Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

I wouldn't go on the Twitter machine and post about that, lest you be considered to be approving of the situation and fall prey to the social media backlash yourself!

Jaysus not dat on Twitter. I adore animals, yet find the dichotomy between my love for the creatures and my distaste for the kill that is necessary for survival of many species impossible to reconcile. The fact that the dispatch was instant put me at some ease, but I did cry quietly for a while after, but not so much as if it had been put to music with a commentary, maybe naming the deer, in a nature film. Those close-ups give me ptsd.

For me the key difference is that the leopard (or whatever hunter) does it to live, not “sport”. The same can’t be said for some of our species, and that’s how I can try to reconcile it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This sounds like the Monday morning ramblings of a hungover alcoholic.

It's a Hurley not a hurl.

Half a mill !!:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“I’m not here to preach.”

Of course you’re not, Ryan. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭hawley

Tubridy comes across as a decent person. Of all the people in the media he's doing the most in trying to assure people that we'll be okay. He is highlighting various acts of kindness and telling people how to treat each other better.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

hawley wrote: »
    Tubridy comes across as a decent person. Of all the people in the media he's doing the most in trying to assure people that we'll be okay. He is highlighting various acts of kindness and telling people how to treat each other better......all the while consoling himself with the fact that he earns more than a Consultant and 6 Nurses combined without a hint of irony for his 8 hours work a week. He's a saint and a martyr. :rolleyes:

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Tut tut Butters.

Where is your kindness??

Uncharted wrote: »
    Tut tut Butters.

Where is your kindness??

Very difficult to argue with him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ryan.What do you do to relax?

Guest. I look music and books

Ryan. Books books. I read a lovely novello yesterday and I'm reading another one today

Gedda gorgeous book in your hands

Hopefully you're minded.

Puke inducing broadcasting

Uncharted wrote: »
    Tut tut Butters.

Where is your kindness??

If I said to you that for Mr. Duffy and bryan Tubridy's salaries combined we could have 2 Emergency Departments with a Consultant and 6.5 - 8 Nurses in each right now and you could ony choose one option which would you pick?

Tubridy comes across as a decent person. Of all the people in the media he's doing the most in trying to assure people that we'll be okay. He is highlighting various acts of kindness and telling people how to treat each other better.

Could he possibly be so kind then as to forego his salary for say the next 6 months and give it to a hsopital?

What B is something you read?

Another grand handy days word completed. Off to walk the pier and a 99 in Teddys. Life's tough !!

sligojoek wrote: »
    What B is something you read?

Buttersuki's posts on boards?

What do I win?

If I said to you that for Mr. Duffy and bryan Tubridy's salaries combined we could have 2 Emergency Departments with a Consultant and 6.5 - 8 Nurses in each right now and you could ony choose one option which would you pick?

Whoy are you making these choy-ses so hard petal ??

The nation needs heroes like Tubbs and Joe-ratio Duffy in these dark times,sez I

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amlinopta

More like another two grand handy day's work completed. Teddys here we come.

I caught a bit of today’s programme in the car this morning. He was chatting to a little fella at the end of the show. His interviewing technique is reminiscent of the Stasi.

Name?
    Age?
    Siblings?
    Rank?
    Serial Number?

I’m getting too used to my new toy, a Google Nest Home Thingy Doo-Dah. I shouted at the car radio to stream something (anything) else, but that doesn’t work. I did manage to change stations after a fraught minute or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

:D:D:D

Fair play to Bryan 'Mammy of the Nation' Tubridy for telling us everything will be grand.

very reassuring altogether from a lad whose 1000 euro per hour, publicly funded 'contractor' job is under no threat whatsoever. No doubt he's making all our new jobseekers feel better about life.

What would we do without him at all, at all. There'd be no dancing around the kitchen, that's for sure.

Someone should probably give him a pay rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I wonder how soon will it be that he starts calling people "Dote".

As in "Don't worry Dote everything will be fine...mind yourself".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

“I’m not here to preach.”

Of course you’re not, Ryan. :rolleyes:

"I'm not here to preach. I'm here to humble brag.

A few days ago I darted through the aisles of super valu to help an old lady get tea bags off the top shelf.

Turns out she didn't need my help at all, but my heroics should be reported nonetheless"

I'd say he shíts himself with excitement any time he sees a pensioner out and about.

Is he on something ?

Is he on something ?

Ten grand a week

Its embarrassing. This is his little plaything.

Jumpin' Jimmity it's time for bonkers fun and kindness!

FFS, Bryan is off. Coughing so to speak. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Oliver callan is a breath of fresh air in this slot. I normally switch over to new stalk at this time but I'm enjoying Oliver here.

"Kindness" hasn't taken the week off.

• Advertisement

Jumpin' Jimmity it's time for bonkers fun and kindness!

FFS, Bryan is off. Coughing so to speak. Hmmm.

Didnt bother me bollix even getting up yet,let alone turn on the radio.
    Is there any chance its terminal ?. That callan fella is as bad as tubridy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement