Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

minty81 wrote: »
    I believe JP specifically requested it to be divided evenly between clubs so can't see the county board doing anything other than that
    Yeah saw that this morning. Fair enough I suppose, it's his money. I think it could be better spent, but it's always welcome as jj says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Village87

brookville wrote: »
    yea got some form of a heart attack i was told.

What caused this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭brookville

Village87 wrote: »
    yea got some form of a heart attack i was told.

What caused this ?
    not sure hopefully he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

It's none of our business what caused it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What caused this ?

Why do you want to know? :confused:

• Advertisement

Why do you want to know? :confused:

Is it a similar problem like Conor Phelan and a few players had where they had to stop playing for a short time ? Just a player i would like to see in championship hurling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭mrbango

Village87 wrote:
    Is it a similar problem like Conor Phelan and a few players had where they had to stop playing for a short time ? Just a player i would like to see in championship hurling

Id say a lot of young people will start to have heart problems soon based on the queues for cubicles in langtons every saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

mrbango wrote: »
    Id say a lot of young people will start to have heart problems soon based on the queues for cubicles in langtons every saturday night!

Was wondering has every club the same problem and is it now the norm.
    Don't anyone kid yourselves thinking it not going on in your club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Are you implying something about the player that was mentioned, I would like to wish him the best in his recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Are you implying something about the player that was mentioned, I would like to wish him the best in his recovery.

Certainly not don't know the chap at all.
    Other than seeing he is fine hurler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

Carrickshock v Erin's Own - Carrickshock by 3
    Clara v O' Loughlin's - Clara by 3
    Dicksboro v Shamrocks - 'Boro by 4
    Bennettsbridge v Mullinavat - 'Bridge by 4
    St. Martin's v Glenmore - St. Martin's by 5

all very hard to call.. I think Clara might upset OLG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Can Shamrocks be as good again? If they can I can't see Boro keeping with them. However it would be very hard to put in back to back performances of that quality so I'd give a very slight nod to Boro, hopefully it's a cracking match.

all very hard to call.. I think Clara might upset OLG
    i agree very hard to call.Id be suprised if clara beat olg.they have a few key players injured kenny,lester and now sean o shea are huge losses for them.If olg tie up bolger they might struggle.
    vegas have a good recent record against the bridge and with simon aylward back id give them a slight nod.
    the boro v shamrocks has the potential to be a cracker there should be a big crowd in callan.i seen the boro against the bridge and although it was only the league there very efficient and are coming into good form.I was dissapointed with bragget but you'd have to be impressed with the shamrocks the other night.Colin was very dangerous and evan shefflin and richie reid can score long range points.They also have mick fennelly and conor walsh to come back i think ballyhale will squeak over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 swengall

Carrickshock v Erin's Own - Comer to get job done this time around
    Clara v O' Loughlin's - OLG with a bit to spare, Clara have stayed up and with injuries etc will be glad to winter and re group for 2019
    Dicksboro v Shamrocks - should be a right game, Shamrocks to win in a close encounter, lack of championship game may go against Boro
    Bennettsbridge v Mullinavat - Vegas to continue good record v Bridge, their better balance to get them through, as well as tough game v Rower
    St. Martin's v Glenmore - Glenmore to make most of second chance

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Marrooned

What a weekend for hurling I fancy o'loughlins against Clara, Mullinavat against Bennettsbridge Erin's own against Carrickshock and hopefully Dicksboro against Ballyhale Shamrocks. I think things are starting to hot up and players are starting to show form, now is the time to spot the potential county players.

is it true the boro are down 3 or 4 lads from last years county final team?doheny,gough and buckley,huge losses if true.
    does anyone know if jason cleere can play tomor because he got sent off last year against the vat and tomorrow is championship or am i making a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

is it true the boro are down 3 or 4 lads from last years county final team?doheny,gough and buckley,huge losses if true.
    does anyone know if jason cleere can play tomor because he got sent off last year against the vat and tomorrow is championship or am i making a mistake?
    Yep, apparently so. Will be a tall order for them to beat Ballyhale

i see comer beat the shocks.i cant attend the matches today due to a family event.Any report appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Just in from the Comer/Shocks match. Not exactly a riveting encounter, Comer came out on top by 2.

The first 25 or so minutes couldn't have gone much worse for Comer as they trailed 8 points to 1 approaching half time, both teams tipped over 2 more points before the break Shocks going in 10-3 up having had the assistance of a fairly decent breeze. Shocks were value for their lead without ever looking anything special. They cleaned up on Comers puckouts in the first half funnelling back their half forwards and midfielders to win possession, in fairness to Comers backs they dealt fairly reasonably with the Shocks forward line and a lot of Carrickshocks first half total came from Kevin Farrell and Rice.

It was a totally different story in the second half, Comer moved Fogarty to midfield at the very end of the first half and he helped them to gain a foothold in the middle third of the pitch. However, the main difference was Michael Murphy came thundering into the game in the Second half, he got three brilliant points from play in about a ten minute sequence, John Dalton who had easily handled high ball after high ball into the square was the shifted out to deal with Murphy, a few minutes later another high ball was sent in around the house, Anthony Owens broke it down, and sub Dunne who had been inexplicably left on the 14 by himself gathered and finished.

Carrickshock will be wondering what went wrong in the Second half, they seemed to be clinging on to the hope that they could win a few frees to see them over the line as Comer chipped away at the lead. To be honest if Richie Hogan fires in the relegation final I think C'Shock could be in a bit of bother.

As for Comer they will go into a quarter final with nothing to lose and could pose a physical challenge to a Village team which isn't huge, however it'd take a huge performance for them to pull off an upset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Carrickshock were 0-10 0-01 ahead 2 mins before half time. So depending on your point of view, an amazing comeback by Comer, or a bad collapse by Carrickshock. It was probably somewhere in between. Hard way to lose for Carrickshock, they might find it hard to puck themselves up for the Relegation final after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Well done to ballycallan today in the u13 a final. Great to see a team from outside the city winning underage in roinn a

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Shocks V Comer:
    Wouldn't disagree much with what was already said about this match in previous posts, Massive credit to Michael Murphy who really took the the game to the shocks in second half and was outstanding not for the first time of recent games. He a big man with great hands and I know he was previously on Senior panel for a league panel and age profile not on his side also while possibly not mobile enough too but there def hurlers not to the same quality on this years panel. Shocks were flawless first half with Eanna Martin getting a great score and Farrell got a peach too near sideline but was like watching a different team in second half as forwards couldnt get into game at all. Comer goal came from wing forward left unmarked in acres of space and picked of break from Owens to score. Comer forwards not great and dont see an upset with Village next week

Gmore V Muckalee:
    This was a very strange game as Glenmore came out guns blazing and had 3-10 scored after 25 minutes to race into a 15point lead. Aylward scored 1-2 ,set up brother Mark for a goal and Ger while also won a penalty that Alan Murphy duly converted. Alan was also excellent in this first 25 min spell and scored 3 points i think from play and some of the scores. Second half was different story as im almost 100% sure but I dont think Glenmore scored anything all half as Muckalee got on top. Colin Mcgrath chipped in with some frees but unlike last week Mulhall wasnt in the game at all and Ollie Walsh got very few opportunities but they did get it back to 6 points.
    Glenmore if can hurl anywhere near like they did first half for full 60mins will cause teams problems espicially when they get fast low ball in to full forward line but need to get more consistency into their game. I believe their goalie is away for next week so that will be a worry for them as not sure what their back up is like

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

kk1970 wrote: »
    Well done to ballycallan today in the u13 a final. Great to see a team from outside the city winning underage in roinn a

First time since 2002 that a country team has won the Tom Ryall Cup and it's fitting it returned to his native parish. What a match! Credit due to both teams who served up a belter, real end to end hurling and a real feature of the game which so many commented on, was the use of ground hurling with some brilliant strikes off the sod!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Comerman

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Shocks V Comer:Massive credit to Michael Murphy who really took the the game to the shocks in second half and was outstanding not for the first time of recent games. He a big man with great hands
    Murphy was outstanding in the 2nd half, Moran put in a busy shift too. Shocks should of wiped out Comer in the first 10 minutes of the second half with the lead they had but failed to do so. Ref was shocking too for both teams.

Comerman wrote: »
    Noddy33 wrote: »
    Shocks V Comer:Massive credit to Michael Murphy who really took the the game to the shocks in second half and was outstanding not for the first time of recent games. He a big man with great hands
    Murphy was outstanding in the 2nd half, Moran put in a busy shift too. Shocks should of wiped out Comer in the first 10 minutes of the second half with the lead they had but failed to do so. Ref was shocking too for both teams.
    how did john power go today he was very good last week?id give danesfort a good chance especially if they can get paddy hogan back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Boro are definitely missing Conor Doheny and Oisin Gough they among others picked up bad injuries in the 5th round game v Mullinavat. From what I've heard everyone else is in contention for tomorrow but I've no idea who will be picked.
    I'm obviously favouring the Boro, Ballyhale have been very inconsistent so far this year they've whooped teams and then been beaten easily by others. Ballyhale have also been on the easier side of the league this year and still struggled to get into the top two. I don't think they will have faced the intensity that the Boro will bring. That's not to say Ballyhale can't handle it but I don't think they will have it as handy as they did against Ballyragget. I do think it'll be very close but I think the Boro bench can make the difference in the run in.

OLG should have too much for Clara but they do struggle against them and OLG are a young team that don't have a huge amount of experience. They should still have enough to get over the line though.

The Bridge v Vat game will be very close and I know most are plumbing for the Vat but I have a sneaky feeling for the Bridge. Well I did anyway until I heard Jason Cleere might be out. If Cleere is missing I'd go for the Vat with Cleere playing (especially if they put him CB) I think they'll have enough too get past the Vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Comerman

how did john power go today he was very good last week?id give danesfort a good chance especially if they can get paddy hogan back.
    Quiet enough compared to the last day's performance. He got a point from the sideline and even I applauded it. He has a talent but to me it's whenever he feels like using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Haven't been to John Locke Park before, anyone give any recommendation for what's easiest for parking? Drive into the pitch or park out on the street and walk in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Big upset in today's first quarter final......Clara recovering from 4 points down late in the game to win by 2.

Full Time
    @ClaraGAA: 2-12(18)
    @oloughlingaels: 0-16(16)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement