Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

laneykin wrote: »
    Haven't been to John Locke Park before, anyone give any recommendation for what's easiest for parking? Drive into the pitch or park out on the street and walk in?

You wouldnt be let park on the pitch id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

Half time Boro 13 points Ballyhale 10. Three penalties for TJ, first deflected over the bar, second wide and third saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

Busy day hurling today.
    o loughlins will have sleepless nights over today they just couldnt shake off a dogged clara who got a late goal from sub john murphy to steal it.James nolan got the first goal but olg just couldnt drive it on when they were ahead.We mustnt forget clara while down 3 or 4 starters have alot of experience.deegan got 3 great scores in the first half but maybe olg should of being a little more direct instead of playing the lines the whole time.
    vegas started well john walsh was electric and jamie fennelly with the 1st.jim culleton the goalie scored a penalty.Blanch was ff and was very dangerous.Aidan cleere very affective getting a goal and a few nice points.Jason cleere didnt play while sean morriesy was wing back.Enda and rob lennon both very good but vegas only got 2 points in the 2nd half.
    A large crowd as expected in callan and a very good first half played at high tempo the boro had a 3 point lead with the wind at half time but tj scored 1-3 inside a few mins of the 2nd half which seemed to take the wind out of the boro and kill the match.
    the main talking points in the 1st half was the 3 penalties,2 well saved and one wide but tj was brillant in the 2nd half. think he finished with 1-15
    colin caused mayhem full foward winning the penalties although the 3rd one was harsh but they isolated him 1 on 1 inside and he was very dangerous.
    ballyhale look very good although maybe slightly concerned bout there fowards in the first half in particular outside tj and adrian mullen scores were scarce where the boro had good spread and sheehan and martin gaffney hurling well but eoin cody was very sharp when he came on and colin on his day is very hard manage.The game was over after tjs goal which was dissapointing for the boro.Buckley while not a 100 percent was in a lot of ball and tried very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Semi Final draw:
    Clara v BBridge
    Shamrocks v Comer/Village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Where does the Mullinavat = Vegas thing come from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Any intermediate hurling on this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Any intermediate hurling on this weekend?
    First round replay yesterday; Glenmore 3.15 St Martins 0-14

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭blackcard

Where does the Mullinavat = Vegas thing come from?
    I presume it is because they are down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭blackcard

brookville wrote: »
    Busy day hurling today.
    o loughlins will have sleepless nights over today they just couldnt shake off a dogged clara who got a late goal from sub john murphy to steal it.James nolan got the first goal but olg just couldnt drive it on when they were ahead.We mustnt forget clara while down 3 or 4 starters have alot of experience.deegan got 3 great scores in the first half but maybe olg should of being a little more direct instead of playing the lines the whole time.
    vegas started well john walsh was electric and jamie fennelly with the 1st.jim culleton the goalie scored a penalty.Blanch was ff and was very dangerous.Aidan cleere very affective getting a goal and a few nice points.Jason cleere didnt play while sean morriesy was wing back.Enda and rob lennon both very good but vegas only got 2 points in the 2nd half.
    A large crowd as expected in callan and a very good first half played at high tempo the boro had a 3 point lead with the wind at half time but tj scored 1-3 inside a few mins of the 2nd half which seemed to take the wind out of the boro and kill the match.
    the main talking points in the 1st half was the 3 penalties,2 well saved and one wide but tj was brillant in the 2nd half. think he finished with 1-15
    colin caused mayhem full foward winning the penalties although the 3rd one was harsh but they isolated him 1 on 1 inside and he was very dangerous.
    ballyhale look very good although maybe slightly concerned bout there fowards in the first half in particular outside tj and adrian mullen scores were scarce where the boro had good spread and sheehan and martin gaffney hurling well but eoin cody was very sharp when he came on and colin on his day is very hard manage.The game was over after tjs goal which was dissapointing for the boro.Buckley while not a 100 percent was in a lot of ball and tried very hard.
    I thought Conor Murphy did well for the Bridge also. Aidan Cleere ended up with 1-6. Robert Lennon and Joey Holden are arguably the form full backs in in the county. Adrian Mullen impressed today scoring 4 points from play. TJ was the star of the show scoring a wonderful goal and two great points over his shoulder. Hard to see anyone beating Ballyhale

yea really impressed with murphy corner back anytime i seen him.hopefully he'll make the u20s next year he looks a good prospect.The two points tj got were unbelievable.The shamrocks are in a good position alright and have some very good subs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Neewollah

Shamrocks going to win this handy now I reckon. Their county final was today. Bridge Clara comer and the village not at their level. Could be a very one sided county final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Semi Final draw:
    Clara v BBridge

How long ago is it since the Bridge reached a county senior semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Semi Final draw:
    Clara v BBridge

How long ago is it since the Bridge reached a county senior semi final.
    '74.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

blackcard wrote: »

Is that it? Bit of a reach.. Las Vegas isn't exactly sitting on Mexican border like

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Nedflanders02

yea really impressed with murphy corner back anytime i seen him.hopefully he'll make the u20s next year he looks a good prospect.The two points tj got were unbelievable.The shamrocks are in a good position alright and have some very good subs.

Yeah I thought Conor Murphy was excellent yesterday aswell, was he on the kk minor team last year? The Bridge are definitely going in the right direction, they’ll have Cleere back the next day and won’t have any fear of playing Clara!! Shamrocks look the likely winners now alright, I thought once Robbie Murphy went off injured for the Boro they didn’t seem as dangerous and the Shamrocks defense found it easier to deal with them. I thought Bill Sheehan was excellent in the first half too just couldn’t get any ball into him in the second half. If we’re looking at new players for the county next year I though Adrian Mullen and Aidan Nolan were very good yesterday and would be well worth a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Village87

Was at the Mullinvat v BBridge match. Mullinavat played into Bbridge hands. Made Rob Lennon look a hero at full back pucking high balls into him on young Knox. Lennon was badly exposed for the first goal when Jamie Fennelly burned him for pace and finished well. Enda Morrissey was the stand out performer in the first half. Bridge work the ball well and the 2 Blanchfields midfield are very effective.
    Mullinavat need more from there 6 forwards, Walsh looked lively but coudnt get enough ball into his hands. Liam Fennlly , willie Dwyer and Ger Malone were poor for mvat

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

yea really impressed with murphy corner back anytime i seen him.hopefully he'll make the u20s next year he looks a good prospect.The two points tj got were unbelievable.The shamrocks are in a good position alright  and have some very good subs.

Yeah I thought Conor Murphy was excellent yesterday aswell, was he on the kk minor team last year? The Bridge are definitely going in the right direction, they’ll have Cleere back the next day and won’t have any fear of playing Clara!! Shamrocks look the likely winners now alright, I thought once Robbie Murphy went off injured for the Boro they didn’t seem as dangerous and the Shamrocks defense found it easier to deal with them. I thought Bill Sheehan was excellent in the first half too just couldn’t get any ball into him in the second half. If we’re looking at new players for the county next year I though Adrian Mullen and Aidan Nolan were very good yesterday and would be well worth a look at.

Agree here that Mullen and Nolan worth taking a look at. Thought Mullen should have taken the point option when presented yesterday a few times in first half rather going for the goal but he a serious talent no doubt. Having seen quiet a fair amount of club games of late......other players outside current Senior inter county crop that have consistently impressed me of late would be Evan Shefflin, Bryan Coady(Muckalee), Niall Brasil(Village) and Michael Murphy of Comer

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rochelle

blackcard wrote: »

Is that it? Bit of a reach.. Las Vegas isn't exactly sitting on Mexican border like
    I think it's just a play on the V in the name, someone started referring to it as Mullinavegas as a pisstake, that just became Vegas...maybe they had a bit of a name as party animals? It's not of a particularly old origin anyway, maybe started 15 to 20 years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Comerman wrote: »
    Quiet enough compared to the last day's performance. He got a point from the sideline and even I applauded it. He has a talent but to me it's whenever he feels like using it.

That is the problem with him and its a pity that if he feels like hurling he does it. He was sitting in front of me at the limerick match in Thurles I just said to myself you should be out there on the field but he made the choice .

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

Dicksboro v Shamrocks
    This was a 'strange' match. Big crowd, big expectations and a lot of good hurling but the Shamrocks should have been out of sight at half-time, their tactic of exposing the Dicksboro full back line via Colin Fennelly generally worked but they did not reflect this on the scoreboard (the now famous three penalties). Dicksboro were getting scores 'easier' with some of them coming from silly Shamrocks handling & passing errors, Dicksboro were doing what they do well and the worry for the Shamrocks, was if Dicksboro got a goal chance, and took it, then there would then be six / seven points in it and even though the wind was strong, the way Dicksboro hurl, they would move the ball through the lines with or without the wind. Cillian Buckley mopped up in the 1st half, roaming across the half back line.
    The Shamrocks hurling for the ten minutes directly after half time was as good as you would see anywhere, TJ Reid being the main man in that time, after 'missing' three penalties to come out and hurl that well shows his brilliance. One of his points was outstanding, killing a high dropping ball on his hurl, then twisting the shot over his shoulder and slotting from 60 – 65 x metres. That Shamrocks scoring burst seemed to stun Dicksboro and their short game became very patchy, the Shamrocks able to get to the ‘free’ man and hassle them into losing possession. The match ‘died’ for fifteen minutes until Dicksboro worked a well taken goal with five / six minutes remaining and they suddenly started moving with some energy again, they had one of two point chances that drifted wide and it would have been very interesting if they had gone over but the Shamrocks had that ‘cushion’ and finished the match out with a couple of points.

Overall, the better team won, but I would not be proclaiming the Shamrocks champions elect yet, they conceded 1-19 and have difficulties in some areas where they can be exposed but can any of the remaining teams outscore the Shamrocks, at least two of the remaining teams will think they can?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

Dicksboro v Shamrocks
    This was a 'strange' match. Big crowd, big expectations and a lot of good hurling but the Shamrocks should have been out of sight at half-time, their tactic of exposing the Dicksboro full back line via Colin Fennelly generally worked but they did not reflect this on the scoreboard (the now famous three penalties). Dicksboro were getting scores 'easier' with some of them coming from silly Shamrocks handling & passing errors, Dicksboro were doing what they do well and the worry for the Shamrocks, was if Dicksboro got a goal chance, and took it, then there would then be six / seven points in it and even though the wind was strong, the way Dicksboro hurl, they would move the ball through the lines with or without the wind. Cillian Buckley mopped up in the 1st half, roaming across the half back line.
    The Shamrocks hurling for the ten minutes directly after half time was as good as you would see anywhere, TJ Reid being the main man in that time, after 'missing' three penalties to come out and hurl that well shows his brilliance. One of his points was outstanding, killing a high dropping ball on his hurl, then twisting the shot over his shoulder and slotting from 60 – 65 x metres. That Shamrocks scoring burst seemed to stun Dicksboro and their short game became very patchy, the Shamrocks able to get to the ‘free’ man and hassle them into losing possession. The match ‘died’ for fifteen minutes until Dicksboro worked a well taken goal with five / six minutes remaining and they suddenly started moving with some energy again, they had one of two point chances that drifted wide and it would have been very interesting if they had gone over but the Shamrocks had that ‘cushion’ and finished the match out with a couple of points.

Overall, the better team won, but I would not be proclaiming the Shamrocks champions elect yet, they conceded 1-19 and have difficulties in some areas where they can be exposed but can any of the remaining teams outscore the Shamrocks, at least two of the remaining teams will think they can?

Dicksboro also 'missed' a penalty in the 2nd half....

conor murphy was full back with kierans ladt year i think but he definitely has potential.
    michael murphy has being very good but he must be 30 or around that age id say the county door is closed
    i agree bout mullen,nolan and brassel should be brought in and id also hope bolger and john walsh get another go.

conor murphy was full back with kierans ladt year i think but he definitely has potential.
    michael murphy has being very good but he must be 30 or around that age id say the county door is closed
    i agree bout mullen,nolan and brassel should be brought in and id also hope bolger and john walsh get another go.

John Walsh looked more dangerous than Liam Blanchfield yesterday. Kevin Blanchfield deserves a run

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Cillian Buckley mopped up in the 1st half, roaming across the half back line.

I thought he was supposed to be injured, out for the rest of the year, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

There wasn't a lot wrong with him yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

If there's one thing clubs seem to have gotten very good at it's keeping their counsel on who is injured or available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭robwen

From 6th September Indo article
    but the Cats are likely to be without captain Cillian Buckley for next year's league.
    Having nursed a knee problem throughout the summer, Buckley has played no part with his club Dicksboro since the Treaty defeat and is likely to take a lengthy period of time out to rehabilitate the injury.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/brian-cody-set-to-continue-as-kilkenny-boss-for-21st-season-as-he-closes-in-on-sean-boylans-record-37287987.html

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    If there's one thing clubs seem to have gotten very good at it's keeping their counsel on who is injured or available.

Why was he not on TJ yesterday ?

Is the Intermediate final or Senior final played first this year. I see the first round of intermediate leinster is the 3/11 and the first round of senior Leinster is the 18/11.

• Advertisement

Village87 wrote: »
    Is the Intermediate final or Senior final played first this year. I see the first round of intermediate leinster is the 3/11 and the first round of senior Leinster is the 18/11.
    kk have a bye in the first round so thst could be it.Seniors playing winners of dublin v westmeath

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement