Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Carlowboy - post deleted and user banned for one week.

Perhaps you could use this time to improve your taste in music. Rick Astley and Fresh Prince of Bel Air are just so passé.

Maple

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭legallyblonde86

Dear sadness,

Why are you here? I'm in such a good place right now. I have a good job, a great family, a man I love. I'm very lucky and I don't take that for granted.

I've been to a counsellor but I can't delve deep enough to talk to anyone. I hate that you creep up into my chest every now and then and I have to cry or I find it hard to get out of bed.

I hate that I'm not sure what's caused you. I hate that even in my happiest moments you're always there in the background, lurking. Why are you here?

Go away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I lied. I was jealous. I wish I could tell you, but I don't feel like I have a right to be and I don't want you to feel like you've done something wrong.

But it ate away at me that you would go to those lengths for her, when I will never ask you do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

S,

You have the greatest smile I think I have ever seen.
    Please stop smiling at me - it's confusing my head and my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mam,

Sometimes the way you talk to me makes me feel like you don't want me, that I'm worthless. I'm tired of arguing. I'm tired of trying to justify every little thing. It's like banging my head off a brick wall. I found something I enjoyed and you took the fun out of it. Mine and my brother's friends were over and you took off into a strop and "went for a drive" and made them feel like you didn't want them there all because I wanted to make some buns. Do you realise how childish that is? It was so embarrassing for me. But yet again, I hid how I was really feeling in front of everyone and held the tears back. I'm crying as I write this. I tried talking to you and nothing changed. I don't know what to do anymore. It's really sad that I'm thinking about not doing something I want to do all to keep the peace with you and it's even more sad that part of the reason I wanted to do it in the first place was to get some space and independence from you.

I want things back the way they used to be but right now I can't see that happening.

I do love you to bits but living with you is really difficult sometimes.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dear you,

Really? Way to make a girl feel special :( Please realise you have a problem and sort it, because I'm at my wit's end...

Love, me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

You,
    Wake up and deal with the fact that there's something wrong!
    Stop snoring and pretending it's all normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear OD

Stop freaking worrying and listen to the advice you were given! You're 20 years old not 50! You have so many years left to do all the amazing things you want to do so stop worrying that you wont.

Find your balance and for god sake women start saving!

ME!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Dear alcohol,

I think we need to see other people. I'm now regularly seeing a swimming pool - I think you should also seek out a new companion.

Perhaps we can meet again in a few months. My bank balance sends its regards, it is happy to see you go :)

Susie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Mum please stop trying to borrow my clothes, we're not bloody sisters its bloody head wrecking:(

actually stop trying to take all my stuff, and for the love of god.....throw the sh!t that doesnt work...away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

LostGirly wrote: »
    Hey you! Last night was amazing! Im mad about you! We're good together!
    I've never felt like this before about anyone!

Me

Dear recession,
    If you take him ( ^)away from me to another country to work I will lose it! You've already taken my brother and cousins and friend! Please don't take him too! Enough is enough!

Dear Recession,
    I asked you not to take him and ok you didn't take him then! But now you're taking him! That's just not fair! 2 weeks is all I have left with him, what am I going to do! You really are a sucky sucky thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

One fcking thing, just one fcking thing for once for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's been 4 years today. I never stop missing you. I never stop appreciating everything you did for me. If anything, now I think I'm really an adult, I appreciate it more.

You had the biggest heart of anyone I know. You were the closest thing in the world to a living saint. You were the most patient, selfless, non-judgemental person I have ever had the fortune of being close to. You didn't have to be a parent to me, but you stepped up anyway and were more like a parent to me than your son is :(

If I end up being even a little bit like you, if I get to carry any part of you on with me.... then I will have done myself proud.

When things go wrong, I still want to go to you. When things go right, I want to tell you about it. I wish I had 5 minutes to talk to you. I wish I had made more time to see you in the couple of years before you died. I feel like I was ungrateful and wasted so many chances.

I miss you all the time. I dreamt about you recently, and when I woke, I was so happy because I got to see you.

Thank you for everything. I miss you. I love you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dear D,

I didn't say goodbye today cause I couldn't bare the thought we'll never meet again. I know you wanted me to ask you out. I wanted to. But my life is such a ****storm right now. I hope we meet again. I really do. Cause your smile lights up my day. Your presence makes my heart skip a beat. I wish our lives had intersected at a different point in time. And I hope they intersect again. I'm a better person for knowing you. Thank you.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

N,

I miss you, I know I shouldnt, but I miss your txts.

You will never see me as anything more than your bit on the side. Its been 4 months now and I think ive made my point.

But if you were to txt me right now............. im not sure what I would do.

Saddo x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dear Alzheimers,

You're a cruel cruel disease and it is my only wish in this world that someone wipes you from the face of it soon. What you do to people is awful and what you make those left behind face is unfair.
    Every week I see a shell of a woman who was once so full of life and laughter. I watched her deal with her husbands death (due to you assh*le brother cancer) and begin to loose her mind. He was the one who protected her from you, and when he was gone her mind began to slip.
    I watched her think he'd just gone to the shops and would be back, escape from the nursing home thinking she was in the wrong house, think other family members we my grandfather, be robbed by nurses who took advantage of her condition, accuse my mother of horrible horrible things she would never say until finally she just stopped thinking those things, just stopped thinking all together.
    The last time I saw her she was having a good day and knew that I was someone she should know and pet my dog and smiled. Now my mother has asked me not to go in to her again because she wants me to preserve that memory of her. She's not having anymore good days.
    I hate you. I hate you more than you can ever know. You've put us and her though 6 years of hell. And i hate you even more for making me wish you'd just let her go and let a tired old woman just rest.
    She's my hero, she fought you so hard and you took her. I pray every night they find a way to wipe you from existance, you're the most
    heartless of all diseases.
    Go F yourself Alzheimers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I know exactly what I want to say to you when the time comes, it's just a matter of getting the words to come out of my mouth. I know exactly what I'm going to give to you so you will always remember me, wherever you are. It's just a matter of the opportunity arising. And I'll be okay eventually. My priority is your happiness and you'll find that, I just know it. It doesn't stop me hurting but I will be okay, so don't worry about me. Maybe I'll see you in a few years, maybe in a few months, maybe never again. Who knows? I would love for our paths to cross again and maybe for something to happen but I can't control that and I can't predict it and for now at least, I owe it to myself to let it go just as I am letting you go. Whatever happens, I hope you're happy and wonderful and fulfilled. I know you will be, sweet pea. :) I know it as I know the sun will rise in the morning.

Take care, my darling.

Love, K. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

Hey,

Look we can play 'lets pretend' for years to come but i really wish we could have had that conversation like i wanted......it's not too late.....it would clear the air if nothing else.

Dear D,

I'm glad I met you out again recently. I'm glad you were a pr*ck again to me- I know you will never change. I'm glad I got to say to you all the things I've wanted to tell you for years. I'm glad I told you what an emotionally abusive bully you were to me. All those horrible things you said to me. All those horrible things you said about me. All the ways you tried to gain control over me and wanted power over me. I know you didn't take in one iota of what I said to you but by jesus, it felt great for me. The fact that you denied nothing and still think your actions were justified speaks volumes. I feel pity for you, I really do. When we first started going out, I really saw the nice guy that you had the potential to be. But you made your choice in your actions. I wasn't the punchbag to get out all your anger on.

I'm trying to move on- it's so so hard. I've closed so much of myself off to other guys because I'm so afraid of being hurt again. I don't feel pretty or sexually attractive anymore. I feel like guys are going to turn so nasty on me like you did. I'm not giving anyone a fair chance but I really really want to. I just don't know how to let myself trust anyone again. I don't know how to be vulnerable and strong at the same time. I hate you for that & I hate the fact that I still allow your actions in the past to have power over me.
    I just don't know how to move forward.

Dear You,
    You’re an absolute pr!ck, the most callous and fcuked up individual I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. Your actions this week have been nothing but despicable, I didn’t think someone could do that to another person who they claimed last week to “care” about. Your threats and harassment this week have led to failing the year. You knew how important this was for me, yet you harassed and threatened me consistently, you are a disgusting, evil boy and I hope now that you will fcuk off now out of life. I had to cope with all your lies, all the cheating, all the fabricated stories you told your friends about me. You even said yourself that you perpetuated the threats/declaration to upset me and therefore “ruin my career”. Well you achieved that so well done, well fcuking done.

I hope that artificial charm of yours vanishes and you are forced to reveal your true self, it’s time your friends see you for what you really are, a cold, heartless being, a robot. I just hope that one day you will get your comeuppance because if you don’t, then I will just have to give up on the world.

Love, Me

• Advertisement

hey you...
    so that was...fun! When you said you were staying in town last night, I thought you might be hoping for something....I know I was. We spent so long talking on the phone about our respective days...but then I had to work, and you had a big night planned. I think both of us knew when we bumped into each other that late that something might happen. The way you casually suggested I could crash with you, not in a flirty way, not in a sleazy way, just with those smiling sincere big blue eyes of yours. We stayed up for hours chatting, drinking tea, and channel surfing crap late night quiz shows and adverts, before realising we'd both have to get up soon.

I don't know why we left it so late, if I'd known how amazing it would be, I would've just kissed you the second we got in the door. I think both of us were just that little bit too shy, which is why we spent about 5 hours talking on top of the bed, and only 2 hours in it! But the way you reached for me the second we got under the sheets was so worth the wait....your kiss just melted me! Even just the sound of your sleepy voice as you wished me goodbye this morning was a turn-on....I'd have given anything to have been able to jump back in beside you. Next time, let's cut the chat out, and just head straight for bed, ok?
    Yours in blue, me, X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Happy birthday.
    I know there are others who miss you more,
    but I do miss you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Hey you :)

There's a small *cough big* chance that I think I've fallen in love with you. After only being together for two months, is it even possible? I didn't think I'd ever feel this way about somebody again, especially after everything I went through. But you just came into my life, we clicked instantly, and have pretty much been together since. Everything with you just feels so right and perfect, and I know we are still young and have an awful lot of battles to get through together as a couple in the future. But I hope we can withstand all of it, battle through everything life throws at us, and be together for forever. I know the two of us are meant to be together, it 100% feels that way. Best part is, I know you feel the exact same way about me :D

You accept my flaws, my problems, and take me as a whole. I'm not afraid with you, and you make me such a better person. You bring out the best in me. You showed me that life can bring brilliant, unexpected, and amazing surprises. You really are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I hope to god that the two of us never fall apart. Why? Because we fit together like a glove. There is nobody out there better for either of us. We are right for each other, we think the same, feel the same, and want the same things in life.

After typing all of that out, and smiling to myself as I look at a picture of us (my heart melted just looking at you in it), I've realised, I am pretty sure I'm in love with you. The way you smile at me when we wake up, the way you hold me at night when we go to sleep, the way you kiss me everytime we see each other and the way you look at me. It's almost as if you can't believe I'm real. It all makes me go weak at the knees.

Ok, I love you. Now I just have to pluck up the courage to tell you to your face! Let's hope I don't blurt it out when I'm drunk :pac: But because it's you, I know telling you this will be so simple and easy. It won't be scary or terrifying. It'll be the best feeling ever <3

I cannot wait to see you tomorrow. I'm counting down the seconds till I see your smile and your amazingly adorable eyes <3

All my love,

A
    xxxxx

Life,
    Why can't things just be easy. Just for once.
    Why must Terms and conditions always apply :(

Me.

Dear T.,
    'Nah you don't care.. If you did I'd know.
    Another attention seeker, i'm just not going there this time.
    I judge people by how they treat others, you don't treat them very well.
    All you talk about is you, have you ever asked me anything about me? No, Never.
    You'll never love anyone more than yourself.
    I deserve better than you.
    Me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dear life.

**** you! Just **** you!
    You make me make a sacrifice. You force me to give up someone I liked so much. You make me make a choice, and I do it. And it messes me up, but I do it. And then, after forcing me to make that sacrifice, you go and you change the circumstances. You go and mess me round after I've already messed myself round. **** you. I said I couldn't take much more and then you go and do this? Damn it.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭FayeRayRay

Dear ___________

Why are you a prick ???????? You make me feel like **** sometimes ! I wish things would go back to normal instead of standing on south william street at 4 in the morning and screaming at each other !!!!!!

I just want to be kissed, cuddled and fed the odd chocolate or something

Thanks

Feel better

(im not a psycho)

Dear M. I had a much longer post written out, but when I read over it I realised that there was far too much info in there and that anybody who knew you would be able to tell it a mile off. So all ill say is, mind your own god dammed business, please, just shut the hell up, nothing of what I do should be of any concern of yours becuase it dosent remotely effect you in any way. Stop trying to make yourself feel better by putting others down, at the moment im trying to keep my head above water and barely getting by day to day. I really dont need any of this and im barely getting through each day, having this thrown at me just drags me under to murky depths. Im sure you could'nt care less thought, your a vain narcissistic phoney of a man.

Dear M,

It's almost over for you now. I wish I could be there, but I suppose you want me to remember you as you were not as you are.

I look after them all. I know you would have wanted that.

Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

this is to two very different people:

dear young man,

I hate the way you have ruined so many albums on me and when somebody puts on certain songs I still have to leave the room as it still hurts. I miss being poor and cold with you beside me, I miss having somebody who never once mentioned my weight and who always told me he hit the jackpot when he got me instead of his friend. I don't miss the day I looked at your phone and I don't miss pulling you out of next door.
    Anyway, Im glad I ran into you on the bus and we are both off doing something different, we both had a lot of growing up to do and I did anyway. Its good you missed all the bad things that happened last year, you wouldnt have been able to cope with it. i would have never have asked it of you. anyway, have fun with whatever your up to now.

note 2: (jesus this is harder)

God, i miss way too much. I never thought I would and its odd that i get so emotional about somebody who was there for 26 years of my life, who was always there, and who I never had a really deep conversation with. I still feel it was good that i wasnt there when you died, eventhough it might have been good for everyone else. I still want to do things that remind me of you and keep things you had just so its a bit of you there.

I actually cant write anymore for the second one.

• Advertisement

Dear A,
    I thought we were friends but you were just using me until you got a boyfriend.
    Well I hope it all works out for you with J as you dumped the best friend you will ever have for him. I was always there for you. Did you remember this over the past few months when I met you with a few hours notice, rang you or sent you texts to see how you were?
    Well I have decided not to ring or text you again as I am sick of being ignored by you.
    I am moving on with my life.
    A few weeks ago I started in a slimming club and I have lost over a stone weight.
    I have met a few new people and I plan to meet them for a few nights out.
    I know that you and J will not last. I have already told you the reasons after you asked for my advice. You decided not to listen to me then. When you find out that I was right about him you will ring me and expect me to be there for you. After the way you have treated over the past few months I want to let you know this will not happen.
    I hope things work out for you but when you are smart enough to drop your best friend for a man you can't expect that friend to be there for you when thing go wrong.
    You will find this out soon by then it will be to late for our friendship so please don't expect me to be there for you as I was in the past.

Advertisement