Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

Be hard to top Outer Wilds from last year. Playing it at the now and loving every 22 minute loop of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Yeah the Mixpot was quite a poor showing, I suppose they took their foot off the gas because of giving away Too Human as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

CatInABox wrote: »
    The mixpot was ****e.

World of Warships: Legends - Combat Pack
    Trove: Neon Ninja Class, Bushin Beatmaster Costume, Wild C.A.T. Mount (E3 Mixer)
    Gems of War: Dwarven Avatar Pack

I'm never one to turn my nose up to free sh*t... but sh*t is exactly what that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Worthless trash.

Mixer should be made perform the Walk of Shame.

giphy.gif

Phil Spencers Giant Bomb interview post E3.

50 minutes of pure Phil :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Failsafe has a modern day shrine of King Phil. He pays hommage daily for 3 hours at a time.

When this video was first released Failsafe had 3rd degree burns on the palms of BOTH hands...

:D:D:D

ZiabR wrote: »
    Failsafe has a modern day shrine of King Phil. He pays hommage daily for 3 hours at a time.

When this video was first released Failsafe had 3rd degree burns on the palms of BOTH hands...

You've got to admit the guy is a legend. Imagine where gaming as a whole (not just the xbox) will be with some proper well made titles under his tenure.

ZiabR wrote: »

604898495ef1f71bc4846d263046b5ebcad6bf70_hq.gif

You've got to admit the guy is a legend. Imagine where gaming as a whole (not just the xbox) will be with some proper well made titles under his tenure.

Oh I agree, sure I had blisters on mine aswell :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Alright folks

Bought a new xbox one x there in GS

Just registering it and it says

Manufacturer Warranty ends 01/25/2021
    3 years

I was told in GS that I would get 2 years manufactures but it looks like it's only a year and a half?

Seals were open on the box if that means anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Rossi IRL wrote:
    I was told in GS that I would get 2 years manufactures but it looks like it's only a year and a half?

I think I remember contacting Xbox live chat support and they amended mine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Alright folks

Bought a new xbox one x there in GS

Just registering it and it says

Manufacturer Warranty ends 01/25/2021
    3 years

Seals were open on the box if that means anything

Seals were probably opened to make a bundle. Did it come with Fallout or Sea of Thieves or some other game on a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Seals were probably opened to make a bundle. Did it come with Fallout or Sea of Thieves or some other game on a code?

Yeah it was forza

That seems like all it was

Edit: got onto support, all resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

SuperS54 wrote: »
    In a similar position, have been waiting and waiting for discount deals to start on the One X (not in Ireland so no Gamestop trade in for me :() now that there are finally official discounts there's solid news on the next generation being released next year...Will be purchasing a 4K TV in the next couple of weeks as my old LG has just about had it however not only is there the next Gen coming out I would imagine there'll be serious discounting of the One X in the run up. Decisions, decisions!

Couldn't take it any longer, despite knowing there's a new generation coming out next year and the One X is likely to see major discounts I pulled the trigger! XBOX One X Forza edition now downloading updates! Seemed a waste when I didn't have a 4K TV so splashed out on one of those too, and a couple of years of gold upgraded to Ultimate....these sales always end up costing me money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Couldn't take it any longer, despite knowing there's a new generation coming out next year and the One X is likely to see major discounts I pulled the trigger! XBOX One X Forza edition now downloading updates! Seemed a waste when I didn't have a 4K TV so splashed out on one of those too, and a couple of years of gold upgraded to Ultimate....these sales always end up costing me money!

You wont be disappointed thought ;);)

Forza on a OneX and a 4K screen is just amazing..blasting through the country side is butter smooth especially when set to performance. Must bust it out again myself.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

The generation game has changed. The X will become like the current S so you will be grand for next generation until you feel you need to upgrade again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

getting a 2nd xbox one s tonight, 2Tb limited edition from adverts, its for occasional use however looking to use my main account with it. Anyone have issues lining a xbox gold ultimate pass to two differently consoles?

BrookieD wrote: »
    getting a 2nd xbox one s tonight, 2Tb limited edition from adverts, its for occasional use however looking to use my main account with it. Anyone have issues lining a xbox gold ultimate pass to two differently consoles?

Which limited edition, Gears of War console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Which limited edition, Gears of War console?
    dont think so, just a white version at 2TB with battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

BrookieD wrote: »

It'll be fine, I used to move between about 6/7 consoles. The sub is tied to your account. If you aren't game sharing just set the main console as your home console for when your net goes down so you can still play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Does anyone know for certain if Gold is on the way out? I know gold is still available but is GPU the future/the only option?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

erkifino wrote: »
    Does anyone know for certain if Gold is on the way out? I know gold is still available but is GPU the future/the only option?

I'd be surprised. I presume they'll leave gold there as a cheaper option for someone who is happy to just buy the odd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

here is a question that someone maybe able to answer. it is about 2FA.

I have it set up for my account, I have 2child accounts linked to my profile. they each have their own gamertag and email. is there a way to set up 2FA for them or since they are linked to my account they will be ok?

gmg678 wrote: »
    here is a question that someone maybe able to answer. it is about 2FA.

I have it set up for my account, I have 2child accounts linked to my profile. they each have their own gamertag and email. is there a way to set up 2FA for them or since they are linked to my account they will be ok?

Hmm, from reading the FAQ or other peoples posts it would seem that because they are child accounts linked to your main account, there is no way to split the 2FA from yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Not sure if anybody bothers with the rewards but you can get €5 for 4000 points.

I don't harvest the points religiously but it's grand when you do it passively and let them accumulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So........ has anyone here moved from a Pro to a One X?

I'm about to (or was about to) trade in my Pro tonight for a One X but now I'm not so sure.

Here in Spain Game are selling a One X with 4 games (Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7, Gears Of War 4, Halo 5) for €370.

Granted, these are all GamePass games but it's a pretty good deal.

Anyways, I stupidly watched the first 15 minutes of Horizon Zero Dawn as well as gameplay trailers for God Of War and Uncharted Lost Legacy and now I've no idea what to do.

I posted a similar question in the PlayStation thread and was given sound advice - with next gen looming on the horizon it would not be wise to pay full whack (more or less) for a new console - whether that'd be a One X or a Pro.

Thing is, I don't mind paying full whack and wanted to see and play some Xbox exclusives.

To answer some questions I might get asked:
    I don't play online
    Game wise - I prefer single player narratives and RPGs.

So............would you make the move?

Has anyone here made the move previously? If so, what were/are your thoughts?

I don't want to keep the Pro and get a One X as well. If I have two machines I'll never play either. I like just focusing on one thing hence the trade-in idea.

Genuinely, do games look a lot better on the One X? For example, does Assassins Creed Origins actually look miles better than the Pro? I know resolution is a lot higher but is this really only something one would notice if the two systems were side by side?

Additionally, I have a Samsung Q7 and I read somewhere that Microsoft worked with Sammy to optimize their system for the Q series of TVs.

There's also the enticement of the 4K Blu Ray. I've yet to watch any 4K content on the TV so that could be a bonus.

I'm probably answering my own questions as I type ha - but would really appreciate feedback from everyone here.

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you already have a Pro how come you haven't already played Uncharted/Horizon/God of War?

Personally I'd keep the pro and buy the X, then trade in the games that come with it and sign up for gamepass.

Next gen is still 18 months away and you 'll probably still be able to play the launch titles on the X anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you already have a Pro how come you haven't already played Uncharted/Horizon/God of War?

Personally I'd keep the pro and buy the X, then trade in the games that come with it and sign up for gamepass.

Next gen is still 18 months away and you 'll probably still be able to play the launch titles on the X anyway.

Only got the Pro in December so haven't gotten around to gaming much over the last few months.

Yeh getting the One X as well seems good but I really don't want two consoles - just want to choose and put all my effort into one (sounds a bit daft).

I think the games that come with the One X are digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Only got the Pro in December so haven't gotten around to gaming much over the last few months.

Yeh getting the One X as well seems good but I really don't want two consoles - just want to choose and put all my effort into one (sounds a bit daft).

I think the games that come with the One X are digital.

I have a One X and a Pro. The One X is my main console. I prefer the hardware, the controller, XBL, GP, almost everything. I think both interfaces have their ups and downs, so I’d be even there.

I use the Pro exclusively for exclusives. Only exeption being Overwatch. I play Overwatch on both consoles. My main account is on Xbox but my friends play on PS. As such, I don’t have many games to compare across the two. Overwatch looks significantly better on the X. Like, massively so. It did get a much better patch than the Pro did. Hellblade looks and runs slightly better on the X.

I have a Samsung KS7000 (4K 10-bit) by the way…

However, most of my best and favourite gaming “experiences” of the past few years have been on the Pro. Bloodborne (my GOAT), The Last of Us remastered, Nioh, and God of War. HZD I found to be stunning, but a little hollow.

Strangely enough, I can understand what you’re saying about wanting to put all your energy into one console. I’m privileged to have both, but I’d much prefer if it was just one. It makes no sense, but it is what it is.

So my two cents….

You’ll get better value and slightly better performance out of a One X with Game Pass.

There are far better gaming experiences (single player/narrative driven) on the Pro.

• Advertisement

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I have a One X and a Pro. The One X is my main console. I prefer the hardware, the controller, XBL, GP, almost everything. I think both interfaces have their ups and downs, so I’d be even there.

I use the Pro exclusively for exclusives. Only exeption being Overwatch. I play Overwatch on both consoles. My main account is on Xbox but my friends play on PS. As such, I don’t have many games to compare across the two. Overwatch looks significantly better on the X. Like, massively so. It did get a much better patch than the Pro did. Hellblade looks and runs slightly better on the X.

I have a Samsung KS7000 (4K 10-bit) by the way…

However, most of my best and favourite gaming “experiences” of the past few years have been on the Pro. Bloodborne (my GOAT), The Last of Us remastered, Nioh, and God of War. HZD I found to be stunning, but a little hollow.

Strangely enough, I can understand what you’re saying about wanting to put all your energy into one console. I’m privileged to have both, but I’d much prefer if it was just one. It makes no sense, but it is what it is.

So my two cents….

You’ll get better value and slightly better performance out of a One X with Game Pass.

There are far better gaming experiences (single player/narrative driven) on the Pro.

All really good points. My Q7F55 is 10 bit too.

I owned multiple consoles at the same time in the past. For me now, I think it's the idea of having one with one game at a time - completing and then moving onto the next.

I'm also a sucker for collectors editions too.

With the Pro, my g/f got me 4 games at Christmas - absolutely awesome but I strangely found myself not playing any - as there were so many I felt (stupidly) that I should be playing them all and then didn't try any - weird I know.

Decisions, decisions............AAAAHHHHHH

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement