Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

So Tubs has the dreaded dose. Or something very similar to it. Ah well, may we wish him a recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I came into the kitchen this morning to hear what I thought was Michael D going a bit nutty on the radio, took a few seconds to realise it was OC.

Did a double take when I switched to Newstalk and he was there too chatting to PK, the real Michael D this time. :)

elperello wrote: »
    I came into the kitchen this morning to hear what I thought was Michael D going a bit nutty on the radio, took a few seconds to realise it was OC.

Did a double take when I switched to Newstalk and he was there too chatting to PK, the real Michael D this time. :)

Are you sure? :D

Are you sure? :D

Now that you mention it..........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

UsBus wrote: »
    Does Oliver Callan offer anything else other than tired impressions......?....

The most important thing he offers is that he's not Tubridy.

Or Maggie Doyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was Mr. Sniffles on this morning?

Was Mr. Sniffles on this morning?

Just to be pedantic, he’s got a “persistent cough”. :D

And, er, nope

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

So Tubbers has C. V. 1. 9

Kindness has its price

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

PBH just announced Ryan has tested positive.

So Tubbers has C. V. 1. 9

Kindness has its price

Be interesting to see can he milk it as much as Ciara Kelly did. And to learn about what bukes he's reading.

• Advertisement

Copying and pasting a post I made on another thread here:

How the heck did Ryan Tubridy just get tested, considering he only dr sloped symptoms after the new criteria came in? Maybe he has an underlying condition, but even if so he seems to have got priority.

It is sickening to see “celebrities” getting priority over medical workers and carers.

In fact I’m incensed by this celebrity testing priority. Gonna get on the twitter machine to the powers dat be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Copying and pasting a post I made on another thread here:

How the heck did Ryan Tubridy just get tested, considering he only dr sloped symptoms after the new criteria came in? Maybe he has an underlying condition, but even if so he seems to have got priority.

It is sickening to see “celebrities” getting priority over medical workers and carers.

I didn`t see it but did he not get tested on the LLS last Friday week which was before the new criteria came in. Or was that a sham test?

I didn`t see it but did he not get tested on the LLS last Friday week which was before the new criteria came in. Or was that a sham test?

It was certainly a sham show.

I’m sorry he has got it (but it may yet visit far more of us) but I do notice that Claire Byrne and Ciara Kelly both “carried on” as best they could, whereas Ryan has disappeared from sight. Maybe he’s just catching up on all those delicious books and intriguing films??

I hope I don’t have to eat my somewhat less than kind words and thoughts.... But meanwhile, the trajectory of Miriam’s LLS star is still soaring up above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

It was a sham test because at the time he said they were destroying so as not to waste resources and time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’m sorry he has got it (but it may yet visit far more of us) but I do notice that Claire Byrne and Ciara Kelly both “carried on” as best they could, whereas Ryan has disappeared from sight. Maybe he’s just catching up on all those delicious books and intriguing films??

I hope I don’t have to eat my somewhat less than kind words and thoughts.... But meanwhile, the trajectory of Miriam’s LLS star is still soaring up above.

Or he might have a more serious or severe case of it. Christ, this thread really does attract them.

To be fair he’s probably got a cough that would interrupt his attempts at broadcasting too much. Also if his breathing/lungs are affected the way mine were, then he couldn’t talk continuously. It’s a variable illness, but all we keep hearing about are the very serious cases and the very mild cases. With me it was at times quite serious, and I would have been hospitalised briefly had I been in Ireland.

To be fair he’s probably got a cough that would interrupt his attempts at broadcasting too much. Also if his breathing/lungs are affected the way mine were, then he couldn’t talk continuously. It’s a variable illness, but all we keep hearing about are the very serious cases and the very mild cases. With me it was at times quite serious, and I would have been hospitalised briefly had I been in Ireland.

OK, I am happy to stand corrected.

Or he might have a more serious or severe case of it. Christ, this thread really does attract them.

OK. I found Catmaniac’s reply more helpful - and kind

• Advertisement

Maybe he is hospitalised, in which case that would explain his quick testing. But Claire Byrne, Ciara Kelly etc were fit enough to be in their sheds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Maybe he is hospitalised, in which case that would explain his quick testing. But Claire Byrne, Ciara Kelly etc were fit enough to be in their sheds.

Looks like he hasn`t been.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/coronavirus/ryan-tubridy-has-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/ar-BB11VfY7?li=BBr5KbJ

Sorry to hear that RT has the virus.
    I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Tubs says he’s grand.
    Just not well enough to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Oliver got the memo from Ryan to continue the Trump-bashing in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,622 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Oliver Callan is far more entertaining and better than that other presenter, he just needs some more interview technique that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Mike Denver!

Hasn’t the country suffered enough? :D

Hes a one trick donkey

But...your not in the creative industry ;)

• Advertisement

Mike Denver!

Hasn’t the country suffered enough? :D

Wow, so to speak. The barrel has been well and truly scraped.

Those country boys are almost as big frauds as Mr. Duffy et al., and largely in a cash business too so to speak. Ever see the back of the Sunday Wurlild - these Irish Country boyos are playing 3 and 4 gigs a night up in various pockets of the country...mainly border counties from what I could see but I also belive it's alive and well in Munster too.

12dYJSGgVwYj1E2fpGFd--MQOBk9dG1eywxbbJkOjESnGdPV6qrJ3D_yrOl1E82Oh5wNzaFdO5skhu-pxv0fU8FhGhcGG4dsFsFns0jBFdk6QrEDDiYJKR6wiB87YgOG4sSU6mLcEEEhIu1ujCNun5Pxvizo3lo

In all my time in Gaillimh, I never once saw anyone dressed like that so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement