Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Psychlops wrote: »
    Anybody seen Cadburys Boost Protein Bars around the city in shops? they are becoming hard to find :-)

Saw them in ALDI today, €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    Anywhere east of the city or near the hospital for re-heeling a pair of high heels.
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭ratracer

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    Anywhere east of the city or near the hospital for re-heeling a pair of high heels.
    Thanks,
    Pa

There is (or was) a cobbler at the shops in Mervue.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks,
    Pa
    Abbeygate Street - Edmunds - really good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Can anyone recommend a good mortgage advisor in Galway city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't know of any but this may be of interest to you

https://lovin.ie/sponsored/were-hosting-a-first-time-buyers-summit-in-galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

FitzShane wrote: »
    I don't know of any but this may be of interest to you

https://lovin.ie/sponsored/were-hosting-a-first-time-buyers-summit-in-galway

Thanks but we are not first time buyers. Bought a house in 2003 and sold in 2013 when we had to emigrate for work. We are in the not very often mentioned category of not first time buyers and not selling a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

http://www.orlamurray.com/services/mortgages/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Looking for Radiator Bracket Clips. The little plastic clips that go on radiator brackets, to stop them clicking due to the metal expanding at different rates. Had 9 radiators installed, 3 are Myson and did not have the little plastic clips. The rads click every time the boiler fires.

The supplier has been in contact with Myson for literally months, and the cant seem to get the clips.
    Can you post an image? I reckon there might be a diy / upcycle solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Can you post an image? I reckon there might be a diy / upcycle solution.

I ordered some off of eBay. Very difficult to get them anywhere, even online. The ones I ordered, I am not even sure they will work. They are 3D printed versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Anyone know if lift in galway NCT centre back up and running?

Can't get through on phone to ask them directly.

Website says to ring and see if lift working again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

kal7 wrote: »
    Anyone know if lift in galway NCT centre back up and running?

Can't get through on phone to ask them directly.

Website says to ring and see if lift working again

One lift is working
    you’ve a 1 in 5 chance of getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Where is the NCT backup centre? Someone I know needs to get an appointment pronto, but there's no slots available til April. Anyone know of you can walk in and wait on the off chance of a no show or cancellation?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Morby wrote: »
    Where is the NCT backup centre? Someone I know needs to get an appointment pronto, but there's no slots available til April. Anyone know of you can walk in and wait on the off chance of a no show or cancellation?

If you need it quick, phone the central helpdesk rather than use the online portal and they will slot you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Morby wrote: »
    Within an hour of Galway city there's centres in Ennis, Ballinalsoe, Athlone and Clifden if you're willing to travel a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Morby has a thread in Motors forum, please use that
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058058668

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Does anyone who does photo mounting services? Someone reached out to me looking for 30 photos, trying to cost and getting a price

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

Can anyone recommend a jewellers to get a stone replaced on a ring.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Anyone know where/if they still sell Lucky Bags anywhere in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

DuhJerk wrote: »
    Anyone know where/if they still sell Lucky Bags anywhere in town?

I'm sure I've seen some in Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

skinny90 wrote: »
    Does anyone who does photo mounting services? Someone reached out to me looking for 30 photos, trying to cost and getting a price

Davitts in Salthill do printing, mounting and framing, always do a great job and loads of choice for media, mounting and frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Could anyone recommend a plasterer in Galway?

Do you have the stone? Or does it need a new one?
    yayaitsme wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a jewellers to get a stone replaced on a ring.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

Do you have the stone? Or does it need a new one?

I need to get a new one fitted

I guess a jeweller then?
    There's a really good repair guy on Abbeygate street but I don't know if he does new stones - you could always ask him. The entrance is opposite the lighthouse cafe/next to the beauticians, he's on the first floor. His name is Ray, not sure what his actual business is called but he's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

Hi - any recommendations for roofers/soffit/fascia fitters in Galway city please? I'm pretty out of my comfort zone even researching the topic (via DM please, I think per forum rules) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know where I can find a plug(like a phone charger) but with a round plug on the end that goes into the item.
    Like the sort of thing used to charge an electric screwdriver

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You mean an AC adapter? Most electrical stores would have those.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

I guess a jeweller then?
    There's a really good repair guy on Abbeygate street but I don't know if he does new stones - you could always ask him. The entrance is opposite the lighthouse cafe/next to the beauticians, he's on the first floor. His name is Ray, not sure what his actual business is called but he's excellent.

Ray O'Connell is very highly recommended. I can't seem to find his number online, but you'd be as well to call ahead, his hours can be a small bit irregular sometimes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭RonnieL

theintern wrote: »
    Ray O'Connell is very highly recommended. I can't seem to find his number online, but you'd be as well to call ahead, his hours can be a small bit irregular sometimes :)

I've found Ray to be excellent also. His number is 0868117222.

Advertisement