Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Kindness" hasn't taken the week off.

Kindness is all over RTE’s broadcast list now. Death is stalworth favourite, but must take a short holiday as it would be seen to be distasteful in the current pandemic. All the death will mount up, and the presenters will be dying to get back into normal business with such a back-catalogue of corpses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

anyone catch the promo?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    anyone catch the promo?

Wrong thread caller, so to speak.

Have you started on the sherry earlier than usual today?

Kindness is all over RTE’s broadcast list now. Death is stalworth favourite, but must take a short holiday as it would be seen to be distasteful in the current pandemic. All the death will mount up, and the presenters will be dying to get back into normal business with such a back-catalogue of corpses.

No pun intended? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Wrong thread caller, so to speak.

Have you started on the sherry earlier than usual today?

Apologies! there is if course a standing agenda on this programme - Waffle, books,JFK, kindness, late late show, fake texts and misery.

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Apologies! there is if course a standing agenda on this programme - Waffle, books,JFK, kindness, late late show, fake texts and misery.

You left out "The Toy Show" and "plain cake".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You left out "The Toy Show" and "plain cake".

"Mind each other", and that was before the virus came to town.

"Mind each other", and that was before the virus came to town.

He might eventually go full Jerry Spinger on it:

Take care of yourself, and each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ciara Kelly - Hot press

Claire Byrne - Shed

Ryan Tubridy - Oliver Callan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Oliver callan is a breath of fresh air in this slot. I normally switch over to new stalk at this time but I'm enjoying Oliver here.

he seems to be channeling an inner gay byrne

Annnd I'm out. This fella is an oxygen thief

She tweeted about it yesterday.

So that's where the researchers found her.

Ciara Kelly - Hot press

Claire Byrne - Shed

Ryan must be rightly sick with this bug, that he is unable to broadcast from any alcove in his home.

Ryan must be rightly sick with this bug, that he is unable to broadcast from any alcove in his home.

No room. All the alcoves are stuffed with books and kindness;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Surprised he hasn't released a video message from his home library yet. Only a matter of time I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Ciara Kelly - Hot press

Claire Byrne - Shed

And on last nights news Marty Morrisey from a shed as well, has RTE purchased sheds for them to do broadcasts so they don't need to come in to the studio.

Surprised he hasn't released a video message from his home library yet. Only a matter of time I'd say.

Or summoned the chip van to be brought to his driveway

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/03/25/man-makes-sure-to-set-up-laptop-in-front-of-bookcase-ahead-of-skype-meeting/

Just making sure there’s a goodly spread of classics, autobiographies, novellas, poetry, mindfulness and political books. And no smut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I have a Skype interview myself in an hour. Gonna be doing it in front of my stockpile of Guinness cans.

Even more impressive than books I reckon. Shows good planning skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Probably mentioned here before, but Tubs is definitely basing his style on Sue Perkins. She's practically his twin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Will tubs be back for the TV show tomorrow night

Probably mentioned here before, but Tubs is definitely basing his style on Sue Perkins. She's practically his twin!

Ah FFS,are you telling us theres two of them !!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Will tubs be back for the TV show tomorrow night

I hope so.

As Paul Simon wrote -

I'm not the kind of man
    Who tends to socialize
    I seem to lean on
    Old familiar ways

Still Crazy After All These Years

I’d never noticed that before but I agree, spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Does Oliver Callan offer anything else other than tired impressions......? Oh I forgot, ill informed opinions on how we shouldn't be cancelling the parades for a simple fleeting virus.....How's that expertise going for you now Oliver...? Should not be providing airtime to someone completely deluded and unaware of the public mood..

Painful listening to his crap at 9.00 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

That ‘Coronavirus Rhapsody’ was absolutely hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

UsBus wrote: »
    Does Oliver Callan offer anything else other than tired impressions......? Oh I forgot, ill informed opinions on how we shouldn't be cancelling the parades for a simple fleeting virus.....How's that expertise going for you now Oliver...? Should not be providing airtime to someone completely deluded and unaware of the public mood..

Shills the Shinners a lot on the Twitther feeds,so he does.

Seems to be very much a populist kind of chappie,so he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

UsBus wrote: »

Is that who it is? Maybe I should have listened longer. Heard a brief bit of garbage and hit the off button.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement