Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ieoin wrote: »
    Just spent 50 mins on the phone, please help me!
    This post has been deleted.

Of course he didn't.... @ 50 minutes the conversation is only getting started . It takes at least an hour and a half to cancel or a few calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Yes I canceled was put on hold a few times.
    Basically wanted to downgrade the bundle and multiroom option in order to reduce bill.
    Best they could do is '15%' off.
    She said CPW have the same offers and that you can't combine discounts such as the Variety pack with the Sky Sports offer i.e the reduced 28 & 20 euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

ieoin wrote: »
    Yes I canceled was put on hold a few times.
    Basically wanted to downgrade the bundle and multiroom option in order to reduce bill.
    Best they could do is '15%' off.
    She said CPW have the same offers and that you can't combine discounts such as the Variety pack with the Sky Sports offer i.e the reduced 28 & 20 euro a month

Also the cashback offer is basically worthless as well cos an engineer needs to come out an install what ever god knows which would cost extra.
    ''Sky go has all the channels''
    ''sky is more expensive as it is a better product than the competition''
    start going on about evison and broadband then cos is streams over the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ive been without for about 4 weeks now and havent been contacted by them.
    To be honest I`m not really missing it, apart from the record feature.

using the Sky box as a FTA box now and its suiting me fine. Initially I thought I would go back if they rang and gave me a decent order but to be honest, it will have to be something pretty spectacular to lure me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

adox wrote: »

using the Sky box as a FTA box now and its suiting me fine. Initially I thought I would go back if they rang and gave me a decent order but to be honest, it will have to be something pretty spectacular to lure me back.

Ring them up and pretend you got a call from someone about a deal last week and whats the best they can do. Prob get 50% off for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Going to ring tomorrow to cancel my Sky TV and broadband! I rang last month to do it but forgot the broadband contract was a month behind TV so I left it, going to cancel everything now! What is the best way to go about it, I have to stay with sky as other services aren't available in my area, I just don't want to be paying full prices ( I was on last years groupon deal)

When I rang last month I said I couldn't justify paying the extra once the deal expired and they offered to cancel my movies and HD which would reduce the bill, ideally I'd like to stay on my current deal for another year!

I might ring and say I've been offered X deal by UPC or Eircom and say I'll stay if they match it? Any tips on how to get the best deal out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

re tv just say you are cancelling

re broadband have a look at the eircom and vodafone offer on their websites and compare to see what offers they would give to new customers. thats the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

adox wrote: »

Same boat as you but also have Kodi as well as fta

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Same boat as you but also have Kodi as well as fta

Well yeah I have Netflix, an online footie sub and "other means" too.

Can also pick up freeview on the tv upstairs with an old aerial we have on the roof connected to it as that tv has a Freeview HD receiver built in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Cancelled last week they have sent me an invoice for a few days in October as I was over my 12 months. it includes €5.08 of an invoice admin fee which I have no intention of paying. has anybody else being hit with these underhand charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I cancelled mine about 2 months ago, so was cut off around a month ago and this week, I got a letter offering me "50% off any Sky TV Bundle for 12 months" or a "free Samsung 32 TV with half price Sky Sports for 3 months".

I would have taken the 50% deal if they offered it when I was cancelling but I'll stick with the alternative means for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So far I'm managing with FTA and a Freesat card and Miracast/streaming from the laptop to the TV for the local stuff (RTE news etc)

It'd be nice if there was a way to get all of the "regular" channels in consistent decent quality over Internet ('d even pay for it! :)) Ideally I just want a little box that sits under the TV, with a remote, and I can just access the channels and Plex for my local media. I'm aware of Kodi but a lot of those streams are poor in my experience and Kodi itself is just such a pain to setup in the first place.

Will see what/if Sky offer but so far I'm not really missing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It'd be nice if there was a way to get all of the "regular" channels in consistent decent quality over Internet. Ideally I just want a little box that sits under the TV, with a remote, and I can just access the channels.

An Android box is your starting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Cancelled last week they have sent me an invoice for a few days in October as I was over my 12 months. it includes €5.08 of an invoice admin fee which I have no intention of paying. has anybody else being hit with these underhand charges?

Nope

Anybody ever get a discount off the call out charge?
    Have a problem with a box 14 months old and Sky looking for €60 for an engineer to call out.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Yes. Don't pay the €60. Tell Sky straight up that you won't pay it and they will re-credit your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Have a problem with a box 14 months old and Sky looking for €60 for an engineer to call out.
    R Iu out of contract if do cancel they will quickly drop the fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I swore I would never go back to them.....but I gave in:rolleyes:. I cancelled last January and they have been ringing me non stop since. So last week I finally spoke to them, and they are giving me 5 months free and after that 19 euro per month. That is the Variety pack. No contract though. I can cancel at any time and most likely will after the 5 months are up. I was paying over 30 euro per month before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

okidoki987 wrote: »

I've never heard of anyone ever paying that charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Did you cancel your DD by any chance? If so, that's your fault

Avada wrote: »
    Did you cancel your DD by any chance? If so, that's your fault
    Never went on do with them just paid the 15 yo yo s by card every month not sure how it would be my fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Never went on do with them just paid the 15 yo yo s by card every month not sure how it would be my fault

I said if so, in your case its not. Just log onto your sky online account and make the payment (less €5.08).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Maybe there's an admin charge for non dd customers.

jca wrote: »
    Maybe there's an admin charge for non dd customers.

Either way I wait for them to come back to me as the invoice is in dispute as far as I'm concerned. Paying the total less the charge would give it validity which is the last thing I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Sky are ringing me 2/3 a day since I cancelled a couple of months ago. Buying a house at the moment so once things are settled I might answer the call!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So the cheapest I can find Sports + HD + Variety/Basic is €48. 1 Year is up in a week or 2 and they haven't offered anything better yet. Is this the best I'm looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

sheroman01 wrote: »
    So the cheapest I can find Sports + HD + Variety/Basic is €48. 1 Year is up in a week or 2 and they haven't offered anything better yet. Is this the best I'm looking at?

This is price I got last week but mine has multi screen added for a few euro that allows extre tablets and phones and consoles use sky go. We don't even use that service but too much hassle to call and close that. I think that's Costing me €6 within that total of €48 per month for me

So you should possibly get it to €48-€6=€42

Out of contract & deffo don't want to pay them anything more than I have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

On the phone to sky now to cancel, 20 minutes so far!
    Being offered fibre broadband and variety bundle for €68 for 6 months, €88 for remaining 6 months!

*Update* Managed to get it €59 for 9 months, up to €88 then for final 3 months! Still on the phone!

Advertisement