Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When I 1st met you, I thought you were a lovely guy, really funny but I didn't feel much of a spark. Little by little, we would always end up chatting at the end of the night, you would come with me to get my coat and we would walk out together and meet the rest of the group. Then feelings began to develop but I didn't think they were anything major as I didn't think I could be with a guy that I didn't want to "rip his clothes off". How times have changed. You asked for my number the 2nd time we kissed and I heard nothing from you. I kissed you the 3rd time because I thought it didn't bother me how you didn't text me and it just made my feelings grow.

Even thought you don't text me, you treat me so well. Bit of a contradiction. I will always remember the night you waited outside the toilet for me because there was a not so nice crowd around. Or the night you wouldn't let me go down to my car and get you tables because it was 3 am and you didn't want me going out of the hotel on my own. I can't describe it, but I feel so safe in your company. You make me laugh, and I wouldn't mind ripping your clother off either! Our 1st kiss was also a big contradiction because while I got butterflies and felt a major spark it wasn't a very good kiss technically if you get me. They have improved thankfully!

This is going to sound really selfish as well. When you spoke about the tragic death of that girl you lived with for two years and kissed a few times I never felt so many emotions in my life. I felt really sad for you because you were distraught. I felt angry that you were talking about her to me and I felt jealous. Jealous that you were speaking of another girl in such high regard and that you liked her more than me. When you kept dropping into the conversation that you really liked me I wanted to say well if you did why didn't you text but because I knew you were in bits over her death I didn't. I couldn't kiss you two weeeks ago I just couldn't.

I just have major feelings for you, and at the age of 26 I don't think I have ever had this feeling about a guy ever. I have spent the last few weeks actually feeling sick to my stomach that you seemed to be in love with someone else all the times we kissed. I am losing respect for you as a person. You were the one who made the moves all the time. You were the one who made it seem like you liked me. You were the one who asked for my number and never texted or got in contact but yet in some way I think you might have feelings for me. Like I mean, if a guy doesn't like a girl why would he stay kissing a cuddling and laughing for about 4 hours or why would he not let me go to get him tablets for a blinding headache because he doesn't want me to go on my own.

I'm in bits here. I don't know what to think and I don't know how I am going to face you for a long long time. I'm a mess right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Thank you for making Monday my favourite day of the week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

I really really miss you, am i going to see you like that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Dear Teacher,

Please see that my little is girl is being bullied and needs to be helped and supported. Give me a chance to explain what she is going through and understand that all her behaviour is pointing to her being very insecure and nervous. I hope we both want the same thing for her, just for her to feel safe.

A very worried Mummy x

Dear God/fate/whoever is out there,

I'm going to email her this weekend, to see where I stand. I'm worried about her and me. I don't know how this is going to pan out and I'm really scared. I wish we could talk face-to-face so, so much.

I could do it today but - I guess I need time to mentally prepare.

I just hope that Sunday is a nice day. That she's relatively happy and that I don't get her at the wrong time.

I hope she realises how scared I am of being pushed away again.

I hope she understands how much I care.

I hope she says something.

I hope... because that's all I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Hey You,

I'm so sorry about what happened the other night, I totally understand if you don't want to be friends any more!!
    It shouldn't have happened please don't look at me differently!!!!
    P.S you didn't answer my text, I was only trying to say sorry!!! :o

P....

Getting nervous now you're coming home very soon and we left it up on the air before you left, it's since you have been gone that I have finally figured out I really like you... I'm really hope you might feel the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Dear parents in law,
    U smell of cigarettes, booze and dog, please wash. I nearly puked this morning with the smell. U are adults...grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear B,

Stop freaking out about your age. You're being ridiculous! Firstly, you're not old. Secondly, you're also no longer a teenager and you do need to realise this and cop on a bit!

Do you not realise one of the most attractive things about you is the fact you've *actually* lived a bit?!
    You havn't started going grey and you're in pretty good condition! And those little lines at the sides of your eyes? They're smile lines. And they're kinda cute. So keep smiling :)

S

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pinkhop

A,

9 months i spent trying my hardest trying to stop my heart from hurting. One night together and the pain is stronger than it ever was.

Even though it set me back to the start just feeling close to you one last time means I can't regret it. Seeing you cry and knowing you mean every "I love you" knowing that you feel the hurt as much as I do breaks my heart.. I want to take your pain away.

I know you heard me when I said it Saturday night but I need to say it again. I LOVE YOU, I love you, I love you. You are the only one for me. Life is a b**** but someday it might change it's mind and let us be together again... who knows.

Just know you have my heart always xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear Period,

thank you so much for coming!
    i was getting worried!! :o

Lots of Love,

Pixie!

Ps. try not to be a cnut this time!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dear C

I cannot express how hurt I am, cause you havent a clue, every time I see you talking to her my heart sinks I know that you and her are over but at times I feel like I am your poor second best and if she were interested you would be gone. I care about you so much and I know she would just hurt you again, you tell me I am the best person you have ever met and that I am your treasure but it still feels like I am friend zoned at times despite the fact that we are together, am I just an ego boost for you? do you just want me to make you feel better?

Please, please dont hurt me

to soft and to nice for my own good. I was hurt in the pass and when i look back and think
    i was fool. Yes i fell in love with you and did you did nothing wrong. You needed someone closer to home because of your family issues, to comfort you, talk to you and pick you on your bad days. It was never going work between us, long distance or not. You've moved on and i am happy for you. You will never know how much you hurt me, no one will but i promised i will never let it happen again. I don't want to sound cruel or mean but i've no interest in meeting you if you come here. I've moved on with my feelings and don't give you or us a second thought any longer, it took me a long time to get to this point and i don't want to drag up the pass. I'd rather just remember the good times we had and leave it at that. I know we'd have that talk and that would be tough on me, a man or i still have feelings and you tore me apart. I'll never how i managed to get through it, i bottled my feelings which is something i shouldn't do or anyone for that matter but thats me, its what i do. I went out smiled and just got on with it but inside i was hurting but it doesn't hurt anymore. I'll always care you and maybe one day i will tell you the truth but until then lets keep the somewhat strange friendship we have and not ruin it by meeting if you come vist with him or your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Dear friend.

You are unbelievable. I can't believe after all these years, how you have let me down this year when I needed you the most. Oh and your lies are riddiculous. I'm not stupid. Out of all the people I confided in, I really thought you knew me and I you. I was horribly wrong. How selfish of you. As bitter as this seems, I really hope you get to feel like how I do when the times come. I cant believe I stuck by your side all the time and this is how you treat me.

Dear Ma, just wanted to let you know I love you very much and I miss you even more. It will be fourteen years this year since you died.
    Your son.

N

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Arrgh creep stop coming around ur not wanted ! I wish your new girl knew what u get up too poor her ur twistedness will bring her a world of pain . I would tell her but the messenger always gets shot .

One day all your **** will catch up with u bow legged fool !

Aww that feels better .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Dear best friend,

Why, oh why can you go from being an absolute rock to an absolute c*nt in record time? Please grow up, stop writing everything in the style of annoying facebook girl and sort your life out. I love you but you need a kick in the rear end.

BB

I wish I could fix this. There's no going back and no moving forward. There is only you without me. One of us is :( lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dear C
    I cant do it by myself, I will do 98% of it but I just need to know you have my back like I have always had for you
    He is my brother, dont expect me to chose cause you will lose that one, whats happening is **** and everyone just expects me to fix it all you know what they are like
    I just need a hug from you and to know you are there, he wont always be sick, you will have me all to yourself again soon, but only if you help me do this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

To person who sexually assaulted me, you nearly beat me but you haven't beaten me yet. Thank you for showing me what the worst thing is you can do to some-one, so I now understand the depths of other people's sufferings and can be kind to them. Thank you for showing me the worst side of humanity so I can appreciate the good. Thanks for making me stronger...asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,537 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks Gracie :-)
    Its been a great few months and heres to many many more ;)

• Advertisement

You've managed to shatter me again in that nonchalant unknowing way you have....
    I was so happy when you got that job, yes it meant you left Ireland
    But I knew it was something you could excel in,
    Something that would challenge and excite you and I was delighted for that.

You went and we decided to be friends To be grown up....
    And then you tell me you miss me, you wait til you know I'm out with someone to tell me that not only do you miss me....But you love me too.
    So I park it, I wait 2 months to come to see you when you're home.
    So I sort childcare for 2 nights and drive 2hrs to be with you and you leave me feeling like a tool, blowing hot and cold!
    You ask me stay for 2 nights cos you miss me, you say we'll get a hotel the 2nd night cos you don't want hanky panky in your folks house....
    Fair enough

But then after we have a brilliant day, you pull me to your room at bedtime and as things hot up you decide to wait til we are about to bump uglies to tell me
    ''Oh I've been on a few dates with another guy but we haven't slept together yet!''
    Hun, I know I stopped....
    It wasn't out of jealousy(I hope you believe that)
    It was because there is a time and a place to say these things!!! And that certainly to feck wasn't either the time or the place!

You are living 1200kms away!
    You are a beautiful vibrant and attractive woman, I had no problem with the fact that when we aren't ''together'' that we aren't together....
    You need to meet people and expand your social circle and I'm fine with that!
    What pisses me off is that you send me mixed signals, say one thing then do another....
    And wait until we are in bed together to spring that on me...
    It felt like a total lack of respect for me...(Not that you were/are seeing someone, but that you thought then was the time to tell me!)

But now I think about it, I look at it and I'm grateful for everything you've done for me.
    You pulled me thru the darkest time in my life, showed me that love can happen again and I love you all the more for it.
    But heres the thing, I spent so much time, so much effort making sure you know that you were never ever my 2nd best and ironically after all that I'm left feeling like I'm your fallback!
    I'm the guy you know will ride in and bail you out, do his best to mind you and fix any problems :/

You are back in a few weeks and you seem oblivious to the fact that I'm with someone now.
    Someone that I really like and without knowing it is helping me get over you...
    I hope we can still be friends after you get here.
    But I'm scared that based on your past history of running every time things don't go your way that this is the end of whatever is left of us
    I hope I'm wrong....
    I hope you know I'll always love you, you put me back together, you showed me that moving on wasn't leaving anything behind, rather starting a new journey!
    But now I know that I can move on......I know I can't be your fallback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Oh my god Im sick of you asking to meet when you're not getting it at home.
    Grow up... if you dont love her, dont marry her, but leave me out of it please

Went to mass today for the first time in a year. Anniversary for a loved one. And said a prayer tonight that you will somehow change your ways. Me praying. haha. I'm sure god was raising eyebrows, I've never been particularly religious but in that moment, at this stage. A miracle is what it needs. I really hope it reaches you. I really hope some aspect of what I thought was a wonderful friendship will come back to you and make you realise what a b***h you've been, I miss you a ton despite this. But I guess it'll never be the same. You are a fantastic actress by the way. Your level of devotion and loyalty to this friendship was oscar worthy.

Ive been in denial, the last few months and I tried my best to keep the friendship alive, but the bulls%$t this week and last week particularly has put the final nail in the coffin. Just be honest and dont even attempt those half baked lies, seriously. Im not stupid and it really hurts. Honestly you are a very weak person if you are willing to throw away years of friendship because certain things arent convienient for you. I guess I have to accept these things fade. It doesnt help the fact how lonely I feel right now. You were the one person I could open up to.

Your lies hurt the most and how bad they were, so bad that I didnt know how to respond. I dont know why this has happened. Over that argument perhaps? Well sorry love, you were wrong on that occasion. Your behaviour towards me was despicable. But saying sorry has never been your forte.

I did ask one question at the church today however. Why do people hurt each other so much and I really meant it. Why destroy such a strong friendship for selfish reasons? Good luck to you anyway. You have no idea how awful you have made me feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

You may be dead you may be alive but either way:

Your old-house burnt down, and burnt down with it all the horrible memories, may it always remain in ashes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Don' say I didn't warn you!

Not as violent as it sounds;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear J,

I know we were joking about the terminology "damsel in distress" and "knight in shining armour", but my point still stands. Thank you for being there to save me when I need you most, and for listening without giving me advice you know I don't need to hear. Thanks for taking my mind off things and not dragging things up at awkward times. Thanks for not judging me and most of all, thank you for being you. My world is a better place with you in it, buddy.

Lots of love,

K. xx

I hate feeling like this crap and just browed off in general with everyone and everything. We started off as friends and get on great, made each other laugh, you more then me and then all of sudden it stops and i don't know why. I made it known i liked you and i regret it and also somewhat becoming friends because i knew id end up feeling this. I thought you where different but guess not. How wrong was i yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Beesand

Even though we're no longer friends, I will still respect the things you told me in confidence. I expect you to do the same.

So stop badmouthing me to other people, it's not fair. You don't have the right to act like the only injured party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Dear Depression,

You have fcuked up too many lives, devastated too many families.
    Kindly go away.
    Now.

Lola92

• Advertisement

Dear J,

I've kind of figured out that you don't love me. But tonight, for the last time, I'm gonna pretend that you do ;)

E.

Advertisement