Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Homelander wrote: »
    Just finished the campaign. It was respectable but not a patch on COD4 or MW2. I actually think Infinite Warfare had a better campaign too, didn't really give a crap about anyone in this one, and the big bad Russian aspect was way overdone, almost comical.

Have to agree with you there, found it lacking in proper story telling myself. But it was enjoyable. Very disappointed with the mansion / hostage mission, had to shoot every light out and that bastard providing overwatch never shot a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Booted up today for the first time in a week or so. Game is constantly crashing out to desktop mid match. ****ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I borrowed a PS4 for a few days, where's the cheapest place to buy this game ? I'm only interested in playing the offline single player mode.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Vtol on Shoot House = lol. 59-4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Nice :D Love the VTOL, I'll let it clean up one area while I run to another and call it to guard me, non stop kills popping on screen

• Advertisement

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Killchain perk / Cruise missile / VTOL / Choppy gunner is my current setup.

Anyone try Support Helo yet? Being a higher reward i would imagine it performs better than VTOL which is already insane.

Robbed a care package and it was the reward, many many kills with it think it is 4 rockets to take it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

As soon as I hear vtol or chopper inbound swap to pkm and cold blooded. Takes down a vtol and still leaves about 40 bullets

Rockets are a waste of time

heroics wrote: »
    As soon as I hear vtol or chopper inbound swap to pkm and cold blooded. Takes down a vtol and still leaves about 40 bullets

Rockets are a waste of time

Ditto. For whatever reason, people seem to ignore kill streaks in this cod. A vtol shouldnt get one kill after its initial bombing run if as little as two people focus it down.

Ditto. For whatever reason, people seem to ignore kill streaks in this cod. A vtol shouldnt get one kill after its initial bombing run if as little as two people focus it down.

But it takes a brave man to run outside and try to take it down :D if I hear cruise missile, chopper gunner, or vtol inbound I’m camping the **** of an indoor area until it’s gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

What I'm fed up of is not getting rewarded for seizing an objective.

In ghosts domination for example a capture counted a little towards your kill streak

I always play the objective and usually end up last in the table

• Advertisement

You can easily avoid being hit by a vtol while still shooting at it, if you go close to a high enough building (2 story) and shoot the nose. If you time this correctly it will just shoot you while the bullets hit the roof or cover. A riot is immune also!

Just had a very weird experience here - how does someone turn around and kill you when you are mid execution????

But it takes a brave man to run outside and try to take it down :D if I hear cruise missile, chopper gunner, or vtol inbound I’m camping the **** of an indoor area until it’s gone!

I just run cold blooded on my lmg class and stay close to buildings

Shot down 2 vtols and a chopper gunner on shoot house in a single game last night. Only killed by the enemy as the map is so small not the streaks

Just had a very weird experience here - how does someone turn around and kill you when you are mid execution????

You were probably shot by his teammate, worst mechanic of the game. The only thing that tops it is having one of your teammates steal the takedown by shooting the person. It should be like BF were once you go for their tags you are not killed until the animation finishes and when you execute the move nobody can steal the kill. The animation is way off on some of the moves also, there's one or two of them were you stand there like a prick for about a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

It works that way in a lot of other games that have executions, personally think it's the best system. Remember it very fondly from Halo Reach, where half the time someone would rob your kill mid-execution. If you want a risk-free situation, don't do an execution unless you're sure you're safe, that's the point.

Does anyone actually like headquarters. The respawn delay when you hold the hq is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Does anyone actually like headquarters. The respawn delay when you hold the hq is a pain in the hole.

Don't mind it, it's domination with an extra layer of complexity

Probably my favourite game mode. I love having one life to try take on waves of oncoming enemies. It's one of the only time camping is fully justified.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

New Update

11/19/19 - Patch Notes
    Infinity Ward
    GENERAL FIXES:

Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)

CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled

Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks (“Fix for various exploits”)

Fix for the “Blue V” Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description

Fix misspelling of “trophy”

Ground War:

Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in

Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in

Missions/Challenges:

The following challenges have been fixed:

“Infiltrator”

“Warrior’s Code”

“Aggression”

“Dominator”

“Munitions”

Officer progression “Launch Destroys”

Officer progression “Heartbreaker”

Officer progression ”Precision Airstrike”

Officer progression: “Karma”

Officer progression “Close and Personal”

Weapons:

AUG

Increasing close range damage

Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier

Small reduction to base weapon damage range

Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments

Small hips spread increase

Reduced effective damage at the hip

Model 680: Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachme

Probably my favourite game mode. I love having one life to try take on waves of oncoming enemies. It's one of the only time camping is fully justified.

Gave it another try and nope not for me. Prob fav game modes are Dom and hardpoint but I just can’t stand respawn delays. Like on a ha killed just as I cap it and have to wait 60 seconds no thanks

• Advertisement

So I’ve been playing this for a little bit now about 20 hours and I think my biggest problem is the maps. Generally in cod I’d have 1 or 2 that I don’t like playing but in this I don’t think there is one I like and a couple I absolutely can’t stand (the cave one, Piccadilly, and the bridge one)

I find myself playing shootout non stop.

That being said my top 2 weapons are aug by a good bit and then the mp5 then m4 so maybe I should change my play style.

https://twitter.com/ashtonisVULCAN/status/1197242593785942016

'Big update' coming. I hope it is not too big and it goes completely the other way. Some things just need a tweak not an overhaul

They need to address the technical issues on PC.
    Focusing on game balancing bolox when it has major issues on AMD hardware.

I don't mind that cave map too much but it is a camp fest, no other way to play it. Piccadilly and Euphrates Bridge are just poison, a riot shield on Piccadilly can be fun, they really need to block the bridge from looking into both spawns on Euphrates when both teams are playing the objective this map can be fun but because of the line of sights from the bridge nobody bothers, you can literally spawn on a snipers scope. Shoot House is a decent map, the 24/7 playlist can be tons of fun. More maps are definitely needed but because of the lack of DLC there will probably be a lot less new maps I'd be fine with them releasing past maps. I'd love to see Dome along with Infected, gungame and Jugg to break up the monotony. There is a whole lot of past maps that they could release and there was data mining done to show they are planned to be in the game.

Wouldn't mind raid,slums and standoff as well.

Maybe shipment 24/7 next :)

https://twitter.com/ashtonisVULCAN/status/1197242593785942016

'Big update' coming. I hope it is not too big and it goes completely the other way. Some things just need a tweak not an overhaul

I hope they are not listening to the MW reddit for these changes because that place is absolutely toxic - they want the ADHD COD back with the 3 lane maps because they can't adjust to MW.

I also found a Youtuber who has made 20 videos in the past 2 weeks with every one of them talking about how much he hates the game and how bad it is - he actually spent one video sucking his own dick about how high his KD has been in all other CODS and he can't reach the same in MW. Left a comment on his latest one telling him it's probably time for him to **** off and play something else :D

I tried BLOPS4 again recently to see what it was like. The gunplay and movement is so, so much worse. Mind you I only tried one battle royale game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Exactly what i said to lads i game with, everything is so inconsistent and heres why.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Patch 1.09 is live, 13GB.

• Advertisement

New patch is out, 12.9GB on PS4:

WHAT’S NEW

Special Operations: “Harbinger” and “Brimstone”

Classic Special Operations: “Door Kick”, 3 Star Rating System and Rewards

3-star rating system (based on time completed)

XP & MP unlocks based on your star rating after finishing a game.

Multiplayer:

Realism Moshpit (Domination, Hardpoint, Headquarters, Kill Confirmed)

Gun Game

Fix for a bug where a player could spawn without a character model when spawning in on a friendly vehicle

Fixes for various exploits across all maps and modes

Fix for an issue where copying an opposing players loadout was also copying their killstreaks

Fix for the After-Action report not displaying newly acquired awards

Fix for player rank icons not appearing on the scoreboard

Shortened the amount of time an execution animation plays

Accessibility: Added the option to Always Sprint

Footsteps: Adjusted volume and sound type played for crouch walk and walking while Aiming Down Sights

Dead Silence: Fix for the Dead Silence Field Upgrade not lasting the correct amount of time when CDL rules are enabled

Fix for nameplates being visible in a certain location on Piccadilly

Updates to the obituary (killfeed); removed “Avenged” and “Save Player”, play of the game owner, and player rank increases

Fix for players being able to join a match even though they’ve been blocked

Private Match:

Added the option to disable the spawn camera

Fix for a bug where the ‘Starting Flags Captured’ private match option was not functioning as intended

Fix for the bomb screen appearing blank when defusing or planting the bomb in Search and Destroy with Realism enabled. Added bomb carrier indicator.

Killstreaks:

Fixed an issue where selected killstreaks would revert to the previous selection mid-match

Fix where players using the Shield Turret killstreak could see through smoke at certain angles with the side panels of the turret

Dead Silence: Fix for the Dead Silence Field Upgrade not lasting the correct amount of time when CDL rules are enabled

Thermal scopes are now able to see through smoke grenades

Added the option to disable the spawn camera

Fixed an issue where the mount interaction prompt was disappearing when planting or diffusing the bomb in Search and Destroy

1 Life Mode Fixes:

Fix for camera getting stuck on the death location when transitioning to spectate

Fix for the weapon not animating when sprinting at the beginning of the round

Progression/Challenges/Missions Fixes:

Cleaned up and updated descriptions for various challenges

Officer Challenge: “Heads Up”

“Destroy Vehicles with Launchers”

“Doing Work”

“Aggression”

“Expert Gunsmith”

“One Trick Pony”

Lethals/Tacticals:

Fix for Decoy Grenade showing a red blinking light for both allies and enemies

Slightly brightened the player outline when using the Snapshot Grenade

Single Player:

Fix for a bug that could cause an error when selecting a mission

Perks:

Spotter: perk was not marking equipment, Field Upgrades, or Killstreaks through walls in FFA. Fix for Spotter perk not marking UAVs and slightly brightened outlines

E.O.D: Fix for players losing HUD elements after hacking an enemy claymore in certain scenarios

Fix for the “Quick Fix” perk not giving faster regeneration when earning kills with the throwing knife.

Fix for the “Amped” perk not stowing the Riot Shield as quickly as it should

Fix for rocket launcher camos not unlocking or tracking properly

Fix for the Model 860 camos not unlocking or tracking properly

FN SCAR 17: slight increase in ADS time, reduction to barrel and bipod grip penalties

Fix for a white placeholder box appearing when leveling up a weapon and unlocking new attachments

Added descriptions to all optics that have scope glint

Fixed an issue where the P90 + FFS Ring Sight would create a scope glint

Thermal scopes are now able to see through smoke grenades

Fix for charms not appearing where they should on various weapons

Leaderboards/Combat Records:

Fixed a bug where selecting “All” would sometimes kick the player back to the main menu

Added CTF and Hardpoint into Combat Records

Audio: Voice chat options:

No Effect – default voice chat. No additional effects or EQ adjustments

Stealth Comms – Bring the immersion of the Campaign into Multiplayer with added SAS radio effects to voice chat

Classic Chatter – Feeling nostalgic? Coordinate with your team using classic Modern Warfare radio effects

Special Operations:

Added munitions drops! After various objectives, a care package will drop to provide you with much needed munitions!

Various exploit fixes

Fix for an issue where players could lose functionality after using the EMP Drone in Operation Crosswind

Fix for crashes that occur when viewing the scoreboard from the match summary

Survival:

Fix for enemies spawning out of bounds on Piccadilly

New Features:

Added an option to hide Friend requests and Party Invitations

Added support for additional keyboard layouts on PS4

Stability:

Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability

General Fixes:

Fixed an issue where the boot up sequence volume would be too loud

Various keybinding adjustments

Players are now able to back out of the Gesture and Spray Wheel by clicking anywhere

More fixes to prevent hitching/stuttering during cutscenes

Fixed an issue where the Main Menu music would not play when users activated the Skip Introduction Movie option

Fix for an error that could occur when attempting to manage a party

Multiple fixes for different Aspect Ratios on various menus/screens in the game

Fix for a bug where the XP Token shortcut key would also open Nvidia Highlights feature simultaneously (Now on “F” key)

Fix for a bug where some achievements would appear as completed even though they were

Advertisement