Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savecoronabeer

cj maxx wrote: »
    The numbers on the knobs on the cooker are worn out and invisible. I'm not even sure what knob is for what ring.
    If I want a ring at 4, I need to switch in on, count 4 clicks and see what ring goes red. I can work around it but it's annoying me

Those knobs would give you a red ring alright.

When people say "boom" for emphasis at the end of telling you about something banal. "Planted my cress seeds in an egg carton. Boom!"

Or when they describe something very tame as "these bad boys".

Phrase Should have died with Steve jobs.

My own TA: Kept prisoner today by courier waiting for facemask ordered online. Feel free to pm me tomorrow to see if it arrives today Tuesday.

When people say "boom" for emphasis at the end of telling you about something banal. "Planted my cress seeds in an egg carton. Boom!"

Or when they describe something very tame as "these bad boys".

Agreed. Along with calling the act of doing something: "cheeky" like "I'm going for a cheeky pint". Feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

New Home wrote: »
    If only we had a lockdown or something... then you'd have the time. ;)

If only they 2 pups , children, I live with could go to school for the day and give me peace for a few hours.
    Another TA is because my pupils (aforementioned children,) know their teacher (me), they think that they give a serious amount of guff with no repercussions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Agreed. Along with calling the act of doing something: "cheeky" like "I'm going for a cheeky pint". Feck off.

When somebody says the word fact to agree with something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My neighbour starts his jeep every day to charge the battery.

Unless his battery is knackered (and if so, f'king replace it) there's no need to do that every day. Also, whereas I've used my car once in the last three weeks, his seems to get moved at least four times a week, so he probably wouldn't be draining the battery any significant amount unless he's got a fault. Such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got tagged in the charity 5k thing on Instagram. Fcuk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you keep seeing posts from people who you have on ignore coz the ignore function doesn't work on the touch site.

Noone in this thread I swears ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Almost simultaneously got forward something about Heineken giving away free kegs on Whatsapp in 3 different convos.
    Did a quick search on Google. It's a scam been going since 2018.
    Have to tell the lads to do the research before posting boIIox like this. If it sounds too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

My elderly neighbour was sitting in a deckchair in front of his house earlier and although I don't know him, I thought it would be nice to offer to pick up shopping for him as I was going to Dunnes.
    I politely said hi there, I'm your neighbour and wondered if you'd like me to pick up anything in the shop for you?
    Well you'd swear I'd asked if he'd like me to **** him with a strap-on the grumpy head on him. He barked at me what are you trying to pull?!
    I'm not trying to pull anything you miserable old prick 😠
    Ta that people often assume the worst about people 😠

• Advertisement

My neighbour starts his jeep every day to charge the battery.

Unless his battery is knackered (and if so, f'king replace it) there's no need to do that every day. Also, whereas I've used my car once in the last three weeks, his seems to get moved at least four times a week, so he probably wouldn't be draining the battery any significant amount unless he's got a fault. Such a waste.
    I started my car , brand new October 19, after it didn't move for a week and the display warned the battery was low and to charge it. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

So incredibly sick of mind-deadening mind fogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am a fridge magnet these days... but my "wash the dayum dishes" gene has gone missing.

also, this messed up sleep pattern wrecks my head every flippin' day.

...lockdown hangover without the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"Woot!".

There. The annoyance to end them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Eligible for a phone upgrade. Rang Vodafone on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised to hear that the one I want can be pre-ordered. The employee asked me if I wanted them to order it for me while I was onto them. I said "no need - will order online myself in a few days".

Spent an hour trying to order it on their crawling website. Repeated errors and timeouts. Ended up ringing them and said - could you order for me.
    Response: we'll contact you when we get the phone into stock and order it then. No need to ring us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ordered something from a website in Belgium. It was only after I ordered that I saw a fairly inconspicuous notice saying it was unlikely that dispatch would be before 5th May. due to covid etc.

I'm in no rush for the stuff but I would have waited cos I bet they'll take my money now.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

cj maxx wrote: »
    The numbers on the knobs on the cooker are worn out and invisible. I'm not even sure what knob is for what ring.
    If I want a ring at 4, I need to switch in on, count 4 clicks and see what ring goes red. I can work around it but it's annoying me

:D

TA I have been locked up so long I find this hilarious :pac:

Boards' refusal to fix this bloody site.

I know this is probably pregnancy hormones combined with lockdown but FFS OH, do you need to be told to do everything?? Literally just finished a day's work plus online lectures and sweet FA is done :( I'm not asking for a 5 course meal and someone to polish the floor but come on - the laundry basket is overflowing, dog needs to be fed, house is freezing because nobody flicked on heating or put a match to a fire log. I put on wash and do the dishes and that's about the limit of my energy reserve right now. And even more TA, if I say anything, he looks around in confusion because there is "nothing to be done" :mad:

Also TA I know in my rational mind that he is actually normally very supportive etc. but he is all I have to lash out at right now :pac:

TA I've become a nagging old woman and will probably end up a dusty old spinster...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Ta'd I just ate an entire Easter egg I found in the back of the cupboard. Even more ta'd when I was craving chocolate to junkie levels yesterday I didn't remember I had an unopened Easter egg within hands reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The regular 503s are a pain in the hoop.
    There was a thread that said Boards.ie had to let some admin go because their advertising revenue is way down since c19 hit, but site traffic is really high. Thats why things keep crashing.

most are (hopefully) on covid-leave for safety, surely doing their best to keep the site running from home (can't be easy).

ta that this is me every day:
    me-all-day-me-at-night-45582599.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You're right; i'm not able to access my history here again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's back to normal now

The regular 503s are a pain in the hoop.
    There was a thread that said Boards.ie had to let some admin go because their advertising revenue is way down since c19 hit, but site traffic is really high. Thats why things keep crashing.

It's been this way for a long while though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ordered something from a website in Belgium. It was only after I ordered that I saw a fairly inconspicuous notice saying it was unlikely that dispatch would be before 5th May. due to covid etc.

I'm in no rush for the stuff but I would have waited cos I bet they'll take my money now.

Same here.
    Well it's stuff from Dublin shops. Both have taken payment. One has sent me a supposed tracking number which is invalid.
    The other advised me on the day after they took payment, that the order would be delayed.

It's very very very trivial in the scheme of things, I know, but what the hell, it feels good to have a minor rant here about it. :D

branie2 wrote: »
    You're right; i'm not able to access my history here again!

I find if you hit 'back' it usually works the 2nd time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Antares35 wrote: »
    I know this is probably pregnancy hormones combined with lockdown but FFS OH, do you need to be told to do everything?? Literally just finished a day's work plus online lectures and sweet FA is done :( I'm not asking for a 5 course meal and someone to polish the floor but come on - the laundry basket is overflowing, dog needs to be fed, house is freezing because nobody flicked on heating or put a match to a fire log. I put on wash and do the dishes and that's about the limit of my energy reserve right now. And even more TA, if I say anything, he looks around in confusion because there is "nothing to be done" :mad:

Also TA I know in my rational mind that he is actually normally very supportive etc. but he is all I have to lash out at right now :pac:

TA I've become a nagging old woman and will probably end up a dusty old spinster...
    He is the product of an Irish Mammy and cannot actually realise what needs to be done.

I'm afraid you now have to teach him how a house runs and how meals appear and get him involved by explaining rather than nagging. Make list of the jobs if necessary.

Also when this little baby arrives you will need him to be capable of doing household tasks.

Baby boy or girl, as soon as they can walk they can learn to tidy and help, so break the cycle of helpless children about the house

• Advertisement

wildwillow wrote: »
    He is the product of an Irish Mammy and cannot actually realise what needs to be done.

I'm afraid you now have to teach him how a house runs and how meals appear and get him involved by explaining rather than nagging. Make list of the jobs if necessary.

Also when this little baby arrives you will need him to be capable of doing household tasks.

Baby boy or girl, as soon as they can walk they can learn to tidy and help, so break the cycle of helpless children about the house

He doesn't even have this excuse! Though I see the effects of this with my brother. Got away with murder when he lived at home. Regularly stood up from the dinner table and left his plate behind. If I said anything I'd be told, "ah leave him shure doesn't he cut the grass" :mad: Mam made him packed lunches well into his 30's.

TA when you think you pour the right amount of milk over your cereal, but inevitably end up with half a bowl full of milk after the cereal is gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement