Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

That I know who my ex is on here.

That they were trying to make themselves out to be the big man here, with their tall tales . ( not about me.) trying to impress.
    Total Walter Mitty complex

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Because of Covid-stuff, I'm working half the day from home and half in work. One of the colleagues is doing the opposite. This week she has done the first half in work, goes home just before I come in. Grand.

Except all this week when I've arrived in, she's had the heating on full blast! And I'm hot enough from the cycle in...during the warm weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Banana bread. Everyone who has an oven seems to be making it and posting pictures of it.

The search function on this site.

Jesus Christ it is utterly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Went to the shop this morning to get the weekly shop. I totally forgot you couldn't buy alcohol until 10:30!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Not to go political in the TA thread and it’s used outside politics too

If “this happens or these are elected” I will emigrate !!

It’s overly dramatic, attention seeking and they never leave anyway

Happens every few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Not to go political in the TA thread and it’s used outside politics too

If “this happens or these are elected” I will emigrate !!

It’s overly dramatic, attention seeking and they never leave anyway

Happens every few months

Has Ray Darcy returned to Ireland yet? I'm assuming he went ahead and emigrated as promised in 2010 when Enda Kenny became Taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    Do you know, on reflection, they could very well be the culprits! There is a tendency to think it's the crusty fat guy but actually, these "hot girls" are probably on restricted diets with very little carbs, perhaps the Atkins diet with all it's protein, possibly funny slimming pills and shakes that mess up your digestive system etc. Hmmm :pac:

TA my cat has a good acre in which to roam, and is currently taking a dump in front of my bedroom window. I thought cats were meant to be private creatures.

😂 Having yet another bad day and this really made me laugh.

Ta that I'm starting to get bored of cooking and it's one of my true passions (trained as a chef). Damn you to hell Covid...can you please leave me with one joy at least? You've already shattered my concentration thereby rendering it impossible to relax and watch a movie or read a book. If you take music from me I swear to Christ I'll come after you and slash your spoury corona throat you poisonous mother****er!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

All todays 'celebrities' and 'artists' playing songs from their front room....

Fcuk that, just play the whole of Live Aid again and be done with it.

much better show, much better musicians, much better atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

All todays 'celebrities' and 'artists' playing songs from their front room....

Fcuk that, just play the whole of Live Aid again and be done with it.

much better show, much better musicians, much better atmosphere.
    Agree and just **** off talking about your struggle during this. Bull**** of the highest order. I'm not saying they're enjoying it and it's a bizarre adjustment for everyone but they have no concept of the true struggle this is presenting for so many people even in terms of personal space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭blackbox

Porklife wrote: »
    Agree and just **** off talking about your struggle during this. Bull**** of the highest order. I'm not saying they're enjoying it and it's a bizarre adjustment for everyone but they have no concept of the true struggle this is presenting for so many people even in terms of personal space.

I was going to watch that the other night but the amount of preachy stuff meant I had to turn it off. Probably missed some good music.

Went to the shop this morning to get the weekly shop. I totally forgot you couldn't buy alcohol until 10:30!

Amateur!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Porklife wrote: »

Absolute plonkers.

You have the likes of Beyonce speaking out against racism in the US (which is of course a big issue), but then I haven't heard her donate resources to poor black communities during this crisis. Hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA that it's "just like riding a bike" doesn't apply to riding a bike. I haven't cycled since I was 19 which is quite the while ago. I was bored yesterday so tried to cycle around the yard and I couldn't get one leg off the ground with the nerves/laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Couldn't stop sneezing all morning. Explosively. TH I've stopped sneezing (just for balance)

Just turned on Ireland:AM. I hate drag acts. I don't see the entertainment aspect at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It's a TA ( and very trivial at that) when its happening.
    Couped up with a 7 yo who's fascinated by disasters.
    Daddy , the biggest tsunami, volcano, hurricane ,fire , earthquake etc was .... .
    And don't get me started on Deepwater Horizon and Titanic.
    Sorry son , I just need to have my caffeine.
    It's a TH otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Just turned on Ireland:AM. I hate drag acts. I don't see the entertainment aspect at all!

Me too... I just dont get the whole bitchy diva thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

This has been annoying me since this morning.Does anyone remember a child presenter from thE 80s,he was from Sherrif Street or North Inner City.Im sure his first name is Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Absolute plonkers.

You have the likes of Beyonce speaking out against racism in the US (which is of course a big issue), but then I haven't heard her donate resources to poor black communities during this crisis. Hypocrite.

Ah here.
    You have no idea what this person has or hasn't donated to, yet you have no hesitation calling her a hypocrite!
    What does that make you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah here.
    You have no idea what this person has or hasn't donated to, yet you have no hesitation calling her a hypocrite!
    What does that make you?
    That's the effect social media has on society.
    Unless you tweet,insta, Facebook or whatever that you've donated X amount you'll never get the credit for doing anything.

Theres truth in that but also some people prefer helping individuals or small charities. I'd prefer to remain anonymous whatever I do in this department.

Brings me onto a separate strand of a TA though. Used to know someone who was a bit tight on a day to day basis but if there was an opportunity to donate to a group thing that would get him talked about he'd whip out the 50s with a flourish and a big "please accept my donation to the blah blah fund". Some other soft hearted person who helped you out actually paid for that donation you c***. (Me)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cj maxx wrote: »
    That's the effect social media has on society.
    Unless you tweet,insta, Facebook or whatever that you've donated X amount you'll never get the credit for doing anything.

Privately and anonymously donating is the mark of genuine goodness, imo.
    But that won't save you from the people throwing the hypocrite label around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have some sort of hybrid of a crick in my neck and a pain in my collar-bone today.

The thing is, it's entirely self-inflicted. The way I was lying in bed on my laptop last night wasn't "natural" in terms of posture, but it was so damn comfy that there was no way I was adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

dubstarr wrote: »
    This has been annoying me since this morning.Does anyone remember a child presenter from thE 80s,he was from Sherrif Street or North Inner City.Im sure his first name is Kevin.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055067277

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA i think it should be called covid-20 to reflect the year we're in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

How they're still calling it Euro 2020 even though it's scheduled to take place in 2021.

The wired earphones which came with my phone are malfunctioning and causing my phone to turn off every time I plug them into it.
    Obviously its time to buy a new set, wireless so nobody can stand on the prong and damage the next set but by ****ery Ive done a fair bit of buying already this week.

Also Ta I can smell a bbq
    Don't care for bbq meat but there must be actual people around here!

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA i think it should be called covid-20 to reflect the year we're in now.
    We all now know it was (probably almost certainly) detected in '19 and kept under a lid until well into 2020. I kind of think the name is appropriate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Discovering you're blocked on Twitter by people whom you've never interacted with.

The last three have been male, bearded and had pronouns in their bio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement