Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Spn744

Sky Sports & Sport Extra pack currently €30 per month for 6 Months. Does anyone know if you get HD as standard without the HD package? Seems crazy charging €8 extra just to watch the sport in high definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Stewball

Spn744 wrote: »
    Sky Sports & Sport Extra pack currently €30 per month for 6 Months. Does anyone know if you get HD as standard without the HD package? Seems crazy charging €8 extra just to watch the sport in high definition.

I think Premier Sports 1 & 2 included in the Sport Extra pack is HD - but you have to stump up the €8 for Sky Sports & BT Sports HD channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Spn744

Stewball wrote: »
    I think Premier Sports 1 & 2 included in the Sport Extra pack is HD - but you have to stump up the €8 for Sky Sports & BT Sports HD channels.

I thought the same, thanks for replying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Elias79

There is an offer up for me to upgrade to sports and movies for 6 months at 24.50 per month. Do you think that's the best deal around? Haven't seen anything better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Elias79 wrote: »
    There is an offer up for me to upgrade to sports and movies for 6 months at 24.50 per month. Do you think that's the best deal around? Haven't seen anything better than that.

It's €49 without any offers, so you're getting a very good deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Denny61

It's €49 without any offers, so you're getting a very good deal there.

Yes that is a brilliant offer....considering you would spend that much on a few groceries you fit in to your pocket .yet all the movies you can watch plus sport in one month...its a no brainer..go for it

Denny61 wrote: »
    Yes that is a brilliant offer....considering you would spend that much on a few groceries you fit in to your pocket .yet all the movies you can watch plus sport in one month...its a no brainer..go for it

I pay it generally for the sport, I get sports extra as well. I need my football fix. I know theres other means of getting it, but it's not worth the hassle. Movies is discounted to €9 when you have sports, so it's worth getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Any decent offers on broadband for existing customers ? Ive it been offered €39 for 12 months. I have TV too and getting the standard 35% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭celt262

Any decent offers on broadband for existing customers ? Ive it been offered €39 for 12 months. I have TV too and getting the standard 35% off.

39 for 12 months is good enough value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

celt262 wrote: »
    39 for 12 months is good enough value

Meh when new customers can get it for €30 it doesn't seem great. I might switch to Vodafone who offer the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Meh when new customers can get it for €30 it doesn't seem great. I might switch to Vodafone who offer the same.

Very true.
    It's about time these companies gave the same "new customer" offers to existing customers.
    Just ring and cancel the service and be prepared to move if they don't offer you a deal to stay.
    No reason to stay if offer doesn't suit as there's enough choices out there nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

12 month Sky contract due to end in December. I am paying €84 p/m for basic + Sky Sports, BT sport's and Sports extra.

Anyone think I'd get a cheaper deal if I rang up or is this the cheapest?

kayjay123 wrote: »
    12 month Sky contract due to end in December. I am paying €84 p/m for basic + Sky Sports, BT sport's and Sports extra.

Anyone think I'd get a cheaper deal if I rang up or is this the cheapest?

Thats really good, as the retail price for both sport packages is 70+. You'll probably get a discount if you sign a contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Anyone getting any good loyalty deals from Sky lately? On Variety pack, Bb and landline(never used) paying €68 going up to €96 when out of contract next month

Also does anyone know if you can get BT Sport pack without Sky Sports

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Stewball

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Anyone getting any good loyalty deals from Sky lately? On Variety pack, Bb and landline(never used) paying €68 going up to €96 when out of contract next month

Thanks

The BT pack is €17pm without SS for the first six months - goes up to €34pm after that.

You can cancel before the price hike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

jkmanc1974 wrote: »

Thanks

I just got an offer to upgrade to Sky Q for free. Saving the €155 installation and keeping my existing package. Paying €59 p/m at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I rang them last week as I my current offers on sky sports and sports extra were up. They have given me both again for 1/2 price for 6 months so happy with that. Dropped the monthly cost a lot. Ill ring again when up again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Spoke with them online via their messenger service today - 3 hours to get offered the grand total of €5 off from €96 to €91 once contract expired

Time to head elsewhere for BB

My half price sports and movies offer ended in March so I just cancelled it and didn't bother looking for any offers because of the lack of sport on at the time. They ended up ringing during the week and offered a Sky Q box with free installation/the subscription at the same price as my current one with sky plus and sky sports/BT sports and movies for 29 euro a month extra. I haven't seen anything better than that on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Elias79 wrote: »
    My half price sports and movies offer ended in March so I just cancelled it and didn't bother looking for any offers because of the lack of sport on at the time. They ended up ringing during the week and offered a Sky Q box with free installation/the subscription at the same price as my current one with sky plus and sky sports/BT sports and movies for 29 euro a month extra. I haven't seen anything better than that on offer.

What’s your price now?

ctlsleh wrote: »
    What’s your price now?

120 a month for phone, broadband and tv

We got a lot of discounts applied in June, so our price until January is €142. For this we got phone/internet multiroom tv, hd, Sky and BT Sports along with Sky Movies.

It's a decent price in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Glad I found this thread :) We were paying ~€50 the past few years for a pretty basic bundle, called today to cancel but was offered the service for €20 p/m for the next 12 months with no contract and cancel with 31 days notice which is fair enough. We lose HD but for the amount we use it, paying that isn't too bad I suppose.
    Was on the phone for over an hour on hold though :rolleyes:

OREGATO wrote: »
    Was on the phone for over an hour on hold though :rolleyes:

An hour!
    Hope you dialed them on the right number ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

okidoki987 wrote: »
    An hour!
    Hope you dialed them on the right number ;).

Used the freephone number I found thanks to this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

I rang them a few times this week and no answer after automated stuff just keeps ringing then, anyone get trough to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

meath4sam wrote: »
    I rang them a few times this week and no answer after automated stuff just keeps ringing then, anyone get trough to them.

https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
    Fill this in they will ring you

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

is 35% the best offer still ? had a missed call and was thinking of going back if there is a better offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    is 35% the best offer still ? had a missed call and was thinking of going back if there is a better offer

Got a come back call today offering 12 months for new Signature pack. 40% off. Works out just over €21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Offered me signature with box sets for 23
    Cancelled anyway hardly watch sky anymore

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement

Double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dingaan

Sky called me yesterday after I completed the form mentioned earlier in this thread.
    I got 35% off TV & Internet for the next 12 months. There is probably a better deal available if you push through with cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Cancelled TV a few weeks back on the old variety package, got offered the new equivalent for €56 but wanted closer to new customer offer of tv & broadband for €55. Broadband is out of contract in a few weeks so will be on again for the same conversations.

Got offered the same as last year in “my sky” yesterday of 35% off tv which I will take & look to get broadband off them for around €30 which is what your man let slip is what they match from competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Qprmeath wrote: »

I've just submitted that form, let's see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Qprmeath wrote: »

I have sent this off as well so will give an update when I hear from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir. Worst service ever now that I act would be half of an offer I’ve had no call from sky. Service turned off today and they have sent us the returns parcel. Has anyone revived a call with an offer at this stage? I tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details. Different surname from me and it wouldn’t let me. A warning came up saying looks like you might be a customer who has left within the last few weeks. This order can’t be completed!!! Raging.

Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danois wrote: »
    Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir.
    tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details.
    Bit of a contradiction there no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!

NAW.... I got installation for €25. No one pays €110++

The €23 is about right BUT make sure they give you a 2TB box (can easily slip you a smaller 1TB if you not looking!)

Also... got them to split teh LNB into 2+2 (2 for Q and 2 for the Freeview using the old Sky+ box in bedroom!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

There's an offer in Sky VIP app at the moment for free q box and mulitiscreen for €19 or €35+€19 pm for the 2TB box. Platinum customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

muffler wrote: »
    Bit of a contradiction there no?

Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

On a side note avoid Eir at all costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭celt262

Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

Would it be possible to miss spell part of your address so there system would not pick up on it? Carrick - Carrcik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ring them
    tell them you just moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Has anyone ever got the half price for 9 months (TV/Broadband/Phone) and a discount on Sky Sports? The €40 on Sky Sports is a killer.

I left Sky few months ago and never got any "come back to SKY" offers.

€19 a month for multi room is also dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Rang today as my sub is up ....no change 🀔 paying 55p/m for the old essentials and kids .....new customers getting more or less the same for 30 with signature & kids ....can't believe sky still pulling this ****e

Vego wrote: »
    Rang today as my sub is up ....no change �� paying 55p/m for the old essentials and kids .....new customers getting more or less the same for 30 with signature & kids ....can't believe sky still pulling this ****e

Leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

celt262 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to miss spell part of your address so there system would not pick up on it? Carrick - Carrcik

Just say 34 street name flat B

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I filled in the "Cancel" request form linked here earlier, on Nov 24th, still no contact from Sky. If there's nothing soon, I'm going to have to contact them saying there may have been a mistake!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Vego wrote: »
    Rang today as my sub is up ....no change 🀔 paying 55p/m for the old essentials and kids .....new customers getting more or less the same for 30 with signature & kids ....can't believe sky still pulling this ****e

Looks like I'm staying with sky ...got quite a discount 👌

Advertisement