Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Wake up on a beautiful sunny morning, you dress accordingly and then when you go outside
    MV5BM2I2ZjkwZWMtYjUwZC00MDE5LTlkM2MtNWQ2MThkZDlkMWVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIyNjA2MTk@._V1_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My ta is that I can't name one bird apart from a robin or a crow that are daily visitors atm.

Rook, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow or Raven? :D

Whe you put a pot on to boil and it is taking bleedin ages, but when you turn your back for 10 seconds to do something else it boils over and makes such a mess :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Back to work tomorrow after a week off....waaaahhhhh, idonwanna go....
    But will, Shoulder to the wheel, Time of need, Civic duty, etc etc, and all the other expressions of encouragement Herr Bossman uses, oh and the "WE" in the sentences....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I know a lot of money was raised, and maybe its the cynic in me but.....All these millionaire musicians providing a "concert" from the comfort of their mansions (with less everyday worries than most of us) just to keep relevant. Yet I don't hear of any of them making any charitable donations themselves, compared to the much criticised football clubs who are at least doing their bit for the local community.

Reminds me of the Simpsons when they release a charity song when little Timmy gets stuck down a well. Hollow sentiment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My sitting room is more toxic than Chernobyl!!! The medication that the dog is taking is causing him to release the squirtiest, most foul smelling farts imaginable!!!!

It's so bad that even he is sticking his head out of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

New Home wrote: »
    Oats (and rice) aren't a good idea, they turn to "glue" when damp and could cause serious harm to the birds. Cheese isn't great either, TBH, no milk products are.

There's lots of info on feeders on the Nature and Birdwatching forum. (Yes, shameless plug, so sue me!).
    I had to make an essential trip to Tesco and picked up a bag of feed for them. Quite happy about it.
    TA is the head thing in my MRI hurt my head, and it took about 40mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA I have some kind of social disability that prevents me from being able to wrap up conversations properly. I can chat to someone and be perfectly normal, witty etc. but for some reason when it comes to saying goodbye, it gets so awkward, usually resulting in a "bye" x 50 and some random sh*te. I spoke to a colleague a few minutes ago and everything went fine until then end when I told him to "stay safe out there". :confused:

Your posts are making me crack up laughing:) Seriously having a bad day and your last few posts really cheered me up.

Ta that I only bought four beers. Goddamn rookie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Going on conference calls that are being led/presented by an Italian...
    Their spoken English* is fcuking appalling (not their fault because they're Italian), and a conference call that would usually be wrapped up in 20-30 minutes, is dragged out to at least an hour... It's fcuking torture (especially at 9am on a Monday morning (of course it's 10am for them and they'll have had 3-4 espresso's by now)).

*there are of course some Italians that can speak good English, but the vast majority cannot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Adults sending me videos of them miming dialogue from movie and tv shows. Why?? Just why??? For the love of all hell why????!! Nobody on Earth wants to see these videos except the people who make them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH appears to have several conference calls per day. Some of them seem genuine enough, but others appear to be just a large group of techies with American twangs (but not quite genuine accents) who love the sound of their own voices. One of the positives I hoped would come out of this pandemic was a reduction in superfluous meetings whereby people talk sh*te to validate their existence. It seems his place has not got the memo yet.

Or it might just be that he is working in the kitchen and therefore I can't do as many tea and toast runs as I would like throughout the day :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One of the joints on my pinkie sticks out a bit. The mouse I'm using is not the best and it's rubbing uncomfortably against it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...and now I've just pinched the skin of my throat in the zipper of my jumper... I really should go back to bed... :/

Pedestrians who don't know the side of the road they are supposed to be walking on.

One of the joints on my pinkie sticks out a bit. The mouse I'm using is not the best and it's rubbing uncomfortably against it.

The downside of WFH is the damage that is being done by using a laptop keypad and the mouse.

Normally I would have a wrist support thingy in work but I am now finding that not having it is flaring up an old wrist injury very badly.

The downside of WFH is the damage that is being done by using a laptop keypad and the mouse.

Normally I would have a wrist support thingy in work but I am now finding that not having it is flaring up an old wrist injury very badly.

Thankfully I have an old external keyboard, it was the first thing I attached to the laptop (and it's only one of the small laptops, too, more like a tablet). It has a numeric pad, too - I couldn't work properly without one.

Would a rolled-up towel help you, Shelly?

Thankfully I have an old external keyboard, it was the first thing I attached to the laptop (and it's only one of the small laptops, too, more like a tablet). It has a numeric pad, too - I couldn't work properly without one.

Would a rolled-up towel help you, Shelly?

I never even thought of that, Newie you are a genius. What would I do without you? :)

I asked CMT 'want me to zinc your sniffer?' and she told me to f off :eek:

I never even thought of that, Newie you are a genius. What would I do without you? :)

Me when I posted that ^^^:
    im-helping-ralph-wiggum.jpg

Me now:
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

On local sm I read a posting about how I have to store any glass items as they dont have space with everyone is recycling at the same time.
    An announcement from the cllr where my home is, said they are opening a centralised bring each morning.
    Ta, what am I supposed to do if I dont have space to store the volume of recycling?
    Ta2, how two clls can have such a different approach to the same thing.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

...and now I've just pinched the skin of my throat in the zipper of my jumper... I really should go back to bed... :/

Make sure to be careful zipping up your trousers :)

cj maxx wrote: »
    Make sure to be careful zipping up your trousers :)

Thankfully, that's not something I have to worry about....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Be greatful thats the only thing that got stuck in your zipper:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Joggers just running out on the road.My oh had to swerve the other day.Just came out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Too much drinking like this.

wysiwyg_image-medium-4.jpg

Well, Ted, if it's good enough for royalty, it's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People out of touch with the real world.

Some Banker is being quoted on irishexaminer.com that a good way to stimulate the income of the pub and restaurant trade when restrictions are lifted, would be to add €1 to every pint and €10 to every meal. When so many people have lost income and we're likely to see more austerity, he wants to make it more expensive to go out. Obviously that chap's income won't be affected by this or any other financial crisis.

Don't worry mister Banker - if they go the other way and cut taxes for the sector instead I'm sure you'll still get your bonus....

Thankfully, that's not something I have to worry about....

Oh I see :)
    That "we have a bleeder" scene from There's something about Mary is a warning to every young man about zippers

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savecoronabeer

Tailgating - despite the reduction in traffic - has increased 10 fold it seems. Listen drivers, if you speed and crawl up my hole in an effort to get me to speed as well, this will result in me slowing down as much as possible until you feck off.

• Advertisement

Reading glasses,or not having them handy.
    I saved a name on my phone so I'd remember who I was calling .
    But all I put was Acaraiga Ona ??? Wtf is that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement