Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"The Thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hes talking himself to tears

Tell us something we don't know Ryan.

A speech.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,237 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I miss Oliver already. :(

• Advertisement

Annnnd I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

RTE is really taking the role of 'State' broadcaster quite literally these days. Lord Haw Haw stuff. Green Jersey, appeal to patriotism, but not quite nationalism because that's a dirty word.
    I haven't tuned in to this pound shop Patridge in years, my god! What utter, utter drivel.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    It'll be a kindness overload when bRyan comes back.
    "Thanks for all your kind messages. I'll try to respond to them all. I'm going through them one at a time, the many thousands I received in handwritten form! What a treat! And we like that here! So kind. After all of the tomfoolery and goofyness of the last two weeks, do you know what I'd love...some chips. I've a hankering for real cut chips. And jellybabies. I also caught up on some gorgeous books that I'll be telling you about after the break. To take us to that, here's a bit of macca...." Bom bom bom eyey eye!

Bang on do far.

Have you tomorrow's Lotto numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

The self anointed "Toyman" is ok kids! Fret ye not.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

In the past I've been slightly worried about injuring myself scrambling to turn the radio off after the news at 9. In the last week I've actually listened to 15/20 minutes of Callan each day. I decided to give Tubridy a go this morning. After about 30 seconds I banged my knee lunging for the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Tubriy comes across like the bosses son, who is incompetent and insufferable, but is tolerated by everybody because of who his daddy is. There is really no reason for him to be on our airwaves. He has no charm, limited intelligence, and he is excruciating to listen to. Nobody listens to him anyways, they listen to the time slot. Put a donkey braying there for one hour every morning at 9, and he'd probably get the same listenership. It's an absolute joke that this dude gets paid so much, but they are all overpaid jackasses in RTE. One good thing about corona is hopefully people stop paying their licence fees and there is nothing RTE can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I half-caught the first 20mins, Jesus he's like a spolit teenager. Was ready to reach for a scalpel (there was one within arm's reach so to speak - it was silver btw) and slit my own wrists after he said he was tired - good job I wasn't within 50feet of him at that particular time.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,237 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“Play side A, then you flip it over and play side B.”

Thanks for the handy tip, Ryan.

“Play side A, then you flip it over and play side B.”

Thanks for the handy tip, Ryan.

It was news to D'Arcy to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

From a doctor the Martha's Vineyard of Ireland

PieOhMy wrote: »

Well, it’s certainly clear from all that’s been said and now this note that people who are lucky enough to have a second home all need to stay at their first home.

Of course, a whole bunch of them will feel it doesn’t apply to them. No doubt they’ll be heading off today - if they aren't already waking up in their holiday home this very morning in an attempt to avoid the checks. But they’re going to be called out for it.

Dr Catherine Calderwood (Scotland), Dr David Clark (NZ) sure didn’t practice what they preach.

Fry's chocolate is dividing the nation.

Chocolategate

If he could exercise he mustn't have been too sick ;)

**†***, who was on the late late show.
    Check.

• Advertisement

Careful now ryan, some of your friends may get upset with you talking about tax situations ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Sweetless in Seattle.

Gorgeous children.

Did he say a 9 year old wrote him a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Did he say a 9 year old wrote him a letter?

That'd be one of his peers I believe

Cadbury golden ticket wrapper. Ok Willy :)

Tatler magazine is great.

I wonder has Noel Kelly a stake in it.

Praise for an RTE show.

Tubridy you twat calling out google and facebook etc. and asking what are they doing for us given their favourable tax situation etc.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING GIVEN YOUR OWN FAVOURABLE TAX SITUATION?

I’m reposting this for you from Mr. Duffy's Thread as you appear to have missed it. To action the following Mr. Tubridy would have exponentially more benefit at the front line than all of your TYFYSs and tales of chocolate and kindess put together, so to speak.

ButtersSuki's Suggestions for Acts of Kindness for RTE Contractors:

Dear RTE Contractors,

How about those of you who take home more than EUR250,000 a year and who preach to us all constantly about being kind and generous and helping others donate your entire tax-efficiently paid monthly fees to the HSE/Government/Hospitals for the duration of the crisis? Some of you "earn" more in a month than a front-line Nurse will earn in a year. Some of you work less in a month than they do in a single shift in the current climate.

Think of the extra staff that could be paid for by this.
    Think how many ventilators could be purchased.
    Think of the amount of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) that could be bought.
    Think of the amount of facemasks for front-line workers.
    Think of the amount of hand sanitiser.
    Think of the food that could be bought for those on the front line.
    Think of the lives you could help save.

Most of you availing of this loophole have been "earning" megabucks for years - a few months will not hurt you financially. So instead of asking us what we can do, why not ask yourselves?

I await your replies.

YOU ARE A DELUDED, SPOILT, AND ENTITLED MAN CHILD WHO HASN'T THE FOGGIEST NOTION OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE REAL WORLD.

Note: when I wrote the above I had just come from an off-site meeting discussing some real life or death issues. To say my patience was wearing a bit thin at the time would be an understatement. It's my own fault, I shouldn't listen to this idiot at the moment.

PieOhMy wrote: »

It's hard to disagree with the sentimnet, I'm just surprised a Doctor put her name to it so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

It's hard to disagree with the sentimnet, I'm just surprised a Doctor put her name to it so to speak.

I can only imagine it's her frustration that led to drastic action like that. I wonder was Tubridy considering heading down? The doctor really encapsulated the patronising prism through which the majority of the holiday home brigade view these rural towns, not least this tax avoiding hypocrite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement