Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JackyJoe

Paper, or lightweight are not really worth a ****e if you are serious about the Corona virus and you are looking for a good mask, a good respiratory mask. The minimum standard you need your mask to be is an FFP2,best is FFP3. If it isn't carrying this standard, you are wasting your money.

I can assure you there is already a massive run on these mask's already!

Sorry this is off topic, but important to state

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Looking for a standard black photo frame to house a 8" by 12" photo with glass & a white mount.

Thanks,
    Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a standard black photo frame to house a 8" by 12" photo with glass & a white mount.

Thanks,
    Patrick.

Davitt Photo in Salthill have a good range of frames. Also the Fuji shop upstairs in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre‎.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

zell12 wrote: »
    Facemask
    Where do I get one and how much do they cost?

you might as well cover your mouth with a sock, scarf, any auld rag or not bother at all as to use the gammy dust masks, they don't create an airtight protection around the mouth and nose, they quickly sweat up inside and out creating the perfect hot and wet breeding ground for viruses and bacteria to multiply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Bredabe wrote: »
    If you are talking about breathing masks and not the beauty treatments,
    most chemists will have the paper surgical masks at about 2e each, I was tole to get a mask that is used by painters/builders, I got a pack of 2 in B&Q for less than 5e.
    McDonagh's in westside would have that type as well.

Yup worth bearing in mind that the surgical masks are useless for preventing picking up illness. The Centre for Disease Control recommend an N95 mask which is the type you get in painters/builders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Openside11

Hi guys

I need to drive to Limerick for work over the next few weeks.

Anybody know where i can get the cheapest petrol in the city ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone know where I could get loads of bubblewrap ... free. Have been in a few shops but they reuse it. Need loads of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Openside11 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Woodquay Petrol Station seems to be the cheapest one at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Hi guys

Make sure you tyres are fully inflated or slightly over and in good condition. Usually you will find fuel cheaper outside the city so keep an eye on prices all the way down. Might be cheaper fill in limerick than Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anywhere selling Heat Holders thermal socks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

bobbyss wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get loads of bubblewrap ... free. Have been in a few shops but they reuse it. Need loads of it.

Try the factories in parkmore or ballybrit . Ask the staff at their goods inwards doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Blue850 wrote: »
    Try the factories in parkmore or ballybrit . Ask the staff at their goods inwards doors

How much do you need and how soon do you need it?

Make sure you tyres are fully inflated or slightly over and in good condition. Usually you will find fuel cheaper outside the city so keep an eye on prices all the way down. Might be cheaper fill in limerick than Galway

Thanks for the Advice :)

Bosupe wrote: »
    Woodquay Petrol Station seems to be the cheapest one at the moment.

Thanks ill check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Thanks ill check it out

Unless it’s on your way don’t bother.average car has a 50 litre tank. If they are a cent cheaper at the pump you are only saving 50c. If it’s out of the way or you hit traffic jams it won’t pay you.
    The savings on cheaper fuel are normally a waste of time and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

If its more than a once off, just go to restore. Their fuel is much better in the long run and genuinely lasts noticeably longer

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Recommendations for tattoo artist in galway
    Also one who might redo old colour tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A sewing class for beginners. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I'm a very nervous dental patient. I currently go to a dentist in Galway but I feel he's being negligent about my gums. He read out numbers to his assistant but he never explained anything to me. From looking online, my understanding is that he was measuring my gums. I got a reading of about 6 which I think is not good. My upper gums don't look great. They are red, swollen and inflammed looking and they have been like this for about a year. I attend for 6 month cleanings at the dentist. I feel like I not need to get a deep cleaning done but my dentist has never suggested this.

I'm looking for recommendations for a dentist in Galway with experience of gum disease. I'm a nervous patient as well so someone who's good at dealing with nervous patients.

Theres a beginners dressmakers class run periodically in GTI, you can find information on their website https://www.gti.ie/parttime/courses.

I've seen in Hickeys (upstairs in Eyre Square branch) that they often do free classes. Had a look on their website and this seems to be the list for 2020 even though the blogpost is from 2019 https://www.homefocus.ie/blog/free-craft-demonstrations/
    I've never attended one of them so I can't tell you if they're any good but for free it couldn't hurt to try one, I doubt its hands on so you're probably just watching someone else do it.

Best of luck, its such a great skill to have even just being able to hem something or repair a button is a really nice thing to be able to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

owlbethere wrote: »
    I'm a very nervous dental patient. I currently go to a dentist in Galway but I feel he's being negligent about my gums. He read out numbers to his assistant but he never explained anything to me. From looking online, my understanding is that he was measuring my gums. I got a reading of about 6 which I think is not good. My upper gums don't look great. They are red, swollen and inflammed looking and they have been like this for about a year. I attend for 6 month cleanings at the dentist. I feel like I not need to get a deep cleaning done but my dentist has never suggested this.

I'm looking for recommendations for a dentist in Galway with experience of gum disease. I'm a nervous patient as well so someone who's good at dealing with nervous patients.

My wife was a nervous patient too until she found JME Dentist on Middle Street. Best of luck

xckjoo wrote: »
    My wife was a nervous patient too until she found JML Dentist on Middle Street. Best of luck

Eyre Square Dental is great for nervous patients too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Eyre Square Dental is great for nervous patients too.

My wife is the same and she likes Kingston Dental next to Joyces in Knocknacarra. Easy parking, really nice fella, place feels new and clean. Been going to him myself since he opened and I've always found him happy to explain anything in detail. My wife speaks highly of him and she's not easily pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Thank you for the dentist recommendations. I will check out their websites and build up the courage to make a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone recommend a pub around the route from town centre towards the Salthill Prom that would be good for a quiet pint on a Saturday morning. Planning on going for a walk around the area this weekend if the weather allows (to take a break from the stag :D) And actually, is there any other indoor "touristy" things to do besides from the City museum (which I love) in case I am rained in?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

You could try 'Knitwits and Crafty Stitchers' in Liosban, I think they run classes. They were super nice the few times I've been in, the only problem is getting out of there without buying everything in the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Anyone recommend a pub around the route from town centre towards the Salthill Prom that would be good for a quiet pint on a Saturday morning. Planning on going for a walk around the area this weekend if the weather allows (to take a break from the stag :D) And actually, is there any other indoor "touristy" things to do besides from the City museum (which I love) in case I am rained in?

Thanks in advance.

Ward's and PJ Flaherty's in Lower Salthill (if they're still there) and probably the aquarium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

owlbethere wrote: »

Oh please try Liam McGee. He is so very kind and very nice, he's really excellent wih nervous patients. I have been actually shaking in the past going to the dentist before I went to him. He completely cured me of any fear of it. He will talk to you all the way through the procedure and tell you youre doing good and its going well and nearly there now etc , and it makes a big difference. He's extremely gentle too, I've had lots done there and the injection didn't even hurt! Please try him. I think he's by far the best in the town and if you search the Galway forum you'll find he crops up lots in recommendations.
    Good luck!!

Advertisement