Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

8 pp per serving
    Serves 4
    You will need:

Spray oil
    2 tbsp skimmed milk
    4 chicken breasts, sliced
    ½ tsp paprika
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    pinch cayenne
    1 red pepper, thinly sliced
    1 small bag mixed lettuce leaves
    4 small soft flour tortillas
    12 cherry tomatoes halved
    120g philly extra light

Preheat the oven to 190c, gas 5.
    Brown the chicken in a pan with some spray oil for approx 5mins. Add the onion and pepper and cook for a further 5mins until the cooked through.

Warm the tortillas as per pk instructions, then drape each tortilla over an oven proof ramekin/ tea cup, on a baking tray. Heat the tortillas in the preheated oven for 5-8mins until the tortillas become crisp. Leave to cool, then remove from the ramekins/cups.

Whisk together the philly, milk, paprika and cayenne, and add to the chicken mixture. Continue cooking for a further 2mins to heat through.
    Place the lettuce and tomatoes in the bottom of each tortilla cup and top with the chicken mixture.

Serve immediately

For a lower pp value you could use Quron pieces or Quorn mince (10pp per pack)

My leader says you could half the amount of Philadelphia for a less creamy taste

10PP per serving * 10mins to prepare, 20 mins to cook * serves 4

Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200c/fan oven 180c. Boil 150g (5 ½ oz) broccoli broken into florets, for 2 mins. Drain and set aside. Melt 30g (1 ¼ oz) low fat spread in a pan, add 30g ( 1 ¼ oz) plain flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Gradually add 400ml (14fl oz) skimmed milk and whisk until smooth. Bring to the boil and stir until thickened. Add the broccoli, 1tsp Dijon mustard, 250g (9oz) salmon cubed, and 225g (8oz) cod cubed. Season, then spoon into a 1.2 litres (2 pint) dish. Grate 100g (3 ½ oz) chilled shortcrust pastry over the top and bake for 15 mins.

12PP per serving * 20 mins to prepare, 1 hour 45mins to cook* serves 4

Spray a pan with low fat cooking spray, add 8 small lean lamb loin chops and sear on both sides. Add 2 onions chopped, 2 carrots diced, 750ml (1 ¼ pint) hot lamb or vegetable stock and 2 sprigs fresh thyme. Season, simmer partially covered, for 1 hour ( adding more stock if required) Add 700g (1lb 9oz) potatoes diced, and cook for a further 20 - 30 mins until tender. Serve sprinkled with 2 tbps chopped fresh parsley leaves.

Recipe: 55 propoints
    Serves 6 @ 9 propoints per serving

You will need:
    1 lb extra lean round steak mince ( 20pp approx) or 1 pk Quorn mince @ 10pp
    60g Low fat cheddar cheese (to top the lasagne)
    9 lasagne sheets ( 2 pp each)

For the tomato sauce:
    1 400g tin chopped tomatoes or jar of passatta
    2 cloves garlic crushed ( or as many to taste)
    1 Veg stock cube (1pp)
    1 large onion chopped
    1 stick celery chopped
    1 tbspn Italian herbs (basil, oregano etc)
    Any other veg you like chopped ( mushrooms, carrots, courgettes etc)

Soften the garlic and onion in a pot/pan until soft, about 3 mins. Add the celery and all other veg and stir for about 1 min. Then add the tin tomatoes/pasatta and the stock cube (dissolved in 100ml hot water).
    Add the herbs last and leave to simmer for about 20 mins until the veg is cooked. Add more fluid if required.
    This is best made the day before and left in the fridge overnight.

For the white sauce:
    50g Butter ( I use flora light) ( 4pp)
    50g Flour ( 4pp )
    500ml Skimmed milk (4 pp)

Melt the butter in a pot. Add the flour and mix well. Add the milk and stir continuously until the sauce starts to thicken.

To make the lasagne:
    Fry the mince/Quorn in a pan until completely cooked. Add the tomato sauce and simmer gently for about 5 mins. Layer the meat, lasagne and white sauce starting with the meat sauce and ending with white sauce.
    Top the last layer of white sauce with some grated low fat cheddar
    Cover the dish with tin foil and bake in the oven for approx 40 mins @ 180/ gas 4.

Remove the foil after about 30mins and allow to brown for the remaining 10 mins.

Enjoy with some zero points salad and wedges ( made from 150g cooked potato, Spray oil and seasoning) Add 3pp for the wedges.

Chicken in Filo pastry ( 8pp per serving)
    (Makes 2)
    You will need:

1 sheet filo pastry 3pp
    165g chicken fillet 4pp
    Sliced mushroom, onion or any stir fry veg
    1 Low low triangle cheese 1pp
    Spray oil
    ½ chicken stock cube 0pp

Dice the chicken and cook off in the stock. Using the spray oil, fry the veg and use some herbs/spices to flavour.

Cut the filo pastry in half and lay on top of each other to form a star. Spray the pastry with oil and place on a baking sheet. Spoon the veg into the centre of the pastry and then add the chicken. Add the triangle of cheese and season.

Fold the filo pastry, spray all over with spray oil and bake in an oven gas mark 5, 180c for 15 mins or until golden brown.

(Serve with new baby potatoes or any other veg of your choice, allowing any extra points.)

***This can also be done using salmon fillets….. 130g fillet raw = 6pp****

• Advertisement

BARM BRACK
    3pp per serving (makes 10 slices)
    You will need:

1lb loaf tin greased with spray oil and lined with grease proof paper
    80g(3oz) sultanas
    Grated zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon
    1 mug cold tea
    1 egg (medium)
    2tsp castor sugar
    175g (6oz) self raising flour
    150g apple peeled cored and grated.
    1 tsp mixed spice

Place the sultanas and lemon and orange zest into a bowl and pour over the cold tea. Leave to soak overnight.
    The next day pre heat the oven to gas mark4/180c/fan 160c. Stir in the apple to the fruit and tea mixture, with the castor sugar and the egg (beaten). Sift in the flour and the mixed spice. Mix well, then spoon the mixture into the greased loaf tin. Bake for 40 to 45mins, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins then cool on a wire rack. Serve in slices spread with ½ tsp low fat spread.
    It will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.

3 ProPoints per scone
    ProPoints value of 33 per recipe
    125 calories per scone
    15 minutes to prepare
    12 minutes to cook
    Makes 10.

200g (7oz) Self Raising Flour
    60g (2oz) low fat spread
    60g (2 oz) castor sugar
    1 egg
    2 tbsp 0% fat Greek Yogurt
    20 blueberries
    1 tbsp skimmed milk for brushing.

1. Preheat oven to gas mark 7 / 220 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Put the flour in a large bowl (reserve 1 tbsp for rolling) and rub together with the spread until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the castor sugar.

2. Add the egg and yogurt and mix with a knife until it forms a dough, then use your hands to bring it together. Tip onto your floured surface and roll the dough to 1cm (½ in) thickness. Take a 5cm (2in) cutter and cut out 10 rounds. Use your hands to make balls, pushing 2 blueberries into each piece of dough then brush with milk and put on the prepared baking tray.

3. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Once cooked, transfer the scones to a wire rack and leave to cool. Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days.

· Serve each scone with 2 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt and 2 tbsp blueberries for an extra ProPoint value of 1.

All the above recipes are from my WW Leader. She sent them to me this am :D I think I'll make the brack tomorrow. Love a nice slice of brack with a cupan tae!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Thanks ShoeLover, def gonna try the scones and filo chicken parcels they sound yum!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

tantipie wrote: »
    i went to a coffee morning this morning and had made the bran muffins last night to take with me,,everyone raved about them,so i'm giving the receipe's to everyyone and one of the girls breast feeding and can't have milk products but as there so little milk in she had one and was delighted to be having something:) i was delighted,,usually i'd have had a bit of everything but today stuck to 1 muffin (4pp) and 2 coffee's:D

delighted they went down so well! I'm making them every weekend for the next few weeks, that way i have a tonne of them in the freezer for when my exams are on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 llbb

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    BARM BRACK
    3pp per serving (makes 10 slices)
    You will need:

1lb loaf tin greased with spray oil and lined with grease proof paper
    80g(3oz) sultanas
    Grated zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon
    1 mug cold tea
    1 egg (medium)
    2tsp castor sugar
    175g (6oz) self raising flour
    150g apple peeled cored and grated.
    1 tsp mixed spice

Place the sultanas and lemon and orange zest into a bowl and pour over the cold tea. Leave to soak overnight.
    The next day pre heat the oven to gas mark4/180c/fan 160c. Stir in the apple to the fruit and tea mixture, with the castor sugar and the egg (beaten). Sift in the flour and the mixed spice. Mix well, then spoon the mixture into the greased loaf tin. Bake for 40 to 45mins, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins then cool on a wire rack. Serve in slices spread with ½ tsp low fat spread.
    It will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.

Ooooh yum yum yum! I have friends coming over tomorrow - this is so being made!! Thanks for putting it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Trek1974 wrote: »
    hi all , does anyone know how many points are in a 500ml can of miller (not pro points )

thanks

Miller per 330ml bottle = 5pp

Other drinks here..
    http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all, I haven't drank much alcohol since starting with ww, but I will be tomorrow night!

Could anyone tell me how many pp are in a measure of vodka, and also how many is in a bottle of budweiser?
    I've very apprehensive about drinking on ww this time I have to say, I guess its because its so high in pp!

From a fellow drinker!

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Well I'd a grilled chicken Caesar salad and onion rings for lunch in eddie rockets was delishious leaves me with 11pp for dinner might just have an omelette 

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Just back from a 5k walk on Mt Leinster. Haven't done it since last summer. Have forgotten how gorgeous it is. Was surprised though at how easy i found it compared to the last time, all the hours spent on the treadmill must be paying off:D Now Turkey Stirfry with Noodles for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

tantipie wrote: »
    i went to a coffee morning this morning and had made the bran muffins last night to take with me,,everyone raved about them,so i'm giving the receipe's to everyyone and one of the girls breast feeding and can't have milk products but as there so little milk in she had one and was delighted to be having something:) i was delighted,,usually i'd have had a bit of everything but today stuck to 1 muffin (4pp) and 2 coffee's:D

I tried these twice and both times they turned out kind of chewy on the outside. Would you mind putting up your recipe for me please? Or pming it? Thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

The blondies are amazing! They're a light coloured version of a brownie! But the WW recipe I have is more cakey so I put them in bun cases! I had malteasers in them too! They're amazing!!!!!!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I tried these twice and both times they turned out kind of chewy on the outside. Would you mind putting up your recipe for me please? Or pming it? Thanks:D

there meant to be like that, but i say if you reduce the bran wheat they'll be less chewy.

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 20
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Why not make a batch of these yummy biscuits. Perfect for guests, the kids and a cup of tea treat!

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    125 g Margarine, Hard, Vegetable Fats, at room temperature
    80 g Sugar, Icing
    1 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    180 g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising
    30 g Cornflour
    1 pinch Salt,

Filling:
    40 g Margarine, Hard, Vegetable Fats, at room temperature
    80 g Sugar, Icing
    1/2 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    50 g Weight Watchers Reduced Sugar Strawberry Jam
    2 teaspoons Sugar, Icing, for dusting

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C. Spray 2 baking sheets with calorie controlled cooking spray.

Beat the margarine and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the flours, then knead the mixture lightly for a few moments to make a soft, smooth dough.

Take small pieces of the dough and roll into 40 small balls, about the size of a walnut. Place onto the prepared baking sheets and press down with a fork.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm to the touch. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

For the filling, beat the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the vanilla extract. Spread a little over the flat sides of half the biscuits and top with ½ tsp jam. Sandwich together with the remaining biscuits. Serve, dusted with icing sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    there meant to be like that, but i say if you reduce the bran wheat they'll be less chewy.

Oh right, ha. I thought I made them wrong. Yes Ill try with less bran later. Thanks:D
    On another note Im p'd off today. Was up 1.5!! Now I know I was bad over paddys but I was super good since sunday, walking etc... Thought Id be the same anyway:(

• Advertisement

Just made WW BLondies!!!

Had no choc chips but used malteasers! ;)

They are smelling amazing! Need them to cool down now so I can eat one, or two....

They're working out at about 1.5 old points too! They're about 4pp so not bad at all!

They sound yum... have you got the recipe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Everyone has been so good so far, I feel guilty.

With being sick, obviously not in the mood for cooking. Got the Meal Deal for 4 in Four Star Pizza with the OH tonight. I've eaten half a garlic pizza bread, half a combo meal (wedges and chicken dippers) and 3 slices of ham and pepperoni pizza. Yano what the most annoying part of it is though, I couldnt taste any of it!!!!!!!! Such a waste, i'm so annoyed with myself. And he hasn't eaten any of the pizza so I know I will be picking at it later or tomorrow.

Doubt I will be well enough for exercise til Monday or maybe a short stroll on Sunday. So really hope I havent ruined my loss this week. Was really hoping for 1lb loss next WI, i'll get my sixth silver seven then...

Monife wrote: »
    Everyone has been so good so far, I feel guilty.
    Such a waste, i'm so annoyed with myself. And he hasn't eaten any of the pizza so I know I will be picking at it later or tomorrow.

Douse it in something you hate.. cover it in salt... pepper.. chilli flakes.. fairy liquid.. go do it now! Then you can't eat it!!!! (i do it all the time!) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

mmmmh,

on a bit of a downer right now, was meant to go running before work this morning but went to bed last night/woke up this morning with a painfull twinge in my groin. That put pay to the run:(.

I still got a 2 mile walk in over lunch, but it looks like I wont be running monday either, turning, steps, ... all aggravate the groin (I think i might have a slight groin strain)

... I was hoping to loose +3lbs this week to drop below 16st but without running I dont think I'll hit that now :mad:

Hope the 3Ltrs of water every day help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Douse it in something you hate.. cover it in salt... pepper.. chilli flakes.. fairy liquid.. go do it now! Then you can't eat it!!!! (i do it all the time!) :rolleyes:

how can you be so sure you don't like fairy liquid? it smells yum!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

amira wrote: »
    kay
    i agree with dammitj on this one. I'd say tea is definitely contributing to your water intake..
    I have my doubts when i put milk into it,, but i count it as fluid-water when it's just some herbal tea, like green tea or fruit tea.. i think is a healthier choice than diluted, although i like diluted better :p but i always have red berries tea around in case i want a hot, nice tasting, 0pp drink...

Yeah anything water-based without caffeine will contribute to your fluid intake for the day which dilutes your salts and flushes whatnot out of your body!
    It's all quite common-sensical really!

I'm great with the scientific facts being a scientist but I don't follow my own advice most of the time, ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

kashmir wrote: »
    Is this never going to end about the fruit!! It's really bad the way different classes are being given different information. Don't point any fresh fruit or tinned or jarred fruit in it's own juice except for avocado and point only the veg that we know from our handbooks and experience needs to be pointed - potatoes, turnip etc. Just live like this and you will reach a balance. STOP WORRYING EVERYONE, the sky is not going to fall in if you eat a bit of extra fruit believe me.

Kashmir such a laugh I got out of this!
    I really don't think eating too much fruit ever got anyone fat.
    Does anyone think that?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    how can you be so sure you don't like fairy liquid? it smells yum!! :)
    Oh dear lord... I love the apple smelling one.. last thing I need is to start pointing cleaning products... LOL ...Don't tempt me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Oh dear lord... I love the apple smelling one.. last thing I need is to start pointing cleaning products... LOL ...Don't tempt me! :D

he he :D smells lovely doesn't it. I remember a few years ago a girl I know was on a diet and she sprayed some kitchen cleaning spray on the skin of a chicken so she wouldn't eat it (obviously she had the skin off the chicken :D) but her niece came into the kitchen and picked it up and started to eat it cos she didn't know and she nearly puked :Dhe he

• Advertisement

up 1/2 lb this week...quite annoyed cos i did watch what i ate. and drink loads of water. it must be the tablets i'm on. i'm sure i'll get a decent result next week. Not going to dwell on it! The pain in my shoulder is gone...thats more important right now than a number on a scales.

my tight jeans.....officially fell off me yesterday! spent all day yesterday in college pulling them up. didnt think i'd need a belt for them :O (guess i do now)

NEW WEEK BEGINS!

Chicken Korma tonight....so excited....havent had chicken korma in over 18 months!

1 Large Chicken Breast 4pp
    125g Tesco Light Choices Korma Sauce 3pp
    100g (Dried) Brown Rice 9pp

Total = 16pp

Been working my ass off college wise for the last week...GO SO MUCH DONE! I deserve this dinner :P (even if the WI doesnt say so)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement