Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

once you go 144hz you will never look back, night and day. considering getting a 1080p 240hz monitor myself now over my current 1440 144hz.

Haha i was thinking the same, dont get me wrong i love 144hz @ 1440P but 1080 to 1440 is not as noticeable as 60hz to 144hz , im curious about 144hz to 240hz :P
    I expect quite a bit of diminishing returns however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The netcode is the same for every player. No excuses about not being able to have stats like old CODs. Level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

MarkY91 wrote: »
    The netcode is the same for every player. No excuses about not being able to have stats like old CODs. Level playing field.

But it's not, there is a noticeable difference when you are host. I see drastic improvements and inconsistencies from game to game. Where there is a peer connection there is a 90% chance of a game playing terribly because of the connection (even when you have a great connection, its either the host or someone connected). That 10% is where the game works and everything feels perfect, I do extremely well in these games well above my average stats because I can actually be confident it what I'm shooting, TTK is what it is coded to be in these games.

Dedicated servers also play like this there is only a handful that play correctly, most of them the ticktrate will go beyond 70hz and below 60hz these don't play nice, they are not even GW games. My router blocks every other connection except London, I always play on the London server and it is never the same server or peer IP. I'm guessing everyone else here gets servers located anywhere. Stats are average also so the inconsistencies I see push my stats to be correct, if every game was perfect for everyone all the time I would still have the same stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Any tips for the cluster strike. I can’t get a kill with it. Got 4 in the last 3 games and not a single kill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

heroics wrote: »
    Any tips for the cluster strike. I can’t get a kill with it. Got 4 in the last 3 games and not a single kill

Yeah, use something else. Its brutal.

Everyone can see it on map so easily avoided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've found I get most kills if I'm quick on the draw and land it on a point about to be taken in Dom. But have to be quick about it, if there's 2 or more taking the point they'll be gone by the time it lands.

Yeah, use something else. Its brutal.

Everyone can see it on map so easily avoided

Daily challenge is only 2 poxy kills With it and I still can’t get it. I just gave up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Homelander

Play ground war, should be easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Play dom and target a point that is being taken- I’ve got 6 & 8 kill streaks using the cluster strike

Play Hardcore or Realism.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think something changed with matchmaking?

Last night and this morning at least half my lobby is nearly level 155

I wish they'd just make a proper competitive mode. The biggest annoyance of COD is the lack of it. Reward people for actually doing the objective rather than trying to get 70 kills with a pistol with no attachments. But why would they bother change up a winning formula. I find myself ****ing around in most games because it infuriates me if I'm the only one trying to win.

2XP maybe?

2XP maybe?

Maybe. But that’s only been on since yesterday. Games all seem way harder. Had a 1.1kd so far but it’s down to about .9 over the last 10 games or so

Just played a game with against a team with 5level 155. Didn’t seem to be in a party against my team with a level 10 and a level 30 on it. We got murdered with streaks

Double XP weekend has started, finishes Monday

Double XP weekend has started, finishes Monday

Started yesterday.

Started yesterday.

No it didn’t?? I was playing last night around 10pm and there was no double xp active

No it didn’t?? I was playing last night around 10pm and there was no double xp active

Definitely was for me anyway!

Definitely was for me anyway!

Me too.

Not sure about last night, but was definitely there tonight. I reckon we're seeing a lot of 155's due to the upcoming DLC, they probably all got up there and left for a while, and getting back into the swing of things for the DLC, and the double XP weekend will have them out in droves too. I'm 109 myself, and hoping to get a good bit higher over the weekend, as I'm sure the Officer challenges will reset on the 3rd.

I've found in objective based modes that I'm getting up in the top 3 due to taking the objectives, but could be 15+ kills behind the person in first. Gas to see 28 kills in first, me with 11 in second and the third with 23!

• Advertisement

What do you actually get for those officer challenges? Every 10 says emblem but there is no reward. Do you get an actual emblem?

I think you get it at the end of the season. For every 10 ranks, you get a star on the challenges page, and once the season is over the stars come together to form an emblem, and the emblem evolves with more challenges being completed, for a max of 100 completed challenges. But won't be easy I'd say, some of them look hard. And from what I've been reading, the only way to unlock them all is to actually track them and complete them, rather than hoping they just unlock via normal play. I'm going the second route, as I know I won't complete all of them in time, and so far have like 35 or so complete. Not too bothered. Think there's a leak of what the emblems will look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Got me my first "earned" gunship today :)

That killchain perk will be nerfed I'd say. Procedure is get a cruise missile, you might get another kill with that, stay alive to get VTOL. Hide in a quite corner and stay alive until the VTOL racks up the kills for the Gunship. Easy peasy. Although I think maybe the choppers are more fun.

Will hit 155 tonight and gold up my AK. Had to do a challenge to win 5 gunfight games...omg that was tough. I'm ashamed to say I had to team up with 14 year old to carry me through those wins. Those gun fight games are tense.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

So as seen as a season has not started yet there will be no reward for any completed so far? Iv'e completed most of them through normal play 36 are not complete. there is only a few I can see myself not completing 40 shield turret kills, hack 20 equipment there is a few more that will be harder to complete but for the most part they would be doable.

Hacking equipment takes ages to do when you are in a match but is doable, just really slows down play. Shield Turrets, yeah just ridiculous worthless piece of crap that thing!

If you have completed at least 10 of the challenges, you will get an emblem once the 'launch' season (Season 1 it's being called I believe, could be wrong, with Season 2 coming December?!). But I think they will reset on the 3rd. Possibly a monthly thing.

The upcoming season is the first. They probably wanted to make sure ranks were good before proceeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Was playing last night and it was there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I wish 2WXP was available in more tokens. Been using the Kilo non-stop since launch, only got it to level 69 a few days ago.
    Started using the FAL tonight because I thought I would struggle with it the most for leveling up, already level 25 thanks to the double weapon XP.

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    I wish 2WXP was available in more tokens. Been using the Kilo non-stop since launch, only got it to level 69 a few days ago.
    Started using the FAL tonight because I thought I would struggle with it the most for leveling up, already level 25 thanks to the double weapon XP.

The last patch really toned down the recoil on the FAL seems like a great gun now, but only used it in gungame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭circadian

The FAL became a go to weapon for me in previous Cod games, hoping I can get that back. I remember it having the stopping power for a 2 shot kill.

Trying my hardest to get my MP5 chops up but the ttk with it is just one or two shots too many. So they've got the balance perfect on that one!

Advertisement