Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi all
    Looking for recommendations for a pub in salthill for a few quiet evening pints. Have a meeting at end of March and will have a few hours to kill early evening after meeting. Normally would be In Galway City itself but staying in salthill this time. Will be on my own.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

harr wrote: »
    Hi all
    Looking for recommendations for a pub in salthill for a few quiet evening pints. Have a meeting at end of March and will have a few hours to kill early evening after meeting. Normally would be In Galway City itself but staying in salthill this time. Will be on my own.
    Thanks

Depending on what end of Salthill, I'd go Killorans or the office up the prom side or wards and pj's lower end.

Depending on what end of Salthill, I'd go Killorans or the office up the prom side or wards and pj's lower end.
    Don’t mind a bit of a walk , was in PJs before I think and it’s probably a bit far. Staying in salthill hotel. Thanks for the suggestions. Is killorans Lonregans ? Or are they two different bars ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don’t mind a bit of a walk , was in PJs before I think and it’s probably a bit far. Staying in salthill hotel. Thanks for the suggestions. Is killorans Lonregans ? Or are they two different bars ?

Two different bars but right beside each other. The office and the Oslo also nice but depending on the evening possibly busier

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Hi all
    Thanks

Oslo has the best choice of beer, it has food but it's typically bar food. Papa Rich and others have great food if you want to line the stomach. I'd imagine Salthill will be quite this time of year. You could also get the 401 to town and get off at the Spanish Arch and go back the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 dwightschrute

snap, my husband dreaded the dentist until he went here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bosupe wrote: »
    A sewing class for beginners. Any recommendations?

I saw an ad for classes in the arts centre on dominic st and I hear that there is a sewing teacher in mervue/moycullen.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Good Guinness in the city!

Up for the weekend and looking for recommendations for a good pint.

I've been to Murphy's, Freaney's and Tigh Coili before, great pubs. Anywhere else I should try as I'm always looking for somewhere different.

Cheers.

BullBauld wrote: »
    Good Guinness in the city!

Up for the weekend and looking for recommendations for a good pint.

I've been to Murphy's, Freaney's and Tigh Coili before, great pubs. Anywhere else I should try as I'm always looking for somewhere different.

Cheers.

Hughes bar, woodquay, murty rabbits, forster street, john keoghs and taylors, both dominic street and the crane bar, sea road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hi all
    Thanks

I've been going to McCabes a lot recently. Nice quiet spot, nice environs, and good food. Beer selection isn't huge but there's enough to pass a few hours or find something with a meal.

Oslo is down the road, food not as good, but it's the place for a big selection in Salthill. It's a big place so it's easy to find a corner but it can get noisy when busy.

If the standard selection is okay with you I'd head to Londergans. More local old man pub vibe and cosy enough to while away a few hours.

• Advertisement

I've been going to McCabes a lot recently. Nice quiet spot, nice environs, and good food. Beer selection isn't huge but there's enough to pass a few hours or find something with a meal.

Oslo is down the road, food not as good, but it's the place for a big selection in Salthill. It's a big place so it's easy to find a corner but it can get noisy when busy.

If the standard selection is okay with you I'd head to Londergans. More local old man pub vibe and cosy enough to while away a few hours.

Thanks for the suggestion, it will probably be a few quiet pints of Guinness a good book and a bit of grub would be a bonus. Not often I would get the chance of a few quiet evening pints on my own so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Anybody seen Cadburys Boost Protein Bars around the city in shops? they are becoming hard to find :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mixer7

Does anyone know of any where I can get a cross trainer repaired ? Its out of warranty , belt seems to be snapped. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Looking to replace tiles and redecorate bathroom. Anyone that does a good job in Galway? Insured etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Looking for place that does Wheatgrass shots/juices ?

T.I.A.

Anyone know anywhere in the city that tends to hire 16year olds for summer or weekend jobs?

Bosupe wrote: »
    A sewing class for beginners. Any recommendations?

Sew last season on Fb have a good variety of classes running.. 50 euro for the 6 week one I think. Its down near the library in the city somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Nice doughnuts to pick up for the office...it’s a monthly thing and we need to change from cup cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

skinny90 wrote: »
    Nice doughnuts to pick up for the office...it’s a monthly thing and we need to change from cup cakes

There's a doughnut place in Briarhill.
    The produce is nice. Too nice!

https://www.facebook.com/doughnutdelightgalway/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

aw wrote: »
    There's a doughnut place in Briarhill.
    The produce is nice. Too nice!

https://www.facebook.com/doughnutdelightgalway/

Anywhere closer to the city or would they deliver?

• Advertisement

Got some really nice ones in applegreen tuam road last week. A huge selection and they are big.. Little bit pricey but so worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

There's that Dungeons and Donuts shop on Abbeygate Street if you want something right in the city. Never tried them but heard good things

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

O'Hehirs Bakery are in Terrlyland and Westside and do a nice selection of doughnuts. A bit expensive though.

Most of the big grocery stores do their own doughnuts now so Dunnes in Eyre Square or Tesco would have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anyone know anywhere in the city that tends to hire 16year olds for summer or weekend jobs?

I'd love to hear what you find? Have several friends wondering the same question. When Supermacs is filled with adults willing to do the job where are kids meant to go? My impression is mcjobs are few and far between. There's a lot of temp jobs going during the races, but you'll spend more on petrol & time ferrying them back and forth.

I'd love to hear what you find? Have several friends wondering the same question. When Supermacs is filled with adults willing to do the job where are kids meant to go? My impression is mcjobs are few and far between. There's a lot of temp jobs going during the races, but you'll spend more on petrol & time ferrying them back and forth.

Will report back if we find something. He's eager to start working. He had work experience over the year of TY but most places said they hire at 17, hotels mainly. Just putting it out there to see if anyone knows anywhere.
    Agree with the races temp jobs. We avoid the city and the traffic as much as possible during that week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

xckjoo wrote: »
    There's that Dungeons and Donuts shop on Abbeygate Street if you want something right in the city. Never tried them but heard good things

I second that. They are very yummy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

I second that. They are very yummy!!!

Do they have nice fresh jam ones or is it all the frosty sugar ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Aldi still do Bratwurst, unfortunately only during their BBQ season, but they should be in store soon enough.

The German Bratwurst guy at the market also sells (raw) Bratwurst.

https://www.gm-catering.com/

Anyone know if Aldi (or elsewhere) will have Bratwurst in stock soon?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Bubble Bee Cafe on abbeygate street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Looking for Radiator Bracket Clips. The little plastic clips that go on radiator brackets, to stop them clicking due to the metal expanding at different rates. Had 9 radiators installed, 3 are Myson and did not have the little plastic clips. The rads click every time the boiler fires.

The supplier has been in contact with Myson for literally months, and the cant seem to get the clips.

Advertisement