Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

cj maxx wrote: »
    Oh I see :)
    That "we have a bleeder" scene from There's something about Mary is a warning to every young man about zippers

I dont have one either,but that scene still makes me wince:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

There's a company I have dealings with at work.
    There is always problems with their service levels and they also don't really care about their staff.

I just saw they posted on linkdin praising their staff and calling them heroes.

If people only knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

My head is not in the game today. Didn't sleep properly, haven't been eating properly, and am experiencing the worst cabin fever ever. Can't focus on anything, feel overwhelmed by my work load, drank too much coffee and just can't get with the programme today.

TA'd by bad mental health days :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When a poster takes over a thread. Posts and answers their own post then and posts again
    Not aimed at any body .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My eyeball is squeaky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People out of touch with the real world.

Some Banker is being quoted on irishexaminer.com that a good way to stimulate the income of the pub and restaurant trade when restrictions are lifted, would be to add €1 to every pint and €10 to every meal. When so many people have lost income and we're likely to see more austerity, he wants to make it more expensive to go out. Obviously that chap's income won't be affected by this or any other financial crisis.

Don't worry mister Banker - if they go the other way and cut taxes for the sector instead I'm sure you'll still get your bonus....

He’s an Economics Professor who also advises the Central Bank.
    Not a banker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

He’s an Economics Professor who also advises the Central Bank.
    Not a banker.

So another rich lad where an extra €1 or €10 on a drink/meal literally wouldn't make a difference.

TA'd that the admin work in my troubleshooting job is multiplying while the actual troubleshooting is nearly non-existent. And it has fukall to do with Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

cooking and i are not compatible - fek it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Deja Boo wrote: »
    cooking and i are not compatible - fek it! :mad:

Nail down a few basics you’ll be alright. Roast potatoes and mushies for a start, soak those bad boys overnight can’t lose with that pairing

From 100% to 79% battery in 1 hr 40 mins. Phone was idle with screen brightness turned right down in that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

From 100% to 79% battery in 1 hr 40 mins. Phone was idle with screen brightness turned right down in that time.

Have you any apps left open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dear Customer, here's an email outlining exactly what we're doing to help you during this time. I've very clearly laid out what you need to do now and what can wait until things are back to normal.

Customer: thanks for that email. Here's a ton of questions for you that are all answered in your original email which I couldn't be bothered to read and want you to repeat specifically to me.

Me: :| *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Job ads that don't give rates of pay and the companies involved withhold their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Trying to write this without it sounding em... Suggestive.. :)
    When you bite into something hot and more comes off then your mouthful, getting a hanger on that scalds your lower lip to chin area. Burn!

Have you any apps left open?

Good question.
    I closed them all but often something pops up, like a preview of all the apps Ive had open lately, like a deck of cards layout so you can just see the top of each app behind the one in front of it, and it asks "close all".

Somehow its like I press exit or close or whatever but that only minimises the apps. Even though it looks like theyre properly closed (no tabs anywhere, no sign of open apps) this pop up thing suggests they're not fully closed down.

I don't know how to get the pop up back up, it only appears when I accidentally press something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Good question.
    I closed them all but often something pops up, like a preview of all the apps Ive had open lately, like a deck of cards layout so you can just see the top of each app behind the one in front of it, and it asks "close all".

Somehow its like I press exit or close or whatever but that only minimises the apps. Even though it looks like theyre properly closed (no tabs anywhere, no sign of open apps) this pop up thing suggests they're not fully closed down.

I don't know how to get the pop up back up, it only appears when I accidentally press something.

Press the square at the bottom of your phone? Beside the circle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Scroll up once (or twice, if you get all the apps) from the bottom of the screen (if your phone is anything like mine), the "open screens" should appear again. Then, instead of swiping them to the left or the right, swipe them upwards away from you, that should close them.

Ahhh. Thanks.
    Turned out on my phone it's the two inverted allen keys as I think of them :)
    Or sort of 'l's on their sides.

My eyeball is squeaky.

WD 40 lubes everything.
    Not medical advice and not serious :)

cj maxx wrote: »
    WD 40 lubes everything.
    Not medical advice and not serious :)

Well thank goodness you added that last bit!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Nail down a few basics you’ll be alright. Roast potatoes and mushies for a start, soak those bad boys overnight can’t lose with that pairing

Keep some of the mushy peas and pair them with pasta, the peas create a kind of sauce and you can add chopped protene(meat, beans,soya) and you have a meal in a bowl.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When my parents call/ text to see how I am, they really only want to know the nice things. So, if I text them back telling them how I actually am, and there is something remotely negative in the response, they just f*cking ignore it because it doesn't fit with the demands of their utopia.

They also have a tendency to blame me for everything. Several months ago, some idiot reversed into my stationary car as we sat in traffic. For no reason he just put his car into reverse and smacked into me. When I told my Dad about it, the first thing he said was, "are you sure you hadn't aggravated him beforehand by beeping or driving up too close?".

Another time, about a year ago, we had a falling out with a rather unpleasant person who lives near us. When I was driving home one day, this person was driving up way too close to me, giving me daggers as I looked in the rearview mirror. Again, told my Dad and he said, "were you driving deliberately slowly to p*ss them off?".

Jesus thanks for being on my side guys. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

*RANT ALERT*

Being out of work has exaggerated bros' compulsive symptoms, one of which is to constantly harasses me to do or go places for or with him.
    He has no boundaries and lashes out if I put them down or ignore him. As he's stupidly stubborn and often oblivious to his surroundings, so it can be difficult to ignore this behaviour.

Monday I had a really really bad day of it and was moaning to a friend, who kept saying I should put my foot down and do this and that, cause clearly in all the time I've been around I've not tried this out or thought of this myself.

On top of being brought up to believe I was to blame for most things, now I'm to blame for his behaviour as well!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I have really hurt my middle finger. I was dragging a huge piece of a heavy metal object in the garden. Ex left a small scrapyard worth of complete crap.
    It closed down on the tip of my finger.
    Bruised the bone I think. I suppose th I didn't lose part of a finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Bredabe wrote: »
    *RANT ALERT*

Being out of work has exaggerated bros' compulsive symptoms, one of which is to constantly harasses me to do or go places for or with him.
    He has no boundaries and lashes out if I put them down or ignore him. As he's stupidly stubborn and often oblivious to his surroundings, so it can be difficult to ignore this behaviour.

Monday I had a really really bad day of it and was moaning to a friend, who kept saying I should put my foot down and do this and that, cause clearly in all the time I've been around I've not tried this out or thought of this myself.

On top of being brought up to believe I was to blame for most things, now I'm to blame for his behaviour as well!

I am sorry too hear this. I too experience such toxic dynamics within the family and it can be soul destroying. It's almost as if they better we are as people, the higher standards we are held to and the less we are let away with. Then you get unreasonable people like our brothers who just flit through life with mammy making excuses for them at every turn. :mad:

The numbers on the knobs on the cooker are worn out and invisible. I'm not even sure what knob is for what ring.
    If I want a ring at 4, I need to switch in on, count 4 clicks and see what ring goes red. I can work around it but it's annoying me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Find out once, then use an indelible marker to re-mark them accordingly.

New Home wrote: »
    Find out once, then use an indelible marker to re-mark them accordingly.

I keep meaning to do that. I even have the white tip-ex markers for that job.
    Ta is I haven't got around to it.

If only we had a lockdown or something... then you'd have the time. ;)

• Advertisement

When people say "boom" for emphasis at the end of telling you about something banal. "Planted my cress seeds in an egg carton. Boom!"

Or when they describe something very tame as "these bad boys".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement