Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Wow, so to speak. The barrel has been well and truly scraped.

Those country boys are almost as big frauds as Mr. Duffy et al., and largely in a cash business too so to speak. Ever see the back of the Sunday Wurlild - these Irish Country boyos are playing 3 and 4 gigs a night up in various pockets of the country...mainly border counties from what I could see but I also belive it's alive and well in Munster too.

12dYJSGgVwYj1E2fpGFd--MQOBk9dG1eywxbbJkOjESnGdPV6qrJ3D_yrOl1E82Oh5wNzaFdO5skhu-pxv0fU8FhGhcGG4dsFsFns0jBFdk6QrEDDiYJKR6wiB87YgOG4sSU6mLcEEEhIu1ujCNun5Pxvizo3lo

In all my time in Gaillimh, I never once saw anyone dressed like that so to speak.

Seven Spanish angels?

I think I was in that club in Ibiza, but I could only afford 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Seven Spanish angels?

I think I was in that club in Ibiza, but I could only afford 2.

I think in Mike's case he's referring to 7 chung wans he finger-banged (with thanks to Jay from The Inbetweeners) under the Spanish Arch after a gig in the Claddagh Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thumbed a third one, they say.

For an encore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Mike And The Dykes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭plodder

This is a better format for OC than Callans Kicks. Quite amusing this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

small town boy one of the greatest pop songs ever and indeed one of the best metal covers of all time courtesy of paradise lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Callan trying his best to twist the tears out of this guy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

plodder wrote: »
    This is a better format for OC than Callans Kicks. Quite amusing this morning.

Same again today.

Like a breath of fresh air.

No
    Books
    Anti phones
    JFK
    Trump
    Kindness
    Jigsaws

All light hearted stuff between morning Ireland and SOR.

We need a break every so often

Aaah no.

The guest just said " kind" twice in the space of a minute.

Who's this lad? I had to get out of bad for a few minutes and missed the intro

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Same again today.

Like a breath of fresh air.

No
    Books
    Anti phones
    JFK
    Trump
    Kindness
    Jigsaws

All light hearted stuff between morning Ireland and SOR.

We need a break every so often

i think he's doing good, and he's definitely mimicking gay byrnes vocal style which was refreshing back in the day

i think he's doing good, and he's definitely mimicking gay byrnes vocal style which was refreshing back in the day

Starts off with his usual cut at FG, not satire either, strange how RTE dont rein him in.

For some reason never has a go a SF....... puzzling. :confused:

Starts off with his usual cut at FG, not satire either, strange how RTE dont rein him in.

There’s nothing to have a go at , they’re MIA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

Getting too political.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Isn't Shiny Face from somewhere up near the baaawder Ben ?

He's from Monaghan hi so he is.

Aah the usual cut at Leo.......caretaker Taoiseach.

He won’t be there much longer anyway.

Who, OC or Leo? By all means say goodbye to Oliver (who’s ok on his “Kicks”) but please keep Leo - for the time being at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Oliver's in flying form this morning :) Having a good laugh for the first twenty minutes or so. But can he keep it up? Probably.

RTE would be fools to let him out of this slot, perfectly suited.

Give Mr.Tubridy a gig on some evening books show where we might actually listen to him or might not.

They won't of course, as Callan can sail a bit close to the wind and they wouldn't want to be offending de powers that be.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Oliver's in flying form this morning :) Having a good laugh for the first twenty minutes or so. But can he keep it up? Probably.

RTE would be fools to let him out of this slot, perfectly suited.

Give Mr.Tubridy a gig on some evening books show where we might actually listen to him or might not.

They won't of course, as Callan can sail a bit close to the wind and they wouldn't want to be offending de powers that be.

Needs to remember he can’t be using the taxpayer funded national airwaves to shill the Shinners.

If he learned that he might slip in like some who mysteriously slip back after ‘other endeavors’.

Seems he’s already gotten a deck shoe in the hoop for that activity.

Interesting...........

• Advertisement

Needs to remember he can’t be using the taxpayer funded national airwaves to shill the Shinners.

If he learned that he might slip in like some who mysteriously slip back after ‘other endeavors’.

Seems he’s already gotten a deck shoe in the hoop for that activity.

Interesting...........

As long as he has an equal cut at everyone, that's fine in my book :)

The thing about someone like Oliver or Dermot Morgan previously is that you're never quite sure what he's going to come out with. And that keeps you listening...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Didn`t hear the show this morning. Did Callan mention anything about Tubridy coming back soon or is he presenting it for the whole week?

There's a bit of history there caller, so to speak.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/miriam-lord-thin-skinned-taoiseach-s-stand-up-gags-fall-flat-1.3843463

Thanks caller, Miriam Lord, hmm... given the fact that Callan is desperately trying to shill the Shinners from the columns of any rag that will allow him, not surprised she would take his side.

A lot of these freelancers are trying to bust into a rag that will give them a platform to peddle their ‘views’..... which invariably of course are anything which is populist and anti establishment.

These people are like the guy or gal who you bring in to admire the three month paint job you gave to the interior of the house....they scrutinize your backbreaking work silently and after the full inspection you get.... eeeh mate did you forget that bit there behind the cistern.... Run out of paint or something?

Makes me very cast down, caller!

Didn`t hear the show this morning. Did Callan mention anything about Tubridy coming back soon or is he presenting it for the whole week?

Apparently he's just keeping the seat warm for the imminent return of the maestro ringmaster. Hence the fun will stop and we may just revert to the off switch again.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Apparently he's just keeping the seat warm for the imminent return of the maestro ringmaster. Hence the fun will stop and we may just revert to the off switch again.

Can't wait to hear about what jigsaw puzzles were completed in the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Can't wait to hear about what jigsaw puzzles were completed in the last 2 weeks.

It'll be a kindness overload when bRyan comes back.
    "Thanks for all your kind messages. I'll try to respond to them all. I'm going through them one at a time, the many thousands I received in handwritten form! What a treat! And we like that here! So kind. After all of the tomfoolery and goofyness of the last two weeks, do you know what I'd love...some chips. I've a hankering for real cut chips. And jellybabies. I also caught up on some gorgeous books that I'll be telling you about after the break. To take us to that, here's a bit of macca...." Bom bom bom eyey eye!

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    It'll be a kindness overload when bRyan comes back.
    "Thanks for all your kind messages. I'll try to respond to them all. I'm going through them one at a time, the many thousands I received in handwritten form! What a treat! And we like that here! So kind. After all of the tomfoolery and goofyness of the last two weeks, do you know what I'd love...some chips. I've a hankering for real cut chips. And jellybabies. I also caught up on some gorgeous books that I'll be telling you about after the break. To take us to that, here's a bit of macca...." Bom bom bom eyey eye!

I stopped listening a couple of weeks ago, mainly to lower my blood pressure, but have been listening whilst Oliver has been in loco parentis. This very accurate post has reminded me - to stop listening again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

A radio show at 9 am on weekdays is aimed at people with nothing better to do at 9 am on weekdays. Enough said.

The people I pity are those who confuse such lightweight (and mostly lame) fluff with political commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Tired...from fukin what ??:):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement