Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 greys24

Hi everyone only started ww 3 wks ago, this thread is great for motivation & tips! Bought the eating out guide tonight & bottled beer (330ml) is pointed at 4 in the eating out guide - hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all, I haven't drank much alcohol since starting with ww, but I will be tomorrow night!

Could anyone tell me how many pp are in a measure of vodka, and also how many is in a bottle of budweiser?
    I've very apprehensive about drinking on ww this time I have to say, I guess its because its so high in pp!

there's 3pp in vodka and 5pp in a bottle of bud (3pp in bud lite, according to our leader). Have a great night!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks for the replies girls, I'm so hoping to be able to keep track of how many drinks I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Morning all need a lil help am going out for lunch today to the porterhouse on parliament st with work I've looked at their menu but they don't do salads (well they have a steak salad and a goats cheese salad - don't like goats cheese) my WI is in the morning I know I've done ok this wk but thinking a huge burger at lunch isn't the best option
    Wondered if anyone could help me point this 8oz grilled chicken breast (prob done in some oil) with a gluten free bun (prob bit bigger than a clenched fist) and I think I'll resist their chunky chips and get a side salad
    Can anyone hazard a guess for me thanks 

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi everyone,

It has been wayyyy too long since I have been on here!! TBH the last few weeks I just haven't cared an ounce about losing weight - I think the closer I've been getting to my wedding, the stress is making me freak out (so much to do, I'm dreaming about things that need to be done and all!?!) & it's having the opposite effect with my WW!!

Anyway, after 2 weeks of not going to classes (last week was not my fault, as the class had moved & I didn't know), I went back on Wednesday evening & was up 2lb. I am now back to basics & am going to kick ass at next weeks weigh in!! Everything I had learnt from PP has well & truly gone out the window so am PP everything again. Off this morning to do my weekly shop & will DEFINITELY be coming on here again....I think my biggest downfall was not coming on here to keep motivated everyday!! I really need the support!

Anyway, I haven't read through any old post since I was last on (prob about 200 pages :eek:) so am just starting from scratch on here today!

Garden_Gurl :) x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Down 1lb last night :D Which makes it a grand total of 15.5lbs so far:D Getting there slowly but surely!

Was so good last night and even though I had 9pp left after dinner, I didn't go for the chocolate! I took your suggestions and had two slices of WW Bread toasted with honey on top! I've just spent the last half hour on the Tesco Website pointing stuff and adding it to my shopping list so that when I go in this evening, I won't be distracted by all the bad stuff :)
    Monife wrote: »
    If you drain the juice, they are 0PP. I have them at home too, the peach ones, and the juice is so minimal i'd say it would be no harm in having the juice aswell, especially if it is natural (like just water and the fruit flavour from the fruit).

I asked my leader about them last night and she said that if you drain them, they are 0pp but if you eat them in the juice, then you need to point them off the nutrional info on the back! :( So glad I didn't eat them yet, 2pp for some juice is so not worth it!

Thanks Lainy for the info about the Tuna in Aldi, I'll be popping in there this weekend :)

Also my leader is going to send us out some of her own recipes this week via email, so I'll post them up here when she does. She is such a good leader!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey all so had my WI this morning I'm totally thrilled down 1.5lbs :D so I lost the half I put up last week and the other 1 even with paddys weekend shenanigans! So so happy I feel back on track, back in control & motivated to ensure I have a loss next week!

If I'd have not stayed on this thread all week I think I very easily could have slid of the wagon! So thank you everyone! :cool:

Only 1lb away from my next mini goal & first stone gone if I get that in the next couple of weeks I'll be thrilled :D

Have a great weekend everyone, welcome to all the new posters & welcome back garden gurl great to see (read) you again!

Great loss shoe lover well done! & thanks for posting re the fruit cups - that's scandalous that the tiny amount of juice is 2pp:eek: how ranging would you be wasting 2pp on that I'd rather a packet of velvet crunch or Meanies or something!

Lainey thanks for posting re the tuna I've been flipping looking for it in both Aldi & Lidl without success at least now I can focus my search in Aldi have to go do shopping tonight or tomorrow :)

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Morning all need a lil help am going out for lunch today to the porterhouse on parliament st with work I've looked at their menu but they don't do salads (well they have a steak salad and a goats cheese salad - don't like goats cheese) my WI is in the morning I know I've done ok this wk but thinking a huge burger at lunch isn't the best option
    Wondered if anyone could help me point this 8oz grilled chicken breast (prob done in some oil) with a gluten free bun (prob bit bigger than a clenched fist) and I think I'll resist their chunky chips and get a side salad
    Can anyone hazard a guess for me thanks 

Hey Layla, I don have my book with me but I'll hazard a guess for you :)

8oz is about 225g. A 125g chick breast is 4pp so I'd say roughly 7pp
    A granary burger bap from Irish pride (it's quite big) is 5pp but I've had smaller ones (size of a fist) which are 4pp so judge the size when you get it

Add 2pp for Mayo & Ketchup.

So I'd go for a total of 14pp if it was me I wouldn't worry too much about the little bit of oil on either the chicken or onions the overs on the Mayo & ketchup should cover it! Hope that helps? :) enjoy your food & make the most of it!

Actually Layla the steak salad might be better value points wise & maybe more satisfying? Roughly 7 for the steak & 2 for the dressing??

Or don't eat the whole bun on the chicken burger just eat half of it to save some points if you think 14 is too much. But with that said it might be better for your WI tomor morning if you have your 'dinner' @ lunch time & eat lighter in the evening?

• Advertisement

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Actually Layla the steak salad might be better value points wise & maybe more satisfying? Roughly 7 for the steak & 2 for the dressing??

Or don't eat the whole bun on the chicken burger just eat half of it to save some points if you think 14 is too much. But with that said it might be better for your WI tomor morning if you have your 'dinner' @ lunch time & eat lighter in the evening?

Thanks Kay might give the steak salad a go :) 14pp just for a burger is alot and I'd probably be starvin by the time I get home iykwim

I do indeed Layla I never feel full after work lunches I think it's a combination of having to rush, not being able to pick the restaurant & picking @ your food rather than eating it!

Id go for the steak salad as well alot tastier & you can get them yo put the dressing on the side so you can control what you eat! Enjoy it missus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone got this from my leader...

HB ice cream pro points
    Magnum white 7 pro points
    Magnum classic 7 pro points
    Brunch 6 pro points
    Twister 2 pro points
    Ice berger 5 pro points
    That a way 2 pro points
    Wibbly wobbly wonder 4 pro points
    Loop the loop 2 pro points
    Choc ice 5 pro points
    Super split 2 pro points
    Maxi twist 5 pro points
    Mint cornetto 5 pro points
    Solero 3 pro points
    Crème egg ice cream 5 pro points

Easter Products
    Crème egg 5 pro points
    Maltesers bunny 5 pro points
    Gateaux mallow egg 2 pro points (aldi’s are 3)
    Cream pie 2 pro points

Summer Fruit Crumbles, serves 4, 4 pro points per serving,
    Thought you could use rhubarb for these crumbles until its summer!!!!

Preheat oven to gas mark 4 / 180 / fan oven 160.
    Place 200 g blueberries, 225 g raspberries and 250 g strawberries halved and hulled, and 15 g caster sugar in a pan with 2 tbsp water.
    Place over a low heat and gently cook, stirring once or twice, until the sugar has dissolved and the juices are running clear.
    Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped.
    Spoon into 4 x 200 ml ovenproof dishes/bowls and set aside
    Sift 75 g plain flour in a bowl and add 30 g caster sugar and 50 g low fat spread. I use low low.
    Rub in the spread with your fingertips to make crumbs and then sprinkle over the fruit.
    Bake the crumbles for 20-25 minutes until golden.
    Serve warm or cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hey Layla, I don have my book with me but I'll hazard a guess for you :)

8oz is about 225g. A 125g chick breast is 4pp so I'd say roughly 7pp
    A granary burger bap from Irish pride (it's quite big) is 5pp but I've had smaller ones (size of a fist) which are 4pp so judge the size when you get it

Add 2pp for Mayo & Ketchup.

So I'd go for a total of 14pp if it was me I wouldn't worry too much about the little bit of oil on either the chicken or onions the overs on the Mayo & ketchup should cover it! Hope that helps? :) enjoy your food & make the most of it!

125g of raw chicken breast is only 3pp, cos i get large chicken breasts that are about 175g and they are 4pp,

my Wi is tomorrow, took a sneak peak on scales..not change, which is weird cos for the most part i have been good all week, i have had a chance to do 0 exercises cos of my shoulder and college work. Just been reading up on the tablets the doctor has me on, Water retention is one of the side effects listed...so that might be it.

ah well if i STS this week, its bount to show next week!

But still be nice to see 1lb down! That would haven't seen in a LONG LONG LONG LONG Long time,

Oh one more thing ladies..........mothers day is coming up.....better start warning them now not to bring chocolate into the house!

Okay well I'm over pointing it seems I buy organic chicken breasts & per the nutritional info on the pack i pointed it & it came out as 4 for 125g I'm going to stick with that for myself anyway I rather point from the nutritional info on the pack than use the averages from the WW book which I know are based on the averages of 3-4 different brands/butchers. I have all my usual foods stored on my iwatcher.

It's funny cos the steak, extra lean mince & feta cheese I buy are all alot lower when I Point the NI, the chicken is the first one that's higher so Layla looks like it's 12 then based on Laineys info.

Okay well I'm over pointing it seems I buy organic chicken breasts & per the nutritional info on the pack i pointed it & it came out as 4 for 125g I'm going to stick with that for myself anyway I rather point from the nutritional info on the pack than use the averages from the WW book which I know are based on the averages of 3-4 different brands/butchers. I have all my usual foods stored on my iwatcher.

It's funny cos the steak, extra lean mince & feta cheese I buy are all alot lower when I Point the NI, the chicken is the first one that's higher so Layla looks like it's 12 then based on Laineys info.

Your right to stick to nutritional info when its available! :) I point the weight of the item when exact information isnt available, rather than going by sizes, small, medium, large, like eggs and chicken breasts, potatos, ww uk online says 175g is 4, if it all goes wrong for me i can blame them hehe! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just made WW BLondies!!!

Had no choc chips but used malteasers! ;)

They are smelling amazing! Need them to cool down now so I can eat one, or two....

They're working out at about 1.5 old points too! They're about 4pp so not bad at all!

What is a Blondie???

Lol change of plan they all want to go to eddie rockets for lunch do I remember someone getting their NI off them on here

Scratch that found it myself

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Lol change of plan they all want to go to eddie rockets for lunch do I remember someone getting their NI off them on here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/eddie-rockets This is a site I use sometimes, not sure how accurate it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'd recommend the chicken caesar salad. Really filling and gorgeous! Only 11PP even with the sauce, croutons and bit of cheese!! Think I might get that tonight as a treat (and maybe some eddie rockets chips with garlic sauce nom nom nom) seeing as I can't have my usual few vodkas cos of the antibiotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Dammit, I went onto the Eddie Rockets website and now I'm starving :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Dammit, I went onto the Eddie Rockets website and now I'm starving :o

Haha, ER just opened a couple of weeks ago where I'm living. So far I've been there twice and had take out from it once!
    I know it's just coz it's a new fad, everyone wants to go there.
    I was laughing at my friend who was talking to me about joining WW last week and then in the next breath asked me to go for dinner to ER the following night!
    The same girl also rang me a few weeks ago to know which takeaway would be better for WW - chinese or chipper. Don't think she took my advice of the chow mein!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hey there everyone, havent been on for ages but have been checking on for the tips recipies and motivation, so thanks!
    I've had an up and down few weeks WW wise, up 1.5 last week after being down 0.5 the week before, then had a weird tummy bug since sunday and couldnt eat much and had no exercise and was down 4lbs on Wed:eek: I know its the food intake as there were no toilet issues!! so I'll just have to be extra careful this week and not pile it back on...my appetite is definately back!!
    so new project for me, maybe someone can join?? I have dired the seeds from a butternut squash and planted them....cant wait!! I love them. they are in a glass house so that will hopefully help,but I'm sure a sunny window sill will work...I've been out twice already this morning, hoping there would be big fat squashes already!! dont know who long they will take, i'm a novice gardiner...anyone else want to try?? we can have a veg growing competition:D
    Keep up the good work everyone, you are all doing so well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

shanasue wrote: »
    so new project for me, maybe someone can join?? I have dired the seeds from a butternut squash and planted them....cant wait!! I love them. they are in a glass house so that will hopefully help,but I'm sure a sunny window sill will work...I've been out twice already this morning, hoping there would be big fat squashes already!! dont know who long they will take, i'm a novice gardiner...anyone else want to try?? we can have a veg growing competition:D
    Keep up the good work everyone, you are all doing so well :)

Well done on your weight loss last week. Doesn't matter what the reason...it's great to see those kind of digits on the scales!

I'd love to try grow bnut squash. My mum is a super gardener and flower grower, but unfortuntely I didn't inherit any of these skills.
    I can't have a glass house at the minute coz I have two adolescent pups but my kitchen window gets all the morning sunlight...it's like a sauna in there first thing.

Also, Lidl have fresh herb pots on special this week. Going to pick a few up at lunch time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Not long back from my weekly shop -spent €156 and my trolley was half full by the time i got to the end of the fruit and veg section....lets how it pays off at WI next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

also can you recommend any other things in Aldi, I don't go there but the fact I'm gonna go this week, i'm gonna try and stock up big time...

3c6791e9.jpg

These are from aldi and are only 1 pp.
    Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

oh i planted butternut squash also, got the seeds in b&q 69c each and the dog dug them all up again:rolleyes: but i have raspberries, strawberries. rhubarb, blaccurants and an apple tree,,all point free i can't wait for the summer:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i went to a coffee morning this morning and had made the bran muffins last night to take with me,,everyone raved about them,so i'm giving the receipe's to everyyone and one of the girls breast feeding and can't have milk products but as there so little milk in she had one and was delighted to be having something:) i was delighted,,usually i'd have had a bit of everything but today stuck to 1 muffin (4pp) and 2 coffee's:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement