Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Dear Boyfriend,
    We've been going out for a long time, its my 21st next week hurrah. Right?
    Not so much I don't really have family and all my friends have moved to other parts of the country or emigrated and I want you to know that you are my best friend and I know it annoyed you that I refused to go out drinking with your friends for my birthday I asked can we go somewhere nice instead, I'm worried I'm going to sit at home for it and you may think going for dinner with your parents is my birthday celebration, its not that I care about getting stuff or doing something its that I just want you to hear me and pick up on how im feeling about this.

Ah we'll see what happens hopefully you will surprise me only because if you don't then I worry that we're not on the same level because I've said all I want to do is go for a day trip and you said no, that either means you have a great surprise planned or you actually said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

Dear ex boyfriend,

I wish I had never met you!!! When my boss said to me what is a pretty girl like you doing with someone like that after you came to my job shouting and yelling about some rubbish I was scared of you then but I soon woke up! W***er...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Dear girls from school,
    Thanks for saying all that sh*t about me and making all those nasty comments about my weight and appearance, I hope it made ye all feel great saying it! It sure made my school life sh*t! Can't wait till iv lost the weight to stick it to ye. Those comments have stuck with me to make me even more determined to loose the weight! Thanks for that! :D

Mugatuu :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Life
    Just give me a break this time, please. It's hard enough beating myself up everyday without you doing it too :(

Dear You
    I'm feeling more and more for you every day and I miss you. I really hope it's worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

Hey, officially, you are the one that got away, and just so you know everything else is bullsh*t, none of it matters. Theres so much i wish you would let me say to you...please. i'm so afraid that if you dont, that this will end badly for all of us.....i love you.

• Advertisement

Dear me,
    Stop thinking about it all. It happened years ago. Get over him, get over what happened, but most of all, get over yourself. Enjoy what is to come and stop waiting for some sort of contact or sign. You don't actually believe in them.
    Regards,
    Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

I´m sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Talk to me, give me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

"friend"

I actually despise you. I never realised how selfish you were and how easily you abandon people when its not convienient for you. what a bi*** you are. this last year has made me question our friendship and everything you have ever said. time for me to move on and leave you where you are. I know that now. I hope you get what you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dear boyf,

Sometimes you drive me mad, and boy, do I let you know it :p Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood and by myself, I start imagining mad scenarios of what I'd say to you if we were fighting or something.

But, I just want you to know that, even though I end up feeling like crap sometimes over something related to you, it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day, I love you far too much. And I know you feel the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Dear birds,

just want to tell you all,I love listening to you-in particular you who perched on my window at 7.30 today- beautiful singing,seriously.

However.:rolleyes:

If there was any way,you could-perhaps- wait a few hours,(today was my morning to lie-in) just until after,9,maybe?

Alternatively,Bressie is looking for someone with a nice voice......
    I'll put his number on my window tomorrow.:cool:

Cheers.
    P.S.....watch out for the cat,he's into ornithology.

I am sorry I went in with guns blazing and put you on the spot. I needed to get some peace but I didn't get the peace I hoped for. I miss you so much now and I am afraid you have left for good. I hope that is not true. I want to hear from you again. x

Why did you go around talking about me behind my back. Telling people what we did in private together, exaggerating what we did. Then you call me easy even though I didn't do anything except kiss you. I've heard your friend call me easy and a bitch. Why did you let them talk about me that way. Why did you agree with them. I've known you for so long. i never thought you would do this to me. I liked you even though people said you were a asshole. The whole thing has left me really stressed. I know some people know I was drunk that night and that that was the only reason I was with you. But other people don't know me. I never did anything to hurt you. It's sad because you have really tainted my past memories of you. I feel sorry for you. I want to scream at you though. You have damaged my reputation and I hate you for that. I hate that I cry over what happened. I hate that you don't respect me.

Dear S

Christ you're not a nice person at all are you? What was I thinking. You really treated me like crap, I see now though it wasn't just me, you treat all women like crap. Honestly you have some serious issues. Some kind of Madonna whore complex. I went on a date yesterday, with a lovely guy. He was so considerate and polite, and kind, i'd forgotten men like that existed. Kindness, it's such an endearing quality, one you're incapable of. Maybe there'll be a second date, maybe there won't, either way it's shown me what a complete d**k you are. There are lovely men out there, and I will never EVER allow myself to be treated how you treated me again. "Good luck"

"See ya"

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Having just read this whole thread from start to finish, I just have this to say:

Dear Life,

On behalf of myself and all of the other boardsies on this thread - please just give us a break.

We're good people, sure we've made mistakes and screwed stuff up, said stuff we shouldn't have, not said stuff we should have said. We've missed moments to make things right, kept the wrong people in our lives and let people go who we should not have let go.

You keep throwing crap like unrequited love, debt, heartache, death, loss, disease, sadness, depression, madness, addiction, betrayal, hurt and all sorts of assorted pains at us - and why?

Please, just give over. We're good people and do not deserve this.

-allandanyways

Boardsies,

It will get better, there is hope. I wish every good thing in the world for ye -light, hope, friendship, recovery, love, health and strength for all of you.

-allandanyways

Mental Health,

You will not beat me and I am not being a victim of depression again. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Dear YouKnowWhoYouAre...

Please stop drinking. Alcohol makes it very difficult to love you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Dear M,
    It's been four months since you ended things with me and I still miss you desperately. I never knew there were men like you out there. All I do at night is pray that you will come back to me. It breaks my heart to think you may not have the courage to do it. But I can't be the one to do it, you know how I feel. I am a better person when I am with you, stronger and more confident. I hope you see sense.

Love, Me xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Dear allandanyways,
    Thank you so much for your post. Life has not been too great to me lately, and your post has provided me with a little hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    I wish you all the best with overcoming your depression; I know that it is a tough struggle. Stay strong, you can do it!

Thank you once again, Me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear you,

You still are the only man to make me laugh so much, I know what we are doing will only lead to heartache for me but I like spending time with you and all the good feelings come back when we are together, how come it feels so right when I'm snuggled up to you?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear you,

yeah I'm going to Paris for a year, and yeah I'll be back. But if when I'm finished my degree I'm lucky enough to find some class of a job abroad, when I go there I won't come back. That's my prerogative, my decision and nothing at all to do with you. So stop commenting on things that you know nothing about and that don't concern you in the slightest. I can't wait for the day when I'll never have to see you again.

-K.

• Advertisement

So, you love me too, now what?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

Hey,

Come on now, don't be shy, you're doing so well, you dont even have to accelerate much, just please don't reverse! We both know you're a much better driver than i'll ever be, but follow my lead just this once, i know where i'm going, i promise. X

Dear me

ahh you got your hopes up again, I can't blame you this time though he seemed so nice.
    When will you learn. Maybe you've just got to start accepting that you're just not meant for relationships. Whatever secret all those happy loved up women have, you're clearly never meant to know. You watch couples sometimes, laughing with each other, hand in hand, blissfully happy. But you've got to accept that that happiness is something you'll just never have, something that for some reason you are incapable of.

Time to wipe those tears away again, put on your fake smile and pretend you're happy.
    Always pretending.

Regards,
    Me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Dear K,

You're the only person I've ever loved.If I could go back the past month I'd have never made the mistake that triggered off all this.I know I'm acting like I'm ok with you moving on but I'm really not.I feel so abandoned.You promised we'd get back on track but now we're compleatly derailed.I will always love you and trying to be your friend will kill me.I hate myself for causing this.I love you.

Ash

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Mental Health,

You will not beat me and I am not being a victim of depression again. End of.
    Dear You,

You can do it, keep fighting.

Be strong, it's worth it when you get there, I promise.

Maple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear my best friend,
    only looking back over a 'diary' i wrote in janury, and i dont think i appreciated the gesture at the time, thank you for the lovely pressie, it was so thoughtful and at time made me smile more.
    As much as i think we're changing, i think we're ok, 3 months is long time and then for pure normal from that was great, no stress. thanks for always making me smile and growl at u at same time. I love you so much.
    xx

Tt
    it was just a hello, i hope youre ok, because i've been thinking about you and got worried.
    you're not too easy to just erase unfort. Good to see you're doing good in your thing though :)
    Love
    x

D
    i'll be down soon, hopefully this wknd but that mightnt happen.
    i'm sorry.
    x

A,
    i miss you, i don't know when i bothered to contact you last. new year. i do care but since i've not heard anything and i've not been up, what should I? i think we're alright.
    Miss u though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Nanny,
    He's proposing to me this year!
    I know almost everything except how he's going to ask. I have an idea though. I think he's going to ask me when I'm up with you!
    He knows it hurts that you're not around for all this.
    How lovely would it be for you to be there? :)
    Love you forever
    Sarah xxxx

Dear S,

ASK ME!!!!

Love you
    Sarah
    xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

E,

I just want you. End of. I'm over here, on the other side of the world, and we're into about Year Five of knowing each other, while not really knowing each other, and it can't possibly ever be anything, but I just want you.

Don't get me wrong, I've dated. Boys come and go all the time. Some nice ones, some not-so-nice ones. I've had interesting experiences, lots of fun, short flings, amazing sex and chemistry with other guys, but it's all just been a temporary distraction from you.

Why do I want you so badly? I'm still trying to figure that one out. We'd probably kill each other. I'd probably be a paranoid mess, knowing what you're like, I'd probably wind up getting my heart broken and hating you forever. But it doesn't stop the longing, the pining, the constant thoughts, missing your voice, those deep blue eyes, that sexy laugh that infects anybody in a room with you.

You're such a ladies man. You told me once that sometimes you feel you've just been drifting since you broke up with your ex. And I can't kill this Dream of You, this fantasy of us finding each other and everyone and everything up to that point being irrelevant...but surely it would have happened by now? And are you even capable of that again? The E that I've known just wants to have fun, to get his kicks and find the next hot girl in line.

And yet I still want you. Honestly, a little part of me is holding out for you. And that scares me. You're pushing thirty and set up in a life that I probably would never fit into; I'm on the other side of the world 'working on my career' and meeting all kinds of men, having all kinds of experiences but ultimately, just as lost as you. I want more. I've fought tooth and nail to set myself up over here but I'd give it all up in the morning, I'd hand it all back for a piece of your heart.

I wish you hadn't added me on facebook. It sounds so pathetic, but it's like letting each other into each other's lives again. It feels like a step back, a regression to somewhere I've been trying to step away from. Somewhere I thought I had already stepped away from.

But I can't resist you. I never could. Someday. Maybe someday we'll both find what we're looking for.

Beks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Dear luck...

Could you please visit me at some stage!!! Your absence is greatly noted.

regards
    Me!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Found this song and i think it's beautiful and i'd give the lyrics to my best friend if i thought he'd not freak out, he knows i love him though.
    so just the chorus.

To my best friend.

When there's no getting over that rainbow
    When my smallest of dreams won't come true
    I can take all the madness the world has to give
    But I won't last a day without you
    ----

from the carpenters; I wont last a day without you

Advertisement