Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

flazio wrote: »
    Is there anywhere still allowed to be open that would sell head shearers.
    Boots?

Answered your own question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

flazio wrote: »
    Is there anywhere still allowed to be open that would sell head shearers.
    Boots?

Yep boots sell them, reasonable prices too

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Are there any barbers open now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

matt360 wrote: »
    Are there any barbers open now?

I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Are any of the Print service shops still open? Need to get some files printed and scanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Hi guys, trying to hook up a friend with some accom in Galway. She is a local and a medical professional but needs to move out for a few months while working, for social distancing. If any of ye know or have any small units of accom that are available for the next few months but not up on Daft yet, it'd be a great way to help a healthcare worker and so, so appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

^^^ contact by PM only thx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Anyone know re CityBin bags can these still be bought anywhere for household or small business use

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭buzz11

DuhJerk wrote: »
    Are any of the Print service shops still open? Need to get some files printed and scanned

Print/Ink supply shop on Dominick St was open today when I passed earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anyone know where I can order a frying pan?
    Could use amazon but hoping to keep my money more local. Will have a look in dunnes next time I'm in it but looking for options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

xckjoo wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can order a frying pan?
    Could use amazon but hoping to keep my money more local. Will have a look in dunnes next time I'm in it but looking for options

Dunnes deffo have them. If any of the Asian shops are open some have them. Think I saw one/some in the one near Sally Longs. Not sure if Mr Price is open (they sell food too) but they have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Bredabe

inisboffin wrote: »
    Dunnes deffo have them. If any of the Asian shops are open some have them. Think I saw one/some in the one near Sally Longs. Not sure if Mr Price is open (they sell food too) but they have some.

Mr Price is open in Westside, they are operating a q'ing system tho.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Looking for kids play sand in or around Galway City. Smyths dont have a delivery option for it

Anyone know where I can photocopy a few pages in the westside area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

The Cool wrote: »
    Hi guys, trying to hook up a friend with some accom in Galway. She is a local and a medical professional but needs to move out for a few months while working, for social distancing. If any of ye know or have any small units of accom that are available for the next few months but not up on Daft yet, it'd be a great way to help a healthcare worker and so, so appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112989926#post112989926

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

The Cool wrote: »

The choice hotel group are offering free hotel rooms to hse staff. You contact them through their social media . The hotels they have in Galway are hardiman g hotel and house hotel . Just saw it there on Galway bay fm Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Anyone know a plumber available under current conditions?

Overflow pipe under the roof eaves has water running out, particularly when heat is on.

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

paulgalway wrote: »
    Anyone know a plumber available under current conditions?

Overflow pipe under the roof eaves has water running out, particularly when heat is on.

TIA.

Sure sign the ballcock in the smaller of the two tanks (heating header tank) in the attic is not shutting off fully when the tank fills. Not a plumber but this has happened to me twice in the lifetime of this house so far & on each occasion the above was the cause.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Sure sign the ballcock in the smaller of the two tanks (heating header tank) in the attic is not shutting off fully when the tank fills. Not a plumber but this has happened to me twice in the lifetime of this house so far & on each occasion the above was the cause.

You get a plumber to fix it? Was the ballcock changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

paulgalway wrote: »
    You get a plumber to fix it? Was the ballcock changed?

Yes replaced by a plumber I got from local paper ad. No idea who he was.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

ArtyC wrote: »
    The choice hotel group are offering free hotel rooms to hse staff. You contact them through their social media . The hotels they have in Galway are hardiman g hotel and house hotel . Just saw it there on Galway bay fm Facebook

Unfortunately methinks that the offer is for use when this is all over. Validity from July 2020 to mid 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

westgolf wrote: »
    Unfortunately methinks that the offer is for use when this is all over. Validity from July 2020 to mid 2021.

The vouchers had all gone by the time Galway Bay FM posted the link. An Westgolf is correct, it was for use for one night only from July onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Anywhere open I could get a brake block for a child's bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm pretty sure bike shops are allowed to be open. I just saw a post on FB from West Side Cycles that they definitely are. Also it looks like Halfords are still open. I'd start there with some phone calls tomorrow.

youngrun wrote: »
    Anyone know re CityBin bags can these still be bought anywhere for household or small business use

Very irritatingly they did away with those a few years ago, if you want to have wheelie bin free household collection you have to have a special exemption to not use a wheelie bin and the only place that seems to collect is barna recycling, you don't just seem to be able to buy a bag from citybin and put it out like you used to be able to https://www.galwaycity.ie/pay-by-weight/pay-by-weight-info#5

If you're on certain streets in the city centre and are a business user you can still buy bags and put them out but you buy them by the roll not per bag
    https://www.walshwaste.com/products/galway-city-bin-bag

I'm not sure if theres others for other parts of the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Need to find a photocopier in Galway city ? just need to copy a few pages ...some place that would be open during the day

A couple of Supermarkets have Photocopiers I think. From distant memory, Duggan's Renmore ...any other suggestions?

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Need to find a photocopier in Galway city ? just need to copy a few pages ...some place that would be open during the day

A couple of Supermarkets have Photocopiers I think. From distant memory, Duggan's Renmore ...any other suggestions?

Chat and net in eyre st, still open going by their fb page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Bredabe wrote: »
    Chat and net in eyre st, still open going by their fb page.

Was assuming they would be closed

Advertisement