Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Back from WI up 0.5lb. Happy that it wasn't more as I honestly thought it'd be 1.5lbs. I'm determined to have a loss next week to properly get me back on track! Well done to people who had losses tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

m'lady wrote: »
    Wow a year?! thats brilliant it really is, and you are not bragging at all, I'm just gonna torment you for advice now lol. Well done, seriously, amazing achievement, it really is. Do you do much exercise?

Aw thanks so much!!!!
    Plough away with the advice! I like giving it, for what it's worth, because so many people helped me I'd like to do the same!

Exercise came gradually but now I do a fair bit!
    I started doing circuits at the figure 8 gym, and when I found that getting easy I moved to a proper gym which I'm still at. I usually go 3 times a week for about 40 mins (mix of classes or doing stuff myself!)
    Take the dog out for a walk a good bit too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

wi this evening and i was down 2lbs :D so thats a total of 2stone 3lbs now :D going to treat myself to a curly wurly in a minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Had my weigh in today - down 2lbs - delighted. I can't believe it after the week that was in it. I went to wagamama with my sister afterwards. It was FABBBBB!!! I pointed it when i got back to work, and its not actually that bad. Yaki Soba is 13 pp (i allowed 15 to be safe) and a glass of vino for 5. SO i still had 9 for my dinner - well well worth it :D

Well done everyone, you're al doing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Aw thanks so much!!!!
    Plough away with the advice! I like giving it, for what it's worth, because so many people helped me I'd like to do the same!

Exercise came gradually but now I do a fair bit!
    I started doing circuits at the figure 8 gym, and when I found that getting easy I moved to a proper gym which I'm still at. I usually go 3 times a week for about 40 mins (mix of classes or doing stuff myself!)
    Take the dog out for a walk a good bit too! ;)[/QUOTE

I'm doing a kinda similar thing in the gym at minute, haven't tried the classes yet though.

You must be so proud of yourself! if you could think of one tip,what would it be?!

• Advertisement

I'm doing a kinda similar thing in the gym at minute, haven't tried the classes yet though.

You must be so proud of yourself! if you could think of one tip,what would it be?!

Aw thanks! I'm blushing here!!!! :o

Em well one kind of combined tip would defo be TRACK but be honest with yourself when doing so! I went, and prob still go through phases of sneaking half a biscuit here etc... and not putting it on my tracker. They're they weeks I don't do aswell and I wonder why!?!! Ha!

Good weeks aren't necessarily the weeks I don't have biscuits, but the weeks that I write them on the tracker! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Em well one kind of combined tip would defo be TRACK but be honest with yourself when doing so! I went, and prob still go through phases of sneaking half a biscuit here etc... and not putting it on my tracker. They're they weeks I don't do aswell and I wonder why!?!! Ha!

Good weeks aren't necessarily the weeks I don't have biscuits, but the weeks that I write them on the tracker! :)

Don't blush you have done abosolutely amazing, really well done to you.
    Totally agree with you on the Tracking front, it definitely works, I write everything down, even the bad things, but the tracker is great to look back on.

Just have a quick questions, heading to an all day meeting tmw, so by the time i finish, I know I will be absolutely starving, there is an Abrakebabra directly opposite where the meeting is on so I thought I could grab something, I've had a quick look on their website and the nutrional value for the Chicken Baguette is as follows:

Protein: 11.9g
    Carbs: 20.8g
    Fat 5.4g
    Fibre 1.4g

I've calculated it to be 5pp but can anyone tell me does the nutritional info on the website include the mayo and sweet chilli sauce aswell. Sorry to have to ask but I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Totally agree with you on the Tracking front, it definitely works, I write everything down, even the bad things, but the tracker is great to look back on.

Just have a quick questions, heading to an all day meeting tmw, so by the time i finish, I know I will be absolutely starving, there is an Abrakebabra directly opposite where the meeting is on so I thought I could grab something, I've had a quick look on their website and the nutrional value for the Chicken Baguette is as follows:

Fat 5.4g
    Fibre 1.4g

I've calculated it to be 5pp but can anyone tell me does the nutritional info on the website include the mayo and sweet chilli sauce aswell. Sorry to have to ask but I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance

That seems ridiculously low :confused: A baguette alone would be around 4pp I'd say. I'd be very surprised if that nutrional information was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

Lit le update,

I.ve been doing WW(@home :D) for 7weeks now, and so far these are my figures:

WW1 : 3lbs lost
    WW2 : 3lbs lost
    WW3 : 2lbs lost
    WW4 : 2lbs lost
    WW5 : 4lbs lost
    WW5 : 1lbs lost - our little boys first birthday week
    WW6 : 1lbs lost - break out week;)

I'm now walking 10-12 miles a week and go running 3miles 2ce a week.

My next mini targets are breaking the 16st barrier followed by breaking the 100kgm mark and hitting the 10% mark... I'm 2Lbs from the 1st, 5lbs off the second and 9lbs away from the last.

Hoping to hit 1st next week, 2nd in 2 weeks and the 3rd in 4 weeks

I WI on wednesdays as this is the day my wife goes to WW. So this is my new week and hard work has started ... Leg are killing me after my run this evening:rolleyes:

PS: I'll be gathering some more receipes on here and add them to the previous spreadsheet I posted over the next week or so. I got as far as page 673 last time so will start from there.

Feel free to post more receipes for collection! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just been looking around for different places to see what has nutritional info online... all of the nutritional information for costa coffee is on there site :) (including all there pastries, coffees, cakes)

Costa Coffee Carrot Cake is 14pp, i say most coffee shop carrot cake would be about the same :)

its a handy guide for places like Starbucks, Insomnia, Gloria Jeans, and coffee houses in general :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Just had my second WI!!
    Down 3.5 last week, 3 this week. So happy!

ProPoints® Value: 13
    Servings: 2
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 5 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Super-quick and super-tasty. This is the perfect meal for a healthy home-from-work supper.

Ingredients
    3 tablespoons (level) Teriyaki Sauce
    1 tablespoons Lime Juice, Fresh, or lemon juice
    1 teaspoons (level) Chilli Powder
    350 g Fish, Tuna, Raw, fresh steak, cut into large chunks
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, and 1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    4 medium Spring Onions, finely sliced
    300 g Amoy Straight to Wok Thick Udon Noodles
    1 portion(s) Pak Choi, roughly sliced
    100 g Beansprouts, fresh
    1 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh, chopped
    300 ml Stock, Fresh
    1 pinch Salt
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)

Instructions
    Mix together the teriyaki sauce, lime or lemon juice and chilli powder or dried chilli flakes in a shallow, non-metallic dish. Add the chunks of tuna fish and stir to coat.

Heat the oil and cooking spray in a wok or large frying pan. Add the garlic and spring onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the tuna fish, reserving the liquid. Stir-fry over a high heat for 1 minute.

Add the noodles to the wok or frying pan and with the pak choi, bean sprouts, coriander, hot vegetable stock and reserved liquid. Cook gently for another 2-3 minutes.

Share the mixture between 2 warmed bowls and serve at once.

Notes
    Take care that you don’t overcook the tuna, or else it becomes tough. Use marlin or swordfish as an alternative.

Totally agree with you, this is the only time that I have ever joined ww that I am tracking properly and I am losing every week,albeit slowly,but I knew I would never lose weight quickly, as I have an underactive thyroid. And how are you finding the new plan compared to the old one?

That sounds yum Lainy, I love teriyaki. Don't like tuna though so would substitue that for chicken!

Fat 5.4g
    Fibre 1.4g

Thanks in advance

I think those baguettes are about 10 pp,without any fillings, I could be wrong, but I know they are high enough.

I am just thinking could that nutritional info be Just for the chicken and the sauce and not include the roll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

down 0.5 :D thought I was going to be up so I'm delighted. I feel like I'm in control again with going back to the old plan! was a bit bold after weigh in and devoured a choc aero and a half :S but plan to be impeccable for the next week, my birthday is 8days away and I want to look fab :L well done to all losers ;) and everyone else who's sticking with it!

That sounds yum Lainy, I love teriyaki. Don't like tuna though so would substitue that for chicken!

have you tried "fresh" tuna? it is 10 times better than the tinned stuff..Aldi do bags of frozen tuna steaks

Totally agree with you, this is the only time that I have ever joined ww that I am tracking properly and I am losing every week,albeit slowly,but I knew I would never lose weight quickly, as I have an underactive thyroid. And how are you finding the new plan compared to the old one?

I did the propoints for about a month and it just wasn't working. I was either maintaining or having small gains!

So I'm back on the old points and it's going grand at the moment!

ProPoints® Value: 10
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 40 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

A tasty curry dip perks up sausages and oven-baked wedges – perfectly!

Ingredients
    4 portion(s) (medium) Potatoes, Old, Raw, baking, each cut into 8 wedges
    4 teaspoons Oil, Olive
    1 pinch Salt
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    8 sausage(s) (medium) Sausages, Pork, Reduced Fat
    8 tablespoons Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat
    1 teaspoons (level) Tomato Purèe
    1 teaspoons Curry Powder, mild
    2 medium Spring Onions, finely chopped

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C/400°F. Put the potato wedges into a roasting tin and drizzle the olive oil over them. Season with salt and black pepper and toss together. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tender, turning them over after 20 minutes.

Preheat grill. Arrange sausages on grill rack and cook them under a medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes, turning often. Meanwhile make the dip by mixing the yogurt, tomato puree, curry powder and spring onions together.

Serve the sausages with the potato wedges and curry dip.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    have you tried "fresh" tuna? it is 10 times better than the tinned stuff..Aldi do bags of frozen tuna steaks

I'm not big on fish full stop. Would only really eat white fish. Can't even stand the smell of tuna, even the steaks!

• Advertisement

I'm not big on fish full stop. Would only really eat white fish. Can't even stand the smell of tuna, even the steaks!

I'd prob make it with chicken too haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Same as that on the chicken :)

Tracked absolutely everything so far this week, I've been really good about it and have been walking twice since Monday. Going out tonight so will stick to vodka & diet 7up and keep track of how many I drink :P

Really want my stone by April 10th, don't know why that date, it's just a little goal I've set myself, so here's hoping!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Confession time ppl :(

Went home last night and had a total chocolate BINGE :( Don't know what is wrong with me, I'm struggling to eat my full 29pp a day, even though I feel like I'm eating LOADS. Last night after dinner, I had 12pp left, which I just wasted on chocolate. This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast (4pp):
    Handful of Blueberries,
    30g Fruit & Fibre
    1/4 pint Skimmed Milk
    1 sliced banana

Tea-Break (0pp):
    1 Banana

Lunch(2pp):
    60g Smoked Salmon
    Lettuce
    5 slices cucumber
    5 cherry tomatoes
    5 slices Beetroot
    1/4 red pepper
    1/4 orange pepper

4pm Snack (1pp):
    1 diet yogurt

Dinner (9pp)
    Chicken Chow Mein
    Noodles

Snacks after dinner (12pp)
    1 Chilli Rice Cake
    1 WW Chocolate Biscuit
    1 WW Mini Roll
    1 WW Chocolate Bar
    1 Normal Size Crunchie

Milk for the Day (1pp)
    1/4 pint Skimmed Milk

I know my lunch was ridiculously low points, I normally add coleslaw to my salad but I'd none left. I have WI tonight and now feel like I've probably blown it even though I stuck to my points! Am trying to be good and have brought a higher pointed 4pp lunch with me today. I think I might be relying on the zero-pointed fruit & veg too much, what do ppl think?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Shoe lover I'd try swap out some of the treats you had for proper food 12pp is alot to use on treats In a day & with all the fruit & your breakfast cereal it seems like alot of sugar.

On the fruit & veg front that seems fine I probably have the same but maybe add some complex carb or extra protien for lunch? 40g of wholemeal pasta, brown rice or cous cous? Ryvita even

I find the days I eat noodles for dinner are my low point dinner days but it means I can have a higher point lunch or breakfast . One nest of m&s noodles is 2pp where as 60g of brown basmatti rice is 6pp so what I do if I get home & have lots of points left I swap out the noodles for rice or add extra protien. Another trick I do is make a bowl of porridge in the evening to satisfy hunger & a sweet tooth (some frozen berries or splenda)

I was finding it hard to eat my points too but the answer is not eating nearly a third on crappy (nutritionally speaking!) food while you may lose weight this way it's not really a good way to do it, it's easy to put back on & you don't want to be a skinny fat person ie someone who looks skinny on the outside but actually has high BP, high cholesterol, high blood sugar etc etc.

Maybe set aside 6pp max per day for treats? & maybe try to vary up your lunch by having chicken salad instead of smoked salmon.

Not trying to be preachy at all so hope that didn't come off as a lecture! I didn't mean it to if it did!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Thanks Kay and no, you didn't sound preachy! I need suggestions!

I wouldn't normally have 12pp left for treats, although I do normally try to keep about 6pp. As with you, when I have noodles, my dinners aren't that high in pp.

I don't know what was wrong with me last night, I wasn't hungry because it was 7pm before I had my dinner. I think I was just so tired and all I wanted to do was eat chocolate.

I'm going to take your suggestions into account and try to invent some new higher pp lunches. The problem is that my salad does look huge on my plate, my colleagues already think I'm a horse :P I might try incorporating some couscous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Can someone confirm something for me?

At my wife's meeting someone asked at what point do you point fruit?
    and the were told that once you go over 6pieces of fruit in a day you need to allow points for any addition fruit you eat.

Is this also the case for Veg/Salads?

I tend to eat 3/4 pieces of fruit a day, at least 1 salad(with 5/6 different items) and 2/3 different veg if I have cooked dinner( otherwise a second salead).

We all get days like that though shoelover so don't worry. I had a day like that 3 wks ago couldn't get enough chocolate I believe my binge was a m&s Choc mousse, curly Wurly, & 2 squares of dark choc!! (7pp) & finished it off with a loop the loop for 2 more! So I know exactly how it is.

Your day sounds pretty much similar to mine I have dinner at 7, 7.30 as well. My co workers also see me as a savage cos I'm eating more than I ever had before.

I came to the realisation that I've been under eating (with the occasional major binge!!) for the guts of 15 yrs - I'm 30 this is why I've never lost weight even though I went through 2 major physical traumas where I was in hospital for 2 weeks each time ate nearly nothing & no lie didn't lose a flipping pound!! So every bad thing I ate of alcohol splurge I had has all been held onto & not a pound lost but about 2 stone gained over those 15 yrs!

I'm not gonna lie I find it really hard to eat all my points & last wk I thought I had the answer a sandwich every day with my soup or salad.... & then I was up 0.5lbs!! Cos that much bread does not agree with me.

You're doing great on the fruit & veg so keep that up maybe just as you say adjust your lunch a bit :) best of luck with WI tonight you'll be grand! :D

I'd probably eat 3/4 pieces of fruit per day anything over that I'd point it. I would eat alot of veg & salad though & don't point that

Fruit has alot of natural sugar so I think it would be more important to point extra portions there than say broccoli or lettuce. They've pointed the high sugar & carb content veg already (ie parsnips, sweetcorn sweet potato etc)

Your daily pp has allowed for the nutritional content of your 5 a day, if someone was eating 6 pieces of fruit a day I personally think that's too much for zero pp.

But you've been on the plan eating as you are & getting results so it seems it's working for you :) Everyone is different do what's working for you & don't get too hung up on what others in your wifes meetings are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Absolutely delighted to lose 2.5 last night, bringing me to the 5 stone mark. :D My leader was really happy for me and has been very supportive. Aiming for a silver 7 for Easter now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Wow - 5 stone - that's amazing!!

I was down 1.5 last night so delighted with that - 8lbs to goal - bring it on!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement