Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

15.3GB on xbox that update. No idea where they are coming from with the size of these patches, A patch should just be redacting code so there would just be a few lines added or logic changes which would be no where near 100mb of update and that's being extremely generous as it is just text. They must be adding maps for later initiation each update. You'd be lucky if a GW map would even be 4GB with the assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Homelander

I don't get it at all. I got the retail version of MW on PS4 on launch and installed it 5 days later, there was something like 61GB of patches not including the spec-ops stuff, just literally updates since release.

No other game has these titanic patches every other few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I play nothing but gun game. I'm surprised there's so many fixes required. I'm glad they've fixed all the exploits. I've no idea what they were but obviously this is why I'm doing bad.

Homelander wrote: »
    I don't get it at all. I got the retail version of MW on PS4 on launch and installed it 5 days later, there was something like 61GB of patches not including the spec-ops stuff, just literally updates since release.

No other game has these titanic patches every other few days.

It's a mess. Essentially beta testers.
    I've faint hope this latest patch will fix the PC version crashing.
    I've been trying to find out how you go about getting a refund.
    Nowhere on the Blizzard or the Activision site it tells you

I went to update and I've ran out of space on that SSD. Do they not replace files? Seems like each update is adding to the last. 128gb now

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I play nothing but gun game. I'm surprised there's so many fixes required. I'm glad they've fixed all the exploits. I've no idea what they were but obviously this is why I'm doing bad.

Nightmaps in gun game, fucking shit! Why there is lights on the maps is beyond mine and probably a lot of peoples reasoning. The last weapon is the throwing knife too easy of a kill. They really nerf'd the shotguns they are unusable now moaners all over the place.
    Update is being pushed now apparently. I was going to copy the notes in here but they are so long! I will just link to reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dzy5uc/112219_patch_notes

Literally pasted a few post's ago.

Whatever else they change in this patch hit markers are on point!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Am I the only one who loves Ground War?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

since last update, if choose to be a sniper on Euphrates Bridge, i am kicked for inactivity. Even though i am active in the game, only happens on Euphrates Bridge. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

30 hours game time and haven't even sniffed this infamous Euphrates Bridge yet

• Advertisement

Couldn't get into it personally. What do you love about it

I think it's excellent. I love the farm map, could play it all day, the quarry map is really good too. It's really like Battlefield Junior. (in a positive way, while still feeling like COD)

I don't like the city map though, too much of a slog to the action.
    30 hours game time and haven't even sniffed this infamous Euphrates Bridge yet

Truly the only map in the game I despise.

Couldn't get into it personally. What do you love about it

The fact that you can really do everything in it. ARs, launchers, sniper rifles all have their place.

I think it's excellent. I love the farm map, could play it all day, the quarry map is really good too. It's really like Battlefield Junior. (in a positive way, while still feeling like COD)

I don't like the city map though, too much of a slog to the action.

Ha, I love the city and the quarry but hate the farm!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What I'm fed up of is not getting rewarded for seizing an objective.

In ghosts domination for example a capture counted a little towards your kill streak

I always play the objective and usually end up last in the table

I'm finding the opposite in this. Every other CoD, I would play support and take down killstreaks, but always had a worse K/D and usually at the end of the team. In this, I'm finding making the top 3 easy enough as support, and often see people below me with 2x the kills but I've more points due to taking down killstreaks.
    I don't mind that cave map too much but it is a camp fest, no other way to play it. Piccadilly and Euphrates Bridge are just poison, a riot shield on Piccadilly can be fun, they really need to block the bridge from looking into both spawns on Euphrates when both teams are playing the objective this map can be fun but because of the line of sights from the bridge nobody bothers, you can literally spawn on a snipers scope. Shoot House is a decent map, the 24/7 playlist can be tons of fun. More maps are definitely needed but because of the lack of DLC there will probably be a lot less new maps I'd be fine with them releasing past maps. I'd love to see Dome along with Infected, gungame and Jugg to break up the monotony. There is a whole lot of past maps that they could release and there was data mining done to show they are planned to be in the game.

I believe someone saw some code with 32 new maps, lots of which are old maps, so I think we'll be well covered map wise. I just hope that there will be a lot more for each mode. I only usually play DOM20, but playing TDM and TDM20 the last few days to complete some missions. And I've come to the following map conclusion (also, looks like there are more Gunfight maps than anything else...):

Euphrates Bridge - As mentioned, they need to cover up the bridge more to stop bridge sniping and make taking B better. Other than that, it's a great map.

Picadilly - I actually like this map, but it's very easy to get spawn camped in it. Not sure how they'll fix that, they've already updated the spawn points. But not getting the hate others have of it.

Arklov Peak - Great map, have had some amazing games/rounds on this map

Hackney Yard - Another great map, small but not confined

Azhir Cave - Have had a mixture of great and terrible games on this. Camping is a problem, but if you stay out of the cave it's much better fun, and will force others out of the cave if there's no action

Grazna Raid - Another great map, taking B can be crazy

Gun Runner - One of my favorites so far, wouldn't change anything about this one

Rammaza - Fun map, does have a bit of camping in it

St. Petrograd - Fun map but very easy to get spawn camped if you're on the hazmat side

Shoot house - This is like some other maps from previous that nearly everyone else loves but I don't. I don't know what it is about these maps that people love, but they're too small imo. This one not so much, but still not a big fan of it.

Aniyah Palace - Hate, hate, hate this map. It's only on TDM20 and i spend 75% of the time running around looking for the enemy, or running from the spawn points into the action. Pretty sure a few nights ago I had a game of this, start to finish, and I spent a good 8 minutes running around looking for enemies. It's actually so bad, that I'll leave a lobby with this as the next map. They need to bring back in voting, but not allow a vote for the previous map.

Can't stand GW myself. Too much running, way too many campers, shit connection, terrible hit detection, dopey teammates...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I dont think many of the maps are that great at all,some are okay others poorly designed.
    Its as if they knew their recent maps were poor and they tried harder but they over complicated them in doing so they should stick to the tried and trusted 3 lane style maps for non GW maps.
    Not a patch on the old COD4 maps, fingers crossed they bring some of them into this game.
    The GW maps would be fine if they just toned down the killstreak spam and increased TTK, as it is everyone just hides in building and dont dare go out in the open which is just pointless, DICE havent make too many great maps recently either but atleast in BF games most of the gameplay happens out doors.

@ iLikeWaffles

The netcode is pretty poor all round but the tick rate is even worse on GW,for a game they touted and advertised as having dedicated servers it also has listen servers which suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I don't get this netcode or tickrate stuff. It seems to me like people trying to blame 'netcode' for bad stats or performance. I've heard people complain about netcode in cod, apex, overwatch, the rest, but it's never stopped me from being as good a player as I can be, up to the actual ceiling of my skill limit that i am fully aware of. (cod, almost 2.0 kd, apex similar, overwatch platinum, etc).

I also don't get this thing about TTK being ridiculous. been playing COD since the first game and it seems fine to me in this game, i never feel like there's some mystery bad code dragging me down, just my own inaccuracy/failing to secure a kill/etc.

yeah i know there's tons of youtube videos about it, but seriously, what actual difference is it making to the average player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

heroics wrote: »
    About time they added new maps. For the TDM/KC only player there's very little currently. Picadilly, Rammaza, Cave, Hackney, Gun Runner and Petrograd just weren't enough at launch, and I think shoot house is ****, far too small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't get this netcode or tickrate stuff.

Ah yeah I agree. There's some times I can really notice it but it's not constant and not like it's holding me back. Guess it's swings and roundabouts too. I assumed better players notice it more.

I don't get this netcode or tickrate stuff. It seems to me like people trying to blame 'netcode' for bad stats or performance.

Here go educate yourself about netcode and tick rate then, in short its absolutely vital to have a good netcode in an online shooter despite what you seem to think .

I also don't get this thing about TTK being ridiculous. been playing COD since the first game and it seems fine to me in this game, i never feel like there's some mystery bad code dragging me down, just my own inaccuracy/failing to secure a kill/etc.

Again maybe you should know what it is before blaming yourself.

Since you say your playing since the first game can i ask what was your first COD?
    There is a hell of a difference in TTK if you dont notice it then you must be constantly playing with low framerate and high latency to not notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

heroics wrote: »

i was only just thinking about Infected, now that will be great on a lot of the maps.

Dcully wrote: »

Again maybe you should know what it is before blaming yourself.

Since you say your playing since the first game can i ask what was your first COD?
    There is a hell of a difference in TTK if you dont notice it then you must be constantly playing with low framerate and high latency to not notice it.

I think you seem a bit tetchy about the subject. I'm not attacking or accusing anyone, just saying that it doesn't stop most people from being good players, as as someone who plays competitive shooters non stop i really think it's being blown out of porportion but some people seem to want to make out like ya can't be good at the game because of the netcode.

same with apex, same with overwatch, etc. Youtube videos galore claiming how bad the netcode is, but good players seem to get on perfectly fine? just my opinion, but as someone playing shooters since about 1996 i've not noticed any issue with modern warfare. (or apex or overwatch either)

i've been playing since the first cod as I said, as in, the game that came out in 2003 or whatever it was, played allied assault before that, and before that, quake 3 and unreal tournament, day of defeat, etc.

I have 360gb broadband and play at 144hz in modern warfare for what it's worth.

I don't get this netcode or tickrate stuff. It seems to me like people trying to blame 'netcode' for bad stats or performance. I've heard people complain about netcode in cod, apex, overwatch, the rest, but it's never stopped me from being as good a player as I can be, up to the actual ceiling of my skill limit that i am fully aware of. (cod, almost 2.0 kd, apex similar, overwatch platinum, etc).

yeah i know there's tons of youtube videos about it, but seriously, what actual difference is it making to the average player?

This blew my mind recently. I've been debating upgrading to a 140 hertz monitor for while now and this sealed it.

tl;dr
    You will hit far, far more shots with a higher framerate

Take it from someone who used to play with a minimum of 200ms ping using a 3G dongle back in the MW2 days but has FTTH now:
    There is nothing wrong with the netcode in MW.
    If you want an example of a modern game with **** netcode, look no further than BFV. There have been dozens of occasions in that game where I was shooting right at someone and did no damage whatsoever. MW is buttery smooth in comparison. Even 2 weeks ago when I was staying at a cousin's house and all I had was weak 4G, the experience was diminished but compensatable. Nothing compared to the 1 metre pre-aiming I had to do in MW2.

This blew my mind recently. I've been debating upgrading to a 140 hertz monitor for while now and this sealed it.

tl;dr
    You will hit far, far more shots with a higher framerate

once you go 144hz you will never look back, night and day. considering getting a 1080p 240hz monitor myself now over my current 1440 144hz.

Actually though your post seemed tetchy Homeland but I gave benefit of doubt.

Good players will be good regardless of netcode.

@ airbiscuit something wrong if you find BFV netcode bad,Its running at 60 hz.
    Compare that to MW ground war running at 18 hz.

Also TTK and netcode are not the same thing, my only issue with the game is the TTK.
    I never said the netcode in MW was poor,i said it is inconsistent as per the video analysis.
    The video points out the game uses dedicated servers and listen servers, listen servers are vastly inferior to dedicated therefore its incosistent.
    Ground War running at 18hz is because of the player count yet BFV can run the same player count on bigger maps @60hz.
    Also the private or custom game feature on MW only runs on 18hz regardless of the game mode which is just pathetic by anyones standards,pretty sure it will be increased in the future.

As for 144hz Homelander, I couldn't agree more it's night and day and I can never go back to 60hz.

something wrong if you find BFV netcode bad,Its running at 60 hz.
    Compare that to MW ground war running at 18 hz.

Also TTK and netcode are not the same thing, my only issue with the game is the TTK.
    I never said the netcode in MW was poor,i said it is inconsistent as per the video analysis.
    The video points out the game uses dedicated servers and listen servers, listen servers are vastly inferior to dedicated therefore its incosistent.
    Ground War running at 18hz is because of the player count yet BFV can run the same player count on bigger maps @60hz.
    Also the private or custom game feature on MW only runs on 18hz regardless of the game mode which is just pathetic by anyones standards,pretty sure it will be increased in the future.
    All inferred data and inferred hertz's.
    Dismissed me like someone who could only a purist who believes the numbers can never lie could.
    Reality check: They very much can.

As someone who was streaming the very moment Battlefield's ****ty netcode failed outright for the umpteenth time driving me to uninstall the game live on stream, I can tell you the numbers don't mean jack fúcking shít in this instance (The VoD is now lost but I can 100% guarantee you that BFV is a colossal ****up compared to this). I uninstalled that game out of frustration, I absolutely won't be uninstalling MW as such for the foreseeable future for the same reason.

EDIT: Found a clip of the aftermath: https://www.twitch.tv/iairbiscuit/clip/FamousOddPizzaNinjaGrumpy

• Advertisement

Jaysus i dunno man i never have the issues to speak of.
    Granted BF4 was dodgy on release and it wasnt until they dedicated a team for it that it improved and they managed to push through 60hz tick rate.

Just wondering when did you play last?
    I quit for 11 months or so as it wasnt doing it for me but the latest update brought two great maps along with the Japanese and Americans.
    Its very good but ruins the rest of the game for me as it really is another level of quality compared to vanilla content.
    Might be worth another look for you.

Advertisement