Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I sorted it..I had added the new console profile in the "family" settings.
    Once I removed it I got gold access!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

As far as I was aware, the profile that has Xbox Live is the one you need to use to set the console as the home console then you can login to that console with your new profile and use the games frmo the old profile so the kids would use the old profile on the other xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Thinking of trying out gaming again after getting jaded back in the day of the 360. I reckon I'll go for a One S after selling off my 360 stuff, should cover a lot of the price of a used one.
    But I know nothing of this generation. what are some things to look out for? should i consider the One X(will be playing a 1080 monitor)? I think I'd be more interested in Fantasy RPGs & similar rather than all the shooters I went through on the 360, should i consider this game pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thinking of trying out gaming again after getting jaded back in the day of the 360. I reckon I'll go for a One S after selling off my 360 stuff, should cover a lot of the price of a used one.
    But I know nothing of this generation. what are some things to look out for? should i consider the One X(will be playing a 1080 monitor)? I think I'd be more interested in Fantasy RPGs & similar rather than all the shooters I went through on the 360, should i consider this game pass?

If your not in a rush hang on for Prime day. You'll probably get a One S bundle for less than 175 maybe even 150.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Game Pass is incredible, and will most likely be all you need. The value is just incredible, and it includes so many games in such a variety of genres.

It's making me regret so many of my purchases over the last couple of years, I bought them and put them onto my backlog, and now they're being added to Game Pass every month. It's like Microsoft took a look at my purchase history and said "Yeah, let's add all those games".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

CatInABox wrote: »
    Game Pass is incredible, and will most likely be all you need. The value is just incredible, and it includes so many games in such a variety of genres.

It's making me regret so many of my purchases over the last couple of years, I bought them and put them onto my backlog, and now they're being added to Game Pass every month. It's like Microsoft took a look at my purchase history and said "Yeah, let's add all those games".

Same but the fact that i got nearly 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for free is some consolation!

BTW @NomadicGray, many of your old 360 games should be backwards compatible

Thanks guys, Gamepass seems like it'll be for me anyways, i actually hate physical media these days so there's a few wins there.

I reckon from my 360 collection the only ones I'd play again are The MGS HD Collection & Dragons Dogma, unless the new version is much of an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

My advice don't sell your 360 games and stuff, put those away in attic or anywhere else dry place and after couple years you get so much nostalgic fun out from it. You will get robbed in Cex. GameStop don't even bother. I learned it hard way with PS2 many years ago.

Its a nice thought but I really dont think I'll get that nostalgic over it, not in the way we would over the Mage Drive or Snes.
    A lot of the games are still on Steam aswell as being released again as HD versions, some of them were great because of the online aspects. I just dont think I'll think of them in that way. I also hate the clutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If your not in a rush hang on for Prime day. You'll probably get a One S bundle for less than 175 maybe even 150.

What’s Prime Day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wall wrote: »
    What’s Prime Day?

A made up one day event by Amazon to extract as much money as possible by offering discounts to Prime members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Get the witcher 3 Game of the year edition, then in a few months time when your finished it fully pick up gamepass and youll be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Turned on my Xbox One S for the first time in a few months and I am having issues updating the console or even connecting to Xbox Live.

It connects to my WiFi ok but I keep getting the same error code

0x80072f8f

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Turned on my Xbox One S for the first time in a few months and I am having issues updating the console or even connecting to Xbox Live.

0x80072f8f

Any ideas?

0x80072f8f is an Xbox Live connection error. Nothing to do with the update or the console. Reset the console and the router and try again.

recyclops wrote: »
    Get the witcher 3 Game of the year edition, then in a few months time when your finished it fully pick up gamepass and youll be sorted

I'll be looking for good fantasy RPGs for sure so I reckon thats high on the list.
    Gamepass sounds like exactly what I was longing for in the days of the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

0x80072f8f

Any ideas?

Did you get this sorted? I turned on my Xbox 2 weeks ago for the first time in a couple of months, did the updates that were needed and turned it off. Just turned it on a while ago as I’ve a few friends over to play it tonight, and I’m getting this error too. Currently on virgin broadband and everything else is working perfectly. Have turned off the router and Xbox and turned back on and it made no difference. I deleted the wireless connection from the Xbox, but now it won’t let me add it again either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Did you get this sorted? I turned on my Xbox 2 weeks ago for the first time in a couple of months, did the updates that were needed and turned it off. Just turned it on a while ago as I’ve a few friends over to play it tonight, and I’m getting this error too. Currently on virgin broadband and everything else is working perfectly. Have turned off the router and Xbox and turned back on and it made no difference. I deleted the wireless connection from the Xbox, but now it won’t let me add it again either :(

Did you try an Ethernet connection?

I didn’t. I was away for the weekend and only got around to having another go at it today.

Reset the console. Reboot the router. (Eir)

It says the connection to the internet is good but connecting to Xbox Live doesn’t seem to work.

I’m beginning to wonder is there a setting on the router I need to change that’s currently blocking Xbox Live

0x80072f8f

Any ideas?

Got this sorted today using this method.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

Click the " I need to update my console offline"

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

so the July update is rolling out with some improvements to gamepass.

the alexa xbox skill is rolling out to more countries but still no Ireland(that is slightly annoying)

• Advertisement

Did anyone else get an email from Microsoft with a code to redeem £5 on the xbox store?
    I normally dont read the emails and just delete them but I actually scrolled through this one out of boredom and there was the code, I used it and it says I have until the end of July to use it, sure its only a fiver, but I'm happy with that, free money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No and I specifically went to look after reading your post.

No and I specifically went to look after reading your post.

:P:P

The email was titled "Keep Gaming: MaxMartello" and I got it on the 2nd July

Here it is:
    4da982b55e8e644d9dfdadbbe6d56bc5-full.jpg
    I've already used the code so no fear of someone taking it lol

Is there some site where I can see what games are being sold on the Xbox Store where I can filter with the price?
    Will make it a lot easier for me to spend that fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is there some site where I can see what games are being sold on the Xbox Store where I can filter with the price?
    Will make it a lot easier for me to spend that fiver

maybe xboxstorechecker.com? it at least shows the current sale stuff where you'll get a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks guys!

Man I messed up so much yesterday, annoyed with mysef!!

I got some gift vouchers for my birthday, €25 for Gamestop and €30 for Smyths so I used them to get €55 worth of credit for the Xbox.
    I got 3 codes, I used the xbox app on my phone and I put in the €25 one first, not taking any notice of the confirmation, then I put on the €10 and as I hit confirm, I noticed it mention italy, I had the app on the italian store so now the credit is on that store, I changed back to Ireland to use the last code and contacted Microsoft about it, sadly they arent able to transfer the funds over but they said if I wanted to purchase something, I could contact them and they would do it for me as I tried to use the italian code but wouldnt let me because I was in ireland, the guy on the Chat did suggest using a VPN.

Anyway, that was mistake 1, mistake 2 was when I used the credit to purchase some coins on Apex, I went through the process, didnt get a confirmation and went through it again then 2 confirmations came up! Yesterday was probably the worst day ever for me with my account :(

Just noticed anyone signed into windows 10 now appears online when you look at friends list on xbox whether you are playing a game or not. No wonder I was getting messages earlier this morning. So what is the solution fire up the app in windows and set it to appear offline?

• Advertisement

Just noticed anyone signed into windows 10 now appears online when you look at friends list on xbox whether you are playing a game or not. No wonder I was getting messages earlier this morning. So what is the solution fire up the app in windows and set it to appear offline?
    I think you just need to sign out of the app and games bar. Once signed out you have to manually sign in, seems that way for me anyway I'm not sure if theres something more to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement