Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Eoin Murphy, Cillian Buckley, Padraig Walsh, James Maher and TJ Reid have been nominated for All-Stars.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0912/993355-limerick-lead-the-way-with-15-all-star-nominations/

Will we get 2?

Murphy and Tj ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

greenspurs wrote: »
    Will we get 2?

Murphy and Tj ?

I think Murphy should get the All-Star, but not TJ.

It'll be ridiculous if Murphy doesn't get it

I think Murphy should get the All-Star, but not TJ.

It'll be ridiculous if Murphy doesn't get it

I think we have said that about a couple of our keepers in the last few years !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

As a keeper Murphy should get it. However for his distribution, especially considering the role of keepers is very much to start attacks these days, I think Quaid has a decent shout as well. I would expect Murphy to get it but wouldn't be that surprised if he misses out. I don't think TJ will get one. Duggan and Canning have to be certs for the half forward line. After that it's one from TJ, Conlon, Kearney, Hegarty, Hayes, Morrissey - given his performance in the final you might fancy Hayes there but it's a tough call. Given TJ is the only one not to make the semi final you would think he's up against it (whether it's right or wrong, the All Stars tend to come from the 4 semi finalists).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Village87

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    As a keeper Murphy should get it. However for his distribution, especially considering the role of keepers is very much to start attacks these days, I think Quaid has a decent shout as well. I would expect Murphy to get it but wouldn't be that surprised if he misses out. I don't think TJ will get one. Duggan and Canning have to be certs for the half forward line. After that it's one from TJ, Conlon, Kearney, Hegarty, Hayes, Morrissey - given his performance in the final you might fancy Hayes there but it's a tough call. Given TJ is the only one not to make the semi final you would think he's up against it (whether it's right or wrong, the All Stars tend to come from the 4 semi finalists).

Murphy a cert to get it. TJ hasnt a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Eoin Murphy, Cillian Buckley, Padraig Walsh, James Maher and TJ Reid have been nominated for All-Stars.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0912/993355-limerick-lead-the-way-with-15-all-star-nominations/

Will we get 2?

Murphy and Tj ?

Scruff for sure - T.J. is doubtful unless they take league performances into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I think we have said that about a couple of our keepers in the last few years !! :rolleyes:

Such as who? Murphy is well worth it and will get it, but the other two weren't. Tipp made Ryan look good in the 2009 final, but everyone seemed to forget he missed Eoin Kellys 65 into his own net in the semi final.

They were rarely exposed due to how good the backs were, but when they were they were caught out a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Tipp made Ryan look good in the 2009 final,

Sh1te talk. He was unbelievable that day, saying otherwise is just obviously disingenuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

delighted to see james maher nominated he was very consistent for us and works extremely hard.He really improved his shooting for the championship and was always good for a score.Hopefully he can build on this for next year.

Such as who? Murphy is well worth it and will get it, but the other two weren't. Tipp made Ryan look good in the 2009 final, but everyone seemed to forget he missed Eoin Kellys 65 into his own net in the semi final.

They were rarely exposed due to how good the backs were, but when they were they were caught out a few times.

James McGarry !

God, that is such a silly comment !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 swengall

Michael Lyng Motors Intermediate Hurling League Group A

Rd 5 5 00 PM Dunnamaggin Tullogher Rosbercon --- --- Tullaroan Sash men to win, but wont be much in it
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Urlingford St Lachtain's --- --- Graigue Ballycallan GBC need to win and should do so with bit to spare
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Dr Tierney Park Thomastown --- --- Glenmore most significant game in group...if county lads go well Glenmore might spring a surprise and avoid Mooncoin in relegation semi.

Michael Lyng Motors Intermediate Hurling League Group B- this group is very tight going into final game, if St Martins win a team on 5 points will be in relegation.

Rd 5 5 00 PM St. John's Park Young Irelands --- --- Lisdowney Gowran to win...they seem to be going better
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Bennettsbridge Mooncoin --- --- St Martin's Coon to win...they need to...Mooncoin focus on Glenmore/TTown
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Pairc Sheamuis Stiophan John Lockes --- --- Fenians Johnstown certainly getting long distances to travel, I expect this game to be close with Fenians to edge it

Gowran and Fenians in top 2, St Martins 3 with scoring difference to decide 4 and 5 between Lisdowney and Lockes.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Neewollah

Tullogher v Tullaroan - Tullaroan by 8
    St Lachtains v GBC - Ballycallan by 10
    Thomastown v Glenmore - Draw

Young Irelands v Lisdowney - Lisdowney by 2
    Mooncoin v St Martins - Martins by 6
    John Lockes v Fenians - Fenians by 2

James McGarry !
    !!!

For what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

James McGarry !
    !!!

For what?
    President!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭mrbango

Young Irelands v Lisdowney - gowran by 1
    Mooncoin v St Martins - Martins by 10
    John Lockes v Fenians - Fenians by 8

Tullogher v Tullaroan - Tullaroan by 3
    St Lachtains v GBC - Ballycallan by 4 Thomastown v Glenmore - glenmore by 1

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

For what?
    Dont be such an eejit

kk1970 wrote: »
    Dont be such an eejit

What year should he have one an all star, genuine question?

I was unfair on PJ Ryan for his performance in the all Ireland final, hands up the original comment just pissed me off so I over reacted. But he got an all star that year. So where was the robbery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

mrbango wrote: »
    Young Irelands v Lisdowney - gowran by 1
    Mooncoin v St Martins - Martins by 10
    John Lockes v Fenians - Fenians by 8

Tullogher v Tullaroan - Tullaroan by 3
    St Lachtains v GBC - Ballycallan by 4 Thomastown v Glenmore - glenmore by 1
    few suprises from yesterday evening gowran having started well with the wind before lisdowney took over before ht and pushed on in the second half.
    callan had a good win over johnstown despite being down a few regulars.that group was very tight with five teams on 5 points begore throw in and gowran who were top on scoring difference now find themselves in 1st round against a rejuvenated freshford under new management.
    tullogher by all accounts pushed the favourites all the way.
    glenmore had a good win and should of being going better but that was the tougher group.Thomastown will be dissapointed to find themselves in a first round although they should have to much for mooncoin who have lost all their games.
    like the senior theres not much between the top few teams in this grade and whoever can get a win under the belt next weekend and get momentum could end up in a final like tullogher or gbc have done in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭blackcard

Thomastown were very poor against Glenmore getting only 4 scores from play. Alan Murphy was best for Glenmore with 5 points, Eoin Murphy was also prominent. Ger Aylward got 2 points but his touch is still off. Frees were hard won, particularly for Glenmore, as the ref let a lot go. The one thing that Thomastown was good at was fielding. John Donnelly was quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Nedflanders02

blackcard wrote: »
    Thomastown were very poor against Glenmore getting only 4 scores from play. Alan Murphy was best for Glenmore with 5 points, Eoin Murphy was also prominent. Ger Aylward got 2 points but his touch is still off. Frees were hard won, particularly for Glenmore, as the ref let a lot go. The one thing that Thomastown was good at was fielding. John Donnelly was quiet.

I was at the game too and I thought Thonastown were very poor aswell. Glenmore really put everything into winning yesterday, they treated it like a proper knockout game and were first to everything!! As you say Alan Murphy was excellent, I thought Shane Murphy had a great game too and did a very good job man marking Donnelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

blackcard wrote: »
    Thomastown were very poor against Glenmore getting only 4 scores from play. Alan Murphy was  best for Glenmore with 5 points, Eoin Murphy was also prominent. Ger Aylward got 2 points but his touch is still off. Frees were hard won, particularly for Glenmore, as the ref let a lot go. The one thing that Thomastown was good at was fielding. John Donnelly was quiet.

I was at the game too and I thought Thonastown were very poor aswell. Glenmore really put everything into winning yesterday, they treated it like a proper knockout game and were first to everything!! As you say Alan Murphy was excellent, I thought Shane Murphy had a great game too and did a very good job man marking Donnelly

Thought Ttown were too reliant on Donnelly and any time he got on the ball he was bottled up very quick by Glenmore Defence.  Eoin Murphy is a serious athlete and would not be found out of place playing outfield inter county..........but he the best keeper in the country so lets just leave him thee! Alan Murphy got some fantastic scores but was given far too much space as the Ttown half back line were under pressure. Aylward got a great early score but also missed a great goal chance after he missed rising the ball at first attempt. If he can get his first touch and sharpness back he should start going very well
    Ttown should have the beating of Mooncoin but dont see them going much further. Have to say Darragh McGarry has put in some very assured performances in goal and impresses more each time I see him play.

For what?

Do you follow hurling, or more interested in trolling?

He won 7 Leinster titles , 6 All Irelands, was nominated for an All star 7 times in 8 years.
    He lost out to Brendan Cummins , Donal OG Cusack, Damien Fitzhenry and Davy Fitz during those years.

All great keepers, no doubt. But after 35 championship appearances , surely he merited at least one All Star while he was so consistent between the sticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Village87

Anymore players for the watchlist for Intercounty next season after last weekend ?. Coudnt attend any Intermediate matches this weekend. Any report on Tullogher v Tullaroan, or Gowran v Lisdowney ?

To many club matches on next weekend.

Do you follow hurling, or more interested in trolling?

He won 7 Leinster titles , 6 All Irelands, was nominated for an All star 7 times in 8 years.
    He lost out to Brendan Cummins , Donal OG Cusack, Damien Fitzhenry and Davy Fitz during those years.

All great keepers, no doubt. But after 35 championship appearances , surely he merited at least one All Star while he was so consistent between the sticks!

So he was richly rewarded for being the best keeper in Kilkenny at the time. But that doesn't equate to meriting an all star. If you can't give a specific example of a year he deserved it by citing excellent performances in that year then how can you say he deserved one?

As you mentioned, 4 excellent keepers for competition which means you need to do more then just be selected to merit an all star. I'll give you the last word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

I'll give you the last word

PLEASE DO

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Have these Waterford supporters no home to go to??? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Village87 wrote: »
    Anymore players for the watchlist for Intercounty next season after last weekend ?. Coudnt attend any Intermediate matches this weekend. Any report on Tullogher v Tullaroan, or Gowran v Lisdowney ?

To many club matches on next weekend.

If they are going to get the county finals finished on time they need to be pushing these matches, its the end of September not a round of the championship played yet I suppose its the way croke park wants it for get the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

gobo99 wrote: »

You wont be hearing to much from him for a while they will have a lot to say about the new Waterford management set up of Fanning, Mulumphy, eoin Kelly, wonder is he going to be a replica of Dan Shanahan.

Comerman wrote: »
    PLEASE DO

I wont feed him anymore.

They have enough to put with over there , across the bridges. :D

• Advertisement

gobo99 wrote: »

Ohh god, don't draw them onto us about that 'pitch' .... Tis comical.... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement