Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lovely gorgeous people

Toy show.

It's begun.

I know we've lots of Columbians listening in.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,237 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“He was ‘hungerstruck’ “

My favourite AC/DC song. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    Toy show.

It's begun.

A bit late this year, it's April after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

rdwight wrote: »
    In the past I've been slightly worried about injuring myself scrambling to turn the radio off after the news at 9. In the last week I've actually listened to 15/20 minutes of Callan each day. I decided to give Tubridy a go this morning. After about 30 seconds I banged my knee lunging for the radio.

Ditto, what a let down :(

Lot of nice things and niceness.

Has kind been made redundant?

The wurkers who fo it don’t witk from home these daze...

“You know who you are...you’re taking us all for a ride”.

Yes, Ryan, we do know you’re taking us all for a ride with your salary. Such hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

^^^

That was surreal!

There are the workers who do all the emails and the calls and the other jobs.

There are the workers who do the odd bit of work.

There are the workers who are doing nothing and taking us all for a ride.

Zero self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nice to hear from Christy Moore.
    A legend of the music.
    Strange to think of him cocooning.
    He traveled the four corners of Ireland in his day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

elperello wrote: »
    Nice to hear from Christy Moore.
    A legend of the music.
    Strange to think of him cocooning.
    He traveled the four corners of Ireland in his day.

The ‘four green fields’ so to speak. ....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The wurkers who fo it don’t witk from home these daze...

“You know who you are...you’re taking us all for a ride”.

Yes, Ryan, we do know you’re taking us all for a ride with your salary. Such hypocrisy.

I'm sure those who dont work for it have a valid reason, something along the lines of 'I didnt negotiate my contract/welfare payment, it was decided on my behalf' and then that validates everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What the likes of Tubbs wants is a good long summer behind a mixer on some construction site with a rough ganger shoutin for "more muck" every 10 minutes it might give him a bit more perspective on how the other half live. Might wake up this man child out of his gorgeous, kind, fantasy world

What the likes of Tubbs wants is a good long summer behind a mixer on some construction site with a rough ganger shoutin for "more muck" every 10 minutes it might give him a bit more perspective on how the other half live. Might wake up this man child out of his gorgeous, kind, fantasy world

He wouldn’t last an hour.

Speaking of lack of awareness, yesterday's interview with the bald fella was very entertaining.

Bloke is going on about how losing the aul gruaig had a negative impact on his mental health. Clearly his message was to encourage men to embrace baldness and make people feel better about it.

Tubridy asks: "Are there people that have terrible heads with weird bone structures and they just shouldn't ever go bald?" . :D

Interviewee definitely a bit thrown by it. Talk about not being able to gauge the tone of a conversation.

It's amusing, though, this thing he has against baldies. Had a few pops at bald Late Late show audience members too in the past. Wonder if he had a "mean" baldy teacher back the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Seems to have something agin lads with big ‘Dublin Fire Brigade’ heads on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Tubridy asks: "Are there people that have terrible heads with weird bone structures and they just shouldn't ever go bald?" . :D
    It's amusing, though, this thing he has against baldies. Had a few pops at bald Late Late show audience members too in the past.

Surely not, I mean he is the King Of Kindness.

Clinky McClink and the Clinkettes.

Nowhere to hide in Coronopolis.

Shay Byrne
    LLS
    Rte show about houses
    Paths to Freedom
    Joe Duffy
    Lyric FM

Pluggy McPlugace

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Shay Byrne
    LLS
    Rte show about houses
    Paths to Freedom
    Joe Duffy
    Lyric FM

Pluggy McPlugace

Did Herr Duffy's next literary masterpiece vanity buke project-een get some pre-publicity too so to speak?

If the restrictions in social distancing remain in place for a long time, how is Tubridy going to conduct his Toy Show? With virtual virtuous children or standing alone amid a weird freak show of puppets?

Regarding baldness, how would he cope if ever he had to become hairless as a Sphinx cat for a spell, especially if his bone structure doesn’t suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What is it with the resurrection of "paths to freedom" these days? I see Duffy praising it too

If the restrictions in social distancing remain in place for a long time, how is Tubridy going to conduct his Toy Show? With virtual virtuous children or standing alone amid a weird freak show of puppets?

Sure tis all about him anyway. He'd probably be happy enough to do away with the kids and just dance around dressed up as Princess Moana or something. Maybe they'd Skype a few kids in hospital or something between Tubridy's songs.
    Regarding baldness, how would he cope if ever he had to become hairless as a Sphinx cat for a spell, especially if his bone structure doesn’t suit?

Well if that happened you wouldn't be able to joke about baldies any more. It wouldn't be kind.

He revisited the subject of hair this morning and announced that (SHOCK, HORROR!) he actually brushes his own hair before Late Late show. Doesn't need a single assistant to do that.

And to think there are boardsies who accuse him of not being worth his 500k!

Value for money right there.

He revisited the subject of hair this morning and announced that (SHOCK, HORROR!) he actually brushes his own hair before Late Late show. Doesn't need a single assistant to do that.

Ah, but the fact he brushes his own hair doesn’t mean that RTÉ don’t employ someone, who’s on standby just in case Ryan sprains his hair brushing hand. No saving there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Haven't listened in a little while. I now know why. 25 minutes of shyte talk.

I caught a few minutes. Several things were intriguing in a very short space of time and a reference to himself as "The Toyman"?? Is this a new thing or have I just been lucky enough to miss it to date? Also called 'Paths To Freedom' 'Paths Of Freedom', then talked about how great RTE is for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I caught a few minutes. Several things were intriguing in a very short space of time and a reference to himself as "The Toyman"?? Is this a new thing or have I just been lucky enough to miss it to date? Also called 'Paths To Freedom' 'Paths Of Freedom', then talked about how great RTE is for a while.

'The Toyman' came about from a text or letter they received from a 'listeners' child while he was off sick.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    'The Toyman' came about from a text or letter they received from a 'listeners' child while he was off sick.

i.e. one of Tubb's chislers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭golondrinas

you would think it was great too if you were on 500k a year to bore a few thousand people telling them what book to read.

refers to last part of #3748 sorry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement