Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

shuffles03 wrote: »
    All really good points. My Q7F55 is 10 bit too.

I owned multiple consoles at the same time in the past. For me now, I think it's the idea of having one with one game at a time - completing and then moving onto the next.

I'm also a sucker for collectors editions too.

With the Pro, my g/f got me 4 games at Christmas - absolutely awesome but I strangely found myself not playing any - as there were so many I felt (stupidly) that I should be playing them all and then didn't try any - weird I know.

Decisions, decisions............AAAAHHHHHH

What you're experiencing is known in psychology as 'The Paradox of Choice'.

Game Pass may not be a great idea for you.

I'd stick with the Pro, place the 4 games you own in an order of preference, and work your way through them, enjoying them at your leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    What you're experiencing is known in psychology as 'The Paradox of Choice'.

Game Pass may not be a great idea for you.

I'd stick with the Pro, place the 4 games you own in an order of preference, and work your way through them, enjoying them at your leisure.

Damn you and your knowledge and wiseness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No need to buy an X now. Focus on your PS4 games for the minute and if a good offer comes up on the X you can always buy then.

Ah dang it. Everyone has made really good points. Everyone is sensible. I like it.....but I also hate it :)

Hmmmmmmmmm......it is Friday and I do have a certain feeling.....no no I shouldn't.........NO SHUFFLES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No need to buy an X now. Focus on your PS4 games for the minute and if a good offer comes up on the X you can always buy then.

I'd echo this. Work your way through the exclusives and then, maybe swap. Who knows by the time you've worked your way through, the next gen might be here. Most Xbox games should be forward compatible by then.

• Advertisement

erkifino wrote: »
    I'd echo this. Work your way through the exclusives and then, maybe swap. Who knows by the time you've worked your way through, the next gen might be here. Most Xbox games should be forward compatible by then.

Sound advice!

One final question........Assassins Creed Origins: this is far better looking on the X than Pro no?

Cheers everyone for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sound advice!

One final question........Assassins Creed Origins: this is far better looking on the X than Pro no?

Cheers everyone for the input.

Yes, both Odyssey and Origins.

I didn’t sell it in the end. I just bought Uncharted Lost Legacy and the limited edition of Horizon ZD. I’m going to play through a few exclusives first like suggested and see what happens.

Funny, I was trying to convince myself earlier to get the X and I thought to myself, ‘I know where I’ll go. I’ll go to the Xbox thread. They’ll tell me to ditch my Pro in an instant’, ha!

Damn all you sensible people with your sensible thoughts and actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I didn’t sell it in the end. I just bought Uncharted Lost Legacy and the limited edition of Horizon ZD. I’m going to play through a few exclusives first like suggested and see what happens.

Funny, I was trying to convince myself earlier to get the X and I thought to myself, ‘I know where I’ll go. I’ll go to the Xbox thread. They’ll tell me to ditch my Pro in an instant’, ha!

Damn all you sensible people with your sensible thoughts and actions.

X available from Amazon.de for €330 now. In a few months you'll get it for less than €300 and maybe even €275.

https://www.amazon.de/Microsoft-Xbox-One-schwarz-Exodus/dp/B07MTMP4RX

TitianGerm wrote: »
    X available from Amazon.de for €330 now. In a few months you'll get it for less than €300 and maybe even €275.

https://www.amazon.de/Microsoft-Xbox-One-schwarz-Exodus/dp/B07MTMP4RX

Nice! Yeh I’ve decided that I’m definitely getting an X but I do t think I’ll trade in the Pro to get it. I’m also wondering if Microsoft will release a limited edition One X to coincide with the launch of Gears 5 in September (I’m a sucker for limited editions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I've got a Pro and a One X. The X IMO is a significant improvement on the Pro for Multiplatform titles but if it was one or the other I would probably go with the Pro. Spiderman, Uncharted, GOW, HZD etc. are some of the games I've pumped the most hours into this gen. On the X I've played RDR2, AC: Odyssey and FH4 the most but aside from Forza could have played all those on the Pro and likely been happy enough with the performance.

My plan for next gen is trade in the One X for the Scarlett on launch (with BC I don't expect to miss out on anything) but I'll probably hang on to the Pro until we get some PS5 exclusives that make it worthwhile.

Thats of course dependent on what news we get at E3 next year around both consoles launch titles.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi all.Anyone have a guide on how to share gold and games between 2 consoles in the same house?
    Im picking up an X later today but I already have a day one console that Im going to pass to the kids.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Hi all.Anyone have a guide on how to share gold and games between 2 consoles in the same house?
    Im picking up an X later today but I already have a day one console that Im going to pass to the kids.
    Thanks

Set the kids console as your home console (sounds like it is already) - sign in as normal on your new console. The kids will have access to your gold and games when they sign in as themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thanks

Set your day 1 console as your home console, this will share all your games and subscriptions with all users on that console. You will have access to all your stuff on the One X as long as you are connected to Xbox Live.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im even more confused now!!!

My existing one is already my home console with my gold / ea access etc on it.

So are you saying to use the same gamertag / account on both?

Im even more confused now!!!

My existing one is already my home console with my gold / ea access etc on it.

So are you saying to use the same gamertag / account on both?

I read this :

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/09-07-2018-how-to-game-share-on-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-share-games-with-a-friend-share-xbox-live-gold

and it seems to be that you have to set the opposite console as home so my day 1 as the my home console and the new x as the kids one??

But log in with my new gamer tag on the x.

Fecking confusing!!!
    I just don't want to pay for live twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I read this :

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/09-07-2018-how-to-game-share-on-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-share-games-with-a-friend-share-xbox-live-gold

and it seems to be that you have to set the opposite console as home so my day 1 as the my home console and the new x as the kids one??

But log in with my new gamer tag on the x.

Fecking confusing!!!
    I just don't want to pay for live twice.

When you turn on the new console and sign into your profile it will ask you if you want to make this Xbox your home console. Say no. Done.

You only have to make the new console your kids home console if you want to play the games they buy on theirs which you probably won't or are buying the games using your own profile so they can play.

My kids one day 1 console has all my games and theirs on it. So I'm starting fresh with a new console and gamertag.
    I'm leaving their one as it is but want to share their live and games with the new X so how do you do it then.

My kids one day 1 console has all my games and theirs on it. So I'm starting fresh with a new console and gamertag.
    I'm leaving their one as it is but want to share their live and games with the new X so how do you do it then.

Just sign into the new console with your gamertag and all your digital games will be available, as the kids will be on your home console they will have access to your games and live. Create child accounts for your kids and keep your own gamertag.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Don't create child accounts as they have problems playing some games online with child accounts.

• Advertisement

Don't create child accounts as they have problems playing some games online with child accounts.

Think that is only an issue with EA games where the age of the account owner is under 12.

You can also enable network transfer and games will copy across the network, rather having to redownload them.

Licenses for games and subs are held by both a home console, and a gamer tag. Set their console as your home console- they get your games and subs, you don't need to be signed in. Set their console as your home console, you get their games and subs. The same game owned by one person can be played on two consoles at the same time as the license for it is in the console for one person, and on the other person's gamer tag.

If you need to reset home console you can do that in developer settings.

Im pulling my hair out.
    Im missing something very simple somewhere.

So here the way I have it at the minute.

Original day 1 has my old profile on it that is the one the live is tied to--Im leaving this with the kids (they have ll their game saves etc on this profile)

New X has a brand new profile setup on it.

Ive logged into the Day 1 with the new profile and set that as its home console.

Ive logged into the new X with the old profile and set that as the Home for that one.

I have access to the games on both profiles--it will allow me to download the digital games associated with the old profiles account.
    However when I try to play anything on line it saying multiplayer privileges are missing (Battle field 5 for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

As far as I know you only set one as the home the old console.

What are the two profiles? You shouldn't make a new profile for yourself if that's what you are doing.

Im pulling my hair out.
    Im missing something very simple somewhere.

So here the way I have it at the minute.

Original day 1 has my old profile on it that is the one the live is tied to--Im leaving this with the kids (they have ll their game saves etc on this profile)

New X has a brand new profile setup on it.

Ive logged into the Day 1 with the new profile and set that as its home console.

Ive logged into the new X with the old profile and set that as the Home for that one.

I have access to the games on both profiles--it will allow me to download the digital games associated with the old profiles account.
    However when I try to play anything on line it saying multiplayer privileges are missing (Battle field 5 for example)

Keep your own profile, set Day 1 console as Home, use yourself on One X. Do opposite with new rofile.

What are the two profiles? You shouldn't make a new profile for yourself if that's what you are doing.

New X has a new profile for me. Old profile is staying on the old console.

Keep your own profile, set Day 1 console as Home, use yourself on One X. Do opposite with new rofile.

I wanted to start afresh with the X and a new profile and just basically share gold to the new console.
    Leaving the old one (the kids one with all their game saves etc) as it is.

New X has a new profile for me. Old profile is staying on the old console.

I wanted to start afresh with the X and a new profile and just basically share gold to the new console.
    Leaving the old one (the kids one with all their game saves etc) as it is.

What profile owns gold? Sounds like you have it set up so the kids can play games but you cant.

The old profile I assume owns the games and gold. The new console needs to use that profile to log it and play

• Advertisement

Old profile logs into X and sets that as home console. Log it out then and log it into the old console and play as normal with it. New profile can log into X and play as the licenses are stored now on that console.

Make sense? Tbh I would get the kids to make their own accounts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement