Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where can I find thermos brand flasks?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Short answer is Lidl I know.

I am looking for the Lidl Crivit brand rowing machine. They went in to stock in the lidls in Galway about 10 days ago. Checked Doughiska and it was sold out. Rang their customer services and they said they dont have the software to check stocks.

Just wondering if anyone has seen them in any of the various lidls in Galway in the last 2 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cbutter29

Bredabe wrote: »
    Where can I find thermos brand flasks?

I bought in TKMaxx, Argos & Tesco sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

No official ones any more unfortunately.

Really? :eek:
    Not that I use them much, but it's the idea of them I remember. I was just talking about Paraic's Bar the other day to a non-Irish person and trying to relay the craic!

Have all the licences expired, or is it just that people don't operate them (officially)!

Didn't one on the square have one - Richardsons?
    What about in Wood Quay?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

need someone to repair a few window hinges in connemara .. any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

inisboffin wrote: »
    Really? :eek:
    Not that I use them much, but it's the idea of them I remember. I was just talking about Paraic's Bar the other day to a non-Irish person and trying to relay the craic!

Have all the licences expired, or is it just that people don't operate them (officially)!

Didn't one on the square have one - Richardsons?
    What about in Wood Quay?

The market ones might still be around (Saturdays only) but they haven't been used since stags/hens discovered Galway. Pretty much the same for the potato market in Woodquay.
    Never was one around Eyre Sq except for the railway station.
    Nothing around the Docks due to a f*ck up by a prominent business man a good few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

-Vega- wrote: »
    Short answer is Lidl I know.

I am looking for the Lidl Crivit brand rowing machine. They went in to stock in the lidls in Galway about 10 days ago. Checked Doughiska and it was sold out. Rang their customer services and they said they dont have the software to check stocks.

Just wondering if anyone has seen them in any of the various lidls in Galway in the last 2 days?

In case you haven't found one yet, they have some in Lidl Oranmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

DNG Maxwell Heaslip & Leonard

I second this recommendation :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Coco86

LVIrish21 wrote: »
    I am looking for recommendations for an estate agent that could handle the sale of a home I own in Galway City. I live overseas and I will have to deal with them remotely.

P.S. not sure if this is the right thread or should I post in property

We used Michelle Burke. Really quick sale and she was lovely to deal with. Will ring you after viewing and let you know how it went. Highly recommend her. She's based in Moycullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

LVIrish21 wrote: »
    I am looking for recommendations for an estate agent that could handle the sale of a home I own in Galway City. I live overseas and I will have to deal with them remotely.

It also depends whether you would prefer to sell by private treaty or auction. Auction has the benefit of the whole process being concluded pretty quickly, if that's what you want. You could go from putting the property on the market to the sale closing in less than 3 months. O'Donnellan and Joyce do the most auctions of the agents in Galway but DNG do them too. For private treaty, several friends had excellent experiences selling with Sherry Fitzgerald.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭swine

Any suggestions where to find a replacement door seal for a Thor washing machine? I've had no luck with Conboy Electrical or Des Kavanagh.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

swine wrote: »
    Any suggestions where to find a replacement door seal for a Thor washing machine? I've had no luck with Conboy Electrical or Des Kavanagh.

Thanks

Google electro spares. They are based out past carnmore cross but can deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

swine wrote: »

Thanks

Try
    https://www.exsparetise.com
    They are excellent and if you email them they get back quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    Looking for kombucha, has to be unfiltered and unpasteurised.
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Try supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking for kombucha, has to be unfiltered and unpasteurised.
    Thanks
    Pa

You'll find it in Evergreen's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Looking for recommendation for someone to set up some internet access points in house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Looking for recommendation for someone to set up some internet access points in house

Have you considered getting a mesh wifi product? Usually they consist of 2-3 extenders which work with your existing provider's modem. They are very easy to setup typically with an app on your phone and you probably need to know your existing wifi password. It's pretty foolproof and after getting one last year I finally have strong wifi everywhere in the house and garden.

Have you considered getting a mesh wifi product? Usually they consist of 2-3 extenders which work with your existing provider's modem. They are very easy to setup typically with an app on your phone and you probably need to know your existing wifi password. It's pretty foolproof and after getting one last year I finally have strong wifi everywhere in the house and garden.

I did yes but figure as have cat5 running I might as well use it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Are you pretty competent with computers and happy to do some tinkering to setup a system?

If you are you could try and flash a few routers with Openwrt and set some of them up as dumb access points. A basic setup is only a couple of hours worth of work. The trickiest part is usually flashing your router and for certain models it's as easy as uploading a file

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    Are you pretty competent with computers and happy to do some tinkering to setup a system?

If you are you could try and flash a few routers with Openwrt and set some of them up as dumb access points. A basic setup is only a couple of hours worth of work. The trickiest part is usually flashing your router and for certain models it's as easy as uploading a file

I think this might be outside my comfort zone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brchun0dpvotyk

Hi all. Does anyone know a good packaging supplier in Galway? I am looking for rolls of Bubble wrap for packing products. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

steve2017 wrote: »
    Hi all. Does anyone know a good packaging supplier in Galway? I am looking for rolls of Bubble wrap for packing products. Thanks.

https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/packing-mailing-c-107/postage-packaging-supplies-c-10702/bubble-wrap-bubble-bags-c-10702002

I find the pound shops good for padded envelopes and the like. Curious myself where else there is locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Shorty69664

steve2017 wrote: »

You could try these. Not sure if they supply what you're looking for. Based in Liosban Industrial Estate.
    https://carabay.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brchun0dpvotyk

Thanks. Yea, have gone down the online route but if there is someone around the town it would be handier than getting big foam rolls shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Spend 25 pounds at Amazon for free delivery.
    Massive selection

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Hi All
    I am looking to buy a Clothes Brush any ideas where I can get one
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Hi All
    TIA

The sewing place upstairs in Corbett Court. Can't think of the name :D
    Probably some other places like Anthony Ryans, Homestore and More, the cobbler crowd on Abbeygate St. or even the Euro Shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hi All
    TIA
    Not as easy to find as you would think, they have been replaced in a lot of places by lint rollers.
    That said, places like Hickeys(already mentioned) or home focus might have them. I got some in Aldi lately.
    Hairdresser suppliers my have them too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I thought Easons used to sell bubblewrap cos i think I got it from there.
    Would suggest checking Mr Price too.
    I know post office does a lot of packaging stuff but would probably find Euroshop and Dealz as has been suggested.
    MIght depend on what amount of stuff you want to send but I think that ought to suffice, innit.

Advertisement