Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    You'll have missed the phoney baloney message he received from the mother of a teenager who sat down with the mother to listen to Tubridy, I kid you not and what did the teenager say when listening to the show 'He's not half bad is he'

Thanks for that, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You'll have missed the phoney baloney message he received from the mother of a teenager who sat down with the mother to listen to Tubridy, I kid you not and what did the teenager say when listening to the show 'He's not half bad is he'

I didn't last that long

and the lad went on to say, "Actually, he's all bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

"A father and his two ducklings out for a jog at 7am this morning"

oh f*ck off with that sh*te !!

sligojoek wrote: »
    I didn't last that long

WHOY?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

WHOY?

SJ chose a colonoscopy over listening any longer, so did I, although I chickened out at the door :):)

Home now perfecting my ping pong skilz

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

SJ chose a colonoscopy over listening any longer, so did I, although I chickened out at the door :):)

Home now perfecting my ping pong skilz

Tiddley winks is where it's at.

I was talking to the wife this evening.

She seems very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Silly Gilly

Thanks for that, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

*Christmas 2020 in the ButtersSuki family household*

Parent: So children, what did the year 2020 bring for you all?

Sibling 1: I worked countless double shifts in the hospital and saved many lives during the Covid outbreak.

Sibling 2: I also saved many lives while risking my own.

ButtersSuki: I made several thousand posts on an obsure web forum complaining about Joe Duffy, Ciara Kelly and Ryan Tubridy.

*Awkward silence ensues as everyone stares at the floor*

Get a life, pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sibling 1: I worked countless double shifts in the hospital and saved many lives during the Covid outbreak.

ButtersSuki: I made several thousand posts on an obsure web forum complaining about Joe Duffy, Ciara Kelly and Ryan Tubridy.

Get a life, pal!

Whoooooy

Get a life, pal!

Oh no! What will I do? I’ve been criticised on an obscure web forum by someone complaining (I suspect without a hint of irony) about me criticising others on an obscure online forum.

FWIW “pal”, this is my outlet. I work in healthcare and in a hospital. This is my 36th day in work out of the last 37 (incl. weekends). The shortest day I’ve had in that time is 14 hours. So forgive me if I hurt the feelings of your precious broadcasting heroes.

As for my parents and siblings, one of my parents and more than one of my siblings are doctors, as are other members of my extended family. So, with respect, I suspect I have a better understanding of what’s going on at the moment than you. If you spent more time helping others you might understand what it’s really like in the real world and see for yourself what a complete disgrace it is than gobshoytes like Bryan Tubridy and Mr. Duffy are “earning” more than 10 times what a frontline nurse earns.

• Advertisement

Oh no! What will I do? I’ve been criticised on an obscure web forum by someone complaining (I suspect without a hint of irony) about me criticising others on an obscure online forum.

FWIW “pal”, this is my outlet. I work in healthcare and in a hospital. This is my 36th day in work out of the last 37 (incl. weekends). The shortest day I’ve had in that time is 14 hours. So forgive me if I hurt the feelings of your precious broadcasting heroes.

As for my parents and siblings, one of my parents and more than one of my siblings are doctors, as are other members of my extended family. So, with respect, I suspect I have a better understanding of what’s going on at the moment than you. If you spent more time helping others you might understand what it’s really like in the real world and see for yourself what a complete disgrace it is than gobshoytes like Bryan Tubridy and Mr. Duffy are “earning” more than 10 times what a frontline nurse earns.

Jaysus Butthers you fired a big bazooka there, and that’s a fact.

Anything left in the cannon?

Well done for keeping us safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

He comes from a "medical" family Brenner...knows more about most things than even a "C status Exec".

Definite bang of Trinners and South County Dublin off him....clever cove...

Probably begins most of his sentences with "So".

He comes from a "medical" family Brenner...knows more about most things than even a "C status Exec".

Any lad in the health field these days Nevin, has my back.

He can start his sentences with “You greasy scrote” for all I care once he contributes like the hero he is.

Don’t want to be in the clutches of C19 .

Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Whoooy are you like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

*Christmas 2020 in the Silly Gilly family household*

Silly Gilly: I provided a comprehensive counter opinion to a guy I've never met on the Internet, who made several thousand posts on an obscure web forum complaining about Joe Duffy, Ciara Kelly and Ryan Tubridy.

Go on Gilly, do me, do me, a bit of lockdown humour :pac:

MOD NOTE - I am a bit under the weather with possible Covid-19, but I am getting around to occasional looking around the forum and where I see issues I am giving deserved bans and infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,541 ✭✭✭✭elperello

MOD NOTE - I am a bit under the weather with possible Covid-19, but I am getting around to occasional looking around the forum and where I see issues I am giving deserved bans and infractions.

Take care, get well soon.
    Don't be putting yourself under any pressure.

I love an aul jigsaw, so I do, especially when I have idle hands here as I am, locked into my apartment and without the cat to distract me, who has an extended hotel stay. You have thrown enough pieces in de table to complete de whole fambily portrait, so to speak ;)

I love an aul jigsaw, so I do, especially when I have idle hands here as I am, locked into my apartment and without the cat to distract me, who has an extended hotel stay. You have thrown enough pieces in de table to complete de whole fambily portrait, so to speak ;)

There’s a vet too.

• Advertisement

There’s a vet too.

All sentient beings catered for! Well done (seriously). :)

There’s a vet too.

I Know Dat x 3
    There’s Little de Curious Cat doesn’t know.

One even sometimes discovers links in de aul fambily genealogy with de odd boardsie so to speak. Oireland is a very small country so it is.

De surgeon didn’t get my leg, de vet won’t get my cat. :D

Prowling as it were.

Prowling as it were.

In Namibia I witnessed de extraordinary moment of a leopard killing a steinbok-dispatched instantly. Had waited over 20 minutes watching de cat setting his sight low in de grass with de innocent little deer totally unaware of his imminent demise.

In Namibia I witnessed de extraordinary moment of a leopard killing a steinbok-dispatched instantly. Had waited over 20 minutes watching de cat setting his sight low in de grass with de innocent little deer totally unaware of his imminent demise.

That could be an analogy for how Duffy stalks his prey when they come on air to discuss one topic but are totally unaware of the misery that will be drawn out of them imminently.

That could be an analogy for how Duffy stalks his prey when they come on air to discuss one topic but are totally unaware of the misery that will be drawn out of them imminently.

Wat colour was de leopard so to speak? Was he green if he could hide in de grass?

I wouldn't go on the Twitter machine and post about that, lest you be considered to be approving of the situation and fall prey to the social media backlash yourself!

• Advertisement

Wat colour was de leopard so to speak? Was he green if he could hide in de grass?

Dis colour so to speak....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement