimmers and leaf blowers.

Honestly why the **** do you need them to come so early, we are all locked down anyway, getting it done in the afternoon would make no difference to them.
    No. Must go for maximum disturbance and annoyance, **** everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have been trying to get back into running, I came across the couch to 5k week by week programme.

Its a great programme but I cant figure out two things, how to do the timings without having to buy expensive new equipment(I cant use my phone for it) and the most annoying bit, I cant calculate how many changes there should be from the 60 second run to the 90 second walk in the remaining time.

Of all the obvious questions in their FAQ's, that one isnt in it, making me feel even more stupid than usual.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I have been trying to pay online for something since last weekend, I asked for a link to reset the account password.

Three days later it had not arrived. I got a phone call from CS this am saying I couldn't do what I wanted as I hadn't registered previously(tho I'm told I had) when I queried this, I was told in a very snotty manner that as the a/c was marked to send info in one format, I couldn't pay online.

I paid online this am, and got an email from CS manager contradicting what CS staff told me.

This crap at 8.15AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

cj maxx wrote: »
    I started my car , brand new October 19, after it didn't move for a week and the display warned the battery was low and to charge it. Just saying.

I'm starting mine every eight or nine days. It sounds kind of weak, but not 'almost dead'.

I'd always question what exactly a 'low battery' warning means - it's probably too conservative. My phone gives a warning at 15% when I'd probably still have an hour's worth of looking at memes left before it actually runs out! :)

Bredabe wrote: »
    I cant figure out two things, how to do the timings without having to buy expensive new equipment(I cant use my phone for it) and the most annoying bit, I cant calculate how many changes there should be from the 60 second run to the 90 second walk in the remaining time.

If you go on ebay you can probably get a cheap holder for your phone that will strap around your arm. From there you can probably get an app to input your intervals and give you audible prompts. There's probably even a couch to 5k app.

It's always a good idea to bring your phone with you anyway. You might find yourself 2.5k from home when you slip and fall or twist an ankle, and can use it to phone for help. A friend also used to bring €20 with him in case he had to get a taxi home. I started doing the same after we did an 11 mile run which we broke up with burpees and push ups and sprints and things, and there was an icecream van in the car park when we got back and I had no money. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I have been trying to get back into running, I came across the couch to 5k week by week programme.

Its a great programme but I cant figure out two things, how to do the timings without having to buy expensive new equipment(I cant use my phone for it) and the most annoying bit, I cant calculate how many changes there should be from the 60 second run to the 90 second walk in the remaining time.

Of all the obvious questions in their FAQ's, that one isnt in it, making me feel even more stupid than usual.

I am currently doing Couch 2 5k too and I just bring an old phone with me (at least that way if it gets wet/dropped, it's no biggie) and I use the Stopwatch feature.

Unfortunately I have no advice on remembering which number run/walk you are on as I had a similar issue. But it does get easier to count when you move on from the first 2 or 3 weeks as the runs become longer and thus less switching between run and walk.

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Be right back

Being woken up at 09:45 after a full night shift by my inconsiderate next door neighbours getting a load of lads into their garden with chainsaws, trimmers and leaf blowers.

Honestly why the **** do you need them to come so early, we are all locked down anyway, getting it done in the afternoon would make no difference to them.

I feel your pain. Never understood the need for leaf blowers. Waste of time and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Supermac’s are reopening some restaurants for drive thru or delivery, but not my local one :( I just want a burger :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

PTSB charging quarterly fees at a time like this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Noise sensitivity.
    Fit fir sedatives at the moment (but I dont have any, I never took any).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Grown men playing video games. Looking at you almost 30 years old flatmate. Unbelievable. Sat there on his fat lazy arse playing FIFA in a shared living room for hours at a time. I feel guilty if I'm watching something for more than half an hour. Go read a book or go out to the garden and kick a real football you self entitled flabby prick 😠

Porklife wrote: »
    Grown men playing video games. Looking at you almost 30 years old flatmate. Unbelievable. Sat there on his fat lazy arse playing FIFA in a shared living room for hours at a time. I feel guilty if I'm watching something for more than half an hour. Go read a book or go out to the garden and kick a real football you self entitled flabby prick ��

:D:D:D Will you insult people on my behalf from now on?

TA triggers. Every time I read something in the news that reminds me of trauma from my past, it is like I have to re-live it. News piece today about a man who was (quite rightly) sentenced for sexual abuse but he apparently has "a large family who continue to support him" - just, why? And how? How can you continue to support someone like this.

Sorry it's less TA and more red mist. I need chocolate and chardonnay to calm down! :mad:

TA that there are still new cases of Covid-19 every day. If everyone is abiding by the restrictions then how is it happening? Will we still be here in a year's time reading about several hundred odd new cases every day at 6pm? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA that there are still new cases of Covid-19 every day. If everyone is abiding by the restrictions then how is it happening? Will we still be here in a year's time reading about several hundred odd new cases every day at 6pm? :confused:

Would some of the results be from the nursing homes getting tested?

If one person in the family home catches it... The rest of the house will probably catch it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

RTE news should be renamed 'Depression Hour'.
    I put it on for 2 mins this morning and the reporter must have said 'deaths' and 'dying' at least 40 times, no joke.
    It would make a hell of a drinking game for students, everytime he says 'deaths' everyone take a drink :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Made a very good (high) bid on something but seller is presumably holding out thinking she can get even more for the item.
    She won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Let my hair grow.tgeast week... but not enough..I got sunburned on my scalp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

What time is your nightshift? When I did it (long time ago), I never went to bed as soon as I got home. Would stay up for around 5 hours and then go to bed (like the way someone working a normal 9-5 would)

I'm trying to treat a chronic but mild medical condition using the recommended OTC remedy, the prefered treatment is 7 days at a time to start and them once every 3 days for a few months.

They are significantly cheaper on Amazon, but the two orders I've placed have gone missing in the post and the only branch of the chemist that sell it is 45 mins away and 1.5 times the Amazon price.

Double checked the amount I needed before I went to the chemist, I bought exactly what I needed.

Now I'm almost finished this round, I need 8 and they come in boxes of 7!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    :D:D:D Will you insult people on my behalf from now on?

TA triggers. Every time I read something in the news that reminds me of trauma from my past, it is like I have to re-live it. News piece today about a man who was (quite rightly) sentenced for sexual abuse but he apparently has "a large family who continue to support him" - just, why? And how? How can you continue to support someone like this.

Sorry it's less TA and more red mist. I need chocolate and chardonnay to calm down! :mad:

Just give me your hit list of people to insult Antares and I'll go through the shower of **** for a shortcut :p

Ta that my flatmate just ordered Bunsen and despite having eaten like a depraved pig all day long, I now want to order a take away:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Grown men who ask strangers if they have a "spare smoke". Why don't they ****ing buy some?

At least homeless people and junkies have some kind of logic behind doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

'Contract tracing'. Heard it from 3 different people now. It's one of those situations where it's better to leave it than correct them, as it's embarrassing for both. A bit like 'pacificly'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Not being able to get coffee from a barista machine in the mornings, very trivial I know but the stuff from the machines in the shops just isn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Would some of the results be from the nursing homes getting tested?

If one person in the family home catches it... The rest of the house will probably catch it too.

Just to follow this up.... 1944 confirmed lab cases from nursing homes..... There's a tweet from F. P. In covid thread.

Unfortunately this is not good news for our death rates in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That Covid 19 information ad that is repeated every 10 minutes on every single radio station. The one that states "Covid 19 is a major health emergency here and throughout the World. It's having a big impact in how we live our lives". It states the obvious and the heavy rotation of the ad has made the radio unbearable to listen to. It's typical of the way we do things in this country. Just bombard, bombard, bombard.

Went to ATM at an BOI branch. Was offered onscreen the option of withdrawing €10.

I chose to withdraw €30.

The message ofcourse displayed "multiple s of €20 only"

Withdrew €20. Thus worked out though what I wanted to buy, I had 11¢ change.

Maybe BOI should optimize the programming of th ATM to treat the users like children then.

I know an earphones jack can be inserted to some in branch machine, a nanny's voice could be used.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    'Contract tracing'. Heard it from 3 different people now. It's one of those situations where it's better to leave it than correct them, as it's embarrassing for both. A bit like 'pacificly'.

Chicargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm sitting here eating mushrooms,tomato and egg.
    TA is i have no batch bread

Someone I email regularly uses small letters to start their names on the emails.

TA's me every time I see it.

• Advertisement

Someone I email regularly uses small letters to start their names on the emails.

TA's me every time I see it.

I had a friend who spelled his own name wrong on a card he gave to me in primary school.

"Richrad".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement