Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

E3 conference starting now, watch here with your microsoft account to get free stuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Outer worlds going straight to game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Outer worlds going straight to game pass.

Has been on it since last week

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Birneybau wrote: »

That's Outer Wilds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Birneybau wrote: »

That's Outer Wilds.

Oh

• Advertisement

Was there any Backwards compatible games discussed or released last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Was there any Backwards compatible games discussed or released last night?

No, they just do that stuff through Major Nelson or Inside Xbox now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Did anyone who watched through Mixer get their mixpot reward? Or know what it is?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Faker74 wrote: »
    Did anyone who watched through Mixer get their mixpot reward? Or know what it is?

It usually takes a few days for the E3 one to come through, mainly because they give you a few opportunities to get it. They've got an Inside Xbox on tonight, so if anyone missed the briefing, watch that on mixer to get the Mixpot.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1138136242627993600

Looks like BC stuff tonight at 11, hopefully we see a good few games announced, with some more X enhanced stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

So they just announced the backward compatibility stuff and from what I have read this is the last batch of backwardly compatible titles that they are going to release.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/

New Xbox Orginals

Armed and Dangerous
    Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
    Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

Free Add-ons

Armed and Dangerous New Mission: Summer Home
    Star Wars Battlefront New Map: Jabba
    Star Wars Battlefront II Expansion Pack (4 new maps, 1 new hero: Kit Fisto and 1 new villain: Asajj Ventress) New mode: Kashyyyk Assault
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Equipment store: Yavin Station
    Star Wars Republic Commando Multiplayer Map: Hangar
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 3 Mission Packs: Kola Cell, Vselka Infiltration, and Vselka Submarine
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow 2 Map Packs (split-screen multi-player maps): Federal Bank and River Mall
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 2 Mission Packs (split-screen co-op missions): Nuclear Plant and UN Headquarters 2 Map Packs (split-screen multi-player maps): Polar Base and Steel Squat

Xbox One X Enhanced updates available now include:

Banjo-Kazooie
    Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
    Banjo-Tooie
    Kameo Elements of Power
    Perfect Dark
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Viva Piñata
    Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

New Xbox 360 Fan-Favorites Available This Week

We are also releasing a curated collection of fan-favorite Xbox 360 games, available this week, to commemorate the special occasion, including:

Asura’s Wrath
    Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
    Enchanted Arms
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    Far Cry Classic
    Far Cry Instincts Predator
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
    Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
    Skate
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    Syndicate
    Too Human
    Unreal Tournament III

As a final thank you to the community, we are bringing Too Human to the Backward Compatibility catalog and are making it available digitally to everyone for free.

That’s why we’re taking our work a step further and announced this week that thousands of games from all four generations will be playable on Project Scarlett. As such, we have now shifted our focus to help make the games you love playing on Xbox One compatible with future Xbox hardware. After this week, we have no plans to add additional Original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog on Xbox One, but we’re excited to continue our work on Xbox compatibility across platforms and devices, which remains a top priority.
    Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/#MXxIMKm0fvADvFW5.99

• Advertisement

No more? They really are forcing a move to the new console. Halo Infinite now this :(

No Max Payne trilogy back compat :(:(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No more? They really are forcing a move to the new console. Halo Infinite now this :(

No Max Payne trilogy back compat :(:(

Halo Infinite is coming out on the Xbox One.

You can now have any GamerTag you want, so long as you're okay with a bunch of stuff after it. It's the same setup as Discord.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Halo Infinite is coming out on the Xbox One.

Plus reading some of the comments from the team, is that at the moment they are stopping the work on bringing more titles to backwards compatibility.

They want to make sure that all Xbox One titles, Xbox 360 and Xbox Original titles work with Project Scarlet.

One of the team posted on twitter.

The team is not going away or stopping, we just need to go dark for a little while as we start the next phase of our journey. There are still big things ahead. #ProjectScarlett

https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1138227170688479232

Personally I would rather all the current bc games and Xbox one games work on next gen before launch instead of dedicating resources to new bc games right now. The program is just on hold

https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1138223927522521088

I can't believe that they never made "The Simpsons Game" for 360 back compatible!
    :mad:

Ars Technica with a hands on of XCloud: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/06/project-xcloud-demo-of-halo-5-nearly-indistinguishable-from-local-play/

Testing in a controlled environment designed to show it off so probably won't be as good in reality, but still promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

CatInABox wrote: »
    E3 conference starting now, watch here with your microsoft account to get free stuff.
    I got notting did anybody get anything free?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rob808 wrote: »
    I got notting did anybody get anything free?

It hasn't been announced what was in the mixpot yet. Should be another couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I’ve got to replace my trusty old launch Xbox one.

I see some great deals on the S and the X is twice the price... but it feels silly to buy a console that’s going to chug playing cyberpunk next year.

But I don’t even have a 4K tv either. My eight year old Panasonic 1080p plasma ain’t going anywhere for the foreseeable.

What to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

quad_red wrote:

GameStop trade in deal might still be available

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    GameStop trade in deal might still be available

Thanks, sweetie but the OG one will be going elsewhere.

So it’ll be a cash purchase. But at basically twice the price and a new Xbox coming at the end of next year. I dunno.

I don’t care about 4K. But I care about frame rates. But is it worth twice the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks, sweetie but the OG one will be going elsewhere.

So it’ll be a cash purchase. But at basically twice the price and a new Xbox coming at the end of next year. I dunno.

I don’t care about 4K. But I care about frame rates. But is it worth twice the price?
    I would wait for xbox 2 and you can get cheap 4k tv there gone down a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Unless you had a 4k tv it is not worth it.

Yes you can get good performance on a 1080p tv but as above it is not worth it this late in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

In a similar position, have been waiting and waiting for discount deals to start on the One X (not in Ireland so no Gamestop trade in for me :() now that there are finally official discounts there's solid news on the next generation being released next year...Will be purchasing a 4K TV in the next couple of weeks as my old LG has just about had it however not only is there the next Gen coming out I would imagine there'll be serious discounting of the One X in the run up. Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

quad_red wrote: »

I see some great deals on the S and the X is twice the price... but it feels silly to buy a console that’s going to chug playing cyberpunk next year.

But I don’t even have a 4K tv either. My eight year old Panasonic 1080p plasma ain’t going anywhere for the foreseeable.

What to do!

Regardless of the fact of not having a 4K tv, the One X still out performs the One S and would be the obvious choice.

I know scarlett is coming at the end of next year but at least a One X would have better trade in value if you look to upgrade.

For example I bought the Witcher 3 GOTY edition for €14 in the sale last night.

Would I see a quantifiable difference between an S and an X? (Given it’ll be with an external SSD in either case and on a 1080p 52”).

Regardless of the fact of not having a 4K tv, the One X still out performs the One S and would be the obvious choice.

I know scarlett is coming at the end of next year but at least a One X would have better trade in value if you look to upgrade.

If it was 20% or 30% more expensive, yeah.

But it's *twice* the price. For a much more powerful GPU (which my 1080p) screen can't take advantage of and pretty much the same puny CPU which is going to be totally exposed once the next gen kicks off in the same way the S will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I do not have a 4K or UHD Tv in my bed room(Where the X is kept) but I upgraded to the X when GS had their offer and I can see a big difference in the games.
    Ark, which I have played close to 5 years I think now, loads up faster, the game looks amazing on the X, my friend had mentioned about the moons reflection in the sea but on the S, there was never a moon, while on the X there is.

Even the difference in Red Dead 2 compared between the S and X is noticeable.
    We have a 4K Tv in the sitting room and I'll eventually hook the X up to that at some point but until then, I am enjoying it in my room :)

Ark and Red Dead 2 arent the only games that look great, Halo(Which I am not really a fan of but I have as it came with the Xbox) looks great as does Forza.
    The load time on games seem to be shorter, when I was transferring to a different Server on Ark it took ages while now its a lot quicker

The mixpot was ****e.

World of Warships: Legends - Combat Pack
    Trove: Neon Ninja Class, Bushin Beatmaster Costume, Wild C.A.T. Mount (E3 Mixer)
    Gems of War: Dwarven Avatar Pack

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    The mixpot was ****e.

World of Warships: Legends - Combat Pack
    Trove: Neon Ninja Class, Bushin Beatmaster Costume, Wild C.A.T. Mount (E3 Mixer)
    Gems of War: Dwarven Avatar Pack

Didn't even get a message yet :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement