Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I was on a game this morning. Where I kept reading bot in the kill feed. Like head shot after head shot.

Hacker?

What gun was it?

Iv'e had a few rare HC games like that where I got head shot after head shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

What gun was it?

Iv'e had a few rare HC games like that where I got head shot after head shot.

No idea. I don’t play hardcore. Christ if the camping is this bad in the normal game modes, I couldn’t imagine what it’s like in hardcore.

No idea. I don’t play hardcore. Christ if the camping is this bad in the normal game modes, I couldn’t imagine what it’s like in hardcore.

Surprisingly slim. I didn't say it might have been in HC or anything like it I was using it as an example actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

Playing quick play is the best option, it's what I do. There's very little value in camping in kill confirmed, hardpoint, headquarters, etc.

Hard camping like sitting in a corner of a room or using a bush as cover or sitting in a corner in a bush is not that prevalent in the game (it will always be there but very few games I see it), however what is confused with camping like locking down a power position or mounting for cover etc is a part of the game. Any decent player in a game will probably wait at a position and move on but there is easy kills to be had from players who do stay any one position too long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You often see that on youtube, some "content creator" screaming about campers and then proceeding to do the same thing themselves

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You often see that on youtube, some "content creator" screaming about campers and then proceeding to do the same thing themselves

Even funnier when its a twitch streamer complaining about spawn killers in GW then doing the same think in a tank. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

New to the game lads what's the best aim assist to have on? Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Redzer7 wrote: »
    New to the game lads what's the best aim assist to have on? Cheers.

None, pain in the ass when you're aiming at someone and someone else runs by, pulling the reticle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

All my guns have reset back to level 1. All of them. I've kept the unlocks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I must say Hardpoint has sort of saved the game for me.
    Its cuts down on the potential angles you can be shot from [normally i dont have issue with many angles and shots from any direction but there is no time to react with this TTK], it really is a great mode.

The best one is linear standard I think.

F1ngers wrote: »
    None, pain in the ass when you're aiming at someone and someone else runs by, pulling the reticle.

I have mine on none alright but not sure it pulls away in this, have not tested it. Linear precise might help not pull if so!
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    All my guns have reset back to level 1. All of them. I've kept the unlocks.

That's just a graphical issue, same with some of the camo progressions, it still counts progression. Very annoying though!
    Dcully wrote: »
    I must say Hardpoint has sort of saved the game for me.
    Its cuts down on the potential angles you can be shot from [normally i dont have issue with many angles and shots from any direction but there is no time to react with this TTK], it really is a great mode.

Man-alive big camp fest! Thought Hardpoint was the one with care package's dropping or did I dream up that mode!?

Hope they add gun game and jug / infected soon getting really tired of the game, matchmaking is a lot worse for me with the latest patch. Get matched up with people from mars!

Love hardpoint. The point follows a set rotation. I've been jotting them down as I've been going. I can never remember the map names themselves. You can do really well by ignoring the point if you don't hold it with 15 seconds to go. You can get almost 30 seconds for free.

warehouse
    tire shop
    smoke stack
    dock building
    office

shipping area
    cafe
    hazmat
    pool hall
    restaurant

town center
    cave east
    soccer field
    cave west
    cliff path

buses
    winstonian
    arcade
    library
    cork and glass

center platform
    muntions depot
    mine entrance
    cargo containers
    warehouse

garage
    laundromat
    trench
    hotel
    blue building

middle
    hay storage
    cemetary
    destroyed house
    ruins

They need to change that rotation and have it random, played some games lastnight and instantly one team or the other had control of the hardpoint.
    Great mode but tweak this element and it will be a classic mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

They need to change that rotation and have it random, played some games lastnight and instantly one team or the other had control of the hardpoint.

I couldn't agree more - Always been a bug bear with Hardpoint for me. Organised teams can strategise to the point where it becomes a little boring once everyone knows where the next hill is

There'd probably be uproar from the pro players if they did change it

Ill leave this video here, its helped me get over my total hate for the TTK in this game, to me it was ruining a brilliant game for me.
    Its destiny 2 pvp themed but it basically covers every online fps.

Worth a watch if like me with the TTK it was doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Thats just headquarters tho??

I think the whole point of hardpoint is to know the rotations, make sure you have 1/2 people playing for spawns and have someone picking up scrap time.

Me and 2 of the lads playing the other day and knowing the rotations and me playing for spawns (not the most reliable on this game...) won us the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

x43r0 wrote: »
    Console players in cross play only match with pc players using controllers. Kbm pc players don’t get mixed in

Unless something drastically changed but that was one of the main aspects of crossplay
    x43r0 wrote: »
    Could definitely be a cock up but in general it’s input based so you could be getting those (I assume) rare console players who use kbm. It’s input based so if I got a compatible kbm for my Xbox we could end up in the same lobby
    Not the case. There is very little separation actually done, I have been in dozens of lobbies where I was the only person in my party, and was matched against 11 console controller players. Very rare that I only get matched against PC players.

Some example timestamps of either mixed or full controller besides me for this stream VOD: 23:35, 37:10, 1:03:42, 1:44:12, 1:58:20
    Only fully segregated lobby I spotted is 57:03

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Thats just headquarters tho??

I think the whole point of hardpoint is to know the rotations, make sure you have 1/2 people playing for spawns and have someone picking up scrap time.

Me and 2 of the lads playing the other day and knowing the rotations and me playing for spawns (not the most reliable on this game...) won us the game.

This, imo, would ruin the game mode. Granted, I don't play hardpoint, but if the rotation of the points is mapped/known, it would take away from it. Surely half the fun is meeting the enemy team en route/at the hardpoint and battling it out as to who will get it next. Knowing the locations, even if done in the method you stated above (half and half) it would still take away from it. Should be random.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I thought hardpoint always had set rotations.

Means teams have to not only try and get the next point but get the good spawns and leave someone in the current hardpoint to get enough of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Hardpoint with random points is headquarters lads, think about it haha.

Am I right in thinking headquarters didn't have spawns disabled in the past? Like BO2..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

New patch for today

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dv5h1d/111219_update_details_and_patch_notes/

GENERAL FIXES:

More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
    Riot Shield:

Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
    Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
    Footsteps

Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
    Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
    Challenges

General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
    Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
    Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
    Piccadilly:

Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
    Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
    Weapons:

ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
    725: Reduce range
    M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
    FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
    EB-14: Increase ADS speed
    Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
    Special Operations:

Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress

heroics wrote: »
    Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.

Ah, what's vague about that? I had a harder time figuring out how to get x kills with a reflex sight, but didn't tell you it's only the first reflex!

Hopefully they've stopped sniping with the 725!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Ah, what's vague about that? I had a harder time figuring out how to get x kills with a reflex sight, but didn't tell you it's only the first reflex!

Hopefully they've stopped sniping with the 725!

You might as well be slapping the enemy with your dick instead of a 725 after the latest update, beyond useless now.

The footstep patch notes were amended in the comments on reddit.
    Sorry the footstep wording isn’t super clear. I’ll try again:

We have different sounds for crouch walk, walk, jog, sprint, etc

Before this patch ADS used walk and crouch used crouch.

If the player moved faster than a certain speed the ADS walk could change to a jog sound. The same was true for crouch where moving fast in crouch with say an SMG and some light weight attachments could push you into walk sounds from crouch sounds

With this patch the Crouch will always play crouch sounds (creep sounds) and ADS will also play creep sounds. In this way it’s consistent for the user. Fictionally the player is stealthily moving around in these two states.

All in all players should be able to creep around more quietly with crouch and ADS movement.

Still fixes **** all for AMD users

Still fixes **** all for AMD users

Filthy PC peasant, you should join the glorious console master race! :pac: Ah no, in fairness I can imagine how frustrating it is, having gamed on PC for a while.

And it's always the way with CoD and weapon fixes. First it's OP, then they nerf it and make it useless! No happy medium!

They finally fixed the mission trackers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just finished the campaign. It was respectable but not a patch on COD4 or MW2. I actually think Infinite Warfare had a better campaign too, didn't really give a crap about anyone in this one, and the big bad Russian aspect was way overdone, almost comical.

Advertisement