Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Made my leader's brack today, it looked great when it was made but then it deflated :( Must ask her what the trick is to keeping it from falling in on itself - still tastes good though!

I tried an Antigravity Yoga class today - man it was tough! I dunno if anyone else has tried it but basically you use a hammock to stretch, do cardio and work on your flexibility. It was hard work but I was about as graceful as a baby elephant! :(

Going out tonight for a few drinks with the OH. Dunno whether to have wine or Coors Light? I'm not a big lager drinker but as I gave up fizzy drinks for lent, no vodka for me! Good thing too cos I drink it too fast!

Is slimline tonic regarded as a fizzy drink?? If I have a vodka or gin & slim, I only have one, maybe 2 with a push. If I have wine, I'm liable to have a least 2 glasses but at weekend could easily drink the bottle not a great fan of beer (maybe I should drink that so :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Thanks, make sure the Rhubarb doesn't take over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

kashmir wrote: »
    Is slimline tonic regarded as a fizzy drink?? If I have a vodka or gin & slim, I only have one, maybe 2 with a push. If I have wine, I'm liable to have a least 2 glasses but at weekend could easily drink the bottle not a great fan of beer (maybe I should drink that so :) )

I think it is a fizzy drink but it is a 0PP one. Myself, I can't stand tonic. So would prefer diet 7up, or diet redbull (bad, but love it with vodka).
    kashmir wrote: »
    No, it's not, don't worry. You are just not well. You'd be better off just having a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk. Nutri wise you'll be doing ok and not breaking the bank on your points. Sometimes you just need to do that. Or just chicken soup and brown bread. Whatever you do mind your health. No one wants to be skinny and sick. Don't forget A healthy body is BEAUTIFUL even overweight and has all the time in world to improve.

Thanks :) My OH said the exact same thing, he was like forget about points for now, just eat what you feel like and get better. I was stressing that even though i'm sick, I am still managing to eat my points and maybe a bit more, probably because I haven't been organised and have been having whatever is there and picking. Feel like I am on the right track now. Took an actifed (sp?) and nose seems to be drying up, thank god. It's nearly falling off me with all the blowing (tmi, sorry) haha

I think why I am stressing a bit, is because I went to WI last weds even though it was my 1st (and worst) day of sickness and had eaten barely anything and was down 4.5lbs!!! :eek: (the most I have ever been down in 1 week on ProPoints) I am worried I will be up this week as i'd say a good chunk of that loss was the fact there was little or no food in my belly!

On another note, I tried to return my runners today to Lifestyle and they were having none of it as they were a tiny bit (and I mean tiny bit) worn on the bottom, you would barely notice. The last time I went out in them, I could barely walk the last km my feet were so sore, the sides of my feet, and they felt like they were going numb. I think they are too narrow for me. I am absolutely raging as I spent 65 euro on them and they're useless to me now!

I want to go to Elvery's and get this thing called gait analysis done (they put you on a treadmill in different runners, and see what runners suit you best) and get new runners. Looking on their website, runners are on average 75-125 euro for a decent pair :eek: I was hoping to get a refund and put it towards getting better ones :( Don't think I can afford another pair, but I am going to have to find a way because I don't want my exercise to start slacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

......started day good but seems to have gone a bit pear shaped!!!!(bit like my figure really!)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Yum made a huge Smoothie used a lil too much frozen berries so turned into more of a sorbet, hubby ended up eating half of it on me thought it was delish  said he'd even consider having a runnier version for breaky during the wk (he's awful at eating in the mornings!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hi everyone I've been following this thread for a while and find it invaluable for recipes and general encouragement :)

I have a question re Eddie Rockets, I received the nutritional info from my leader with the pp worked out and according to it the hot dog is only 5pp.
    Do you think this is right?? would that only be for the meat?? I went to ER tonight and had the hot dog was yum yum but just wanted some advice so I can point it properly :) really hope someone can advise me. Thanks

Hi Guys, our leader gave us this list for Eddie Rockets. please note that for burgers you've to add meat, bun, sauces etc separately. I have the list in excel if anyone wants to pm me their email address :)

Breakfast
    2 Rashers - 5 pp
    2 Sausages - 5pp
    2 Hash Browns - 8pp
    Mushrooms - 1pp
    2 Toast - 4pp
    1 Fried Egg - 2pp
    Scrambled Egg - 5pp

Hot Dogs
    Foot Long - 5pp
    Chilli dog - 9pp
    Cheese Dog - 10pp
    Chilli Cheese Dog - 11pp
    Bacon Big Boy - 11pp

Nachos
    Nachos - 8pp
    Add Chili - 5pp
    Add Marinated Chicken - 4pp
    Add Guacamole - 4pp

Chilli
    Chilli Con Carne - 7pp
    Tortilla Chips - 4pp
    Grated Cheese - 4pp
    Blue Cheese Dressing - 11pp

Fish
    Fillet of Fish - 7pp
    Tartar Sauce - 3pp
    Bun - 3pp

Chicken
    Chicken Fillet - 4pp
    ER Secret Sauce - 7pp

Hamburger - 9pp
    Bacon - 1pp
    Caremlized Onion -1pp

Cheese & Sauce
    Cheddar - 4pp
    Swiss - 4pp
    Blue - 5pp
    Smoked - 5pp
    Melted Swiss - 5pp
    ER House Dressing - 7pp
    Bicks Relish - 1pp
    Pesto - 3pp

Veggie Burger - 6pp

Buffalo Wings - 6pp
    Wings Sauce - 2pp
    Tenders - 8pp
    Garlic Mayo - 7pp
    Cajun Dip - 3pp

Caesar Salad - 7pp
    Add chicken - 4pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Add Tenders - 8pp
    Add Mushrooms - 1pp

Regular Fries - 14pp
    Add Chilli - 5pp
    Add Cheese - 4pp
    Add Garlic - 7pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Bowl of mash - 2pp
    1/2 fries 1/2 onion rings - 18pp
    onion rings with garlic mayo - 12pp
    garlic mushrooms with mayo - 14pp

Fudge Brownie - 9pp
    Knickerbocker Glory - 12pp
    Ice Cream 100g - 14pp
    Cream 60g - 9pp

Floats All - 11pp
    Diet Float - 7pp
    Malt Shake - 28pp
    Oreo Shake - 24pp
    Milk Shake - 27pp

Above are the points for Eddie Rockets.

It does say the foot long hot dog is 5PP but I would imagine that is for the meat only. You would have to add extra PP for bread and sauces/toppings.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Thanks for that quick reply :) I was thinking that it must only be the meat - would be to good to be true otherwise!! I allowed 5pp for the bun, do you think this would be enough?? I must check the NI value of a hot dog bun in supermarket tomorrow to get an idea. thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I picked up a packet of Galtee Ham, the pack of 5 slices is only 2pp, really good pp value.

I love this ham...sometimes I use the whole packet if I'm having a baguette to bulk it out more!! 11PP for ham baguette (I don't eat butter) - can't go wrong for that!! I do love my rolls :)
    Monife wrote: »
    I want to go to Elvery's and get this thing called gait analysis done (they put you on a treadmill in different runners, and see what runners suit you best) and get new runners. Looking on their website, runners are on average 75-125 euro for a decent pair :eek: I was hoping to get a refund and put it towards getting better ones :( Don't think I can afford another pair, but I am going to have to find a way because I don't want my exercise to start slacking!

Monife, I got a pair of Hi-tec runners in Sports World in Heatons and I have to say they are soooo comfy and light for walking. Have never blistered wearing them and for only €20 they were a bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Monife wrote: »

I would recommend spending that kind of money on runners( and getting the analysis done). You can buy cheap runners but you will do damage to your knee's, ankles,(you could get shin splints(very painfull)... if you are pounding the roads that is.

the analysis will recommend a type of runner that compencates for you running still, how your feet 'fall', ....

If you are always walking on grass, then the runners arent as important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I bought my runners in February and they were around €75. so worth it though cos they are comfy when Im walking or running and I never have sore feet after it.

Also just wondering is canderel 0pp?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

jackmax wrote: »
    I bought my runners in February and they were around €75. so worth it though cos they are comfy when Im walking or running and I never have sore feet after it.

Also just wondering is canderel 0pp?:)

splenda, canderel (and the lidl version) are all 0pp

attempting these damn lemon and poppy seed muffins again.....

followed the recipe to the T. gram for gram....

GRRRR! they keep coming out as these flat ugly things...they are really tasty...but they are coming out half the size they should be so its kinda a waste of 4 pp :(

ProPoints : 4
    Servings: 12
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

These muffins are the perfect way to start your day. They're so delicious, and they also make a great afternoon snack.

Ingredients
    190 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    165 g Sugar, Caster
    2 1/2 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
    1/2 teaspoons Salt
    1 medium Lemon, zest of whole lemon
    1 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
    300 ml Buttermilk
    2 tablespoons Butter, melted
    1 medium Egg, Whole, lightly beaten

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
    Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups.
    Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next four ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in lemon rind and poppy seeds; make a well in centre of mixture. Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
    Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3⁄4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
    Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Place on wire rack to cool completely.

I've tried use self raising flour WITH the baking soda and bicarbonate,
    i've tried them and mixing the batter more lightly,
    i've tried leaving them in the oven till its cooled down,

Not only, they dont rise enough....but when i take them out.....they fall in the middle....so annoying cos to even find the poppy seeds was a real chore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 llbb

Had the most amazing pizza for dinner last night - I was craving cheese all day so I went off to Tesco to see what I could have...

Picked up the Milano's take away pizza, Pollo and pesto pizza -chicken and chargrilled peppers with pesto. Pointed it and it came out at 8pp per half. Decided I would have half with a big salad.

It was the tastiest dinner I have had in weeks and for a big dinner for 16 pp it is totally worth it!!!!

Yum YUM :)

llbb wrote: »
    Had the most amazing pizza for dinner last night - I was craving cheese all day so I went off to Tesco to see what I could have...

Picked up the Milano's take away pizza, Pollo and pesto pizza -chicken and chargrilled peppers with pesto. Pointed it and it came out at 8pp per half. Decided I would have half with a big salad.

It was the tastiest dinner I have had in weeks and for a big dinner for 16 pp it is totally worth it!!!!

Yum YUM :)

NICE! I am stocking up on those for the the week of my exams....something quick and easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Hi Lainy, I follow this thread all the time, and just seeing your baking problem I thought I would post!
    I would use plain flour, baking powder ( leave out the bi soda) mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, wisk the wet ingredients and sugar together in another bowl and the lighty fold the two together, it doesn't have to be all smooth, a lumpy batter makes a lighter muffin!
    Anyway hope that helps you out a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

@ladylainy and GT_TDI_150...just popped on to download some of your fabulous recipes, wanted to say thanks for posting them.
    Going to friends house this afternoon and instead of just buying a cake or a packet of biscuits, I'm going to make my own.
    At least that way I will know exactly what i'm eating.

I'm in such a lazy mode this weekend. Haven't walked the last two days. So annoyed with myself, but by the time we had all our bits down in town yesterday I just didn't feel like going for a walk.
    The weather is such a great motivator and I feel really bad that I'm not out making the most of it.

Anyway, was out for a friends 30th last night and only had 4 drinks!!!!! 3 wines and a malibu and coke. Didn't touch any of the finger food. Woohooo!

Had hot dogs from Lidl for dinner on friday, they are the ones in a can. Only 69c a can...100g worked out at 5pp which was three sausages. I had two with two rolls and the sauce. Haven't pointed the rolls but wouldn't be a bad friday night treat.

Anyway, I'm off to start baking! Hope everyone has a great day :)

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Hi Lainy, I follow this thread all the time, and just seeing your baking problem I thought I would post!
    I would use plain flour, baking powder ( leave out the bi soda) mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, wisk the wet ingredients and sugar together in another bowl and the lighty fold the two together, it doesn't have to be all smooth, a lumpy batter makes a lighter muffin!

Thats exactly what i did this morning,
    wet in one bowl, dry in another,
    had a lumpy batter,
    i did use self raising + baking power and bicarbonate,

this mornings attempt have turned out the best so far....still look a little flat...but they kinda rose...and so far they have sank!

I turned off oven about 3 or 4 mins before the 22mins, and left them to finish baking in the heat of the oven, didnt take them out till oven had cooled completely. Trial & error,

next time i might try them in queen cake liners, have 24 of them at 2pp each.

Does anyone have a basic muffin base recipe? I'd love to try banana muffins, but all the ones i've found are kinda 5 or 6pp each. i like to keep my muffins to around the 4pp mark,

Thanks! Lumpy = Lighter :D ....oh if only that rule worked for us aswell...cos i'm very lumpy LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Thanks! Lumpy = Lighter :D ....oh if only that rule worked for us aswell...cos i'm very lumpy LMAO
    Ha ha exactly, we'd be sorted then! Ive loads if recipes for muffins etc, I have to make them ww friendly tho , a lot of them have veg oil in them, that's usually the key to makin them, have a great choc and banana one so will tweak around with it and post it up later !

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I would recommend spending that kind of money on runners( and getting the analysis done). You can buy cheap runners but you will do damage to your knee's, ankles,(you could get shin splints(very painfull)... if you are pounding the roads that is.

the analysis will recommend a type of runner that compencates for you running still, how your feet 'fall', ....

If you are always walking on grass, then the runners arent as important.

Thanks. Yeah I am definitely going to get decent runners. After wearing crap ones, and decent ones (that just don't suit me, Nike), I definitely know I need a good pair. Also, with taking up jogging recently, definitely need a good pair. Yeah I am not running on grass so need to take extra care. Going to ring Elvery's on Monday and see where I can book an appointment.

One plus, is that 50euro one4all voucher I won in work recently, I can use it in Elvery's. So will just have to put a bit of money to it myself.

Ha ha exactly, we'd be sorted then! Ive loads if recipes for muffins etc, I have to make them ww friendly tho , a lot of them have veg oil in them, that's usually the key to makin them, have a great choc and banana one so will tweak around with it and post it up later !

Thanks that would be great! They are just the perfect snack for college, coffee and a muffin 5pp! instead of a 7pp jambon!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Monife I'd reccomend going to elverys. For me I've never found Nike or addidas that comfy to walk or run in I see them as more a 'fashion shoe' than good running shoe i go for asics gels & while not necessarily pretty have always been the best for me with great support around the ankle & arch. I got my last pair about 2 years ago & they're still going strong they probably cost about €120

Great you have the voucher it takes the sting out of buying a new pair best of luck Be sure to find a pair that suit you & your needs :)

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Monife I'd reccomend going to elverys. For me I've never found Nike or addidas that comfy to walk or run in I see them as more a 'fashion shoe' than good running shoe i go for asics gels & while not necessarily pretty have always been the best for me with great support around the ankle & arch. I got my last pair about 2 years ago & they're still going strong they probably cost about €120

Great you have the voucher it takes the sting out of buying a new pair best of luck Be sure to find a pair that suit you & your needs :)

Thanks Kay. I now realised the runners I bought really just were a "fashion shoe", annoyed with myself that I was swayed so much because they were so cute, should have listened to the OH and shop around.

Feel much better today, think I might go out for a short walk, about 2km. Don't want to start a long one then realise I am not up to it. Can you believe, even though I was sick, I still managed to use 32 of my weeklies :eek: I have come to terms that I will probably see a plus this week, as a result of the big (slightly fake) loss last week. Just going to ignore it though, as it won't be a real gain (hopefully), just that I have food in my belly, where as I hadn't much last WI.

Hi all,

Came across this site this morning while googling PP friendly baking ideas!! http://cakeinthecountry.com/category/weightwatchers-propoints/ I think they look scrummy and only 4PP each (20 portions per recipe)! I was looking through the site and found a few other recipes (definitely NOT WW friendly) that look AMAZING especially the chocolate molten lava cakes, might try get these a bit more WW friendly but doubt it very much :rolleyes:

I'm really in the mood to do a bit of baking today! The toblerone cookies & blondies sound so yum too! Have my lil brother & sister staying with me but when they go home later, I think me & DD1 will be getting the aprons on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

I went to my WI this week and was up 3 1/2 i was disguted:mad: it was my totm but i had been really good and did 3 days of cto5k, then to make matters worse i asked what my goal was (as im only starting back ) and she said to loose 3 stone :eek: I thought it was a lot as im a size 14! So im totally deflated! But im gonna keep going.
    Im doing cto5k on week two..can anyone who has looses on a regular basis let me knw how many times a week they exersize... im doing at least 3 days anyway but i dnt want to go overboard either coz i was this to be a lifestyle change not a chore :confused:

Elliex wrote: »
    I went to my WI this week and was up 3 1/2 i was disguted:mad: it was my totm but i had been really good and did 3 days of cto5k, then to make matters worse i asked what my goal was (as im only starting back ) and she said to loose 3 stone :eek: I thought it was a lot as im a size 14! So im totally deflated! But im gonna keep going.
    Im doing cto5k on week two..can anyone who has looses on a regular basis let me knw how many times a week they exersize... im doing at least 3 days anyway but i dnt want to go overboard either coz i was this to be a lifestyle change not a chore :confused:

Hi Elliex, I was doing loadsa exercise a few weeks ago & I was up & it totally threw me off course!! I dint bother with WW for a few weeks but now back on track. I think sometimes you don't see the exercise results until the following week...this seems to be quite common!! I was training for the C25K too but like i said everything went out the window for a few weeks...think I'll start it again this week, there seems to be a few people on here training so it keep me on track :rolleyes:

Elliex wrote: »

I am doing C25K aswell. On week 3. Got chest infection on Wednesday though so probably won't run til Thursday (day after WI) and when I get some decent runners. On a good week, I would exercise 6 days a week. 3 days of C25k and then walking on the other days. On evenings that I am stuck for time I would only do about 25 mins. Other days I would do about 45/50 mins of walking. I have just under 6 stone left to lose, so don't get disheartened, just focus on mini goals, the next silver seven etc that is what I am doing. When I have 50lbs lost (on 41lbs at the mo) I am going to treat myself to some new clothes.

Also, my leader said, when she was trying to lose the weight, she exercised every day or 6 days a week and now she exercises 3 days a week.

Hi Garden_gurl, yea its so irritating is'nt it coz when it doesnt show you feel like ah well whats the point!! im hoping it will show this week....it HAS to :D I did the old ww and lost a stone so i knw i can do it.. suppose its just going back to basics again with pro points!
    Yeah couch to 5k is great... i always walked for at least an hour but felt like i needed to do more. I joined bootcamp (which was soooooo hard) & did that for ages but was out with an injury for months so im doing cto5k now... its tough but i feel great after it & its only a half hour every time :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Monife, when i feel disheartened this thread is fab :) 6 days a week fair play!! I know i should prob do more for the first few months anyway... like when i come back from couch to 5k i do feel great and i do be thinking oh my god only 30 mins out of my day theres no reason why i cant do it at least 6 days a week and have a rest day then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement