Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Anyone know a pharmacy that sells the sleeping tablet Zimovane? Has to be that precise brand. Galway city or county?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Any recc's for a person trainer that will travel for one or two sessions?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭39steps

Looking for a ceramic travel mug with silicon lid in Galway city?

Have tried Dunnes, Tesco, Easons, Home Store and More, Harry Corry, New Look - all seem to be stocking bamboo ones at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,923 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Argos? Don't know if they definitely do but go to their website and look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mr. Price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Looking for somewhere to do a few hours work on the computer tomorrow, while the kids are doing something in NUIG. I presume I can't just walk in and use one of the reading rooms? Would the public library be an option?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anywhere in town do christening presents ?

Tried both, but no luck.
    Also tried Ryan's Homestore, Debenhams, etc.

Will try online.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

39steps wrote: »

Have tried Dunnes, Tesco, Easons, Home Store and More, Harry Corry, New Look - all seem to be stocking bamboo ones at the moment.

Aldi will have glass travel mugs with silicone lids from Sunday. Not ceramic granted, but closer to what you want than bamboo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

RMDrive wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere to do a few hours work on the computer tomorrow, while the kids are doing something in NUIG. I presume I can't just walk in and use one of the reading rooms? Would the public library be an option?

Thanks.

If your bringing your own laptop just look for an open room and work away.

• Advertisement

39steps wrote: »

I have the type of thing you want, but I cant attach a photo of it here, if you want a look and can guide me on how to get the image to u, I'll happily send it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Guffy wrote: »
    If your bringing your own laptop just look for an open room and work away.

Yeah I think the campus tends to be open from around 8am to about 5pm on th eweekend but you might get lucky. I think the NUIG computer rooms need an access code but if you have your own computer you should be ok. There are quieter places if you know the layout well, I would suggest the geography area down from the BOI bank. But you might find your own thing, rooms should be open along teh main concourse corridor i would think. Think the classrooms are there towards the bank more tahn elsewhere. You might have some company there though.

There's a campus library but I think you need a student card to get into it.
    May be wifi around the campus too. not sure if you can access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Anywhere in town do christening presents ?

The Treasure Chest or Faller's have a good stock of Christening gifts

Success, got one in TK Maxx!

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I'm looking for architect recommendations, for a house extension project in Oranmore. It'll be a small enough job for an architect, but we'd like to make sure we get the design right. I've asked around in work but not making much progress.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the city to do a Toyota service etc.? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Are there any butchers in the city that sell bones. I'm interested in making a bone broth. I usually go into butchers to buy meats but I've never asked for bones. I'm looking for bones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the city to do a Toyota service etc.? Cheers

Try Ballybrit Tyre & Exhaust. Dont be fooled by the name, I find them sound to talk to and generally reasonable on price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭ratracer

owlbethere wrote: »
    Are there any butchers in the city that sell bones. I'm interested in making a bone broth. I usually go into butchers to buy meats but I've never asked for bones. I'm looking for bones.

I would imagine any proper butcher shop ( as opposed to shops selling prepacked meats) will have bones. Mine always gives me bones for the dog, I’m not in the city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

The butchers up by renmore got them for me years back, had to ring in advance of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you want to make it for health purposes it's better to get organic bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

Hi all. Does anyone know a good packaging supplier in Galway? I am looking for rolls of Bubble wrap for packing products. Thanks.

Caulfields , at the Oranmore warehouse. Only one type on the website but there is a variety out there

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Does anyone know where you can get fish suitable for sushi? Never looked for it, so don't know if it's common or not. Was thinking of trying Mary's..

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I'd try the more traditional butchers. There's on eon Mainguard st the right fork at the bottom of Shop st that leads down to the canal/Gardai station.
    THere's also a pork butchers on the road that leads up the far side of St Nicholas rd that seems to do its own stuff. I was surprised to see pigs trotters in there a few days ago.
    Also think there's one in Briarhill , one in the Westside shopping centre area.

Not sure how meat is brought to current meat sellers,. If it is already packaged or cut before delivery otherwise. But I think at least those first 2 do things themselves.

I read a few years ago about old meat cuts that disappeared as supply dropped to cater to the more popular cuts. Now not sure what happens to the rest of the carcass. But I don't think you can put a full carcass together from the cuts you get in a supermarket anyway.
    There's bits missing like. Used to be soul food and the kind of cuts the poorer consumer would eat would come from parts i think are just wasted at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

cefh17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can get fish suitable for sushi? Never looked for it, so don't know if it's common or not. Was thinking of trying Mary's..

https://eatmorefish.ie/product/organic-salmon-belly-otoro/

These guys are based out in ballybane I think and have a stand at the market at the weekends. Seem honest about what they are selling so would be my first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Mary's is a good bet give them a call.

Or give Galway Bay Seafoods a ring. My wife used to treat me to it years ago and was able to get salmon and tuna from there. Typically the Tuna is imported but the odd time they catch one locally out by inis mor.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭tmh106

https://eatmorefish.ie/product/organic-salmon-belly-otoro/

These guys are based out in ballybane I think and have a stand at the market at the weekends. Seem honest about what they are selling so would be my first choice

eatmorefish.ie is better know as Gannet fishmongers and they are excellent. Their shop is in Ballybane Industrial estate, opposite side of the road to McDonaghs.

Mary's Fish is also very good, their shop is off the Old Monivea Rd in Ballybrit (I think there is a signpost for it on the Old Monivea Rd.

Either of these should be able to sort you out. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,804 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Facemask
    Where do I get one and how much do they cost?

zell12 wrote: »
    Facemask

If you are talking about breathing masks and not the beauty treatments,
    most chemists will have the paper surgical masks at about 2e each, I was tole to get a mask that is used by painters/builders, I got a pack of 2 in B&Q for less than 5e.
    McDonagh's in westside would have that type as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

zell12 wrote: »
    Facemask

University pharmacy opposite UHG were advertising them on their Facebook page yesterday. Other pharmacies may have them if you ask at the medicines counter. Not sure of the cost.

Advertisement